EDH/Commander General

Big Smashy Shit edition

Previously: >Latest News:
mtgcommander.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18749

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their decks strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commanders color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info

>Thread Question
Which of your decks has the largest creatures, if any?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/lazy-ass-procreation/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/valroz-golgari-beatdown/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

StarCityGames or CardKingdom?

Is this even a question?

Please just stop. Do you really think that they won't want free (you)s?

Either my Mayael or Rakdos decks. Mayael is super successful and wins most of the time without even casting her.

>tq
Kaalia. The only low costed creatures on the deck are the ones who keeps the big ones alive.

CardKingdom if it has to be one of the two. TCGPlayer is better than both.

What's your excuse for spending so much money on this game when you could win with a $70 deck and put all that money to way better things like a nice guitar, a stand up paddleboard, a nice road bike, months worth of martial arts training... I mean fuck, most of you idiots could sell off 10% of your gay collections and fund a top of the line cruise entirely with money gained from selling cards to other idiots.

But you don't. Why? Because you're boring and lame, anti social and out of shape. A bunch of uninspired, unmotivated dweebs who use this game as a way to compensate for your complete and total lack of life skills & basic hygiene. You for whatever reason believe that winning a casual game in a casual format will bring you some newfound happiness, even though you're playing in a situation where nothing is on the line and the difference between winning and losing is simply the amount of time it takes to start another game up.

You pop pills for your "depression" and blame a chemical imbalance even though the true source of your depression is a lack of exercise and clean air. You eat hot pockets at the LGS with the other losers, some of whom you call "friends" even though you only ever see each other at FNM and have nothing in common beyond your mutual inability to wash yourselves.

You're afraid to sell off these cards because you'd have to come to the realization that without them, you suck at this game, and if you suck at this game, then you're literally not good at anything in this world. And that's too much to handle for someone like you, isn't it? You'd end up going on a killing spree once you realized that the only thing you found solace in is actually just a lack of skill covered up by the fact that this game is pay to win and the makers of this game have one intention in mind when making these cards; The money of fools like you.

Alright, I guess I've been summoned. In case you weren't in the last thread, post a random magic card related to your commander, give me whatever information you find pertinent, and I'll make wild assumptions about your personal life for no reason. Some fun police will boo-hoo, but I'll trip for the sake of this thread so they can shut up and filter me. I won't be here every day doing this shit either so don't worry.

I'm going to continue with my backlog from the previous thread, but first, I'll start with this polite user and his big tittied elf:

This man right here can hold his liquor, preferably brown liquor. At a bar he's the kind of guy to accidentally spill frenchfries on his shirt, and hope no one notices. We always notice, you can't lick ketchup off a shirt. When he's sober, he talks a good game, but when he's "enhanced" he always winds up going home with a fat bitch. Any port in a storm man, more cushion for the pushin', but it doesn't change the fact he's a little ashamed, if not mildly successful. In this user's free time, he drinks ginger-based beverages, listens to weird weeb music, and has an anime girl in a swimsuit as his desktop background.

In his playgroup, he intentionally runs non-interactive stuff. If left alone, he will create an infinite amount of life, and utterly trivialize the game while everyone else burns through their resources. I bet he runs a Grixis deck as a backup, and has a secret love of discard, but only brings it out when someone has established themselves as a bigger dick before hand.

Is this a new pasta?

>made for BEC

Copypasta or not, this is what Magic players with shitty decks actually think.

Authority of the Consuls vs Blind Obedience.

One is cheaper and has an automatic, at no additional cost, lifegain, the other hits artifacts as well, which can generate headaches and hate from keeping track of it, and costs mana to gain life from.

I run High Tide

This guy right here plays Shu Yun and has mastered the dirty fucking tricks that go along with being able to tutor some crazy fucking shit. Like all Jeskai players, he's a complete sadist, and absolutely shits on his playgroup.

This is also the type of guy to build a potato gun, and shoot holes through his neighbors windows. As a kid, this user once stepped in dog poo, then regretted that decision so much he dedicated his life to avoiding bullshit at all cost. If I had to recommend a book to this user, he'd be a 10,000 Leagues Under the Sea type of guy, and probably has a sexy edition of Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?. Unfortunately, this user is horrified of commitment, and as a result, changes his deck all the fucking time for no reason.

>TQ
My only deck is Xenagod, so that one. Balefire dragon is an all star since my group has an elves player and a edgar player.
Anyways, i want to make an atarka one hit wonder deck. Does anyone have suggestions or a list? My idea is just a SHIT TON of ramp, a couple utility dragons, pumps, damage doublers, and extra combats. How on/off base am i?

>Thread Q
Kruphix, followed by Omnath (or as my playgroup calls him, Kruphix-lite). I think the biggest creature in the Kruphix deck is OG Kozilek, but Hydra Broodmaster almost always gets bigger. Like, 50+ +1/1 counters bigger. The biggest creature in Omnath is Ghalta.
Goddamn I love slamming fatties.

Why not both?

Sure, I'll just alternate between this thread and last thread. Some anons posted some cool things in that one.

Anyways, you're the type of guy who has a cluttered keychain so you don't lose them in your pocket. If I had to guess, your freezer has a bunch of really fucking old hamburger in it, and your favorite movie is probably Pan's Labyrinth, but you may also enjoy Big Trouble in Little China. This is also the type of guy who has lost 10 million of those little glasses cleaning cloths, and has a giant stack of cards sitting on his table. I bet you have a bunch of teachers who hate your guts, you smarmy bastard.

Anyways, this user loves to draw cards. I mean really loves to draw cards. If he's not drawing cards, he's pissed, so thank goodness he doesn't play in a meta with necropotence. In his playgroup, he thinks he's the rational and reasonable one, when in reality, he's the mutually assured destruction button with counterspell backup.

Run both, they're cheap

I like Loxodon Gatekeeper too

So, I've been wanting to build Yasova for a long time. I love cards that make games more interesting, and Yasova in the command zone definitely activates the almonds of all players.

After a few brews that worked out pretty well, I went digging and decided on what I want...

Yasova eldrazi tribal! Oh boy!

Plz halp, I need tech!

I'm one of those less experienced players who always has to cut cards.

Also, I'm biased against Blind Obedience because reminding everyone about multiple card types gets old fast, and I've had trouble with mana and never got much out of the Extort.

But yes, I know having artifacts enter tapped is valuable.

She seems more like semi-voltron.
>augment her power to steal a wider diversity of possible creatures
>keep her on the board longer

Emerge is spicy.

I will take your previous picture into consideration as well.

I bet you actually look like that tree; bald head, big bushy beard, with a wild look in your eyes. In school, you were the type of person to be way too interested in replying to the teacher, but everyone secretly thanked you so they wouldn't have to volunteer. You probably drive a mediocre compact car, like a Prius or some shit, and tried to be vegetarian at some point in your life, but just love delicious animals way too much.

I bet you're really a bluefag, or perhaps a redfag. No one is really a greenfag, and although you run Doran, it was for a 75% meta where you were just fucking around. Either way, you're pissed Drop of Honey is so expensive.

Nothing against you but if you're gonna keep doing the post a card thing please use a trip like PopSciFag or something.
That way if anyone complains tell them to filter you.
Your posts are often huge paragraphs and, in fairness, they have nothing to do with Magic at all.

at least sage them

>She seems more like semi-voltron.
Man, she can played in a ton of ways. It's super exciting to brew her. The most obvious is Fling/Barrage of Expendables/Greater Good etc. exploitation. You can go Voltron for the extra steal value...

Been brewing her for a while now. She's a ton of fun, but still trying to settle on a final product.

I play this fucker for my bog bois

Fair enough, but can i ask what you're running?

Stuff like Awakening Zone gives you mana and fodder for sac outlets, and cards like Dampening Pulse and Cumber Stone gives you both tempo and widens your options with yasova. Beastmaster Ascension too, although chances are that it will be removed. If you hate someone in specific, Curse of Predation could also work.

>Expropriate
>"You're clearly a UG goodstuff guy, probably something uninspired like Kruphix"

Not quite, lets get you back on track

He already did, and now its worse, since he will feel justified, and he already feels entitled.

Spider Tribal commander should have been Sultai instead of this made for limited "now shut up about it" garbage.

Give your opponent's creatures flying, then fuck them up for having flying. Its not hard.

Does anyone have a decklist for Krenko, Mob Boss?

Thanks!

Queen Marchessa, used to be Edgar.

Trying to put the deck back together after some changes.

I'm also sitting on whether I care about Call the Bloodline and Assemble the Legion.

>Does anyone have a decklist for Krenko, Mob Boss?
Yes, here you go

>62 Assorted Goblins
>36 Mountain
>1 Valakut

The problem is that they don't want to print much more than the already established tribes. They don't give a second thought about making another generic spider, but when it comes to stuff like elves, merfolk, or goblins, they need to have a deeper lore, legendaries, and more cards that supports the archetype.

fucking Jarad runs the biggest of the big bitches, mofos dont even know.

But MINOTAURS? Nah Wizards is fucking hard for the bull cock, gotta have multiple sets push minotaur tribal AND give them a fancy legend with a ton of text and story relevance

>this

>Thread Q
Rosheen, Tempt with Vengeance into Thromak for over a 100, just for shits and grins

How is Thromok? I was on the fence between him, Cephalid semi-tribal stax or Derevi.

If i had to choose, I'd go with blind obedience.
As for the call the bloodline/assemble the legion, idk. I'm a child and only play gruul

That altar is 10/10
Fucking jelly

Why must you be the fun police?

But, none the less, things are on topic and productive now. Hopefully they stay that way.

I play it just for lolz, to raise eyebrows and demand removal spells to wild ricochet. If that kind of wrongbadfun appeals to you, accept no substitute.

I like what and say
Also recomend stuff that let you attack more than once each turn like
-Combat Celebrant
-Fury of the Horde
-Hellkite Charger
-Lightning Runner
-Relentless Assault
-World at War
-Godo, Bandit Warlord (More useful with Infinite Reflection and/or Polymorphous Rush but there is a combat anyway)

How much of a plebian am I if I want to play Meren

Well you can't spell plebeian right, so you're not off to a good start.

Depends.

Did you just buy a precon, or have you specifically decided you want to do something with meren? Just buying a precon is pretty pleb, but there's a patrician toolbox cEDH version of Meren out there that I'm building right now.

Everflowing Chalice vs Astral Cornucopia
More efficient use of Ashnod's Altar cash-in vs colored mana

>This man right here can hold his liquor, preferably brown liquor
Jameson is life, man. How did you know?
>accidentally spill frenchfries on his shirt, and hope no one notices
I have absolutely done this
>more cushion for the pushin'
Not my thing
>he drinks ginger-based beverages, listens to weird weeb music, and has an anime girl in a swimsuit as his desktop background
On the money
>If left alone, he will create an infinite amount of life, and utterly trivialize the game while everyone else burns through their resources
Have you ever ended the game with over 10,000 life without using an infinite combo?
>secret love of discard
Correct
>but only brings it out when someone has established themselves as a bigger dick before hand
Bingo

colored mana is for faggots. even if it wasn't, it certainly isn't worth 1.5 times the cost.

For Yasova, put in a city of Shadows if you can find one or High market. If you really want to keep some stuff from the others: synod sanctum, cold storage, ghostly flicker and conjurer's closet. As for the eldrazi emerge point, get a temur sabertooth to get them back to your hand so you can then abuse emerge.

>Mana with no flavour
EWWWWWWWW

But user "Colored mana is for faggots" is exactly what the original flavor of the eldrazi was before wizards took the ball and chucked it into the floor multiple times

-Savage Beating
-Scourge of the Throne
-Seize the Day
-Breath of Fury
To gain mana and cast things
-Elemental Resonance
And things like pic related to return those "more combat" cards

Buddy, you're so far off mtg wise that I'm disappointed despite not expecting anything.
Although you got me on the books and bullshit.

>someone thought this was ok

my favorite card to run in this is akroma's memorial

I don't spend actual money on this game, I just play it on Cockatrice and pretend the digital decks I generate are ones I would play.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/lazy-ass-procreation/

Where should I put the tooth and nail? Maybe don't include it?

>Anger

Not my current deck, but my most played one so far.

>Which of your decks has the largest creatures, if any?
my brion deck regularly drops 20/20s, 40/40s and sometimes even gets a hamletback into the 100s.

i only ever really use tcgplayer

>Give your opponent's creatures flying
this card needs to be printed

I'm still salty that Emrakul 2 didn't have WUBRG packed into her abilities and that Devoid doesn't change color identity to colorless.

That card is one hell of an enabler in Titania

Fuck, now i cant unsee the copulate on that card.

So I've owned a Atraxa deck that jsut has a bunch of random Simic +1/+1 counter stuff in it alongside Orzhov-colored removal. It kinda works but is absolutely unoptimized and usually auto-loses to one wipe and is generally pretty boring to play.

Can Atraxa be turned into a fun "big Simic/Sultai monster" Commander with a "counters matter" subtheme? Think Kruphix with more counter shenanigans and control options. Doing superfriends and generic goodstuff with her would be more cancerous than I can stomach.

you should just play a different commander. there are lots of other +1/+1 options. atraxa just draws hate.

you will never unsee Atraxa's tiny bottom right arm.

You're welcome.

Vorel, Gilder Bairn, Darksteel Reactor

Also, any counter based mana rocks/lands.

>implying those aren't her main selling point
Quad handjobs.

>Quad handjobs.
she'd only be able to reach with three arms, though. Her one tiny arm would just be awkward.

Four hands is quite the length, user.

>doesnt want the special service of atraxas strong hand
queer

Her hands are tiny, she'll cover average length with those.

I see you elongated your pasta
It still makes next to no sense you really need to work on it more

Hey what ever happened to that guy who was going to build that skullbrair pump spells power/toughness matters?

How's Patron of the Moon? I love me some combo and my foil Kefnet would slot right in, but I dread mono blue with such an expensive Commander and combo enabler.
Also, is it worth it to even run Moonfolk in there or are there other cards that do about the same but better?

Forget the hands, what the fuck is with those feet proportions? Like her right foot is fucking beefy but her left foot is thinner than shit.

Boy do I love drawing cards.

She is supposed to be a Frankenstein Abomination after all.

I built it as Valroz so I could reuse shit, and skullbriar required a fuckload of invested +1/+1 counter tech.

Here's the list if you're interested.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/valroz-golgari-beatdown/

Green Kamahl is the general.

My play group loves picking on me. No good reason, it`s just how things ago. What are some good cards to help deter these fuckos to not single target me ever game?
Not just good defensive cards, but cards that actively encourage everyone to pick another target.

Cards like No Mercy, Ghostly Prison, or maybe Silent Arbiter/Crawlspace effects

Surprisingly neat. Well done user. You know some spicy fucking tech.

>lgs commander night
>played a friends Azami list he just put together
>that slut combos with so many things
>feel smug as the salt flows
How can something so wrong feel so right?

>Ghostly Prison, or maybe Silent Arbiter/Crawlspace effects
No mercy might not be bad, but in general cards like the exact ones you've listed tend to paint a bigger target because they attract removal, then a follow up attack.
Something more subtle.

Notion Thief + Windfall.
Watch them cry.

Ok, you got me interested there.

Now I want to play rogue tribal.

It's leovold 2.0 and complete cancer. But your opponents can't do much about it.
It's blue and black and can be tutored for.
Absolute AIDS.
But if your play group is being cancer then they deserve this kind of venom.

My playgroup is Teferi, yes, veil+stax teferi, the girl that plays with suspend and is total fucking cancer, and some guy that plays meren.

Just lend me your decklist user.

Basalisk Collar vs. Godsend vs. Loxodon Warhammer and why?

>When you kill somebody with Xenagos + Avatar of Fury out of nowhere

Man, Avatar of Fury is so good why don't people play more o the o' angry boi.

Because they didn't reprint it in the CMD2015 R/W precon like they should have.

i never understood azami's appeal. she is a 5cmc monocolored commander in a color with little ramp. and she requires you to play wizard creatures. it seems like one wrath would wreck her and there are so many better ways to draw cards.

this isn't a budget list so why are the lands so basic?

I have 4 1-toughness creatures and 2 token generators
I assume I still run skullclamp

you could run skullclamp if you have no 1-toughness creatures and it would still be good.

>I assume I still run the best equipment in the game, bar none.
Yes

It's like 20c