ITT Guilty DM Pleasures

>pronouncing normal names wrong to sound more fantasy so you can have an elf named Kevin
>decribing animals in an abstract way to sound more alien (anteaters and aye-ayes are great)
>dumb fantasy town names like Treewood

>pronouncing normal names wrong to sound more fantasy so you can have an elf named Kevin
I'm happy I'm not the only one who does this. Good fantasy names are so hard to come up with, much easier to just name the BBEG Steven and mangle the pronunciation

>Shoving surreal abstract stuff into every game
>Adding stealthy sci-fi elements to non sci-fi settings
>Acting with whole body while roleplaying NPCs

Being able to ripoff plots from anime and video games, because im the only weeb in the group.

Naming my towns and important NPCs in them after actors and characters of a television series I like so I can remember them easier.

I make most of the plot-relevant NPCs female because I find it stops my players from being murder-hobo'ish or aggressive towards them. A male NPC asks them for help and they're all "fuck off and stop being a bitch before we just kill your ourself" unless said NPC offers them huge rewards. A female NPC asks for help and the party is eager to do it for free no matter how useless or annoying she is. I don't even reward them with fade-to-black gratitude smut or anything...

>BBEG
Ugh...

I like to make anagrams of names to make fantasy names, if I am really fancy I add a ' to make elvish names: Ts'vee (Steve).

They're rare but my all time favorite is the result of PC actions on NPC's they liked.
Ex:
>elf princess/last of that particular sub-group of elves
>party KNOWS she's being hunted down by various organizations and they have to hide and protect her
>actually playing it fair with a d4 for how far ahead in days the group is from any one hunting party who has an idea where the princess is
>party decides to not only waste 3 days by going to brothels but to leave the elf unattended at the inn to facilitate this binge
>get back to find the elf 2 days gone
>corpses of both the Half-Coterie and the lackies of a Madame known for running a business built on exotic "goods" are all that's left
>they spend maybe a half hour trying to figure shit out before getting bored and moving on
>a few sessions later they hit a brothel again
>get heavily propositioned by some worn out elf right at the door who knows them by name
>takes one of them several minutes to put the facts of the elves description and that she knew them by name together to figure out it was the princess
>the glowing halfling they fucking lost is also there coincidentally
>group tries to get them to come with them the elf's family is waiting and they found a guy who can fix the halfling
>neither want to leave they like it there now
Or the time they got the Not!Templars burned as heretics. Or the time they lit the greatwood on fire.

This. Most of my players aren't so thirsty but one of the girls keeps trying to fuck and/or suck male npcs so I often make any burly male NPC gay just to mess with her

> having a noblebright world then sneaking in a death and some body horror to drive home that certain areas are not to be taken lightly

You're a horrible person.

I ban wizards and instead make intelligence-based options for Sorcerers and Warlocks.

I unironically and 100% believe it's healthier for game balance to not have wizards. Later on they become a walking collection of cheat-codes that's able to bypass most encounters in the game with very little actual roleplaying as long as they have spell slots left to spend.

Yes, in fact, I have tried, but good luck finding any other game that actually has a player base and doesn't involve having to teach people from scratch every time you start a group.

Look, I know hating DnD is the trendy thing for shitposters nowadays, but until you can show me an alternative that people actually know how to play and DO play in numbers anywhere near approaching DnD's popularity and accessibility, all you're doing is shitposting.

In before GURPS.

>approaching DnD's popularity and accessibility
Accessibility? Easily.
Popularity? Hell, ho. More than a half of overall games are played using D&D and its derivatives.

However, a lot of more or less popular modern games are pretty easy to get into, and teaching them shouldn't be a problem unless your players are spoiled insufferable children. People in my tabletop community are mostly normies who played nothing but D&D and Pathfinder, but they were quite open to new systems when I started GMing for them.

There are plenty of accessible D&D alternatives: Genesys, PbtA stuff like Dungeon World, ICRPG, Burning Wheel (Some parts are crunchy, but they're optional and the core is pretty easy to get into), 13th Age, etc.

All the relevant NPC have character "themes" that play whenever they appear or do stuff. This made my players assume that all the NPCs that don't have "themes" are either evil or irrelevant.
I've solved this by forcing the players to interact with NPCs before their respective songs kick in. It's kind of hilarious to watch them talk to a random hooker hoping some sexy song plays.

Are you my current GM?

Giving all the characters a different voice even though I'm bad at them
My players are fun so they love the cringe, obviously if they were more serious players I wouldn't do it

As far as I know, my players don't browse Veeky Forums.
What is your current campaign about?

I like overexaggerating martial characters' kills so they feel cooler. Last session the monk killed a zombie with an unarmed strike, so I said he kicked its head off.

The entire table thought it was awesome.

I just let martial characters do action hero stuff. Leaps that might as well be flying, throwing boulders the size of small homes (Which emulated a fireball spell, except with bludgeoning damage), and so on.

Also when a player kills/KO's something, I always let them describe how they do it. It lets them feel more engaged.

>ugh
Ugh...

Exactly this.

My fantasy setting is built on top of a sci-fi setting, playing on the basic dead ancient empire and degraded advanced race tropes.