/mgr/- Monster Girl Realm Worldbuilding

/mgr/ Monster Girl Realm Worldbuilding Thread

Gods and Demon Lords Edition

Previous thread:

Our Setting Foundation so far:
>Gods created everything, then each God tries to push their ideas into existence still, causing them to basically fight and people are normally in the middle.
>The original races, Humans, Elves, and Dwarves are soon finding that each God is creating their own races, the Monsters. They are supposed to be the Gods' loyal servants but they are basically mad experiments. Some were violent, others not so much.
>A mage, wanting to gain ultimate power, steals Divine Magic from the Gods, but it becomes twisted. It transforms the mage to a Succubus.
>She finds that she needs Spirit Energy to live. As she drains people, they become cursed like her, becoming Corrupted.
>The newer races don't have as much energy as the original races, so they Corrupt faster.
>The Gods try to fight the Succubus once they realize that Corruption is moving fast, but they don't act as a team and many get Corrupted themselves.
>They decide to make a Chief God to lead them, who is honestly unsure how to deal with the threat.
>She decides that Gods are too precious to lose so she gives boons to humans and MGs just the same to fight.

Home of the as of yet un-named Veeky Forums Monstergirl RPG.
It's work-in-progress "rulebook" can be found here:
>piratepad.net/E41GY9rQQr

Warhammer Fantasy roleplay homebrew link:
>docs.google.com/document/d/1-khJ4fE5v2MyrumyZoauEJ4VIucMO-kP1MGHNVtaDkc/edit

Wikis for popular Monstergirl settings:

Monster Mosume (Everyday Life with Monstergirls):
>dailylifewithamonstergirl.wikia.com/wiki/Daily_Monster_Girls_Wiki

Monstergirl Encyclopedia:
>mgewiki.com/w/Main_Page

Monstergirl Quest:
>monstergirlquest.wikia.com/wiki/MonsterGirlQuest_Wiki

And of course, an assortment of various creatures from myth, legend and folklore.

So let's speak more on our setting. Who are our Gods and what are their goals for the world?

Previous Thread: OP was being dumb.

The Cheif God Protects and I want a gun slinging cowgirl Holstaur waifu to smite corruption with please

Okay, but what if my fetish is corruption with good endings?

I suggested before there be enemies who can’t be monsterized, who are like these representations of reality falling apart, would you be into that?

Like Elder Gods and such?

Sort of but not really given we have Cthulhu monstergirls, but of that ‘it’s so weird and alien, hence terrifying’ idea.

Like I imagine them to be like black sillouhettes with glowing eyes, like the humanity enemies in dark souls.

>who are our gods
guys this is a setting for an RPG. who cares about the gods. (not the players)

So, what are some monsters that put fear into nations on their own? I mean, you can talk about combined arms and making not!Europe all you want, but if a dragongirl can nuke a village then that's gonna affect the map.

It might matter to Paladins, Clerics, and Angel players.

>tfw no gigantes waifu
Shame we don't see more of them, they're basically a better version of ogres.

Honestly I don’t see the appeal of this setup. I much prefer the vanilla MGE setup.

Gods have it in for humanity for whatever reason
A succubus Games the system and turns a grimdark Cliche fantasy world into an erpg
Chief God cockblocks her halfway through
Two are locked in a cold way playing the long game
Chief God turns into adorable NEET.

Just think about regular fantasy creatures and then add "girl" at the end.
>Lich girl terrorizing the King's lands
>Dragon girl going on a rampage (throwing a tantrum) because the heroes aren't strong enough
>Tarrasque girl wants to eat the planet coreohshit

I advocate giants as a demihuman race (but are like between 7-10 ft). Higher class demons who can subvert whole communities into corruption through magic and trickery.

They have a field day whenever they come across a nunnery.

because right now we are literally at the origin story of how the world came to be as it is user, we came to the conclusion we'd have something like the OP

then there's nothing to discuss, if you think MGE is fine as it is, go play in that setting? Nothing is stopping you

Because we are trying to go away from the ERP setting of core canon, and make the MGs less "Created by evil and have no free will" and more victims so we can keep our waifu and not have to be mindless sex slaves.

Krakens are a nightmare for maritime nations and pretty much shutdown all naval trade and piracy
The Ice Queen to the North is constantly encroaching her eternal winter farther and farther south
Rumors of the Kings young new bride being a Lilim or Demon send shivers down the royal courts spines
Once in a long while an Orc Warcheif will unite all the tribes and launch a massive invasion

Yeah we can do that without torching the first set-up. Really I think it works fine on its own.

For one, the demon Lord ISNT evil despite everyone trying to make it out to be the case. And you can make the distinction that they do have free will, most girls are just raised to listen to their instincts rather than suppress them.

And torching the first setup gives us more freedom to do exactly not that, they're raised as their culture says they are, they're sentient beings with their own actual problems, including the fear of literally going extinct because they were created without a male counterpart, which we still need to justifiy somehow

>Who are the gods
You mean who's worshipped or who are literal deities? If literal world-creating deities, I'd argue none - there are angelic and demonic creatures, and whoever's in charge of heaven currently might be called capital G god, but there's no actual gods wandering around doing miracles and the like.
What can I say, I like a setting where the existence of actual deities is in flux.
But then, I disagree with the premise of what's written in the OP, so evidently I'm going to have to peace out of the world creation now I guess.

Call me crazy, but I figure you're kind of going about worldbuilding in the wrong order. I'd rather end up having created a world out of lots of little bits and pieces people choose to flesh out, not write some big origin story and then move forward. Write the time you're in, flesh out bits of the past when relevant, leave it mysterious or ambiguous where it isn't. People write single areas, like the pirate flotilla, or the major co-existance city the Monsters founded, then gradually you build a setting out of those ideas.

Should there be a literal pirate queen out there? Would she be allied to the Demon Lord?

Because that's a Paladin boner killer. You should have the typical Chief God and then the rest are lords over certain Domains. The Chief God should be upright and virtuous, trying to keep the rest in line. Also the Gods would all be cute little girls with way to much power whose domains amount to their hobbies and they each have their favored monster girls and humans. There is not some celestial war going on. They're just arbitrary.

NEET chicks aren't hot. They're gross.

Look, it's not the setting we are going for. If you want to play a pure MGE game, there are like 3 books and a few games you can pull inspiration from and run them in whatever game you want. But we are working from a different angle. Sorry if you don't like it.

I agree with you 100%. These people seem like they don't even play RPGs and just want to write "muh original take on MGE" fanfiction like this is /jp/.

That still doesn’t explain why it’s necessary to torch the old set-up or why I’m shit on for thinking the old one works better.

Despite their powers I see Krakens being among the more simple minded monster girls. They'll rough up some shipping lanes for a bit until they find a suitable man but after that they cool down unless their husband has other ideas. If that husband turns out to be a Pirate Captain with an insatiable lust for booty or the Naval commander of some nations fleet they are going to absolutely dominate the seas for the next generation.

I think we actually already had someone have this idea a while back for a city in the setting.

Someone has shit taste.
Or we could discuss the actual merits of the individual adults instead of ignoring any dissenting opinions.

Also me!

I think we can have a particularly ambitious Kraken declare herself pirate queen, and control a good chunk of the Slave trade out of her pirate city- an island made of shipwrecks.

We had a few ideas:
>After the Gods made the original races, they liked the look of women more, so their custom monster races became all women. To carry on the line, they might need men from the original races, but they don't go out looking to attack and rape them.
>The Gods who are left are female and made the monster girls after their own image/gender. Same issue to reproduce.

Doesn't /jp/ kind of, you know, just write quests and greentexts and whatever and just go from there, letting the rest be just assumed? Can't really say I've seen a world built from them at all, wouldn't really be characteristic of weeaboos to do this sort of thing, either so right back at you I guess?

The reason why we are putting this foundation before we are going back to the actual things that matter(tm) is because it seems like we agreed on removing the rape as the central aspect of the setting, so we kind of had to rewrite the mge lore from the ground up, though I agree it's not perfect as it is

Not that user, but were you the user I was talking with about the floating Order Naval Base?

Yep!

Cool, wanna continue our talk about the pirate MG and their slave trade?

>user liked my pirate flotilla

I agree, though. A lot of my favourite settings don't actually look that cohesive when you put all the parts next to each other, but have lots of great little bits and areas and characters that you can get interested in.

If I may add my two cents, I favor the idea the reason the Gods cull their subjects is because they fear that mortals might one day surpass and kill the gods.

But since the cycle had a monkey wrench thrown in by the demon Lord it’s been going so long the setting has finally moved into the renaissance era.

If we don't come to a conclusion and stop trying to make 60 different settings, we aren't going to go anywhere and be just like we were for the majority of the last thread, fighting over what's canon and what isn't and trying to get away from the bad elements of the MGE but getting looped back into it when someone comes around talking about MGE Canon. The setting in the OP was agreed upon and it's where we are going. We've already discussed at length why we aren't going with the MGE canon and you can read the last thread to see why. It's not that we aren't treating you as an adult and outright dismissing your opinion. It's that we've already gone passed it and you are trying (either purposely or not) to drag us backwards. There is a reason we've rebuilt the OP, why we don't say Monster Girls General and post MG pictures. We are moving on.
I feel like I'm typing a break up letter to an angry ex.

Sure!

How about we say the pirates make a lot of their money on both the ‘ilegal’ trade of human men, but also the legal trade of monstergirls thanks to being based in the southern sea, which had a bunch of tropical islands and is at the crossroads of the desert continent, the Order mainland, and Zipangu.

Attention Good citizen, the Order is here to protect you and your familiy.

If you sight any suspicious activity that you might think it's related to corruption do not hesitate to inform us.
Corruption is the true enemy of both Humans And Pure Monsters.

Don't let these Lust Crazed and power hungry Lilims tell you other wise,Corruption doesn't lead to happines... it leads only to your own destruction it will eat both you body,soul,and mind,it will turn you nothing better than a Lust Crazed animal thinking nothing more but his own lust.

So don't be afraid The Order is here to protect Both Humans and Pure Monsters.

So please stay safe and may the Chief God Watch over all you endeavors

>How about we say the pirates make a lot of their money on both the ‘ilegal’ trade of human men, but also the legal trade of monstergirls thanks to being based in the southern sea, which had a bunch of tropical islands and is at the crossroads of the desert continent, the Order mainland, and Zipangu.

I like it, I remember there was also talk about them being bounty hunters as well right? Capturing wanted corrupted and sending them into the Order for a bounty.

Can't say, I've never been to /jp/ and didn't mention them.
I guess my question becomes "why include lore rather than just rules"?
Like, write down "Monstergirls can survive on regular food", "not all Monsters are corrupt", just include it as an 'FAQ' as such. I can get behind a lot of the reasons WHY you wrote that lore, just not the lore itself.

It's admirable you're trying to build something genuinely cohesive, but I don't see what writing an origin story actually adds to that rather than just simply stating that's the way things are.

Reminder to stop needlessly touching your guardian angels as they are trying to focus.

I thought the Chief God was the overachieving, class president type? She was the biggest baddest angel around and that's how she got the title when the last Chief God fucked off to somewhere else.

Sorry. I was just late to the party, and since the OP prompt was about Gods I figured it was still up for debate.

And I just honestly don’t see the new lore as being more interesting than the old lore, not even for fetish reasons.

Hmm... but the pirates likely make enough money as is and monstergirls aren’t that motivated by wealth.

What if their are corsairs based out of the order aligned ship city?

That’s how she was before she had her hopes and dreams crushed by that damn real-lifer demon Lord.

That's fine, it's why I said what I said. Just don't get hurt because people don't do what you want them to do. I made the Red Order up and it's not what I pictured at all when I first talked about it.
It's a debate if it's good at all, but I now kinda like the state it's in now.

>What if their are corsairs based out of the order aligned ship city?

But wouldn't they need a reason as to why they attack Order trade ships and such and would be allowed in Order territory and not attacked on sight

First because it's part of the fun, isn't it? I think we can make something genuinely better, not "MGE except it's not quite as bad". And that's why the op say's "so far", we want a good baseline, so we can get back to building the actual players in the setting. If we all start from a common baseline, then we can mix and match the small details anons have built up without bickering, but starting from different baselines will make it so much more messy.

But honestly, if some guys build small factions, whilst others work on the setting, right now it's totally fine, we're not really getting in each others way, you could even say we are coexisting

Again, if you don't like the current OP, because you think our world is shit, then that's fine, suggest something better, maybe we can come to an even better conclusion

Why wouldn't MG not be motivated by wealth? If they are like normal people, then they need money to buy things, and they might want certain things like cool ships, mansions, and more. They could be interested in money just as much as anyone else could be.

I can't fucking read. Time to go to bed.

Can we include Sergals? Or at least sergalgirls? It'd be a nice way to get futa without it actually being futa

That would explain a lot actually.
>Chief God has always succeeded by trying her best
>gets pushed back and even injured by demon whore and her hero boytoy who was supposed to shank her
>was she not doing her best? That's impossible. Maybe it's because she's alone? But she has the other angels
>confidence shaken, she is trying to piece herself back together while the other angels try to pick up the slack
>Demon Lord's forces are gaining ground because God is having a crisis of faith

Corsairs? They’d be sponsored by the Order as bounty hunters to go after the pirates.
I’d just like to discuss it that’s all.

Like I feel people are trying to steer it into making the Demon Lord the bad guy which defeats the point.
Can I suggest my alternative ecclesichal heirarchy then?
They measure wealth in men, and you only need the one man.

That said wealth can be useful to acquire a man, or please the one you’ve got, so they’d have some use for it, but either way I doubt they’d be strapped for cash if they are pirates.

I like it. And it makes her much more sympathetic even though she’s fighting for genocide (which is why i’d Have her not be the true Big bad).

Quests died for threads like these. Veeky Forums is fucking dead, man.

We aren't using that anymore. It's more "Gods are general assholes" fighting among themselves and messing up people. She's been selected by the Gods to lead the Gods to defeating the Demon Lord, but she's losing and it's hurting her confidence.

Monstergirls are inherently corrupt, dumbass. Kill em all.

The "Fighting for Genocide" angle, I mean.

Can’t we have both?

No user, I'm going to throw a spergfit and call you a faggot if you insult the flawless oc donut steel setting we've crafted. Of course you can suggest alternatives, we're explicitly searching for alternatives or additions that seem good, how would I even tell you aren't one of the anons who wrote what we have now.
Honestly, I like it more than the MGE lore, but It's far from amazing and I think everybody who has participated in getting it this far knows that

Oh. Well that sucks.

Cause, doesn’t that make the demon Lord the bad guy by default then? It takes a black and grey setting and turns it black and white.

Wasn't the whole point the conflict between monstergirls and humans? With this new shit what's stopping the existence of monsterboys?

Personally, I hate the "Gods Genocide People Because Too Many People" thing. It's dumb. If Gods want to kill a group for defiling their Temple or for not helping their Chosen Hero, that makes sense and I'm cool with. But killing for killing sake is just Chaotic Evil shit and I don't think our Gods should be doing that.

Monsterboys aren't being added to the canon just because people want MonsterGIRLS but that doesn't mean you can't ignore that in your game.

Maybe it's less for that and more just doing what the last God left on their checklist? Or there being an actual reason to keep monster and human populations as they should be?

Angels would probably have issue with killing people for no reason but would bear it if it was fucking with the building blocks of the world or something.

I mean, the Gods can still be dicks, but they are overall good. The Demon Lord literal stole Divine Magic, got it twisted up and now has to steal Spirit Energy and Corrupts people doing so. So it's more like light gray and black.

>Personally, I hate the "Gods Genocide People Because Too Many People" thing. It's dumb.

I agree, that was one the stupidest things

Thanks.

So what i’d Have it is that humans were an accident of creation that eventually reached a post-scarcity society.

The gods realizing that there was a non-zero chance of humanity killing them they have since spent the rest of eternity trying and failing to reset creation.

There were several attempts to exterminate humanity, but the most stable one was unleashing demon hordes on mankind and then empowering humans to wipe out demons ad Infinium keeping humanity in medieval stasis while they gathered there power.

In steps a Succubus and her hubby figuring the eternal grimdarkness is a raw deal, and tries to weaponized love (and sex) into an infinite power loop to flip the script.

But it turns out that the gods are actually much closer to resetting creation than anyone realized (this may or may not be optional depending on reception).

The gods mankind knows are in fact pawns, most of them, especially angels, having bought the propaganda line that they are meant to help humanity and love them. The true gods are this dharmic unknowable amalgamation that have hidden themselves away behind heaven.

The Chief God knows, but will get zapped and replaced if she rebel’s, and hence has been reduced to the pitiful hikkomori she is today.

Exactly what should be our next focus to be honest, we had a few people point out different approaches so far.
>The Monsters are female because they were created by a goddess in her image
>Gods, having created the monsters simply to please themselves, chose women simply because they like female aesthethics
>The MG's are female only because they were created incomplete by a weaker god/renegade god

Hey man, I miss quests as much as anyone, but making fluff for settings full of monstergirls is totally in the spirit of old Veeky Forums. Even if there is a few too many prudish busybodies trying to order everyone else around.

So now it the Demon lord who is the good guy and the gods are even worse.

Why not then write in a sensible reason then? Such as- I just find it more interesting that the one wearing the evil get up is the good guy, rather than the guy who is wearing the good get up is the good guy.

Also you know, pro-monstergirl.

Not this autistic /d/ circlejerk garbage that is only staying around because generals are the only thing left of this board

Pretty much. The Gods most people know are pawns without a choice, so are still sympathetic.

The true gods but may or may not need tweaking, I guess depending on how edgy we think it is.

So where do the monstergirls come in user? How were they created? Were monstergirls not an accident? But I do think it's a viable approach in a way, especially the first part. The second just sounds like MGE until the Chiefgod, which is now a good force.

What's wrong with gods as bad guys?

It's almost the same thing as MGE and corruption is still good.

Dude, what said was basically the same garbage setting as the MGE canon, which we are trying so fucking hard to leave.

Why not have a Grey and Grey setting?

The Demon Lord is a pure optimist who thinks that if people are happy and love (a natural concequence of acting on lust, right?) spreads throughout the land, they can have a comfybright paradise. Sure there are a few... um... glitches but with lots of caring and faith, things will work out, right? Her heart is in the right place, but the situation is much more complex than she would care to admit.

The Chief God, by contrast, has been broken into pessimism. She sees the problems -- all of them. Very technical and careful, the Demon Lord's "This will all work out" point of view isn't just rejected, it never even occurs to her. To the Chief God, things happen through hard work and logical chains of cause and effect, she doesn't see a lot of possibilities. Facing her world crumbling around her ears she has lost all hope and, ironically, faith and has fixated on the one clear and certain recourse: Mashing the reset button. Does she LIKE that answer? Heck no, but she's rapidly running out of what she sees as non-genocidal options to recover, not the population of the world, but Creation itself.

Neither one has a clear and correct view of the universe. The Demon Lord is too focused on the individual, while the Chief God is too fixated on the big picture.

>>Corruption is still good
>>Literally makes you a mindless sex slave.

Moron.

And what about the people in these threads who think it's good lore and fits the setting better?

Learn to read user, I was criticizing that story in how it's almost the exact same story of MGE with some bits slightly changed

You just want MGE. There are books of lore for you already. You got your setting. Let us have ours.

Sorry, I thought you were a Corruptionfag.

Same as before- Monsters were created to devour man, the demon Lord by hijacking divine power and tapping into the infinite power loop turned all monsters born afterwards to be hot chicks with monogomy fetishes, but didn’t get around to fixing the rape, no boys, or corruption problems before she got cock-blocked.
How about the Chief God just wants to fix the glitches her own way, with purification stuff, but keeping monstergirls and love intact, if not for the damn real lifers in the way (except not really because she doesn’t get a choice the true gods want genocide)

Or is that too much of a copout?

Me thinks some people don’t want an earnest conversation on the subject.

It's the conversation is over and we are trying to move on.

>Sorry, I thought you were a Corruptionfag.

I'm far from it, I believe it should have a place in the story but shouldn't be "Corruption is actually good and you are fools for not wanting to be corrupted" crap that keeps being pushed. We are trying to get away from MGE.

Then tell OP next time not to make the OP about the gods as if it’s still up for debate.

The Demonlords character is exactly what I envisioned aswell, and the polar opposite of the chiefgod didn't even occur to me, and I think that's a good characterisation, I like it more than the "humans are getting too powerful, gotta genocide them before the coup me" thing even. However there's stll a gigantic flaw to me, where did monstergirls come from? When the Chiefgod didnt want to genocide humans, she didnt need monsters. When she doesn't need monsters, there's no template for the DL to make monstergirls off.

That's kind of the same problem we hit, which is why we made a new premise, monstergirls being created alongside man, being corrupted by the DL, which has grievances with the way the pantheon works. Also thinking she is doing genuine good etc, just like you characterized her.

We can go back to this more MGE like setting, but I do feel it's more restrictive.

This is wrong. Monsters were created by the individual gods for what reason the gods wanted. Basically All the Gods together created Humans, Dwarves, and Elves together, then they wanted their own races (and liked the way the women of the other races looked, or maybe the gods are female, I think that's a GM thing at this point) and created the Monster Girls. Then when the Demon Lord started Corrupting people, MGs were the fastest due to the fact they don't have as much Spirit Energy as the Original races.

If you read the previous thread where we agreed to those things in the op, we did it with the assumption that people will come in with a mindset that's less focussed on rape and mge. There's a reason it says our setting /so far/. We agreed that it's much better than having people come in under the assumption this is a mge thread, following mge canon, and I personally think that is the right call

>When the Chiefgod didnt want to genocide humans, she didnt need monsters.
I mean, there are other uses for monsters than Raw genocide. Perhaps they were meant (either by current chief or, if she's a newcomer like the DL, her predecessor) to teach humanity unity, or provide a world with trials to overcome because idyllic paradise was boring. Heck, it would make sense of the DL was resentful if an entire class of beings existed as XP fodder. True, they do kill humans, but again the Chief God post is about the big picture... maybe in Her Divine Vision there was a substantial gain for Humanity and Creation at the cost of some humans (not all or the 95% MGE-Canon figure, incidental casualties to monster) dying.

I like this, wasn't this discussed in the last thread?

>Then tell OP next time not to make the OP about the gods as if it’s still up for debate.

It was put in the OP because some kept trying to bring up MGE as the setting and kept arguing about it and was to keep them away.

I don’t see what that adds though. Seems a bit too complicated than- beasts that were designed to eat people got retrofitted to duck them instead.

It's likely not going to come up in the game and it would be interesting to link certain MGs to Gods, like Ares making most of the ferocious beast girls.

I get that, but the /so far/ bit makes me think it’s still up for debate.

I’m fine with people not liking the version I prefer, it’s annoying me though that people seem to want to sidestep the issue than actually discuss it.

I get MGE has baggage, but what about this set up- Has to do with said baggage of rape and brainwashing and corruption? I think on its own it’s seperate enough that one can address such things pretty easily.

Maybe if I could see some examples, but I kinda prefer monstergirls being of one slate, and being on a spectrum within that slate.

Also should we discuss corrupted gods?

It still has all the rape and brainwashing in it. It even states
>>ERPG
which is what we are trying to get away from.

There is this fag who keeps trying to drag this back to MGE no matter the cost. Why?

That's exactly what the so far means user, it is still up for debate, and as for it's not about what the gods want or do, or whatever, we can flesh those out later, it's important to note what made monstergirls, why are there only monstergirls? What is the central conflict? It's not really theres this gods and that god and this god, it's more like "the gods did this because that, and thus world"

>Also should we discuss corrupted gods?

This should be the part where corruption fags shine instead of trying to force it on everything else, do you have any ideas user?

Well, like I said, Ares or whatever God of War likely made Monstergirls who were warriors, The God of Oceans likely made all the mermaids and what not. Who could even say about Dragons and Vampires. Some might be mistakes the Gods rather not talk about.

Because he dreams of the day when he can sit around the table, one hand holding dice, the other hand stroking his hard cock while those around him do the same and they cum together thinking about how his character just become the husband to a cute Alice.