Love

How do you like your romances, Veeky Forums? Short and sweet? Dramatic? Epic and bitter?

Didn't he take it up the pooper?

Depends on the character. I've played some that prefer no strings attached, others looking for a life partner and some who choose to remain celibate their whole life. Whatever the flow of the story is.

Visas Marr

>How do you like your romances, Veeky Forums?
Down to earth. None of this "love conquers all" shit. Sometimes a man likes a woman, sometimes he likes her enough to stick his dick inside of her.

If there are human constructs I like to see conquer all, I prefer them to be less beastly and more dignified concepts. Such concepts as loyalty or honor. I especially am a sucker for loyalty.

My friend of excellent taste

Geralt and Yennifer.
they call out each other when the other is bullshitting, Actually respect each others skills. And is surprisingly kinky.

Romance is all about tension and release. Like good sex.

It's about one person seeing another person who causes them to go crazy in a manner of speaking. It's about building up the sense of longing and then pulling away gratification at the most precise moment. It's about passion coming out of nowhere and leaving just as quickly as it came, leaving you a mess of emotions.

Unironicly one of the few enjoyable examples in vidya. And thanks, you too bud.
Find what you were looking for among the dead?

Yes

From The Iron Bull. I'm amazed he could walk afterwards.

>Actually respect each others skills
>Yenn forces Geralt to settle down instead of working due to the dangers of the job
>For the longest time blamed the wish for why they were attracted to each other only admitting it after the wish was removed
She was a lot of things but actually respecting Geralt wasn't one of them.

The """"romance"""" between Holmes and Adler.
Irene despite appearing—iirc— just in one story managed to be one of the most well-known characters in the books.

For me, that's the perfect amount of romance since it is coupled with admiration and the ability to recognize each other's own faults.
She's also the staple seductress I tend to gravitate for inspiration.

By not taking any tips from Dragon Age that's for sure.

Actually looked up The Iron Bull's first romance scene, that "oh for fuck's sake!" was the best.

Morrigan, because I'm a sucker for dark hair and a woman who sticks to her convictions unless you can actually prove they are false or misguided.

>She's also the staple seductress
It's been years since I've read A Scandal in Bohemia, but to my recollection Adler was never depicted as a temptress in any way, or even really a romantic interest. Holmes has always been way too autistic to women, it's just that she aroused such a fascination in him that it was probably the closest thing he felt to love. Movie/series adaptations (especially that cancerous recent BBC series) went wild with the idea of Adler being sexy and seductive and Holmes actually wanting to stick his dick inside of her. But then again, BBC's Sherlock is a "high functioning sociopath" rather than a turbo autist.

Cumberpickle's Holmes wasn't that terrible, not the greatest but not the worst ever.

She blamed the wish because she did not think she was capible of romance. or that it was holding geralt down.
And im pretty sure of the incident at kaer moren geralt would have settled anyway. The only witchers left are his friends and a handful of survivors from other schools.

Yet in Triss's he still takes jobs from time to time to keep his edge, Yenn told him outright "no more".

>Cumberpickle's Holmes wasn't that terrible
It is though. Other than it making Holmes a sociopath because it's "cool", resorting to the stale cliché of "I talk fast and call everyone an idiot therefore I'm smart", utterly ruining the bromance between Holmes & Watson (honestly, why does Watson even stick with him? I instantly understood it in the books but I still don't get it in the series) and somehow needing to make every single villain some kind of deranged crime supergenius what tickles me the most is how they frame their mysteries. There was this British society of detective writers (forgot the name, I think Doyle never was formally part of it but Agatha Christie for example was) that formulated one fundamental rule they all kept themselves to: it should be -theoretically- possible for the reader to figure the mystery out himself with all the clues given to him by the writer. The BBC series violates this rule all the time, presenting us with certain facts and then making Holmes appear smart by cracking the case with an unknown fact he just pulled right out of his ass. Cumberbumble barely looking human and tumblr fawning all over it doesn't help either, but those are just trivialities.

I'm using the term "seductress" loosely here in way of how she was able to maneuver and deceive and also knowing when she has been deceived.

Definitely not referring to the succubus sort of seduction.

Origins is the only good member of that triology. It serves as a headstone for the grave Bioware was shoved into after being corrupted by EA.

Hmmmm I should probably rewatch these sober then, because that sounds way worse than I remember. Although I do remember having the same thought about Holmes & Watson, it seems really out of place that Watson sticks around.

Please user, don't remind me.

My do-whats now?

>All downhill following the spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate

IT WASN'T SUPPOSED TO BE THIS WAY

I didn't like any of the women in the game (I guess Shale counts?) but for the men Alistair wins hands down.
He's like prime husband material that doesn't expressively think about sex 24/7 unlike how most people portray men as a romanceable option universally.

Plus he has strong convictions with the charisma to hold it.
(His banter and arguments with Morrigan is the only time I "liked" a female character.)

>So you've never?
>Never....... Had a good pair of shoes?
Alistair best boy in that game.

EXACTLY

I was sad finding out he wasn't available as a romance option.

That little shark fella looks like a nice fren
Thanks for sharing the image user

I liked the old lady, and Morrigan was OK when she wasn't being Viconia but a wizard.

I like the Seeker's better, mostly because of the part with the book. Tsundere knight with a love of trashy romance novels is best knight.

Real would be nice, for once.

Anything involving impregnation.

Underrated post

True in a romance sense it is better, but a pure moment of gold that whole scene is great.
>Josephine staring "I can't move my legs"

Noice

I liked Viconia's story, though. There's love, heartbreak, a bastard child whom you both adore, love and heartbreak together, and a father/son quest to take bloody revenge on the entirety of the drow race.