/swg/ Unite With Dole Edition

Post about FFG, X-Wing, Armada, Legion, WEG D6, Saga/d20, Lego, and anything else Star Wars related!

Mistakes of the past: Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB (embed)
Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (Edge of the Empire/Age of Rebellion/Force and Destiny)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6 (embed)
Other FFG Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Destiny and the LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN (embed)
FFG Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the FFG RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ (embed)
Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin (embed)

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.nz/#F!kJtCTR7Q!HNUwVc1B8KB2FrD4Twmb7g
The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png (embed)
Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/Un1UhzZ4 (embed)

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing
Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG (embed)
Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

Armada wave VII release article:
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/2/1/launch-the-fleet/

Legion organized play:
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/2/7/the-battles-to-come/

Why does everybody smuggle spices and guns when the outer rim as depicted on screen, is so deficient in fruits and vegetables?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rrae8w5anwI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Reminder that Luke Skywalker was disgraced only to make room for Womyn Stronk

The last thread was on page 6 you nigger.

we're literally starting the thread with /pol/posting, eh?

Best pilot in the galaxy swooping in to say hi.

Reminder that the last thread was disgraced to make room for SJWs Are Ruining Everything.

First post applesponge post

Rewrite of nutrilogy. Y / N?

also, ideas. Share them.

>Poe dies in first movie, and happens to be the brother of Rose, just so there's some kind of foundation for her and fin to build upon
>star forge for second movie? Explain IR's resources?
>Hux is the Grand Admiral of the Imperial Remnant, Phasma is the Grand General. Both are rivals to another. At the end of the trilogy, their rivalry dooms the IR.
>Rey and Luke explore the galaxy learning of the force and the Sith and Jedi. They go to Tython or whereever the Jedi were invented, and to Korriban

Also, Han goes into battle at the climax of the film with his Millenium Falcon(Admiral Solo stands up and says "XO, you have the Bridge. Get the Hangar Master to prepare my ship. C'mon Chewie.") to fight through the Imperial Remnant, confront Kylo and die(so that if this were reality, Mr Ford can finally get his character killed off)

>disappointment with the pointless breaking down of your childhood hero makes you /pol/
I'm one of the last people to see "agendas" but there is one ingrained in the story group.

unless you're stupid enough to believe no work created with a political agenda in mind can be good (and if you're that dumb you should probably just never talk about any work of fiction ever again), then the existence of an agenda is completely unrelated to the quality of the story

But TLJ had a low quality story

Less politics, more waifus.

Anyone have any experience with the MC75 in Armada? What are its strengths and weaknesses? What style of lists is it good for?
Poorfag so I need to budget for ships, so Im asking for a friend

Yes, because the director is a hopeless moron and woefully incompetent, not because of agenda-driven writing/rewrites

Remember these hunks and hotties every time a “hero” shoots down a TIE Fighter.

Agendas can be good. But they can also impact the quality of a work. That much is painfully evident in the sequel trilogy.

Because they narrowed their writing down to doctrine-approved styles. It’s hard to write a good story when you’re walking on eggshells while writing it.

It truly is a shame that such nice looking people joined the wrong side and didnt jump ship first chance they got.

What the fuck are you doing?

Is this why the Rebellion is full of uggos? They’re jealous of the Empire’s gains?

Speaking of waifus, is Zay in any other media besides Battlefront 2?

They both lived tho.

Can't all be Howlrunners.

Are there FFG stats for any of the super star destroyers anywhere?

I kinda want to design some ships that fight not unlike early-modern galleys in the Mediterranean: think Lepanto. What would they look like SW-ized?

nothing canon that I know of, but I have a few homebrew ones lying around, if you want them

Got one game in with it. Its a solid brawler with a good movement profile. Its defense tokens are lackluster though.

>Childhood heros dragged through the mud and killed off to support agenda
>"Hurr agendas have nothing to do with quality"

Is that for an agenda, or is that because Rian is fucking retarded and doesn't understand the character of Luke Skywalker and wanted to "Subvert your expectations"?
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Han straight up died because Ford wanted out, so that doesn't count, Leia is gonna die because they have to for RL reasons, so that doesn't count either, and luke got killed because captain first draft wanted to subvert our expectations of his basic competence, so I'm not sure where you are getting that from.

actually I do, and you need to go back

this is going to be a bad thread

That's what happens when you make the thread too soon.

TENTPOLE TENTPOLE TENTPOLE

Random worlduilding ideas:

>Cold war in the galaxy between the Empire and New Republic. NR is relatively small but energetic, Empire is still huge but hanging by a thread.
>First Order is a paramilitary org within the Empire that suddenly acquires huge resources thanks to an ancient superweapon. There is friction between the FO, who want the NR destroyed NOW, and mainstream Imperial officials who know they can't afford another war.
>The Resistance is made up of people still under the Empire's rule unofficially funded by the Republic. Their central base is a giant star carrier/battlecruiser "stolen" from the Republic. It is constantly on the move through Imperial space and has a tendency to act as the cavalry whenever Resistance agents are pinned down.
>Coruscant is space Berlin, a neutral planet whose one half is controlled by NR and other by the Empire. It's a spy paradise.
>FO's Supremacy is literally Palpatine's SSD with giant wings bolted on.
>The main villain of the story is actually the FO superweapon, which is imbued with enough Sith sorcery and dark side energy to develop rudimentary consciousness and slowly corrupts the FO forces stationed on it.

This is what happens when we don't enact the backup thread plan.

When Legion comes around, how do you plan to paint your troops? Do you plan on your scheme having any background to it?

I'm currently looking at Clone trooper designs to get an idea for something that would look interesting on Stormtroopers. I'm thinking some emerald green or deep blue markings, maybe akin to pic related. Does painting Stormtroopers like this actually work in universe?

Why dont we have more clone trooper stuff?
Those episode 3 armor designs were pure sex.

>All white male characters are either made into bitches and killed off or retarded evil villains
I don't see any agenda here, nope

assuming you're having it as an adversary; old cthulu style

Roll three challenge dice, for every failure, a friendly ship is disabled, for every despair a friendly ship is destroyed. Once every friendly ship is disabled, failures destroy disabled ships

ARC170s are more than viable, they (along with E-Wings and K-Wings) have essentially replaced the original Rebel lineup (B-Wings, Y-Wings, A-Wings, X-Wings) in quite a few peoples lists.

It's for an agenda, but not necessarily any identity politics based one. It's even worse: a purely cynical financial agenda. They want new characters to merchandise but also lack the faith to push the movie solely on them and so include nostalgia-bait only to kill it off to "pass the torch."
Or you could read too much into it that the only good white man is a dead white man.

I've been considering doing stormtroopers in chocolate chip desert camo

Sounds cool.

I want to know if Abrams is going to make a worse movie than Rian. We all know the “Remake King” is famously terrible at writing movies, much less finales, so I’m oddly excited to see what IX is going to be like.

I mean, we’re talking about the guy that created a new universe for Star Trek and promptly made the sequel a shitty redux of Wrath of Khan, so I’m betting IX is going to be Return of the Jedi because it’s poetry.

TEMPO TEMPO TEMPO
If they come out with sandtroopers, I'm gonna paint a squad of them in M81 woodland

>ARC170
>66 dubs
Holy shit

There's only one acceptable answer, now quit goufin around.

How can he rip of RotJ when they already stole most of it for TLJ? There's, what, not!Endor left and an assault on ANOTHER superweapon? TLJ already took the Throne Room from RotJ and really what else iconic is there about that movie? Jabba's Palace? Nobody's been captured, I'm not sure they could fluff the circumstances to make that happen in one movie.

Why can’t it be both? The movies are clearly being marketed towards a “new demographic,” aka women and minorities, and they don’t care enough about innovation to make anything that isn’t drowning in references or nostalgia, so Disney is going for something that can appeal to that creepy religious obsession America has for Star Wars by finding new converts.

Damm right they are
The rear firing arc plus the tail Gunner upgrade card it comes with are pretty good imo

The two ways I would run it are either:

Giant torpedo ram with a proxied Sato on board

OR

A space metaphor of the Adm. Kuznetsov, so a carrier that has teeth at a bit of expense at doing carrier stuff.

I see it has a pair of contains; Ive never played with or against them, I take it they are not great tokens?

Oh god, the WORST kind of agenda, on aimed solely at focus groups and design by committee!

Exactly. Disney Wars is 100% creatively bankrupt.

Abrams steals the theme of a movie more than the visuals, again Into Darkness is a prime example of this with the plot being nothing like WoK (significantly shittier) but the self-sacrifice, angry superhuman and Cold War Mentality all being copy-pasted. He fucking copied the radiation scene, for god’s sake.

IX is going to be about the Rebellion (I refuse to call it the Resistance when it’s clearly the Rebellion) launching a final assault on some shitty superweapon the First Order has while Rey reveals the goodness in Ben “Patricide that mofo” Solo.

But in typical Abrams fashion the movie will end with some shitty asspulls that don’t make sense and leave us with five plot threads that remain open because Abrams is autistic about the “Mystery Box.”

Wait, when did E wings become viable in X wing?

Creative bankruptcy is a hallmark of decadence, which Disney has become since it stepped onto the Megacorp stage of its existence. The worst part is how people eat it up because it’s the Millennium Falcon and X-Wings and bwoom bwooms with your lightsaber. It’s religion for an areligious society and it’s disgusting.

Core set and two ARC170 sounds like a good plan then.

Only thing that's wrong with this is the bit about coruscant you can't split a planet like that in half politically.

If the movie ends with Rey turning to the dark side I'll be happy.
In that Throne Room scene Rey's the one screaming and lashing out at people and being all angry and shit, Kylo's the one who's all cool and in-control of his emotions. Rey seems to fight like a dark sider, while Ben still fights like a Lightsider, and if they follow up on that I'm going to be legitimately interested to see where they take it. Disappointed, inevitably, but interested.

But then, Rey should have been the villain from the start. She's Luke's star pupil, turns on him because she came from nothing and wants to end the "dynasty of the force", Ben gets hidden away on Jakku to hide him from Rey because hey, hiding someone on the desert planet worked for Luke.
It makes Rey's motivations fully understandable and even semi-noble, the idea of her being the one to say "the force belongs to everyone", but taking it way too far by trying to "kill the past". And a misguided villain who starts with a noble goal but becomes a villain along the way is the best kind of villain, imo.
Also I just want a good female villain. I can only squeeze so much enjoyment out of Lumiya and Daala, there's plenty of female role models as good guys, give me the really cool female villain I wanted to be as a kid while all the boys got to be Darth Vader.

>The worst part is how people eat it up because it’s the Millennium Falcon and X-Wings and bwoom bwooms with your lightsaber. It’s religion for an areligious society and it’s disgusting.
You can say that again.

Who's this shitbird anyway.

An ARC usually ends up being 41 if it's the center of your list. (Running a tanky Norra with Regen and offensive abilities) to 29 on the as-cheap-as-possible end as a supportive control ship.

Y-wings hang out from 20 to 40 points, typically at ~25.

5 ship squads are pretty uncommon- that's an average of 20 points per ship. Rebels don't really do that without Z-95's.

Seeing as you want to try a list centered on the ARC, Norra with Push The Limit, R2-D2, C-3p0, Vector Thrusters and Alliance Overhaul is 41.

You could add another control ARC and a Y-wing here, or 2 Y-wings. Triple ARC might be doable, not sure if it fits.

Where do you want to go from here?

If you take a second arc, do you want a ship that supports Norra to make her better, or ine that messes with your opponent?

If you take a Y-wing, what do you want it to do? Bomb, Torpedo, Turret, dogfight?

It's fucking Star Wars, why not?
A planet with a giant wall or equivalent across it seems like exactly something Lucas would come up with.

>>The main villain of the story is actually the FO superweapon, which is imbued with enough Sith sorcery and dark side energy to develop rudimentary consciousness and slowly corrupts the FO forces stationed on it.

youtube.com/watch?v=rrae8w5anwI

I'd watch it

Rey couldn't be a villain because Disney is, as has been said in this thread, been reduced to a committee-driven Megacorp that wants nothing more than to pad their coffers with money from new converts and old believers. Having a female villain and *yet another* white male lead wouldn't fit their attempts to appeal towards new markets and shatter the (at the time) popular belief Star Wars is a setting for "white guys," yet at the same time they're too cautious to explore a new plot or region of the galaxy that does not include the Rebellion symbol or Millennium Falcon or Skywalkers.

Rey's dark side habits are totally there and I would be amazed if Abrams does not address them in IX, but I'm just too damn cynical to expect him to treat it as anything more than a "moment of weakness" for Rey before she fights through the temptation and either defeats the big bad, or redeems Kylo Ren - that said, it would be really fucking neat... Oh, good lord.

I know what Abrams is going to do. He's going to do the throne scene, only reversed. Rey is going to briefly fall to the dark side and Kylo rises to the Light, and he'll have to redeem the funk out of her.

The E-wing has always been a strange ship. Corran Horn has always been good, and every other E-wing pilot is spicy garbage.

Corran Horn with Engine Upgrade, Push The Limit, R2-D2, and either Fire Control System (in a high-agility meta) or Advanced Sensors (Low Agility meta)

Just linking

>NO MORE SITH
>NO MORE JEDI(but not really)
>but we keeping empire vs rebels

If I knew how to paint properly, I'd try my hand at painting some Rebel troopers in M81 woodland or desert chocolate chip.

Oh, Corran; yeah he is fine, thought you meant the REST of the pilots on it became viable.

How do you even fix that ship?

I'd rather have the Sith vs Jedi, even if it gets old.

Urgh, I know. But you can let an user dream, can't you?

Also screencap that, if your prediction comes true you get bragging rights. I've got my own predictive screencap, just in case.

It can be a carrier, a close range brawler, or a long range broadsider; or a diluted mix of the above.

It's got a very good movement profile and lots of upgrade slots that make it good for many roles, but potentially expensive. Its defense tokens are weak (brace/redirect/contain/contain) jeopardizing all those points, and you need to be double-arcing and at mixed ranges in order to hit its damage potential.

It's good enough at a wide enough range of roles that it's definitely going to be a worthwhile pickup if you think it's a cool ship, but the Home One is the more straightforward option if you're just looking for any carrier or broadsider.

Same here. I feel you can plop good space knights vs evil wizards into any other conflict, but imps vs Rebs is more limiting.

>best pilot
>no A-Wing silhouettes

Softly retcon Luke's death by having him exist between this world and the afterlife, not as a Force Ghost, but a somewhat material being, unable to move on in either way because some Force shenanigans Rey has to solve.

Honestly? All it would take for me to be happy is for the trilogy to end in some time travel retcon shenanigans. Even if it makes Rey some super duper hero who fixes everything, I just want the OT heroes to have a happy ending

>The corrupting influence of the FO super-weapon intensifies Hux and Phasma's rivalry, causing them to begin actively sabotaging each other's operations and eventually start a civil war between the Navy and the Army.

Because they're such hangar queens that we never get a chance to shoot them down!
>Laughing TIE pilots.holo

But user we're not talking about TIE Defenders.

No, the worst part is how people eat it up despite the directors and writers admitting to doing a rush job, having no plans and using first drafts.

Definitely looking for versatility due to being in school; if I understand correctly then it seems to be the middle ground between the LMC-80 and HMC-80?

Buildwise Im thinking Get in and shit loads of torpedoes into something big or wipe out 1 or 2 small things.

Does contain turn crits into normal hits? Im unfamiliar with them

>Best pilot in the galaxy
>Gets shot down by some old guy in an even older fighter

even older fighter that's missing an engine*

I mean it is a Y-fu

The Y-wing will get shit done in a pinch.

Contain turns normal crit effect (first damage is faceup) off, but don't affect upgrade crit effects.

The weakness is with just one brace and just one redirect, your tokens will get overwhelmed or accuracied really easily.

I would prefer to keep the 'extremists and fanatics' aspect First Order as a separate faction from the Imperial Remnant, so there can be 3 way space battles. And sometimes there are team ups and side-switching mid battle.

it's worse than that

he literally decided to just *turn in a different direction than he'd been turning throughout the dogfight*

and it threw Fel off enough to get tagged by the ion turret.

Ah, okay. So its defense tokens push it into the 'bully isolated ship' territory; does NOT like attention but is tough enough to take a turn of decent fire then back off to lick wounds.

So this ship needs some other distractions in a fleet to keep it healthy?
I want to trend towards squadrons/torpedo boats, is there anything you would recommend Armadabro?

MC75, MC30, a flotilla or two, and squadron boxes to taste is a pretty standard sounding list

What sorts of spooky or interesting things might players find on a moon used as an ancient civilization's dumping ground for plague victims? Loot, set dressing, NPCs, etc. The more the merrier, and the more apocalyptic-sounding the merrier.

For the next session of the AoR game I'm running, the PCs' fighter squadron is going to ambush a corporate convoy hauling rhydonium to an Imperial supply station. What should this convoy look like? What kind of cargo ships/tankers should it be using, and how big should the escort be?

The company that owns the convoy is a thinly-veiled expy of Nanotrasen, btw.

Never heard of them

Look at that trailer for GTFO for some inspiration?
Something dark, perverse. It waits calmly for salvage teams to show up, then pounces and drags them back into the lowest level in the mine/facility. Bonus points for tendrils dragging NPC's down vents and shit stealthily or in balls out terror mode.

Sounds pretty tasty Armadabro; I have the starter set and the rebel squad 1 pack for reference

TIEfu

>time travel
This is one of the few things that would make watch another ST movie, if only out of morbid curiosity as to what Genisys-tier abomination they could continue to degrade Star Wars into complete with CGI'd remakes of OT scenes.

>wrong side

Order or Chaos isn't such an easy choice in a galaxy with genocidal aliens

Rey uses the force to reach back through time to stop Ben from falling, even though she knows it means that she'll never be anything more than a scavenger on a desert junk planet - but it's the right thing to do to save the galaxy.

Hell I might actually even be okay with that.

LGS is selling out the first wave Destiny starter decks for 50%. Is it worth to pick each of them as a casual 2-player game? I don't think there is any destiny community around but actually never asked about it desu

Are they selling Star Wars LCG at a discount? If so I'm gonna buy all of it.

>second sequel trilogy rolls around
>it turns out Ben's fall and the rise of the First Order was inevitable, Rey only delayed it
>it's just an even more hollow remake of TFA with time travel twists and a fully CGI Luke