In the kingdom homosexual relationships are encouraged between youths until they are ready for marriage in the eyes of...

>in the kingdom homosexual relationships are encouraged between youths until they are ready for marriage in the eyes of their family
>all marriages are strictly heterosexual pairs, but their primary homosexual lover becomes their sworn spiritual brother or sister for life as part of the wedding rites
>former lovers become godparents to their children

What would be the origins behind such a custom?

Other urls found in this thread:

spartareconsidered.blogspot.com/2016/07/the-myth-of-spartan-pederasty.html?m=1
google.com
vikinganswerlady.com/gayvik.shtml
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Völva.
youtu.be/y3qkf3bajd4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It’s a little bit like how the Vikings treated homosexuality.

Hundreds of years ago the king was a huge fag and came up with the whole thing as an excuse to legitimize his gay lover.

Is this going to be about Sparta and their semi-institutionalized homosex pederasty?

it was dishonourable and illegal?

Vikings made fun of homos constantly

I have a setting that had a king do something similar. He went a little further though, but instead of changing just the rules about homosexuality, he just beat the nobles into the ground until none of them could challenge him about anything. After that, other kings didn't share his beliefs but they steadily expanded their power until the royal family was the only family with power turning the nation into more of an administrative empire, but it all started with one gay dude wanting to do whoever he felt like at the time.

Something like this? The country’s god had a really close relationship with the king that they was often mistaken for lovers

Actually, I found a post claiming that this wasn't the cast in Sparta at all and was rather an assumnation made by Athenian historians and chroniclers considering they were the ones actually involved in that sort of practice and couldn't imagine anything otherwise.
spartareconsidered.blogspot.com/2016/07/the-myth-of-spartan-pederasty.html?m=1

>it was dishonourable

it was only dishonorable to be a bottom

>and illegal?

it was perfectly legal, it was just that being called a bottom was illegal if they were willing to dual you for it since it was form of slander.
but if you didn't it was acceptance of the fact which meant that you admitted it.

But actually having gay sex was perfectly legal.

IIRC homosexuality was tolerated by the Vikings but acting effeminate was punishable by death

lets face it considering how in scandinavian countries the "problem" of a bed was delt with, up till XVIII century, we can say one thing about scandinavian sexuality. It was bi, and most of the time in combinations.

I like it how both of you cite sources.

google.com

Have fun

>my source is I have none
Fuck off

Not any of these posters but here you go.
Homosex was not illegal unless you also didn't have kids and in addition, being a bottom was only shameful after Christian influence.
vikinganswerlady.com/gayvik.shtml
Last paragraph of the first section.

Awesome

Now fuck off

Sounds kinda gay.

>I’m gonna talk outta my ass without any evidence and act like I’m right
No, you fuck off

The Spartiate were sequestered from intimate female contact from early childhood until 25. They exercised nude with young women in the field under supervision and were then taken back to their sex-segregated barracks.

The Spartan adult population probably didn't have any kind of institutionalized homosexuality but their multi-decade boarding school culture was basically encouraging the activity as a side effect and then turning a blind eye.

Sparta was the Soviet Union of classical antiquity. The just weren't very honest with themselves and Athenian sources are probably more reliable than Spartan ones on the subject of Sparta. Most of Sparta's extant bad PR concerning their social pathology comes from Aristotle who wasn't even Athenian.

A society that doesn't have a religion telling everyone that sexuality of any kind is bad so people don't get so worked up over it. Then add fostering of noble children to allied families, bunch of young nobles entering adolescence and exploring their sexuality, none of the adults care because they've got no reason to object, as the young nobles age their past intimacy made for strong bonds of allegiance, as they come into power they set up their own kids to follow in their footsteps to build more alliances with other noble families.
Give it a good stir then let it simmer for a few generations and there you go.
One society with bi nobility.

>But actually having gay sex was perfectly legal.

being ergi could lead you being branded a nithingr and getting outlawed

Had a semi-erotic freeform 1 on 1 roleplay setting where the empire that was the focus of the game was large and decadent and male heirs had male slaves to satisfy their sexual urges with a 0% chance of producing illegitimate offspring.

It was a really nice setting with some very neat stuff but it was also an elaborate excuse to describe homo-lust in detail.

Obviously a setting with a string government doing some social engineering and using homosexual relationship as a way to deal with sex drive before a suitable partner is found/before they reach an age where having child is deemed appropriate

A tumblr transfaggot fanfic.

>punishable by death
Death was very rarely used as punishment for anything in those old germanic societies. The death penalty craze came along with the centralised authority of the late feudal system, only really becoming "popular" in the 14 - 1500s. Without a strong central authority, preferably with divine right (thanks, churches), there's no one around to legitimise judicial killings.

Sure, the norse killed eachother and had laws for that and many other things. But they were focused on recompensation and reconciliation rather than vengeance; that you had to find for yourself. Another side note is the difference between murder and killing someone. Murder was cowardly and defined as killing someone "stealthily", whilst a good old fight to the death was very different from a legal stand point, and sometimes acceptable.

>brother or sister
You ruined any possible interesting and believable origin. Gay tradition and lesbian tradition cannot be one and the same, men and women go homo for different reasons.

>men and women go homo for different reasons.
Explain further.

One lusts for boobs and the other lusts for balls, duh.

Ask specific questions.

You lost me.

>One lusts for boobs and the other lusts for dicks, duh.
FTFY

Maybe the fraternal God (Zeus, Odin, etc) took a male Human as a protegee (the proto Hercules?) in this culture's legendarium. The human was so heroic that the God praised him and considered him his equal in many regards.
Once the Human came to age of settling down, as per the rules of the Gods (Akin to jehova's "go forth and multiply"), the God gave his blessing to the Human's progeny.

This can be the reasoning behind the custom.

Fuck off

So vikings can't like traps?

Cause that definitely sounds like something Loki would've been down for

I am confus

There is a tremendously high instance of death of the mother during childbirth, but the child typically survives. The gay partnership is a way of ensuring the child will still receive adequate care.

The nobility of this nation being learned and wise, have come to understand that all women are inherently inferior to men, and exist only to deceive and Destroy men's accomplishments. As women are necessary for procreation and occasionally useful they are permitted to exist as Citizens however it is understood by any with any degree of learning, that true companionship love and merit can only come from one of the same sex. Therefore all men pursue homosexual relationships, as they are the only form of companionship available. Womrn, having been justly besmirched by the men, are also tried to same-sex relationships in order to satisfy their base and idiotic urges.

Obviously they can like trap
But acting like a girl is seen as wrong

Their patron God is a baphomet style hermaphrodite and it's considered blasphemous to spend your life pleasing only one sex.

I need a reaction image of someone rolling their eyes so hard they come back from the bottom like in a slot machine.

No you fuck off

Is this one of those threads where the answer is "the people in the setting are subtly psychologically different from IRL humans" but as soon as that answer is given you get mad about /pol/? Because this feels like one of those threads.

Don't the Japanese have a custom for this? Like the girls are expressively given pointers by dating other girls when they are young and then are supposed to grow out of it. Then, as adults, if they are still lesbians it's seen as very childish.

I don't have a source, I just feel like I read that at some point.

A society that practices this would die compared to other societies that do not have behavior. It depresses birthrates and encourages behaviors that are conductive to disease. Any empire that actively encourages homosexuality is destined for decline or already on the decline.

That sounds like some entirely in character reasoning for the society of e.g. ancient Greece.

Gentials arent seen as sex organs or "bathroom" organs
But rather organs that purify the body and give it strength and vitality.

In that respect sex was seen as more of a spititual procedure akin to an informal handshake or a greeting between friends . A show of mutual respect and support.

A side effect: only elite upper class would engage in incestuous acts becuase families who could fuck each other for support rather than working were seen as a luxury.

Still fags.

Yeah, I hear about this. It’s seems as a natural phase for girls.

Source? Empires seem to decline over time regardless of their stance on homosexuality. The Ottoman Empire was always staunchly against it, and it fell. The British Empire treated homosexuals poorly and discouraged the behavior, but it declined and became the much lesser Commonwealth of Nations long before the public and legal stance towards homosexuals changed.

Correlation does not equal causation, especially since I can point to empires that were never friendly towards homosexuals that still collapsed.

Sounds hot

Elaborate

I do not understand

Historically, highly limited access to women of appropriate class. See: Greeks, the Japanese, durkas and Pashtuns.

I remember the samurai using this reasoning.

Assuming a roughly analogous setting to Earth, depressed birthrates from socially encouraged pre-marital homosexuality, if they had any impact at all since it the premise indicates socially encouraged heterosexual marriage and reproduction, would be minuscule and less of a factor in population growth than maternal and childhood mortality. Also penetrative anal intercourse wasn't any where near as common historically due to the a lack of cheap and easily available lube and enemas. Even back in the day no one wanted to get shitdick after going in dry.

so... it's ancient greece. Are they also a hoplite warrior culture that fight costantly from birth? I think we need more tropes.

The Vikings also had Sex Witches and Feminine Penis Sex Witches.

>Feminine Penis Sex Witches
Details needed.

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaay

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Völva.

Volva are specifically female, if a dude practices their magic, he's either a Woman or Odin himself.

Ergi is the practice of being "Unmanly" and it went from being a source of mocking to a death sentence as the Norse became more Christian.

go away /r9k/

Stop injecting your gay pedophilia into games

>He doesn't want to be a mighty Lord with a harem of beautiful women and men,

Why do Abrahamic religions have to ruin everythig?

Because they have metaphorical sand in their vaginas from the literal Sand in their vaginas their ancestors had.

They demand obedience instead of provide caution.

Probably upset about the vikings being horrible snow niggers that slaughtered civilians for fun

Everyone slaughtered Civilians for fun at the time.

The Vikings are famous for being able to use Rivers to do it

Wait, what?

People shared beds, that means they must be gay.

>spartareconsidered.blogspot.com/2016/07/the-myth-of-spartan-pederasty.html?m=1
>Xenophon, the only historian with firsthand experience of the agoge (his sons attended it!), states explicitly: "… [Lycurgus] … laid down that in Sparta lovers should refrain from molesting boys, just as much as parents avoid having intercourse with their children or brothers with their sisters." It is hard to find a more definitive statement than this, and from the most credible source. To dismiss this evidence simply because it does not suit preconceived ideas is arrogant.
1. "Boys" would refer to anyone of below military serving age. The "boy" in the typical pederastic Greek relationship would have been in military training and may have been thought of as an adult.
2. Why would he caution against the practise if it did not happen?

The rest of the "evidence" is hardly anything at all.

Islam decriminalised homosexuality first.

Which is why so many different civilisations from ancient Rome to Japan prospered?

It's like homophobes want to come across as idiotic morons.

Essentially a very sexist society who performs gender segregation and yet expects people to marry the opposite sex.

In other words, everything that has existed.

How does it depress birth rates?

It effectively forces every noble or semi-noble family into marriage.

In fact, the only Empires that did not have such ideas of consortship were all relatively recent.

now there's a reputable source

get a new wife?

Why does everyone try to turn European ancestral tribes into a band of fetishists and faggots? I wonder (((who's))) behind it...

Man what the fuck did you think they all did?

>Go out hunting tilling the fields for like 6 hours max
>Come back to village
>Get drunk as fuck and screw everything pretty including the neighbor's feminine son.

Wives would probably trust the god parent to take care of the child more than some new woman who has no attachment to it.

/pol/ack, you're stupid. The past is very gay.

>New Wife kills old child so it holds no opposition to her own.

This was surprisingly common.

make more kids

>Make more kids
>This is somehow a good option

This is how you have your Bastard children killing each other over your land when you kick the bucket.

Man /pol/ you are fucking autistic. No self-respecting Lord or King had more than 3 children, any more and it becomes a game of skulduggery.

This is what I ma using in my setting for my gnostic checheno-japanese culture.

And now you're thrown off of roofs if you have sex with an adult male, while raping children is perfectly fine in their culture.

Why would she care about another woman's child? Look at any case where harems/concubines where common and you will find it filled with mothers trying to bump off the others' kids so their child can inherit everything.

> suggesting you have more kids instead of chosing homosexuality is pol

okayyyy

/pol/ is obsessed with "Breed for the White race"

Like somehow producing more white children is a good thing for families as a whole.

Fucking another mans ass as an act is totally apolitical, outside forces simply use it as a political standing point.

Only the first four caliphs had religious authority under Sunni Islam. The later caliphs were thought more of like kings then necessarily spiritual leaders. Which is not to say a caliph could not necessarily be a spiritual leader. But that would not be due to his being a caliph but due to his being virtuous and other qualities.

>No self-respecting Lord or King had more than 3 children, any more and it becomes a game of skulduggery.
>this is what the west actually believes
There are multiple civilizations spanning hundreds of years and dozens of generations based around the 'game of skullduggery' to select the best candidate. Including the chinks and mudslimes.

>Empires that were hilariously fraught with constant infighting and destruction.
>Good examples.

Yeah, there is a reason we don't look to "Drinking Mercury" China and "80% inbred" Islam as shining examples of Civilization.

Of course it is used. Most "gay activists" are soviet sleeper agents trying to destabilitize the country. It goes like this 15-20years of demoralization (leftism making it's way into journalism, media, movies, games, TV etc.) -> destabilization (Sleeper agent and shill activists, BLM, LGBTQFNFBV, antifa etc.) -> crisis (All out civil war event) -> normalization (Foreign tanks roll in and take over).

>chinks and mudslimes
and emulating them is a good thing how?

And yet before that we had the hardline religious right wing lobby saying everything productive outside of sitting in a mud hut worshipping a dead kike on a stick was evil and wrong.

I quite frankly despise both grounds of fucking nutheads.

But I do have to ask you, What fucking Tanks are going to roll into where?

The Soviet Union is dead you cockmumbler.

Remember, don't respond to /pol/ posts, just report and move on.
Global rule "keep /pol/ in /pol/" applies.

>everything i dont like is /pol/
Grow up.... you fucking autists are insufferable

The fact the soviet union is dead doesn't stop it's sleeper agents from doing their part since they were deployed before it fell. It's what a sleeper agent does. Also people educated in the 60s are throughly brainwashed by soviet propaganda and are absolutely immune to facts - they are still in power and you can't get rid of them. Watch this interview with an ex-kgb agent, he explains a lot about the role of the leftist brainlets in it - youtu.be/y3qkf3bajd4

Reminder that most communist countries were anti-gay, so this argument holds no water

So why arent you out there killing ye?
Your country needs you!