Horus Heresy General /hhg/

BL did it again edition

Old thread >Thread FAQ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>NEW Mega Folder
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A

>HH rulebook
>epub
mediafire.com/file/mmr4e1yy7fnyxgy/HH_Rule_Book.epub
>pdf
www34.zippyshare.com/v/3a2haZF4/file.htm

First for fast

Continuing fact checking:

- Russ and SW kill team infiltrates the Vengiful Spirit
- Russ vs. God-mode Horus
- Russ somehow wounds Horus with the spear, temporarily removing his buff
- cheat removed Horus talks with Russ in middle of the fucking fight, trying to convince him.
- and Russ don't go like glorious Sig ("You keep speaking, Ezekyle. Do I look as though I am listening?") and just listen to his babbling instead of killing him right there.
- eventually Horus puts up the buffs again, and SoH starts to overwhelm the SW.
- Russ retreats, still saying "I could've killed him."

What did I get wrong, or what else am I missing?

> Betrayal says that Companies are 100 strong
> Tempest says that Companies are 1000 strong

Has it been retconned?

Legion attack bikes when?

Horus and russ are both trying to convince each other to join

Yeah everything got scaled up 10x

I think that in Belicosa company is 100.
But it was written when Legions were small and when they grow Ultramarines made companies 1000.
If I remember corretly in Bertayal there is info that SoH company can be less than 100 or more than 1000.
As great Crusade proggressed, Legions grew and started to made their own structure.

What page?

It'll be difficult to play with 200 model tactical blobs.

Just make more companies instead?

Varies from Legion to Legion.

Some companies are thousands strong while some cap at literally one hundred.

not necessarily, it might have just been Guilliman scaling them up for his Legion. Even in Betrayal, they note that Company size in the Luna Wolves/Sons of Horus could be between 36 & ~970, with the 17th having over 200. There's also no higher permanent structures in the LW/SoH than a company, so to be 10th captain is still really up there

the Legions are big in Betrayal, as in well over 150,000

Tempest p80 makes it clear that the Ultramarines follow the Belicosa. Seems that it got upscaled without much notice.
Also, look at the Company numbers in all the artwork. Never goes much higher than 100. If they were 1000-strong, you'd expect 1000+ Companies per Legion.

Companies are under chapters. So a legion can have several, say, 3rd companies, if they're in different chapters.

>kyme's vulkan stuff is no longer the most retarded bit of writing in the HH novels.
What a time to be alive.

Why can't Ferrus on HH books covers have normal hammer?

> Imperial Fists
Apparently just keep counting Companies of 100. References to high-hundreds of Companies.

> Ultramarines
Chapters of 10,000, Companies of 1000. Said to follow the Belicosa

> Thousand Sons
A Circle is said to be equivalent to a Company and numbers from a few squads to 'several hundreds'.

> Iron Warriors
Noted that a Grand Batallion is basically a Chapter with more armour, and 1000-strong.

> Raven Guard
Deliverance Lost specifies 80 Company banners.

Decided to give Nick Kyme a chance. Began listening to the audio-drama 'Red Marked'. At some point I hear this: "unlike most officers of the 13th, this captain was a battle hardened veteran" I will never read or listen to anything he does again.

Appropriate that it was a post about numbers.

>Deliverance Lost specifies 80 Company banners.
So after Isstvan that's like, 2 marines per company right?

Still better than III legion

Didn't the wolves arrive late at the heresy? If they knew about horus and how dangerous he is then what the fuck kept them from making a beeline towards Terra? When in the heresy did this exactly happen?

When will the Salamanders be freed from Nick Kyme's tyrannical grasp?

They technically arrived EARLY. Problem is that Russ said 'fuck it, I'm going to take Horus down on my own' and left Terra.

I have a mighty need

This still bothers me. Where the FUCK did they go?

>Inb4 literally the other side of the galaxy and they can’t make it back to Terra because of the entire TRAITOR fleet.

Horus distracted them by throwing a stick really really hard.

Is it worse than Gav he/ him Thorpe's Dark Angels unpleasantness?

>tfw ADB's books are still the best out of all BL because other authors sank even lower

>Imperial Fists
>Apparently just keep counting Companies of 100. References to high-hundreds of Companies.
>Ultramarines
>Chapters of 10,000, Companies of 1000. Said to follow the Belicosa

So what made Girlyman diverge from daddy's teachings so when he wrote his codex and reduced companies to 100, while Dorn was already fielding 100 strong companies? Was he an author for BL?

>death guard have 7 companies
>Alexis polux is captain of the 405th company
It varies user, don't blow your brain trying to make everything consistent.

What is the he/him joke about?

Aye, that's what my main grasp with the situation is. What the unholy fuck were they doing during the siege if they arrived early enough to depower Horus?

>death guard have 7 companies

Isn't it seven great companies (aka chapters), made up of smaller companies?

I don't know probably, my point was that there isn't a standard size for a company.

>Prospero fucks up the wolves
>Alpha legion fuck them up next
>Sons of Horus fuck them up a final time
Are there even any space wolves left?

How so?

Some recruits dicking around Fenris I presume.

Retconned. They originally were on the ass end of the galaxy and fought their way back alongside the Dark Angels.

Now the DA are busy playing new Empire with the UM and BA, so the SW are left to wander around the galaxy doing nothing all Heresy.

>Prospero
>Alaxxes
>Terra
>Vengeful Spirit
>Yarant
>meet Lion
>Terra
This is how it went from what is known to us at the moment.

The legion had been separated into just two chapters, albeit with bigger than Codex-numbers.

Well, I mean, there are no space wolves on Fenris.

> 100,000 Wolves in the Legion
> Like 1500 Wolves in the Chapter
> No Founding Chapters

Seems about right that they get absolutely fucking wrecked.

if Wolfsbane isn't connected to Yarant, then they get fucked up a fourth time, and then they've got 2 more years of the Heresy left

They've got to be considered a Shattered Legion at this point, surely.

there's a few more
>Prospero: 004-005
>
>Alaxxes: 007
>
>Terra: by 009-012
>Vengeful Spirit: 012
>Yarant: 012
>meet Lion, probably wreck shit: 012-014
>Terra: 014

And then the Scouring for another 7 years

And Russ took part of them with him when he fucked off.

200 Marines, each of them bore a company banner

Russ' assault on the Vengeful Spirit is supposed to happen before Yarant, what we witness in Weregeld is in the aftermath of that battle.

Why? They are still a unified force centered around their primarch.

I can't for the life of me remember the source of the merry adventures Russ and Lion went on before arriving to Terra. They contain stuff such as gazing into a sorcerer's (which they killed) orb to see Terra in flames, going full warp which kills all the navigators and Russ takes the helm to guide them the last steps of the journey through the warp.

That was during their founding and first steps into the great crusade. They grew their number after that, I'm not sure how many they were during Istvaan.

The writing is worse, but Kyme doesn't have a 40k Salamanders series to pimp out in his heresy works.

so they get fucked up 4 times in the Heresy, not including whatever the 20-25,000 guys who weren't on Prospero. That's a lot of guys

Maybe Lion and Russ's Excellent Adventure was in a 2nd edition codex or something?

user, both Thorpe and Kyme have 40k series. The Salamanders series isn't really connected to the Heresy, but it's Salamanders acting and talking in the exact same way they were acting and talking 10,000 years beforehand

A better question is why BL art for Istvaan never reflects that ferrus and fulgrim had swapped weapons. He should be wielding Fireblade.

I understand why they want to stretch out the story (keep selling their shit novels) but these people clearly have no respect for the existing background/ lore. What they've retconned was a million times better than this shit.

> Lion and Russ's Excellent Adventure
lol pretty much and it was actually GOOD.

about 110 000.
But RG still had better situation than EC during their reuniting with Fulgrim.

>user, both Thorpe and Kyme have 40k series.
And here we can see the amount of attention I pay to Nick Kyme.

>Cockthirster disguised as Dark Angel
I guess it does work.

If we have some Wolfsbane story, do we know how the Belisarius Cawl YA spinoff adventure went? I mean, we know he survives, but I was hoping for some neat shenanigans.

Vauge references to primaris marines and the ultramarine primarch

Well, that's disappointing. Was hoping for some hacking shenanigans or combat from someone who isn't yet another marine.

>people were actually shilling Guy Haley as one of the best HH writers
Into the trash he goes.

So now only Chris Wraight left.

>Alpha legion fuck them up next

proud that my sneaky-bois fucked them up despite being the least likely to.

What a joke. The only decent one was pre-epilepsy Abnett and that's it.

Hopefully he'll last a while before invariably turning to shit. His Custodes novels are amazing.

His Gaunt ghost novels about his sue regiment weren't that great.

>>Alpha legion fuck them up next
Force the wolves to think for once and they'll fuck themselves up for you, AL are rather good at that.

Are the new SW bolt pistols part of a dastardly Alpha Legion plot?

They're left-handed, rather than right-handed, the axes appear reversed as well, nothing wrong with that really, but it makes swapping in other weapons a little annoying.

>30k SW are leather daddies

I agree. And Corax stayed loyal too.

Well, the shield goes on the left hand, so the axes have to go on the right.

How does the Insidious Mastermind rule relate to transports? For example, if my opponent tried to bring on a Dreadclaw full of Tactical Vets, and I had a Dreadclaw full of Lernean Terminators, could I replace his Dreadclaw with mine? Does it change if they're dedicated transports?

That's the reason why Raven Guard had so few marines after Istvaan

I assume the unit has to be the same, not their transport.

But some transports are choices in their own right, like the Kharybdis dreadclaw, Land Raider Squadrons, etc.

What, you don't like Sharp's Rifles?

Hell, now that Cornwell is writing the Saxon Tales we might get some good Space Wolves stuff from Abnett.

true, those instances might need a FAQ

Give me your best Dorn memes lads, especially ones involving Alpharius getting a bit off the top.

Much as I like seeing more lefty pistols and righty CC weapons, the oversight regarding vertical mirroring is embarrassing. Now if only I could see the opposite side of the pistol to know if it is easily fixed.

Hopefully book 8 will come with a general AL faq/errata/update, as well as new stuff. Headhunters have been hit badly by power creep, and were never great to begin with.

When Abnett took over from Bill King as BL's author supreme he sort of changed the landscape i.e. all the other authors started writing 40K like him. King's 40k stuff may as well be a different setting now.

Look again, and this time look a bit closer.

I will help you see the truth

I have never been more confused

The gunsights are on the bottom.

Holy shit. I know that FW is run by a bunch of retards but someone should get fired for this.

oh. I'm so used to 40k/30k gun having random crap on them I didn't even realise they were sights

I suppose that one could be edited to include Russ and Horus now

>King's 40k stuff may as well be a different setting now.
I miss King's Space Wolves. Marines with Viking trappings rather than Vikings in Power Armor.

Almost like all that hypno-conditioning and indoctrination actually do something.

And here is the anwser from FW

It’s n-not a mistake you guys! Those are underslung laser sights!
>this is what FW actually ACTUALLY expects us to believe