Jumpchain CYOA Thread 2039: Open the Floodgates Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4DNGMoMNLRY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What's sad is that a Nobilis jump would be a speedbump these days, power-wise.

Shut the fuck up already, Jeremy.

Who would win in a fight, Timmy or Jeremy?

It's Jeremiah, faggot. Get it right.

The answer is Ted.

Ted always wins.

Fucking Ted.

My vote goes to Trashman Calvo.

Shit OP, why did you copy an OP from four days ago?

I have a question to the two umineko fans in the thread. How would someone use the red and blue trutht to deny the existence of a fantasy being in worlds where they are common like the Nasuverse, DC/Marvel or WoD?

Previous thread was How did you even go back that far?

Jumpmakers, do you have a favorite perk and item that you've written?

So convoluted reasoning about how their existence is a byproduct of a rock's daydreaming, and thus they aren't real, or something like that

What do you do when a jump doesn't have any options you like? Stick with it? Don't make a build? Try again later?

Stick with it, spend all my points on the 50 CP Item.

Skip it unless I enjoy the setting.

What prompted this, user?

I thought it was Gérôme?

Skip it. If rolled in random Chain take what I like the most and start filling next jump.

Probably didn’t notice

I had a real problem with this Sonichu. I was looking at it like, "I don't want any of these!"
I ended up taking a bunch of really expensive cross-class perks, like, really intentionally trying to burn through my CP as fast as possible.

It wasn't so much a victory as "the least painful way to lose".

Been trying to make builds but have had quite a few I didn't like. Just wanted to see what other people do.

Oh, am I the other one? I'm pretty sure Annette, SMTAnon and Heavens are into it too. We're there, we're just...low key

The events described in the Catbox jump take place in what could be interpreted as Battler's traumatised mind's attempt to reconcile the events of his family massacre, possibly with the help of The Person Everyone Thinks Is Beatrix's ghost.

In other words? The same as you would anywhere else, you just gotta use REALLY circular logic and emphasise that this SPECIFIC piece of magic can't possibly true because lo, you were in the magic-proof shelter at the time of the casting! Physically there? Well, who's to say you can't assert three points of symmetry under the moon goddess to prove you performed the specific counterspell you needed? Oh, you're bleeding out and turning into a frog? Well, nobody can prove you aren't a hologram! You won first place at the Hologram Camp last year!

You just gotta keep bullshitting without actually telling a lie. Hell, Doom's actually done something similar in Marvel: He started bragging in the middle of a magic duel with Loki about how his legacy makes him immortal, and it actually gave him enough of a buff to win.

Just pick what I least don't like, take drawbacks if they make things more interesting and try to roll with it.

There's only been one jump I've disliked enough to actually not buy anything, and out of character that's just because of my personal investment in trying to critique it beforehand. In character, it's because the Benefactor had the Cosmic Flu on the decade.

>There's only been one jump
Which one bitch

Is the Cosmic Flu more or less deadly than the Japanese Flu? And can it be cured by having your crush come to your house to bring you soup?

For perks, I absolutely love how "Not Amazing, Kind" turned out, and the "Cuffs" for items, both from Keitai Sousakan 7 since my only other completed jump is a gauntlet and it would be super cheap to name something from any jumps I haven't finished and shown the thread yet.

The former because it was the very first purchase I thought of when I was making the jump, and the ladder because it ended up as a far more useful item then I expected, despite just throwing them in at the last second.

Favorite perk would probably be It's So Fluffy! from dog days. Item would maybe be the Lailalo from Birdy

Why, it's none other than the prototype to all Japanese colds across all of fiction! It's the metafictional construct of sickness as a narrative device: Everything from the measles in a toddler's picture book, to the Red Death that invaded Prospero's domain. Recently, as the population of masked strangers have declined in new stories it's started to form a symbiotic relationship with trucks to prey on isekai protagonists.

It will also probably never be relevant in my chain.

...probably.

Vampire Diaries, 'nuff said.

So it's basically a real version of "No, I have a forcefield!" as long as the other party belives it?

I'm working (or at least trying to work) on a Veeky Forums jump, but I've run into a bit of a design conundrum. Basically, sourcebooks and all that often offer a bunch of perk-like traits in the form of "merits", "advantages", etc. How much should your jump focus on such things? On one hand, it feels wrong to just skip over them entirely, on the other it just feels lazy to have a whole jump filled with non-original stuff you just changed a few words around in. Is it better to go all in, and just expand the number of perklines, or focus primarily intended these features? Or what?

How is Needless going ?

Not him but from what Ive been told it's a mix of that, and actually being able to say it with conviction

No, user. None of this is real. I'd suggest talking to your therapist.

>Favorite Perk
I'd have to go with Disney Magic in Zootopia. But that's because I'm a sucker for any kind of Perk that allows you to help people grow in general. Being able to write one into a setting where it fits was just icing on the cupcake.

>Favorite Item
This one is harder. I write a lot of Items that turn out to be pretty neat even though I normally have a problem thinking them up at the time. But if I had to narrow it down to a category, I'd say the various properties I've written into my Jumps. If I actually Jumped my own Jumps in a row, I'd end up dragging a strip mall of various stores around after me, and that amuses my brain.

Unless I'm really attached to the world, I'll usually skip it and find something else to Jump. Or I'll find some other Jump to combine with it if I really want one or two options. Minecraft is getting fused to Factorio at some point because I really want Thaumcraft, but nothing else.

Which property are you working on?

As for your question, nobody is going to get pissed off at you adding more options, but you might consider which advantages could be folded together into one larger perk. Like, take for example in Dungeons and Dragons. There's a whole tech tree of feats relating to Two-Weapon Fighting (Dual Wielding), which help turn a warrior into a Dervish of sorts. Instead of listing out each and every feat and forcing people to buy the whole tree individually, you could lump them together under a higher price point and fluff it up a bit. So instead of buying (6) 100 CP Perks, you buy one 400 CP "package" for Two-Weapon Fighting, but it includes all the benefits.

I hope that makes sense.

The IS thing was shit. Thinking of redoing it less obnoxious.
Meanwhile my lack of social life made me write words.

>user’s Hero Academia Magical Adventures 3
>Still be me
>Still Quirkless looser
>Still Endless suspicion
>Still dickery based on my quirk. Cant possibly be active since NoQuirk
>”Come on Sensei it’s perfectly safe, is not even a weapon.”
>Freaking Deku
>That Snitch
>”You showed the recording of your fight against All for One to Bakugo Katzuki. 20 times. Just to see his reaction. Which was anger, all 20 times. /You spent at least an entire hour constantly erasing his memories/”
>Not my fault he cant handle my swag
>“user, you are brilliant inventor but you need to learn restraint and to measure the impact your creations can have”
>Never change Hero Academia. Your upbeatness warms my heart
>”But Shizo can turn people into undead slaves and they let him on the sports festival”
>”He limits his Quirk to acceptable situations. And we can’t confiscate a quirk”
>”…So what you are saying is…”
>”Indeed user”
>”If I could find a way to permanently remove a Quirk you would use it on students”
>”Ye-WAT”
>”Yes, I mean, there are people more unstable than I like Bakugo, Quirks more destructive like Todoroki or Midoriya. And /then/ there’s Potato-Meatballs guy from Nazi Academy, Not to mention actual villains….”
>Is he sweating?
>”I may be able to develop a way to permanently shut down or directly damage/weaken a quirk to uselessness”
>Holy shit he thinks I could
>Holy shit I think I could
>He thinks I /would/
>”Nevermind that user, I’ll be taking this, let Professional Heroes worry about other’s use of their Quirks”
>For a short guy with giant hands and a huge helmet he sure walks fast
>Didn’t even correct me about Nazi-Potato-Meatball-Man
>…
>Wait
>This one villain had a drug that could erase quirks
>I just entertained eliminating Quirks
>Fucking personality drawbacks
(1/12)

>Some time later
>Be in workshop minding my own business
>PowerLoader comes by
>”user could you come to the headmaster’s office for a bit”
>Fucking Endless Suspicion
>Arriving to Headhamsters office
>Whole bunch of pro’s waiting there
>”Oh, user you are here, take a seat”
>Thank you mister mouse-bear-cat-dog
>Is it me or some are actually nervous?
>”Yes?”
>”…user, do you recognize this?”
>Holds up bullet thing
>”Nope. Not one of mine. What did it do?”
>”It… temporally disabled a Quirk”
>AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>Where did that came from?
>”Well powerLoader-Sensei gave me the idea…”
>That snitch
>Enjoy explaining how /that/ happened
>UA Unwritten Rule #3: Don’t give user Ideas
>”…But I have been busy lately with an artificial organs project”
>You’ve spied on me all month buckethead
>#dindunuffin
>”I could scan it if you want to. See what I can find”
>”Thatwontbenecessary!”
>We look at Powerloader
>Ah right, Unwritten Rule #2
>”Ahem, that will be all user. Go back to class”
>Yep. Getting shit for this one
>At least until they figure out who did it
>…
>Fuck it I’m doing it
(2/12)

>[Yo! Braintarder]
>”Shinso, you jackass”
>Ahhh the friendshit between an edgelord and a smug cunt…
>[Whatever. wanna be an hero?]
>”…What the hell are you wearing?”
>[Thought-to-text-to-speech device, it doesn’t trigger your power]
>”You know I can control it”
>[Look me in the eye and tell me you wouldn’t want to get one over me]
>Just need to be sure he wont snitch me halfway through really
>”What do you want jackass”
>[I kinda have to clean my name, it shouldn’t take over 2 hours]
>”And you came to me because…”
>[Because we are frieeends~ :D]
>How can a face so naturally dead make a deadpan?
>[And I’ll do your homework for a month]
>Drones will do it but he finds out the offer loses value
>”So, you are asking /me/ to commit a /crime/ -vigilantism- for a measly month of homework--?”
>[I´m giving you 50 grand, a personal forcefield and taking full responsibility]
>”Bullshit”
>[You sayin’ I cant get them?]
>”… deal”
>”AHA! I GOT YOU!”
>”Hm? Who’s that?”
>Of course Mei was following me
>[Crazy stalker girlfriend]
>”I’M /NOT/!”
>[/Cute/ stalker girlfriend]
>So cute when she cant even talk
(3/12)

Working on it right now actually. I feel like shit over how long this is taking, but in between classes, the most I've been able to get done in a single day is a single perkline, if that. For what it's worth, the skeleton has been complete for a while, and I have 3 more perklines to go before I can move on to other stuff like items, companions, drawbacks, etc. which should hopefully take much less time. After that's all done and I've had some time to slim everything down some more, then I'll feel confident posting it in the thread for input.

Also, despite what I've said before, I'd still like to try adding in scenarios, but I decided that I would wait until everything else was complete before trying my hand at those. so even if the version I'll have out soon-ish will be in jumpable condition, it may take some time before I have those ready.

Sorry, progress is still slow, but it's definitely coming along.

>”I saw you being suspicious!”
>Fucking Endless suspicion
>[Someone found a way to artificially shut down quirks with some bullet syringe thing. Faculty thinks had something to do with it]
>”And you didn’t?”
>ffs woman
>[This Time it wasn’t me]
>”And how would we know mister “I spend my weekends however I want”?”
>Ok no
>[First of: a /BULLET/? If it was me it wouldn’t have been a “bullet” like some dark ages peasant. It would have been a beam or infectious retrovirus or nanomachine plague or bullshit magical radiation.]
>[Second: It makes the point moot. You don’t prove you are a better inventor than me by sabotaging my shit. Making people quirkless would just be petty…er]
>[… And no one has pissed me off enough to actually start looking into it]
>Man I should stop trolling one of these days
>One of these days for sure
>[Anyhow smarty, same offer. Wanna come with us?]
>”And why would I want get involved on whatever you are planning? I should tell the school!”
(4/12)

>I look at Shizo
>Braintarder looks at me
>Time for my favorite sport
>[“Well I kinda wanted the help but I guess Shizo can wait while I boot up a drone or two”]
>Bully the Mei
>”I don’t really know what would be the point. You are the top of UA support and her quirk is a telescope”
>Can’t tell if he knows what I’m onto or is his normal edge
>Heh Mei just grew a throbbing vein
>[“Well, I’m trying to be polite, is not like she can stop us“]
>”And she brings nothing in, just do some of your bullshit magic so she leave us alone”
>Second vein…
> [“Hey everyone tells me not to be such an asocial hermit and she’ already here, also shes a girl and it would be weird if two guys just go out alone wouldn’t it?”]
>Third vein…
>”Just ask her out already you—“
>”That’s it screw you both I’M IN!”
>…And she’s in.
>[“Well, it’s settled let’s go to my home. We should be back by-”]
>”Hey what’s the ruckus about?”
>Of fucking course
>Fucking Mineta
>What is this? The Extras Filler Episode?
>Oh shit it /is/
>Whatever
>Grab midget
>[“Let’s go”]
>”…Uhhh guys? Where are we going?”
>Ugh Mineta
(5/12)

>Arrive home
>Generic apartment complex
>”You live here user?”
>[“Parents died, I’m the landlord. Come on is the 1A”]
>Best way to avoid questions: Make it uncomfortable for everyone
>Apartment is normal with some odd machines here and there
>Basement is workshop UA ripoff
>Secret Sub basement is Dexter’s Lab
>[“Just ask before touching and nothing should explode”]
>[“Grab a bite if you want, see you in the basement over there”]
>”Hey user what’s this?”
>Mineta you better washed your hands I swear to god
>”Is a pizza printer. You input the order and it comes out on a minute”
>My greatest invention ever.
>Mineta has literal stars in his eyes.
- - - - - - - -
>Be Mineta
>Fiddle with wonderful machine
>Maybe user isn’t so bad
>”… Hey user”
>”What?”
>”How do you put pineapple? I cant find it”
>Sudden feeling of impending doom
>” M̶̷̨̀͢i̵̢͘͠nę̨̛͟͝ţ̛͘͞á̵͜…̵́͢͝”
>IS THAT CHORAL MUSIC?
>” I̢ tho̧ught ́y̛o̡u w͞ere ̢j͞us̷t͢ ͢a co͞mi̕c̨ ̛ŕe̕li͟ef p̡e͞r̸v”
>ThisIsHowIDie.png
>” Yo̶̷̕͠ừ̀͝ ̡̛̛́͜l̀͢͢͡͝ó̕w̕ĺ̸̢̀͠y̧ ̛s̛̀ư͢͟bh̛͢ư͠m̶̢͡a̶̛͞n̶̨͘̕”
>Foam from mouth
>Pass out
- - - - - - - - - - - -
>Walk down basement
>[“Ready guys?”]
>”Hey where’s Mineta?”
>[“He had to leave”]
>Aaaand there are the looks
>[“Oh my god he’s fine I wouldn’t kill him just for being a little perv”]
- - - - - - - - - - -
(6/12)

>Be innocent bystander
>”what a great day to hang clothes on the roof”
>waitwut
>See kid with weird hair ducttaped on post
>eyes are white
>he’s got foam on his mouth
>has sign saying [Do not disturb. This is my fetish]
>What a great day to use drier inside home
- - - - -- - ---- - -
>[“You guys should trust me more. I’m on your side you know?”]
>Grab box in table
>Is full of hoops
>Put one on head
>”BrainWave locking circlets”
>My answer to Shizo’s edgelordy power
>”What?”
>”I didn’t have time to replicate your power, but knew it used brainwaves, so I ran with this”
>Basically they lock your current pattern and prevent radical changes
>”Meaning that you can’t retard me now. But we put it in people you already idiotized…”
>”…They stay that way--”
>”--For as long as these have power. About 24 hours give or take”
>I just broke more his already broken quirk
>”I’d tell you to keep them but….”
>”You’d probably end up in jail”
>Hatsume you pink haired snitch
>”Yeah whatever”
>Yeah he has a complex about his quirk
>He hasn’t asked for any power at least
>Hope he’s working on tuning down zombification to suggestion like I told him
(7/12)

We don't even know if any besides the Greek gods exist yet, much less alien ones like Rao. Sorry.

>”So what now?”
>”We find whoever is making antiQuirk and kick their shit”
>”Fine, what do we know?”
>”Well for starters this whole thing was done by a quirk”
>”How can you know?”
>”What other skeleton key quirk shutdown you know besides EraserHead?”
>Food for thought
>”For making this without a quirk they would have to be at least as bullshit as me”
>”Well maaaybe they are~”
>SmugAnimugGrill.jpeg
>Turn slowly…
>”I literally stopped time. You both were there when I stopped time. I give people the creeps because –among other things- /I made a trinket that can stop time/. If they made this thing from the ground up then we would have seen more than just a quirk supressor.”
>Back on track
>”I actually have a lead on this”
>Put birb gang on screen
>”Some yakuza called the six precepts or something have been claiming to have the suppressor”
>”…And how would you know that?”
>”Have you any idea how many thugs I’ve had to send back in a box since the sports festival?”
>”WHAT”
>/Inner voice, Pink/
>”Geez they are alive. Some of them were even walking afterwards”
>After the third time I just set some drones to deal with them on auto

>”Well, suit up”
>Reveal thin body armor, baggy civilian clothes and weird mask things. First can take tank ammo, second hides it perfectly, third is a natural-looking temporary face
>”…Really?”
>Got a problem Shinso?
>”If you want a ridiculous costume I have yours over there”
>A closet opens. Lights turn on
>Is like an old Robin disguise. The full head mask is extra-baggy to fit all his poofed hair and has a brain print from forehead up
>Thank god I have cameras.
>His reaction will cheer me up for months
>”That door’s a bathroom”
>Shinso runs to change. Took inconspicuous clothes
>May have to construct new sides for Mei
>They shall have lasers
(8/12)

>Spoiler
Good, I wanted those in. Glad to see they are getting in still.

>All suited up. We look like a random bunch of gangstas
>”This is a stealth kind of work so we’re all using these”
>Forcefield, Invisibility and silencing bands
>”First one stops bullets, second hides you from sight, third muffles noise you make. Shinso, you get this one too”
>Disguise band
>Has randomly generated humans. Can scan more and project a holographic disguise. Can disguise voice with a speech sample. Obviously scan doesn’t use visible lasers
>”Just walk up to someone and ask them the time or something, idiotize, band, disguise, repeat. Boom, instant hero”
>”Wait we have invisibility, already and Shinzo has holograms so why masks?”
>Oh Mei you sweet summer child
>”Redundancy and covering every base in case of perceptive quirks”

>We arrive to yakuza base
>Shinso approaches as random lost grandpa
>Manages to idiotize both guards, band, disguise, and he’s in
>We follow invisibly
>Zombies standing on attention all over the place
>Mei and I put sunglasses on all of them
>The swaggest zombie army
>We find plague doctors
>”Excuse me, it’s my first day, where’s the bathroom?”
>ZOMBD’
>We come across maze
>Bullshit sonic mapper guides us
>We find horned little girl locked in pedo prison
>”Mei, your turn”
>”What?”
>”The girl, you talk to her”
>Shinso is an edgy corpse and i’m shit with people here
>She give us the look
>Mei pissed because she thinks I tricked her to come only for that
>She’s saving a little girl so she can’t complain
>Well shit manga wasn’t this far back home
>Come across lab
>Fiddle around looking for clues
>Jesus fuck this is messed up
>They cut pieces of the girl and distilled the shit to make QuirkAway
>Grimdark
>”Leave the last one to me”
>Shinso steps back from the door
>Open the door while invisible
(9/12)

I've always been disappointed that the New Gods are just a bunch of big guys that Superman has to actually try a little to pummel, and who own weird technology, not...you know, actual gods. Except for Darkseid.

The film certainly got that part right

You could at least put a story that big inside a paste bin

>Last Plague doc is on couch
>Shoot him with paralizer
>8 baseball-size drones shot through
>Surround Clucky 4up and 4down
>Suddenly floating on bubble forcefield
>”Your power’s matter reconfiguration right?”
>Birdman tries to double high-five me into oblivion
>”Good luck with that. The bubble is pure kinetic energy. No matter to change”
>Oh how inventive, shifting his own clothes.
>”Did I mention I could detonate a pile of landmines in there without affecting the outside”
>Polly struggles some more. Tires to overhaul himself
>Gives up
>”Okay Tweety I’ll bite. What was your plan”
>Tells plot. Sumarized:
>-Sell anti-quirk to villains
>-Then sell re-quirk to heroes
>-profit forever
>-Little girl? Who gives a shit
>Mei Horrified. Shizo hard-staring
>”Meh, I see where he’s coming from actually”
>Horrified stares
>ffs I’m on your side
>Birdo snaps to look at me
>”I thought something like that. With weapons. Five seconds later I realized it was fucking retarded”
>And now he looks offended. Oh you poor child you
>”First off, you are assuming no one would think that the quirk restorer mysteriously popping up is suspicious.”
>”Assuming you can keep up with the demand when word gets out and every organization and gang come asking, especially after it turns out it can be reversed.”
>”Assuming no criminal group would want to cut the salesman and run off with the secret formula”
>”Assuming the gangs wont use it amongst themselves as much as against heroes, driving demands for eraser and restorer even higher”
>” Assuming no one would end up with samples of both, realize they come from the same source and come looking for your feathery ass. Like I just did.”
>And there’s still the girl
>”And cutting this all from a little girl. Even for me that’s messed up. And you two should go ahead and get outside, I’m about to do something pretty messed up”
>Shinso and Mei argue. Both get /the Look/
>They leave
(10/12)

Fuck off, I for one find it refreshing to see jumpchain stories in the jumpchain thread for a change.

Yeah, it's always nice when a new alt world gets to have it's own spin on stuff and does it in a nice way.

>”…You know, I have seen and heard of some messed up shit. Even worse than what you did. But I guess seeing if first person just makes it look worst, more ‘personal’, you know? No one gives a fuck if this one dude went on a murder spree but god forbid he actually kill someone in front you; that sort of thing.”
>Pulling out flask and syringe, working it while talking
>Bird still on one-way silence bubble.
>Bubble shrinks, becomes skintight restrain field
>”I never actually thought I’d do this, what with how nice and shiny everything seemed. Eh it goes to show grimdark can pop out just about anywhere”
>Burd freaking out
>Injection happens
>Bubble returns to normal
>”…Tell me, have you ever felt what it is to be kicked in the balls but all over your body?”
>Bird freaks out. Struggles. Goes limp. Twitching. The bubble makes it silent
>All lasted one second.
>”That’s one a poke to the pain center in your brain. Try to move your fingers”
>Eyes wide open. Breathing fast. Suddenly body, jerks face towards bubble. We are face to face
>”Starting today, you stop being a dick. Try to use your quirk, you get another poke. Try to run and everything below your eyes stops working. Try to tell anyone and I get creative; maybe losing your bowel control, maybe I squeeze you fear center to see what happens, maybe a round of ‘stop hitting yourself’, maybe I start randomly erasing your memories.”
>…
>”And I understand. Maybe is not your fault, maybe you are just sick, maybe you can get over it. But even then I can’t let you walk around. I’ll be watching”
>Show him screen on wrist computer. Is me from his point of view.
>”Remember,”
>Echo comes from computer since it has sound
>“ /no snitching/”
(11/12)

>Fuck off, I for one find it refreshing to see jumpchain stories in the jumpchain thread for a change.

Take it easy autist, all I'm saying if it's that big he can just put it in a pastebin. No need to get so defensive

>Drag BubbleBirb outside past Braintarder’s zombie army
>Outside, pullout teleporter mat
>”I called UA. If you guys don’t wanna get in trouble for vigilantism I can shunt you back to the basement, just leave the girl”
>”And the thugs? That was my Quirk”
>”They only obey you. I’ll say it was the sonic paralyzer”
>”This will get you expelled”
>Aww Mei cares
>”Think about the kind of shit I make. Pretty sure I got fear-based scholarship and a too-dangerous-to-let-go tenure or something”
>Unsure looks
>look at wrist ”3 minutes for police to arrive”
>They step on teleporter mat.

Epilogue
>UA+police+bunch of pro-heroes arrive
>BIIIIIIRDMAAAAAAAAN is reminded that snitches get stitches
>”user! My boy! You are in trouble”
>Let’s be honest: no I’m not.
>”You are user Jumper”
>Ah, right, AM’s weird sidekick Nighteye
>”Thank you”
>Ah right, #1 fan
>…Ok how does one bow at 90° and keeps balance?
>”…Ooook. So…”
>Give rundown
>Omit Braintarder and PinkSmart
>*InaudibleGasp* X 20
>Birb confirms after getting The Look
>That counts as confession
>”Everyone there is paralyzed and the bands keep them that way.”
>We still need a home for Horngirl
>”Also. Horngirl needs therapy. I can pay for it”
>Sad about girl. Cant actually adopt her.

>Allowed to go free of vigilant charges cause AllMight vouched for me
>Got invited to Hero Course, full live-in shtick
>TheSuperlativeLAUGHTER.png
>Everyone suspects I had help. Horngirl talked. I deny everything. No actual proof
>Eat lunch with Mei and Shinso next day
>Name was cleared of suspicion for now
>Still feel like forgetting something…
(12/12)

Try first to complete jump and then think and maybe make scenarios. I would like to have jump earlier and wait for a little more for scenarios than wait longer for jump+scenarios.

Actually I probably should. Depending on the next arc. This thing was actually longer.

Nobilis being overpowered was never the reason for it not being made into a jump. The reason is that as a narrative-heavy abstract RPG where you purchase character traits with a resource called "CP", it's pretty much impossible to make a jump without just making a photocopy of the core book.

>Actually I probably should.

Thank you, I wouldn't have minded if it was just a few, but it's like the time that user spammed fanfiction and causing never ending walls of text

user’s Hero Academia Magical Adventure Sidestories
UA Unwritten Rule #2
>Never give user Quirk-related substances
>Especially from Emitter-type Quirks

>Be Midnight, R-rated Hero
>Agencies wouldn’t accept Striperella
>Crazy brat user from support class Asked to keep piece of suit
>D’aww a perv that’s not Mineta
>RapeFace.png
>”Of course user-kun~”
>”Awesome thanx”
>Not even kiddy awkwardness
>Bummer
>[Three days later]
>user is approaching
>He’s carrying a box
>/NOT/ a good sign
>”Oy Sensei can you save another piece I may need more samples”
>By All Might’s glutes what have I done
>DamageControl.exe
>”…user What did you d--”
>”See I wanted to try my hand at sleeping gas but figured that if I altered the chemical composition of your smell thing power I could make it last longer”
>Dread Rising faster Grand Torino on a jetpack
>Pulls out tiny spray bottles
>”So I tried making it more relaxing but it caused nocturnal enuresis, then I tried to go the other side but then it caused sleepwalking, then sleeptalking, and this other one gave wet dre--”
>Suddenly a scream of incoherent rage rumbles through the whole school
>Bakugo kid slams into corridor
>He’s painted Hot Pink
>And covered on equally pink slime with debris sticking to him
>”Ah yeah I made glue weapons analyzing Ashido’s slime” “Hey Baku”
>”user what--?”
>[ANGRY BAKUGO NOISES]
>”I put a ‘do not touch sign’ baku. It’s your fault”
>Literally cannot understand his screeches from the anger
>Bakugo lunges
>/Time to strip/
>Suddenly
>Liquid splashed Bakugo dead on the face
>Falls asleep mid-jump
>Lands on face
>Inertia and glue slime make him do a flip
>…
>”Aw crap which ones did I use?”
>mumbles the little Quirk Pirate
>He’s holding several uncapped bottles
>Realizes I’m looking
>”IT WAS SELF DEFENSE”

What's even your beef against nevereding walls of text? Would you rather have shitposting, or polls?

How dangerous is Creepypasta, as a First Jump, as a Cryptid, with the Weirdness Magnet drawback?

Not that user, but why does it have to just offer character traits? We have jumps of things like Exalted and JRPGs that give substantial offerings without limiting themselves to the character creation process, why is Nobilis any different? Surely if it's as "narrative-driven" as you say, there's other worthwhile things to include that aren't just making your character. Just because the points in the book are called CP doesn't mean you have to follow that in your jump.

Jesus fucking christ dude. This was amazing writing, but dark as fuck.

And once again, we get twelve posts of some asshole being cruel to others because he justifies his incredible inherent advantages as making him morally better than the other people with incredible inherent advantages. Yawn. If I wanted self-indulgent fanfics about how the super-technology self-insert protagonist is so much better than everyone else, I'd go to Spacebattles or Sufficient Velocity and read a Commander fic. God, I hate Commander fics. Planetary Annihilation doesn't even have a unit capture feature, you fucks! Commanders can't scan and reverse-engineer new technology, let alone improve on it. You didn't even bother to play the game, did you?

I would rather none. But it's easier to scroll past the latter

DEpends the cryptid skills i guess.

You could be always movingand only deal with a few chance encounters.

That droawback as a Cryptid may set you with hunters, cults summoning you, or other cryptids trying to eat you

Then maybe I should rephrase that: What do you actually want to see in the threads? At the moment, it seems like you're saying you want them to be empty of everything but memes, jumper questions and random topics.

/jc/, exactly how flustered is the world going to be after my companions televised my fight with Dante in the DMC jump, and it wound up becoming a shirtless wrestling match.

On a sidenote, do not let Dante grab you in a throw. That fucking brainbuster hurt.

Creepypasta is even more variable than SCP Foundation, it's as potentially dangerous as you want it to be, but there are also entire societies of mundane humans who go largely unmolested. A lot of it is street-level, though.

Question about Lifemaker. Do they have an actual personality or are they just insane due to the Resonance thing?

Wasn't someone working on a jump for Zombie Knight?

>justifies

...would you prefer to read a story about a cruel asshole who DOESN'T justify his incredible inherent advantages? Sincere question here.

>self-indulgent fanfics about how the super-technology self-insert protagonist is so much better tha everyone else

I don't know if you've noticed how popular SupCom is, but Jumpchain may not be the right experience for you.

>Commander fics

What are those?

Yeah, that was pretty much the plan. Getting everything else done takes priority. I decided not to even think about the scenarios until the rest of the jump is on the drive. That seemed like the safest bet to me.

Checked

Also who gives a shit have you seen antispiral user? Powerwank is the point of this and fucking with the setting is the only interesting story after everyone becomes god.

Secondedonthe shitty commander fanfics. what the shit is the obsession?

They have a personality, since they're in control of Negi and talk through him a lot, but they're pretty not nice.

I never said all stories should be gone user, what I said is that I don't like never ending walls of text.

Pretty damned flustered if he showed his demon heritage at any point.

They haven't shown up a lot from what I gather, but the evidence seems to lean towards "yes, but it's heavily tilted towards dealing with that Resonance thin"

Actually, no. The narrative is a fundamental part of the mechanics, is what I mean by "narrative-driven". There is no part of the experience of being a character in Nobilis that isn't going to wind up on your character sheet. It's a weird game. Jenna Moran is super into overly-complicated mechanics that weave narrative and personal identity together.

That's the thing, I don't see problems with walls of text. Just scroll past them, you can't be so lazy you can't be bothered to hit the spacebar a few times.

Not him, but are you telling me every game of Nobilis is like those Multiversity comics were Grant Morrison turns the apathy of comic book readers into big dumb doomsday monsters?

>What are those?
Random guy SI's into the body of an arbitrarly advanced machine capable of self-replication via nanites. 99% are powerwank and technobabble about going to several settings and copying and combining tech and pondering how overpowered they are.

When in doubt Blame the Eldar is maybe the only decent one

I asked how it is going because you didn't say anything for few days, and I really can't wait for it.

user’s Hero Academia Magical Adventure Sidestories
UA Unwritten Rule #4
Don’t try anything made by user before extensive official testing
>BE ME!
>THE GREAT!
>THE ONLY ONE!
>PRESEEEEEENT MIIIIC!
>user KID COMES UP!
>SAYS HE CAME UP WITH A WAY TO FOCUS MY MELODIOUS VOICE!
>SO I DON’T MAKE PEOPLE BEHIND ME DEAF!
>HA!
>HOW COULD I DEPRIVE THEM OF ME!
>BUT HE PUT A LOT EFFORT ONE THE MUZZLE MIC THING!
>IT EVEN LOOKS COOL!
>AND COMES WITH A BELT AND GLOVES!
>”Redundant controls in case you cannot reach for your neck or need to be discrete”
>WHAT THOUGHTFULL LITTLE GREMLIN!
>WHY WOULD EVERYONE BE SO IFFY ABOUT HIM!
>HE EVEN HAS ROBOTS WITH SOUND-MEASURING MIC-THINGIES TO SEE MY REACH!
>PUT IT ON!
>BE NICE AND SET IT TO MAX FOCUS!
>DON’T WANNA MAKE IT LOOK USELESS AND RAIN ON HIS PARADE!
>GIVE IT A GOOD OL’ “HEY WOLRD HERE’S PRESENT MIC”!
>CSIMiamiOneLiner.mp4
>Soccerball sized beam shoots out of mouth
>/vaporizes first robot/
>then second
>then third
>fourth, fifth…
>bush
>tree
>turns up ground
>crashes into academy wall like a truck
>Hear glass cracking on street behind wall
>Car alarms
>…
>”…user--”
>Nowhere to be seen
>THAT LITTLE
>…
>Quietly take off collar
>Whistle a merry tune
>Walk away coolly
>What Aizawa doesn’t report cannot hurt me
>Still be Present Mic
>Singing out

>...would you prefer to read a story about a cruel asshole who DOESN'T justify his incredible inherent advantages? Sincere question here.
Well, I'd prefer not to read your writing at all since you're not nearly as clever as you think you are. But if this was a better writer, then yes. I think that sort of honesty would improve it, if the protagonist was acknowledging that no, he's not better than the superhumans because he puts in hard work to make technology, he's better because a godlike extradimensional being gave him tons of advantages.

>I don't know if you've noticed how popular SupCom is, but Jumpchain may not be the right experience for you.
I'm fine with tech-focused builds. Those are cool, technology is awesome. It's the arrogance that annoys me.

>What are those?
This shitty type of self-insert fic where it's basically Jumpchain, but the person is a Commander from the game Planetary Annihilation, which is a sort of spiritual successor to Total Annihilation (and therefore a cousin to Supreme Commander). It involves them going from universe to universe, stealing tech and then effortlessly integrating it into their systems and upgrading it to insane power. Which, as I said, is not a thing that Planetary Annihilation Commanders can do, I'd probably be more okay with them if it wasn't tied to that specific franchise. Anyways, there's this real undercurrent of arrogance in all of them, this asshole handily defeating every threat and then talking down to all the people in the universes he goes to for having trouble dealing with their problems because they had to foolishness to not be post-scarcity super-gods that can casually violate the laws of physics.

While I enjoy the stories, please use pastebin, if only to stop Anons from complaining.

I'm not even the writer, man. I do however write a cruel dick Jumper myself, so you singling out the justification thing caught my attention because speaking about my own I honestly don't think it would make him any less objectively awful.

The arrogance seems in character for anyone who isn't like, a hardcore pacifist or a Buddhist monk or an inhuman cosmic horror at least. But I bow to your superior knowledge of self insert fics.

I kinda want to try my hand at writefagging at one point, but I'm not sure how well that would turn out... I've not got the greatest track record with writing stuff (I think 9k words is the most I ever managed for a story). Writefaggers, how do you write out your adventure? Do you plan out the events? Or let them come to you as your write? (I could genuinely use some writing tips)

Yeah, sorry. I didn't have anything to report, so I've been staying user for the last couple weeks or so.

I don't have many hobbies, so even if I don't have my name on, chances are I'll be around if you have anything you'd like to ask about it, as long as I'm not in class at that moment.

I improvise and have fun with it, and tend to be spontaneous unless I have some idea of a character arc lined up. I also regularly wing the rules if I think it makes a better story in some places.

Do what seems fun for you.

Sort of. It's more that the narrative role and interactions of a character are part of their stats. Like, your history is a resource that you can use. You don't just have a backstory for your character, you have a pool of points that you can spend to invoke things about that backstory for tangible benefit. Your relationships are stats. Your aspirations are stats. Your items and home and family are stats. Your ability to not be affected by narrative logic, in a game about narrative, is a stat. It's weird. I love them, but Jenna Moran's game are just bizarre. At least she owns this, though. Like, he intentionally made a game that was as confusing as possible and titled it "Wisher, Theurge, Fatalist", or WTF. The expansion is That Linguidly Dreamed Raif, or TLDR. So she can poke fun at herself, that's nice.

Huh. I haven't even looked at the Nobilis sourcebook, and every time I learn something new about it the thing sounds even weirder than I imagined. I'm guessing a Noble of History would be almost as broken as a Noble of Flowers?

This ended up being shorter than I thought and it looks like we're posting writefags right now, so I'll finish this one up.

Jump 77: UQ Holder
Drop-In or No?: Nah.
Chronological Age: 425 (About?)
Physical Age: 20
Immortality: High Speed Regeneration [Stipend spent, 1600]
Perks:
Elder Immortal [1300]
Prince
The Immortal Life
Spring of Life
Team Dad
Put On a Show, Darling [1200]
Mage - Specialty: Western. [1100]
Martial Artist [1000]
Old Fashioned Brawler [900]
There's An App For That [700]
Making My Way Back [500]
The Springfield Factor [300]

Items:
Mourning Time
Speeder
Luxury Convoy
Fortune [0]

Drawbacks:
Village Idiots [1100]
Black Phantasm [1400]
Maze Runner [1600]
New Kid On The Block [1700]

>High Speed Regeneration- 300
>Rank B- Magical
>Through many unpleasant experiments, your body has been forcibly remade into something immortal. You’ll cease to age past the point of physical maturity and you’ve gained an impressive level of physical regeneration. You can heal most wounds in a few short minutes, even recovering lost limbs after a short rest break. You cannot heal while something is embedded in you, so make sure to un-impale yourself first. Since it takes a few minutes, this does mean you can be left disabled for some time if sufficiently damaged and enough damage to you can end your life, such as by having your head get crushed or losing all your organs in one go. You can improve this healing rate with practice however.
>You can improve this healing rate with practice however.
>improve this healing rate with practice
>PRACTICE
youtube.com/watch?v=4DNGMoMNLRY
OKAY GUYS THE MOMENT I BLOW THIS WHISTLE, PULL!
>"Like, there's no air in space, man! How does that even work?!"
DOESN'T MATTER, PUUUUUULL!
>Avatar is promptly squished between two very literal moons and they explode upon contact with him for some reason.
>Moons Destroyed: 2

>Do you plan out the events? Or let them come to you as you write?
Well, every writer has to find a method and style that works for them. For me, I like to plan broad strokes for a specific Jump, but then see where the story takes me. Sometimes I'll surprise myself by getting into the swing of things and going wildly off track. Like when I was writing Candyland Fallen. Finn was supposed to play a massive part in that Jump. He was supposed to be recruited, trained, made into a giant hero with the help of Jumper. But instead I dove into Marceline's character without even realizing I was doing it. That whole scene with Jumper and her under Yggdrasil? Completely unplanned and slapped down in a single writing frenzy.

But I'm rambling a little, so let me give you a few simple, clear pieces of writing advice.
>Do it every day. Even if you suck at it.
>Don't look back on past works and look only at your failures. Make sure you take time to see what you did right as well. What you learned.
>DO IT EVERY DAY! Even a little bit. A page, a paragraph, whatever.
>Plan an ending, but don't be afraid to change it if the journey towards it takes a left turn.
>If you run out of inspiration, move to a different scene. Sometimes your brain is telling you a scene has gone on long enough.
>Reread what you wrote the day before when you're going to start writing again. It helps you keep the same tone throughout the whole document or know when to shift it entirely.
>DO IT EVERY DAY!

What's the latest version of the Teen Titans jump? 1.3?

>Avatar is then sliced repeatedly by a reluctant Okita with her Noble Phantasm.
OH GOD THIS HURTS
>"Can I stop now?!"
NO IT'S GETTING FASTER I CAN FEEL IT
>"You're really scaring me, Master...!"
>Avatar is exploded repeatedly via pressure points by Toki
>Toki looks incredibly unamused.
OKAY FORD JUST LIKE WE PRACTICED!
>"This is incredibly unethical."
JUST PULL THE LEVER YOU PUSSY
>"-Sigh-."
>Avatar is promptly tossed into a black hole by a planet-sized generator, pulled screaming into the field.
>They get their limbs blasted off repeatedly by a laser.
>"Are you enjoying this."
Actually, I just turned off my ability to feel pain! Odds are I'm in incredibly amounts of agony right now!
>"Charming."
In fact, lemme cheOWOWOW OH GOD IT HURTS SO MUCH EVERY CELL IN MY BODY IS SCREAMING AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>"user your limb already grew back."
I THINK I HURT MYSELF SO BAD MY PAIN RECEPTORS DON'T TURN OFF ANYMORE
>"I told you this was a stupid idea!"

>"...hrmm. Something's...different. Something...inside?"
>"Who are you?"
>"I can feel...all of their pain. All of their suffering. All of it, in every cell, within my very soul."
>"..."
>"Such a trifling thing. What are you trying to do? Make some sort of point and making me into a puppet by driving me to do what I already do over and over again?"
>"You're just as empty as I am. Vengeful. Automatic."
>"Does it hurt you? Is this burden too heavy for you? Is the pain too much?"
>"Then I will carry it for you. These fists are only dedicated to the never-ending fight. You may rest while we share this form."
>"I will carry out that revenge for you. For I only exist to do battle with that man..."
>"...oh. My head appars to have fallen off again. One moment."
>Carrying his own decapitated head, the body of Stone walks off into the sunset. Preparing to continue his dance with his ancient foe.

Stone x Lifemaker OTP? I would have detailed the fight but we know how that song and dance goes...unless you guys want it?

The one on the drive, I think.

Some people just throw a fit when you diverge from the acepted jumper archetypes

Research Hermit that is a hikkikomori all the jump
Fairy Godmother that goes to make every main characters lives perfect
Fixit that effortlessly solves the entire plot beofre it even starts
Random omnipotent guy that has wholesome laughs while going along the plot...

Make an actual character and boom "you pretentious asshole"

I swear you already did UQ Holder.

Should I count The Bastion as a Ship, or as a Property?

How did you get around the Grimms' powerscaling in the RWBY jump? Or was that cancelled at some point?