EDH/Commander General

Cruisin' & Bruisin' edition

Previously: >Latest News:
mtgcommander.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18749

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their decks strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commanders color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info

>Thread Question
What's the most laid-back deck you have?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/manaboi-omnath/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/valroz-golgari-beatdown/?cb=1518046391
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Need opinions before I buy

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/manaboi-omnath/

Do you think I can sponge damage until turn 10 with no defense whatsoever

>Thread question
Toss up between my hugbox and my garbage fish deck. I definitely prefer playing the former

>What's the most laid-back deck you have?
Rith: disappointing tokens

No not in most games especially with that commander

>thread question
mono-b aristocrats
maybe build an original deck?
get some imagination?

The first deck I made which is also the shittiest deck I have

>raise valid point against someone saying something retarded
>they post a meme image about baiting or something
Must be hard being autistic

>Thread question
I had an Azami deck that literally only won ONE time by Lab Maniac. It was monoblue "EVERYBODY DRAWS A CARD!". It was terrible, but so comfy.

Goblin guide in krenko y/n?

Post art you wish was on a creature or a good card

Probably the Ixidor Morph Tribal deck I made as a joke. It has no wincons and was more just to show my resentment of playing blue the "correct" way.

No.

I'm making a boros deck, hoping that people feel sorry for me thus letting me steal games.

Elesh Norn Anthems. I think it's won a single game ever since it's creation, but I still love it anyway.

man lands resist “non-land” boardwipes, right?

I play this card in my Naya partners deck

Yeah rtfc

Does anyone play multiplayer commander on magic online? How's the community on there?

I play online often
It's VERY casual for the most part a lot of decks have draft chaff in them and people don't run enough boardwipes just to make the games go at a reasonable rate
Games take FOREVER though

Technically cheating, but it was my cat deck. Basically "ramp, enchant, swing."
You NEVER play commander on mtgo because all your ramp/tutors are banned because Wizard's can't into good design and people whined that a t1 Sol Ring in a 99-card deck was "too op."

Yes if the wipe specifically says "non-land" it won't hit manlands because they are still lands even when activated.

Don't be a dick.

That's only for 1v1. The normal banned list still applies for multiplayer.

That's 1v1 you GOON

>Don't be a dick
Blow me

post dick

But user, that's the best Firebreathing card in print.

Alright, I finally finished that janky deck. I can't be assed to look at the manabase, but take a peak. If this version isn't interesting enough, I do have a much MUCH cheaper budget-friendly ramp-into-goodstuff-then-smash-face version I can post too.

General gameplan? Draw a billion cards with all the ramp ever, then win in some convoluted fashion. If you include tutors, I'd just grab Ad Naus or Necropotence, then fling Kagemaro for a billion damage. You could probably tutor psychosis crawler and traverse the outlands to dump all your lands at once with rampaging Baloth out, but I have no idea if it'll actually work. I might put in a stax setup later tonight to really get the gears going, but as you can tell, I have ADHD and need to keep things limited.

>>tappedout.net/mtg-decks/valroz-golgari-beatdown/?cb=1518046391

>I do have a much MUCH cheaper budget-friendly ramp-into-goodstuff-then-smash-face version I can post too.
post that too

>post dick
Ight here's all 14 inches of my "Cheney"

>Argothian Enchantress
Why though?

I wanna make a Judge Dredd Azor deck.
What are some of your favourite I AM THE LAW card?

Rule of law and meddling mage come to mind

>What are some of your favourite I AM THE LAW card?
The one and only most STRICTLY LAWFUL card of all time.

Is Kjeldoran Outpost worth the tempo loss of sacrificing a plains?

depends entirely on how much card draw you have. You don't want to mana screw yourself with it.

>Norn into Dovescape
Oh my how legal

I don't really know. Something something, so many enchantments, but realistically it should be Bane of Progress.

Apparently it got deleted, but that's okay. I'd just take out all the stupid expensive stuff, like berserk, necropotence, ad naus, and sylvan library, add a few more fatties, like Hydra Omnivore, and Terestadon, then go to town.

Sakura-Tribe elder was one of the last cards that I cut. I'd also get rid of all the pacts/x draw spells and psychosis crawler for Reclaimation Sage, the infect version, scourge stinger, and cultivate. You can probably cut some of the rocks and Vorinclex too if you wanted it to just be bare-bones but effective. Maybe skullbriar back in the 99 too.

Right now I'm putting it into a boros Aurelia deck. The deck had as good of card draw as Boros can really have.

>Apparently it got deleted, but that's okay. I'd just take out all the stupid expensive stuff, like berserk, necropotence, ad naus, and sylvan library, add a few more fatties, like Hydra Omnivore, and Terestadon, then go to town.
>
>Sakura-Tribe elder was one of the last cards that I cut. I'd also get rid of all the pacts/x draw spells and psychosis crawler for Reclaimation Sage, the infect version, scourge stinger, and cultivate. You can probably cut some of the rocks and Vorinclex too if you wanted it to just be bare-bones but effective. Maybe skullbriar back in the 99 too.
ok
thanks!

If you already have a Crucible of Worlds, go for it

What are some good value sac cards that i can put into my gonti deck for the reanimation package?

Phyrexian Tower

Oh, I almost forgot.

Elvish Piper, and Champion of Rhonas are also good includes too.

Who are you quoting?

You, obviously.

i'm definitely building this next.

>Ban staples in 1v1
For what purpose?

I think they go by the French list for 1v1.

They were going to use the French list for multiplayer too until people convinced them that was fucking dumb.

>a t1 Sol Ring in a 99-card deck was "too op."
it is

Remember kids, sometimes a card's original art is just good on its own

are you dumb? That art is for Ashling's Prerogative...

and it's not as good on the card

Will never regret getting foil ashling. It was 8 bucks but damn does it shine.

I don't get it, the original art is so good.

>sometimes a card's original art is good on its own
>I don't get it, the original art is good

yeah you guys missed the point

This is why I said that I don't get it, why did he say he liked the original art and posted another art? It's like saying that I like strawberries and then I post grapes.

>Scorpion Senpai I told you I wasn't ready yet

you can prove a point by either showing a positive or a negative example. for instance you can say "always wear a helmet" and then show a cyclist surviving a crash with a helmet. or you can say "always wear a helmet" and a show a cyclist dying in a crash without a helmet.

he showed a negative example of what he doesn't like. it's not that complicated.

Straight from a garage sale

The thing is, why would anyone go out of their way to make a fake version of ashling, just to show that it is possible to have bad art? It is either extreme autism or just plain retarded.

why do you assume they made it?? considering the amount of comprehension issues you are having i don't think you should be accusing anybody of autism.

Is it worth keeping both Myriad Landscape and Blighted Woodland in Angry Omnath? What about Terramorphic Expanse and Evolving Wilds?

>making alternate arts of legends because I'm bored and want to see what they'd look like
>notice Ashlings is worse
>post it anyway because it shouldn't be a massive deal and someone might like the look of it, might get to talk about card art or something I don't know I don't ruminate on Veeky Forums posts for an hour before posting them
>Everyone starts sperging out
wew

Holy fucking shit

What website do you think you're on, my man?

That is a terrible example. You can't prove that an art is good because another art is bad.

This looks cool. Makes it look way more ominous

If you want ominous I've got you fucking covered bro

he wasn't trying to prove that either was good or bad, just that one was better than the other.

Why do you assume he didn't? And nigger, just chill. We are all autists here, if you weren't, you wouldn't be here.

Hey user, can you do me a sweet Skittles one, or perhaps a Korlash one? Really, any monoblack general would be fine, and Razaketh is the worst offender of the bunch.

Not that user, but the original post was kind of retarded.

You might wanna read the first post again. He talked about the art being good, not better. Don't wanna start a shitstorm here, just stating facts.

Man this is one of the only Wayne Reynolds pieces I like

It doesn't feel as ominous as the other one, where Locust God is better positioned, and you can see way more destruction. Without to mention you can barely see the swarm on this one, and he isn't walking in your direction.

My favorite/comfiest deck. I don't care I get knocked out asap most games, I just love how simple it is.

I know what you mean, he really is a hit or miss artist, in general, I like his design for monsters, but he can't draw armors even if his life depended on it.

I too, would like one for Skithiryx.

I don't like how his art has gotten more... angular over time. He really can't draw armor, you're right.

Naw man

Holy shit, I never looked shirei so close, what is it supposed to be? A black mass with eyes all over, or is that a bunch of pus bags?

Yes

I play it in my Jor Kadeen and I like it. It made a token once, but it's rarely been much use, but it's good to have the option since such effects are rare on lands.

Neither Skytherix or Korlash are depicted in any art other than their own card
Unless you think Boneyard Scourge or Scourge of Nel Toth or Deathbringer Regent would make a good looking Skytherix

Oh man I really dig this one. I couldn't even tell where Yahenni's eyes were on his art, and this gets across the vampire thing much better than the original

It really bothers me that Skittles is a skeleton and Bladewing the risen is a zombie. Based on arts, it should be other way around.

Theros block had some art

Shame that's about all it had

We got some cool commanders out of it though

Name one that's not a god

If by "Cool" you mean "powerful" then yeah, they're pretty cool.
Aside from Macar every legend from Theros is just a generic good thing you'd expect their color to do.

Kalemne

>Shame that's about all it had
Devotion worked out great, imo.

I just wish they'd have dropped Heroic in the first set and pulled in Constellation, so we could have had a real enchantment themed set.

>Name one that's not a god
>It gave us some great legendary creatures
>Oh yeah, name one great legendary creature it gave us excluding all the great ones!
u fuckin' wot m8?

But seriously,
D a x o s

Didn't need to drop heroic just tribute, and inspired.

Do a Chainer, my brother