DND

>Level 1

>Invading Bandit Hideout in a cave

>Reach final bandit room

>Fighter jumps into the fray but gets cut down quickly

>Rest of the party kills 3 of the 5 remaining bandits

>1 death saving throw fail

>One bandit flees, the other grabs the downed fighter

>Wizard tries to talk it out, promising to let him go with his life if he frees the fighter

>Failed persuasion

>Not buying it

>Bandit threatens to kill the fighter if they don't leave

>Enough time has passed to invoke a second death saving throw

>Fail #2

>Bandit "Get out now!"

>Monk "Fuck it, I throw my knife at the bandit"

>DM:Gunna be a tough shot with the fighter blocking most of his body

>Monk: I do it

>Rolls

>Fighter prays

>Nat 1

>Knife goes straight into the fighter's chest

>He dead

>Rest of the party wipes out the remaining bandits

>Successful day

Okay?

That was (assuming it was real) an emergent roleplaying opportunity instigated by the DM and followed by the players' actions. It made dice rolls matter in a dramatic way, instead of just "you proceed further, good job". The bad guys are believable when they act as human beings, and that's exactly what happened. And the best part is that the party could've avoided the situation altogether by planning/tactics/reconnaissance. If that was the group's first game, good job. It teaches the players that:
1. Their characters can die if they act without thinking.
2. Their decisions matter and affect the in-game situations.
3. The NPCs are not video game characters and have their own motivations.

>be op
>be a faggot
>type out plebbit critical role faggotry

>Using reddit spacing while greentexting
Your post should be capped and the file named "reddit multiclasses into Veeky Forums" and posted in a filename thread.

Didn't I just tell you to stop bollocking about?

>reddit spacing
AKTHUYALLY this type of spacing was used on Veeky Forums before reddit even existed. Just open the archives and look up older threads (Jim Profit ban thread is my favorite example).

How do you even die as a lvl 1 fighter? Don't be a reckless faggot, let them take some dmg at level 1. I play polearm fighters, in 5 games, I only got to low hp once, and I took a high risk

Pack tactics and some lucky rolls. RIP my fighter.

Just report the newfag. He probably thinks images still cancel out sage.

No. What the fuck is "bollocking about" anyway? I think you've spent enough time on your wunderbahbox today. Do you even have a computer license?

>reddit spacing
Just fuck off and die.

You forgot to mention the smooth transition from combat into a roleplaying scene. As well properly communicating that a roll/situation is unusual with an "are you sure" type of warning. Generally a solid DMing effort all around.

Anyone how knows that the use of reddit spacing on Veeky Forums predates reddit is well aware of how reddit spacing is viewed here today. The only reason for a nonredittor to use it is to purposefully get people to complain about it, so he can complain about people using the term "reddit spacing".

True in some cases, sure, but I got reddit spacing accusations when I just split 2 paragraphs sometimes. Never explain something with malice when stupidity fits.

>Fighter jumps into the fray but gets cut down quickly

Sounds like my fate in almost every encounter, mostly because our DM got a hard-on for BEST CRAFTMANSHIP LONGBOWS SUPERIOR TO EVERYTHING ELSE

Stop rattling your tits over nothing, newfags.

Stop bumping a troll thread newfag.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Nice is just a buzzword when you can't actually think of any real reasons as to why the thing is good, don't use it.

Bump

How about you explain why it's actually a bad thing in the first place though?

I was joking, user.

There was a time when I had hope that the "go back to Ribbit" meme would die, but that was long ago

Hey, it happens. No need to feel bad about it. The Fighter took one for the team, and I bet your group will always remember that session.

Fitting in on an anonymous image board.

You all are the heroes nobody wants,

or deserves.