Gender & Sexuality in Veeky Forums

"Despite his appearance, he is male. And a knight!"

Does gender/sexuality in your setting adhere to rigid Abrahamic morality, the or does it reflect the more accurate, fluid representation of gender and sexuality we are accustom to outside of the Christian world?

It's more fun that way, is it not?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4hNAji3lIGE
youtube.com/watch?v=RFqsiuPxfn8
hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-last-jedi-toy-shipments-down-sharply-force-awakens-1069479
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

magical realm

I'm playing a transhuman in space, we are on a level you baseline mind can not comprehend.

Relationships between members of the same species are inevitably tainted by base, reproductive urges . . . But more than that, they are fundamentally narcissistic and incestuous. A member of one’s own species is identical in thought and body, at least in all ways that truly matter. It is only by embracing the Other that one can achieve Real Love.

Pretty much every culture in the world called them fags, even the natives.

>"Despite his appearance, he is male. And a knight!"

>Why do you assume most people aren't Christians?

that's a fruit asking to play the lead role of Mia Belluci in you know what scene that we all know and love.

Re:Zero was objectively garbage.

What's with all the /pol/ bait today, especially pertaining to faggots?

FUCK YOU AND FUCK THAT HAND GESTURE!!
This pisses me off to no fucking end. If they were a REAL Catboy, they wouldn't curl their hand in some human pantomime of a cat, they would lay their hand flat because they ARE A CAT ALREADY, even considering the retraction of claws, that would still easily be represented of curled fingers, not the whole damn fist. If you do this or know someone who does I swear I'll come over to your house, cut off your curled up hand and shove it so far up your ass you'll be able to taste your own nail polish.
FUCK. YOU.

>If they were a REAL Catboy, they wouldn't curl their hand in some human pantomime of a cat
My ex did that as a pleading gesture. Worked most of the time to be honest.

Is this pasta?

I'm a colossal pervert. No form of sexual depravity is too low for me. Animal, vegetable or mineral; I'll do anything, to anything.

FUCK YOU. You're part of the Fucking problem condoning such behavior, your ex did the right thing by cucking you with Tyrone.
No, it's a fucking Calzone, go eat your own ass.

>or does it reflect the more accurate, fluid representation of gender and sexuality we are accustom to outside of the Christian world?

>randomly accuses people of infidelity
Insecurity can be a sign of low testosterone.

It's too much of a hot topic issue, and I play to relax and have fun. In general, I try to avoid any serious takes on sex, gender, and sexuality. Not worth its disruption to the group dynamic tbqh

>rigid Abrahamic morality
There are eight different genders described in the Mishnah.

And your incessant blathering is a sign you should neck yourself.

AS THE GODS INTENDED!

>fluid representation of gender and sexuality we are accustom to outside of the Christian world?

It goes against the whole dynastic system. I don't care if you fell in love with a sheep, or wathever you are still marrying prince George.

They are considered degenerate in my world by the totally NOT Christian people

You sound really scared, user. Have you been exercising regularly? Maybe you should take a look at the food you've been eating. A lot of dietary supplements sold on Info Wars contain phytoestrogens, they could be making you more of a pussy.

I'm not a pussg, I'm an asshole.
Moreover, unlike you, at least I'm an asshole people want to fuck.

If you're not a pussy, then what's with the panic attacks?

You know what, I'm sorry, I can't keep the "angry autist" behavior up, it's too much effort to be this stupid and angry, and it's not derailing this shitty thread as well as I thought it would, which is odd because you see this sort of behavior derail threads all the time. How do those idiots manage to maintain this behavior?
My sincere apologies to everyone in the thread.

Nah I don’t do magical realm or ERP

That's not enough genders to reflect the entire spectrum.

Im noy giving out (You)s to this faggot, and you shouldnt either
>keep /pol/ in /pol/
>in reverse

Your ex-cat?

I don't allow fags in my setting, if that's what you're asking.

>Does gender/sexuality in your setting adhere to rigid Abrahamic morality
Christians didn't invent binary gender, the mentally ill invented a "gender spectrum". The Romans used the term "third gender" as a derogatory way to refer to faggots (basically men who presented themselves to other men in a womanly manner).

Thanks for suggestions...I will play very feminine guy next time I need a character

Fuck off you furry bastard, it’s cute, even if it’s a boy

It was my understanding that "third gender" is a catchall term for trannies, homos, and intersex people.

Be more subtle next time, less caps lock and furry ranting, go for the "it's a boy pretending to be a girl and is degenerate" angle. Also some of them are actually genuine in their beliefs and the things they post, the trolls out themselves eventually with a couple missteps. The key is drop the hint, fuel the fire slightly then hands off except here and there.

For the most part in my setting? Ladies can be captains and ladies can be chiefs. Gender roles are loose or nonexistent in most cases. This is particularly true of adventurers, who have access to gender-changing magic pretty early on.

Sexuality in my settings isn't a moral issue and never has been. Someone might think that gay sex is gross, but he or she does so with the same weight that someone thinks that ranch dressing is gross - there's no judgment involved. Biological imperative still means that people tend towards heterosexuality, though, although perhaps a smaller percentage than in our world - and also a corresponding smaller percentage of dedicated homosexuals, with a larger percentage of bisexuals. For the sake of argument, say 70% hetero, 20% bi, 10% homo.

>It's more fun that way, is it not?

Yes. People should be allowed to roleplay whoever and whatever they want, within reason - "reason" here being described as things that would affect game balance. The game is not unbalanced just because you want to play a ladyknight (male).

it's a shit magical realm/bait thread, don't apologise for derailing it.
I'm half tempted to dump my 56% folder until the mods take notice, to be honest

It's mostly a Western hangup, but Abrahamic religions tend to be particularly against breaking from binary gender roles.

Conversely, there is is no specific condemnation of homosexuality or transgenderism in the Hindu faith. Souls are seen as genderless. Two souls might be attracted to each other across multiple reincarnations; sometimes they might reincarnate such that both are male, but who cares?

Likewise, Vedic texts since ancient times have recognized a third gender, the hijra, which covered anyone not clearly male or female either physically or in the way they acted (so effeminate males, masculine females, intersex people, eunuchs, and so on). One of Lord Shiva's form is a merging with Parvati, where together the two are hijra since they have both male and female sexual organs.

It's /pol/ shit, mods don't care.

Let me explain something to you OP and to any SJW employees from WOTC or Paizo.

I am a 20 year old white male. My group contains a 21 year old half Mexican male, a 20 year old white male, another 20 year old white male, a third 20 year old white male, a fourth 20 year old white male and a 19 year old half Korean.

We do not give a shit about diversity. Our political stances range from moderate to far right. Gender is never an issue in games because we don't make it an issue.

Do not shove your politically correct tentacles into my hobby any more than you already have. You aren't making any new fans, all your doing is alienating old ones.

What can I say? She might not have been the perfect wife material, but for sure she was fine too.

A product that only caters to people currently using it is a game that is doomed to die. The intent should ALWAYS be to reach out into new markets.

Not at the expense of the old one.
Disney is learning that the hard way with Star Wars.

New people pick up tabletop games all the time. When I was a freshmen in high school I got into MTG, then got interested in tabletop from visiting my LGS. But your co designer for the most well known tabletop game going to Twitter and saying "We made the newest edition simpler so women and POC can play! If you don't like it your fired from buying our products!" Does not make every woman and poc rush to buy the books, it just earns a lot of fake internet points and alienate your largest market of young, mostly white men.

They just found out polygamy is not only a thing but that people on this very site in surprising numbers are practicing it and its not even excused by using it purely for sex but for loving relationships.
This triggers their autism.

From a business stand point I entirely agree, the only reason he has a semi valid point is the reoccurring pattern of companies steering too hard one way or the other trying to attract new customers that normally clap, then ignore them. There is a balance and way to do these things, but it takes time and should be done in the least antagonistic way possible. That way if your attempts fail you're not shit out of luck because you've pissed off your old base, while gaining barely enough customers to make up for it.

But.. he isn't. It's just his hair.

if i have to think about real life politics in game, were doing it wrong.

>Disney is learning that the hard way with Star Wars

They really aren't. I just a few weeks ago went through and figured out what the Box Office returns were for every live-action Star Wars movie released to theaters, adjusted for inflation. Of the 9 total released (I-VIII and Rogue One), The Last Jedi sits in the dead center at spot number 5 as of my time of posting (and that was with it still making a profit), and the only Star Wars movie that hasn't broken a billion dollars when adjusted for inflation is Episode II, and that still made the better part of $900 million.

There is no actual evidence that Star Wars is losing in any way, shape, or form.

>Not at the expense of the old one.

Having said the above, yes, at the expense of the old one, if the new market is larger.

The only job of a product is to make its owners as much money as possible. If the way to do that is to fuck the fans, then fuck 'em. Except of course that it's doubtful that you'll lose all or even most of your fans anyway. True fans tend to be diehards.

>"We made the newest edition simpler so women and POC can play! If you don't like it your fired from buying our products!"
Man this so far out of context it's kinda funny, I know the tweet you're talking about and it's aimed at people questioning their decision to hire someone with little to no experience in designing ttrpgs who happens to be a woman. Also he caught flack for that comment from those very people because it is so odd and easy to interpret it in the wrong way.

If you're going to criticize someone at least put forth some effort and do it right.

>romans

>third gender

I'll need a quote for that.

Notice how the OP gives you a false choice between Saturn worship (the Abrahamic cults) and Mossad psyops (every fighting age male should be transgendered, goy).

Getting real fucking tired of israels continued weaponization of my hobbies!

BRAVE

>the setting is packed with magic, cybernetics, biomods, etc
>mfw people give a shit about gender

Bitch half my team wasn't even human to begin with.

What pronoun the twelve foot tall six armed steel murder machine says it prefers isn't even on the fucking radar.

It's not a third gender, it's just a gender neutral option for conjugating grammatical forms. They might be right about using it to refer to effeminate men as an insult.

>What pronoun the twelve foot tall six armed steel murder machine says it prefers isn't even on the fucking radar.

...but, out of curiosity, and for the record...?

>knight
>female (male)
>twinky body

The only kind of sword play he'd probably be good at is the Athenian and the Sheath.

Last Jedi has demonstrably alienated large swathes of the audience, has had significantly less rewatches than TFA, made the brand name so toxic in China that they've had to drop Star Wars from the solo movie, shifted merchandise terribly, infuritated cinema chains due to unreasonable demands (65% take and on their main screens for 4 weeks) and has shown a staggering disparity between critics and audiences.
It made a profit, certainly, but given the fact they haven't disclosed production and marketing budgets, and the fact that they don't take 100% of the gross, it's made far less than a main line Star Wars movie should have done given the hype TFA caused. It didn't even hit the lowered expectations of 1.6b

Now I could be entirely wrong, and Disney might pull it out of the bag with Solo and IX, but so long as Kennedy is in charge I would be utterly staggered if that happened.
Remember that this is something they want to milk for years after the trilogy ends; fucking it up now will cause colossal opportunity costs down the line

Zero one system. You are a chick or a guy, if you really want to be gay you can be but we dont really do romance shit.

>They really aren't. I just a few weeks ago went through and figured out what the Box Office returns were for every live-action Star Wars movie released to theaters, adjusted for inflation. Of the 9 total released (I-VIII and Rogue One), The Last Jedi sits in the dead center at spot number 5 as of my time of posting (and that was with it still making a profit), and the only Star Wars movie that hasn't broken a billion dollars when adjusted for inflation is Episode II, and that still made the better part of $900 million.
Did you factor in production and advertising costs?
What about revenue from toys? That's also huge.
(protip: toys aren't selling for shit right now)

>There is no actual evidence that Star Wars is losing in any way, shape, or form.
Even by Disney's admission the movie massively under performed,
and it was pulled out of China, the biggest secondary market, in two weeks.

The domestic box office sales were still strong (though failed to hit predictions), but the toy sales have plummeted. Taking into account the fan reaction to The Last Jedi, the Star Wars brand isn't looking good.

And even adjusted for inflation, you can't compare the sequel trilogy to the original. The sequels had far higher budgets and were marketed toward a far larger audience.

He caught flack because he phrased it poorly. That doesn't somehow make my point irrelevant though. The co-designer himself only got to that position due to his political stances, if you don't believe me then go look up his "experience".

My point still stands, if you flood your team/game with poor mechanics/unqualified but diverse people then the original base will leave.

Don't worry though, all that clapping will keep them in business. Just look at Marvel comics, they've only relaunched ice man for the 5th time...

They didn't use it for humans.

Well no shit, so if you completely understand that it was poorly phrased and not at all want you're claiming then why try to use it to support your point? I'm trying to help you here, and me, m8 because it's pretty annoying trying to talk about these issues when people keep running their mouths shutting down any discussion because idiots turn it into a fucking meme.

Whichever you need it to be to fap to.

>Last Jedi has demonstrably alienated large swathes of the audience

It's made a lot of people verbally upset. It did this while raking in $1.321 billion on a production budget of $200 billion. Generously assuming a marketing budget equal to its production budget ($200 billion), that would still result in a profit of nearly a billion dollars - more than the entire box office return of Episode II.

Note that it made this money even without a huge Chinese box office return. This is actually a good thing - it proves that you can have a billion-dollar blockbuster movie without needing to cater to the Chinese market.

>has had significantly less rewatches than TFA

Meaningless. TFA was a monster of a movie whose box office returns in the franchise are exceeded only by A New Hope (when adjusted for inflation), and it was destined to always do that well simply by virtue of its name containing the words "Star Wars Episode VII" - essentially no marketing was required. Saying that TLJ didn't do as well as TFA isn't scathing criticism - it's like saying that Portal 2 isn't as good as Portal. If your requirement for playing a game is "must be as good as Portal", you have some serious issues.

I would be more interested in learning how it stacks up compared to Rogue One, or another franchise movie like Captain America: Civil War.

>toys aren't selling for shit right now

Gonna have to ask for proof on that.

The first half was poorly phrased nimrod. He still said "if you don't like the new direction your fired from buying our products"

>Generously assuming a marketing budget equal to its production budget ($200 billion)

Gaaah, meant to say $200 million. Mea culpa.

"Goys! I'm just trying to help! Just let me explain why your wrong and why you should make every character a black gay woman and have every adventure be about killing drumpf!"

Off yourself

By the way, just to add on to this, TLJ is the highest-grossing film of 2017, the 6th-highest-grossing film in North America and the 9th-highest-grossing film of all time, as well as the second-highest-grossing film of the Star Wars franchise (not adjusted for inflation).

If it failed to meet expectations, then those expectations were too high - but it's not remotely a failure by any sane measurement, and at most at Disney right now all they're doing is saying to themselves, "okay, I guess expecting another two billion dollars WAS a bit of a reach even for us. I GUESS we'll just have to be happy with 1.3 billion. Good thing that unlike every other movie studio we aren't annually setting ourselves on fire."

Is boipussy even that good? Asking for a friend.

>Gonna have to ask for proof on that.
youtube.com/watch?v=4hNAji3lIGE
youtube.com/watch?v=RFqsiuPxfn8

Based

Not really. I’ve been with tranny hookers from my stint in the military. They feel like men. No layer of fat that make women feel soft. Also males and females smell different. It’s hard to articulate it, but you KNOW you’re fucking a guy

Holy shit, dude, do you really expect me to sit through forty-five minutes worth of videos on YouTube? Made by some random guy who is associated with neither Disney nor any toy stores? Post a quarterly report or something if you want me to take what you're saying seriously.

>if I use the word 'objectively' then that magically turns my opinion into a fact xD

No he told those people specifically they were fired, why do you keep trying to say something that wasn't there at all? Is it just that since you interpreted it that way that means it's fact?

Can't generalize like that, it really depends who is it attached to.

>quarterly report.
The merch rots on shelves. Disney sells in bulk to retailers.

Any woman I know would read this and go "OH SO GIRLS CAN'T PLAY COMPLEX GAMES HUH?"

I can just imagine the panty wads.

Prove it with some actual God-damn numbers.

just label the whole thing autism, that'll respect the spectrum

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-last-jedi-toy-shipments-down-sharply-force-awakens-1069479
>Panjiva, a data company that tracks the giant shipping containers that arrive at U.S. ports, says 6,587 of them with Star Wars gear were shipped in the seven months leading up to The Last Jedi, but that’s down 47percent from the seven months leading to Rogue One in 2016 and off 56 percent from the same time period ahead of The Force Awakens in 2015.

Yes and he did get negative feedback because it is a poorly worded statement. The issue is people keep trying to completely remove context to support a false narrative and it's annoying. Mostly because Mearls is shit for several reasons, but trying to make this a part of if it is the stupidest idea I've come across in the past month.

I... actually don't know where my setting falls. What do you think?

* Xenophilia is considered perfectly normal and acceptable.

* Hutaakans are fleshcrafting warlocks who worship a god that is basically Chaotic Neutral Slaanesh, so anything goes in terms of sex & gender.

* Gnolls were engineered from spotted hyenas, so the females are still bigger, stronger, more aggressive and mroe sexually forward than the males.

* Gorgon males look so much like their womenfolk that they are easily confused for them by an untrained eye.

* The Sun Elves are an all-female race who reproduce by alchemically impregnating themselves with litters of clones.

* Bunnyfolk tend to consider female clerics of their divine patriarch to be trans by default (they're not, actually, but bunnyfolk are kind of sexist).

* Gnomes are generally more concerned with the mind of a lover than their species or what's between their legs, and as Mad Science is their thing, well, gender isn't that important to procreation.

* Moon Elves tend to vary a lot; some Houses strictly mandate heterosexual relationships due to their being a dying race, others encourage homosexual ones to spare themselves the pain of thousands of stillbirths.

* Hobgoblins are pretty firmly heteronormative, since they've got a "breed more strong soldiers to conquer the world with" religious-backed mentality going on.

And those are the ones I can think up off the top of my head.

so he's basically calling women idiots who cannot get into tabletop unless we make it more simple for them ?
And he is somehow convinced that he is on their side ?
If that's not sexism, I don't know what is

Go away

Thank you. God knows why that took you 20 minutes. However if you'd care to read the article, you'd see that it points out that part of that is due to the bankruptcy filed by Toys "R" Us, which has spooked the entire industry, as well as toy sellers not being sure what the "natural" rate of toy sales are for Star Wars toys since TFA was a curiosity after a 10 year hiatus between Star Wars movies.

That is, your article points to issues from retailers, not from Disney or reception to TLJ. Funny what you learn if you actually read an article past its first paragraph.

kill yourself my dude

Strangely enough, many SJW are very sexist and racist.

>Thinking /pol/ isn't a psyops operation by the CIA to create a fanatic right so lawmakers have a reason to remove more liberties
You /pol/ babies are like lambs to the slaughter.

It takes them a while to get to it since Veeky Forums's horribly understaffed, but if enough people report it than the mods will take notice and they will delete it, although it will take a while

I'm certainly willing to give up your right to bear arms if it will stop the constant pol-shitposting.

Yes, that's a PART of the problem. But Star Wars merchandise also fell relative to other toy franchises. Just do a fucking news search for "star wars toys" and you'll see a million headlines about the Star Wars franchise in particular going down.

Also I'm not the other guy.