>mega.nz/#!C5BSgTDK!Sx74f87D86frlU0NZ1XKyGP0WEgar52X1Hatj1OA5y0

Army and Skirmish Warband builder
>warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/
City generator
>repl.it/Lfm3/2
Art Database
>ageofsigmart.booru.org/index.php

First for me!

What are you working on /asog/, as I said in the last thread, I am working on my Poxbringer Toadflux Bugblight and his little friend/pet Skirax

For you.

How much of a terrible idea is it to run an Aetherkhemist with an endless repeater and then buff it with another Aetherkhemist?

First for the Kroak!!

For whom?

When's momrathi coming out so I can paint her like an arabian chocolate elf?

>Wanting poopoo elves.

SNAKE
CLOACA

Reminder that she did absolutely nothing wrong.

so guys, what units would you like to see in a classical von carstein - as known as cliche - vampire army

i thought about vampires ofc, ghosts, bat swarms (i don't like vampire bats) and blood knights, maybe a black coach?

but what do i use for battlelines?
skellis or better moon moons?

anyone got any idea how that bronze was done on the base and support?

Good post
Reminder that Malekith was the true protagonist of the old world

Chaos War Mammoths look dope as shit. Pity they don't sell them anymore.

oh god I wish that was me

Skeletons are a solid option, and are the classic choice.

Would a gor themed army work best as brayherds, GA chaos, or Tzeentch?
Id want some tzaangor/skyfires in the army so it can actually do some mortal wounds

I know damn well I can just convert them, but why the hell are Blood Knights so goddamn expensive?

Hope there's an option for her ultraslut look in the new kit.

Because they're the only Battleline option for Soulblight. :^)

As a Brayherds player, my 2 cents is anything other than brayherds.

They are ugly, reshit or failcast models so with no reason actually

Almost certainly not, given GW's posts about the fact that they're removing bikini armor and titplate from the game to boost diversity and support the representation of the female form.

They really are a crime

Go Tzeentch but ditch the shitty beastmen. Tzeentch does nothing for them and they don't do anything period.

I think Tzaangors are okay, right? Other than that I was under the assumption that regular Gors and the other Brayherd units were shit, sadly.

Dispossessed question, Thunderers vs Quarrellers? I've been doing large block of Quarrellers since they're decent in melee and the double shots, but I have more to assemble now and I'm debating which to make. I always have multiple Runelords, so does the -1 Rend make that much difference compared to the shorter range?

After the great culling of all your actually good heroes this year, beastmen are just a sidegrade to kunning rukk armies but not even as good. Hope you like ungor raider alpha strike or spamming bestigors.

There's some funny things you can do with the ambush rule, especially with the set up FAQ, but you're probably not gonna be taking top 40 in any tournaments any time soon.

Check out the Wolves of Ghur as inspiration and actually just go Blades of Khorne but using heavy use of proxies. The Wolves dude made a really badass kitbashed armor of more or less AoS Wulfen as far as Chaos barbarians and lots of doggos. You could probably use the same idea pretty effectively for Gor, just using count-as models.

Tzeentch would work well for you if you just skip the Beastmen part.

Look at the warscrolls (and synergy options) of Skeletons or Dwarf Warriors, then look at Gors, and try to tell me with a straight face that all of these units are equally worth 80 points per 10.

I love Brayherds aesthetically and fluffwise but I have yet to have them be anything but utter dogshit on the table.

Personsally I take Quarrellers for the extra range with a Runelord.
Mostly I use them for fluff reasons since I like the idea of dorf ranger scouts.

Fuck you, thanks to you faggots not buying Tzaangors GW ruined the new Thousand Sons codex by giving them birds and making them OP and undercosted in points.

>probably not gonna be taking top 40 in any tournaments any time soon.
>playing tournaments in a random dice game

>giving a fuck about 40gay

Top 10 at a GT
Take it for what you will
Dan Saye – Dispossessed
Leaders
Warden King (120)
– General
– Trait: Grudgebearer
Runelord (80)
– Artefact: Ancestral Pickaxe
Runelord (80)
Celestant-Prime (340)
– Allies

Battleline
10 x Warriors (80)
– Double-handed Duardin Axes & Shields
10 x Warriors (80)
– Double-handed Duardin Axes & Shields
10 x Longbeards (120)
– Great Axes & Shields

Units
20 x Quarrellers (240)
20 x Irondrakes (400)
30 x Ironbreakers (400)
1 x Gryph-Hound (40)
– Allies

Total: 1980 / 2000
Allies: 380 / 400

>not familiar with the normal distribution curve

>tfw when actually even stealthnerfed the Beastlord when no-one was watching

>Australian tournament

If you are not a waacfag there is no reason to play tzaang spam. I have only 10 of them on my 1000pts list just because I like their sculpts

Eh there was a fair few decent lists/players at Cancon by the looks of it. Better than the weird clusterfuck of lists that placed highly at LVO or UKGT.

What happened now? I'm looking at it but I can't tell what's different if anything; it's been a long time since I bothered trying to play my beastmen.

user, I have bad news for you and how your hobby has worked for the last 30ish years, despite GW's fully aware ignorance to try and disbelieve how people actually play it.

Even if you are not competitive player in any sense of the word, are you a masochist who enjoys losing? Or rather, are you just literally so new to the hobby as to never have seen a competitive tourney based around tossing dice around?

Just curious about dabbling in StD. In a 1k points battle, is it viable to use a Chaos Lord on foot or do I need to go all gargantuan monster hero? I'd like my hero to be able to command at the rear (for obvious reasons to protect from projectiles) but also to be capable of engaging in melee when needed to support my frontline Chaos Warriors.

Is this viable?

Also are Std in general viable and fun without going WAC OP lists?

Tell me user, why aren't YOU running Grave Guard?

Hes just too scared to turn up so calls it stupid
Many such cases

Because I don't play npc factions.

Too bad that GW has no good substitute. Before anyone says anything, the Dragon Blades and Chaos Knights are also pretty shitty substitutes.

All my games are 2v2s in our group. Its more fun and we play to objectives so super killy units aren't as important as movement or numbers in some situations

Can't figure out where to put the kilts since they're already fully armoured/clothed

For half the points of a 30 man squad I get 10 more wounds and twice the effective attacks thanks to 2" range. The math is against Grave Guard, despite my wish to actually run them.

They also evaporate rather easily, despite their "improved" save of 5+.

So it still requires killing an enemy model in the previous turn, but they nerfed the area down from all of your beastmen within 32" down to just 16". So used to the difference between it and Gorthor -- now squatted -- was that Gorthor's only hit in 16" but didn't require you to actually kill something, while the Beastlord had a much bigger range but hard to specifically slay an enemy model in the turn before. Which for an ability that 2/3 of the bonus is your ability to run and charge, makes it a little meh.

Because I'm running LoS with 80 skellies as my battleline and cannot fit anything else in my 1k list.
If The grand host of Nagash had the Dark Acolyte trait I would definitely be running them.

I just don't feel like it and I don't care for all the bat wings helmets.

StD Allegiance lists are decidedly middle of the pack, even tweaking them to maximum efficiency will only get them to better than average.
StD heavy Tzeentch/Nurgle and to a lesser extent Khorne/Slaanesh can be bumped up to a pretty decent standard but still not what would be considered OP.

Using the buzzword fun should be forbidden. It's the most weasel worded workaround to an argument ever.

I don't even know why I play games anymore. They just make me angry at little plastic men and the larger, more corporeal man-children behind them.

>tfw 32 model Legion of blood list

Well that is fine. Being middle is grand for me, just so long as they aren't stuck in the rut the poor Beastmen are.

I really think they should reword to either get rid of the "must kill a model" restriction entirely, or else make it so the it gives the run+charge all the time, and the +1 to hit if he killed someone. Bc yeah if he's killing people it's bc my entire army is literally already engaged; I don't need to run or charge anymore at that point.

Plus most of their ridiculous movement being IMO largely unneccesary if you're doing the ambush tactics which puts you close enough to most enemies you don't really need to be move+run+charge ridiculous distances across the board anyway...to be honest Brayherds are just a mess.

You will, however, basically get railroaded into playing cavalry to be relevant.

>nerf the range of a shit-tier factions only real choice of General by half
lul

Can hybrid work? Was thinking Marauders, Warriors, Chaos Lord and Knights. I'd rather not go solely cavalry. I ain't looking to play mega tourney competitive, just a PUG type playstyle and casually.

Yeah if you're going pure StD Allegiance then Cavalry/Chariot heavy is pretty much the way to go.
If you're willing to branch out into god specific armies then Nurgle can make them a real pain to shift and Tzeentch can let them hit harder/better magic.

Are chariots any good? How do you use them/run them?

That ain't me man, this is me.

Big Morathi tits right in my face

Normal Chariots are pretty trash, but Gorebeast Chariots aren't too shabby. I kind of "cheat" and use them in a Tzeentch allegiance army so I can guarantee Explosive Brutality goes off.

That's not your face, though. That's your hair.

That is what I was thinking of doing as well. It's cool to hear that there are Tzeentch players using them. I would very much be interested to hear what your list is like.

I'm torn between starting a Tzeentch army and a death one, but I am a bit scared of turning the Tzeentch one into something unviable. I was planning on going quite acolyte heavy, which is scaring me as I'm seeing that they clearly are the weakest arcanite unit.

Post your list user

Do you expect me to google for half an hour to find a 100% accurate picture?

Sauce?

Using the Fatesworn Warband battalion is how I do my Tzeentch Mortals and it's pretty much the best way to run them.
Yeah Acolytes aren't great. They're basically Marauders with a mediocre shooting attack that isn't worth the +40 points. I suppose with Fatesworn and huddled around a Warshrine they're OK but yes basically any other Tzeentch mortal unit is going to be a better bet.

I'm using my Gors As counts As kairic acolythes, but you can't even ally tzeentch with beastmen and vice versa

>can’t ally beastmen and tzaangors

Allies were supposed to fix the game and only made it worse. I just want mini factions merged back together again

mite b cool

I did make a list with exactly that(fatesworn warband + shrine and chariots), but I ended up not going for it. I recon that since their shooting is the only thing they got going for them over marauders I would try going witchfyre instead.
I do like the Tzaangors, but the acolytes are what made me want to play AoS in the first place. Besides the Tzaangor lists with the skyfires seem like they are frowned upon, so I want to avoid them.
I wanted to make a list with the acolytes in the spotlight by giving the topless dudes on the chariots and shrine masks.

Anyway still interested in your list if you are willing to share.

Soon

Some make sense to merge together, some don't. A combined Skaven tome, for instance, makes perfect sense.

I did make a list with exactly that(fatesworn warband + shrine and chariots), but I ended up not going for it. I recon that since their shooting is the only thing they got going for them over marauders I would try going witchfyre instead.
I do like the Tzaangors, but the acolytes are what made me want to play AoS in the first place. Besides the Tzaangor lists with the skyfires seem like they are frowned upon, so I want to avoid them.
I wanted to make a list with the acolytes in the spotlight by giving masks to the topless dudes on the chariots and shrine.

Anyway still interested in your list if you are willing to share.

Why were they separated in the first place? It makes no sense for them to split up perfectly fine factions into 3-4 factions of 2 units each. Sure you can take generic Grand Alliance soup, but there's the possibility of losing out on other benefits.

I personally would like to have bray- and warherds back together and possibly mixed with all the Monsters and call it 'Beasts of Chaos' like back in the day

Yerp. That's another one. I will fight against all of Death aside from FEC being shoved into a single soup pot, but Chaos has plenty of battletomes just waiting to be made by doing something similiar, Order as well. And when you look at shit like the Brayherd allegiance, it's so fucking schizo that it barely makes sense. You get a Herdstone that's actually in a Warherd kit which makes you really good at holding your ground around a piece of special terrain while you also get an ability that shoves you deep into the enemy's side of the board.
>Battletome: Beasts of Chaos
Warherd, Brayherd, Monsters of Chaos
>Battletome: Skaven
All four Clans, plus Masterclan
>Battletome: Free Cities
Freeguild, Ironweld, Collegiate Arcane, Devoted of Sigmar, Dispossessed. Maybe some Aelves as well, though I'd probably hold off on Aelves to give them two battletomes of their own since they've got the models to back it up.

Devoted of Sigmar are kinda hilariously pathetic at this point. They work decently well at 1000 points, but they are absolutely worthless allies since all of the prayers were changed to only work on [Devoted of Sigmar] targets instead of [Order] ones.

If it's the models you like then Acolytes make for great Tzeentch Marauder proxies, especially as the actual Marauder models are pretty derpy.
My go to list is currently in flux between maxing out the Warriors unit and Chariots/Chosen, but attached is what I'm currently thinking.

Just came to my mind: when were beastmen ever viable in competitive play? I remember the end times and Overall last Edition of Warhammer Fantasy when they were really shit and you had to Spam chariots like mad

Likewise, Destruction needs souping.

>Battletome: Waaagh!
Ironjawz, Greenskinz, Gitmob Grots
>Battletome: Savages
Bonesplitterz, Spiderfang Grots
>Battletome: Ogors
Beastclaw Raiders, Gutbusters, Firebellies, Aleguzzler Gargants, Maneaters
>Battletome: Moonclan
Moonclan Grots, Troggoths

Not really? They were fun, but they weren't particularly competitive. Floated between B and C tier.

Exactly.

Believed the woman in witch until her ass got withered!

>>Battletome: Waaagh!
>Ironjawz, Greenskinz, Gitmob Grots
Why would you merge a perfectly fleshed out faction with such a shit as generic muh ape-butt orcs?

Also, to Brayherd players, just see if you can use the old rules for the old heroes. While they might be gone, they are not forgotten and allow you to actually have fun playing your army. Toss on the Brayherd Allegiance, and you actually have a pretty decent army. Nothing spectacular, but it can't be worse than the hell you're rotting in now.

>why would you put Black Orks and Orks together?

Point values.

They were the often called thehardest army to play in the game. They did get a huge buff in the end times with allowing them marks, but they were mostly misused by adding minotaur characters to troll units among other things.

Thanks user, at least I'm not afraid anymore that we get squatted anytime soon

>toss on the brayherd allegiance
Not with Beastmen heroes you won't.

>why would you put Black Orks and Orks together?
Because they are doing well on their own. They have fluff, themed model range and a lore reason to be separated from generic orcs