Do you listen to Veeky Forums related podcasts?

Do you listen to Veeky Forums related podcasts?

I listen to Adventure Zone and Drunks and Dragons since no one wants to play DnD with me anymore.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCJuq7Klg3_dbBKThC6KcbDw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I think its fun that the more TAZ played DnD5e the more they realised how unbalanced and bad it is and then when they try other systems they're all like "wow" and actually having fun with the game itself

The three stat run was objectively bes

why does nobody wanna play DnD with you anymore user?

Acquisitions Incorporated: The "C" Team

Best show out there.

I'm an internet sperg. I find it hard to interact in chat rooms and discord. Although I don't have problems in person

I am the same way

Anime Campaign and Thrilling Intent, but I usually can't hold on to a podcast. The GM inevitably does something that pisses me off.

Mostly just System Mastery these days. I used to listen to more Fear the Boot and Schemes and Stones but just stopped for no real reason.

I got through the first arc of TAZ and didn't see any reason to continue since I wasn't really enjoying it and was told it was going to get worse.

Drunk and the Ugly is my go to especially since I like the group as well as RPPR and Technical Difficulties.

Listening to some APs can be difficult because I hate people who are overly silly for the sake of being silly and it annoys the hell out of me.

I used to listen to Office Hours but I've since stopped. Haven't run anything in a long time so I'm more into just reading rulebooks and setting guides rather than thinking about actually running something.

I listen to Critical Role but skip 100% of Marisha's dialogue, and 40% of Liam's.

Is this a joke? That was the most masturbatory that Griffin has gotten, practically creaming his pants as he told them again and again what they did and how he was giving them good boy points

Dice, Camera, Action - the best, because of experienced DM.
Acq. Inc. C team - seems ok so far. Holkins' imagination is interesting.
Maze Arcana - I just really like Eberron.

As a somewhat related question, does anyone know whether the players get paid or they do it for publicity/fun? I guess the producers aren't obligated to post such information?

>tabletop RPGs
>does anyone get paid?
Unless your name is "Hasbro" or "Steve Jackson", the answer is no.
>podcasts
>does anyone get paid?
Unless your name is "NPR", then no.

NOBODY involved in ANY of the RPG podcasts you've ever listened to has ever been paid a cent.

I'm sure they're compensated in one form or another. Most have ads, patreon or donation so they have some income.

>tfw every 40k podcast is insufferable fan boy tier

Are there even 40k normies?

Thrilling Intent has great production value and nice animation and art stills.

I once found a 40K rogue trader podcast that was pretty alright. Then they decided to go on about how Penny Arcade was actually literally metaphorically Hitler for the whole dick wolves thing and it didn't stop. In like 2016 no less. I don't know how you can play a setting like 40K and be Like That about fiction.

I dunno. The first season was great by the end, but I'm just not enjoying the second that much. Maybe it needs time to gain momentum, but at the moment it just feels like Jerry and Kate story time, with special guest Amy and waifu. Meanwhile, Ryan and Kris are basically humorous NPCs.

I went through about half a dozen rpg podcasts a year or two ago and every one I found that seemed halfway promising would at some point detail into apologising for the fact that some or all of the presenters had dicks. I'm pretty pro equally and anti sexism and think more women in the hobby is great, but you start that shit and I hit delete. IDGAF about your virtue signaling, save it for your dusty tinder profile.

I thought TAZ was D&D, why are they wearing magic space suits? Care to fill me in?

Inter-planetar/dimensional I ain't gotta explain shit

Its friends telling stories with the bare minimum of an rpg beneath it, of course its great.
Its also been fun watching the art, animation and songs evolve.

Iiirc, in that pic they're messing around in a crystal building that turns whatever it touches into crystal. Hence all the anti-magic protective gear.

youtube.com/channel/UCJuq7Klg3_dbBKThC6KcbDw I run a tabletop session youtube thing. Roll20, long-term Star Wars SAGA Edition and D&D 4E campaings, and a lot of deliberately-shorter dips into other systems.

I listen to a boatload of rppr, mainly because of the call of cthulhu and delta green goodness.

Most rpg actual play stuff has really shit sound quality which is a bummer.

Crit Juice was awesome and hilarious, but they stopped updating because the dudes have real lives.

No because they're all shit don't offer any valuable opinions or information.

Listening to the first 36 episodes of the adventure zone has made me hate the McElroys. Not that I held them in any high regard before, it was the first thing of thiers I listened to so I was neutral on the podcast empire shits. I have the episodes on my phone and I counted, that's where I stopped. More upseting than me stopping listening is that it turned me into one of "those" people. One of those people that is going REE playing the game wrong, because I actually know someone in person that listened to TAZ and said its what got them interested in role playing and I want to shake them and yell "TAZ is dog vomit on a moldy bagel and they have no idea what they're doing! Please for the love of Christ go watch just one thing DMed by Chris Perkins to see what d&d is really like!"

Check out Bards & Nobles. Pretty funny actual play flying under the radar atm.

No.

Working my way through this at the moment, I'm enjoying it. I wish they'd do more seasons of the main team tho.

Are there any good podcasts that are just about certain games, rather than being actual plays?