Has your DM ever injected a classic DnD character into your campaign only to be slaughtered mercilessly...

Has your DM ever injected a classic DnD character into your campaign only to be slaughtered mercilessly? I have not but I'd love to hear a story about someone murdering Drizzt.

>I have not but I'd love to hear a story about someone murdering Drizzt.
You can do that in Baldur's Gate 1, with proper setup.

>find him surrounded by like 20 gnolls
>nope out but leave someone there to watch
>he just sits there and solos them without any help from me
>"Thanks for you help, friend!"
>no option to go "AH, DROW"
>all of it is "no prob ranger man"

You can kill Elminster too, which is a much loftier accomplishment, I think.

Speaking of Baldur's Gate, my favorite thing to do as a GM is stick Lilarcor somewhere in the campaign and see how long it takes for the players to get rid of him.

To date, only one group actually did.

>I've never read a FR novel or played a game in the FR universe, but Veeky Forums tells me I should hate this character so I'm going to make a thread about not liking him to fit in

Dropnamed a few, never make an appearance, don't like having "special guests" npcs, shifts the mood too much because there's always some retard that tries to kill him out of giggles

What did Drizzt do to wrong you Mister Trips?

Untrue. I've read all of Hunter's Blades.

... I like his cat.

But why?

By that point in his own story (BG1 takes place in 1368 DR, so this is just before The Sea of Swords) Drizzt is famous up and down the Sword Coast, and definitely someone that CHARNAME, having grown up in a library with monks actively collecting all the knowledge in the world, would have heard of.

I grew up on Dragonlance and somehow managed to miss reading a single FR book in my entire life. From what I could tell Drizzt is just some autistic drow who likes swords and his panther and isn't evil like drow are.

That's the long and short of it. He also fucks a blonde chick who dies and is reincarnated as an elf loli... whom he also fucks.

That's more-or-less it. It's important to note that unlike his stereotype rip-offs, though, he isn't really dark or brooding or melancholy, except when those emotions would be appropriate (like that time when he thought all of his friends were dead). He smiles, he laughs, he has fun with his life.

>>no option to go "AH, DROW"
That can be explained by CHARNAME's obliviousness due to sheltered upbringing.
The same thing happening with Viconia around is where the real bullshit begins.

Wtf? Are you talking about Dahlia and cattibrie?

>He smiles, he laughs, he has fun with his life.
That doesn't sound very autistic to me

Because it's actually the other way around - the regular drow are complete autists, Drizzt was comparatively normal individual that somehow spawned in their midst, and that's why he fucked off.

Saying he has autism is just a meme, and a derivative one from a post that wasn't even about him. The user who came up with it was instead saying that he has "dark elf autism" in that he doesn't seem to GET drow society. But it was meant to highlight how different he is compared to drow, not how different he is from normal, well-adjusted people.

Fond memories of taking those shortswords.

>By that point in his own story (BG1 takes place in 1368 DR, so this is just before The Sea of Swords) Drizzt is famous up and down the Sword Coast, and definitely someone that CHARNAME, having grown up in a library with monks actively collecting all the knowledge in the world, would have heard of.

My group actually had a *lot* of fun with that very premise. I showed up with a scholar/knowledge cleric from Candlekeep, a friend showed up with a drow con artist who was convincing strangers that he was Drizzt (played as a parody of not-Drizzt characters). Between my dude being from Candlekeep and very good at sniffing out lies in general he immediately saw through the facade. But, rather than rat him out to the party he decided to keep the secret in exchange for at least one tome's worth of information, and would spend a lot of the party's downtime interviewing him about his life and his masquerade over the surface.

It was all good fun until eventually the real Drizzt showed up with awful pointed questions, and even pointier scimitars, regarding rumors of normally well-to-do Drizzt Do'Urden whoring it up, running out on tabs, and badgering people to give him more coin after low-stakes work.
Luckily my cleric was able to convince the real Drizzt not to not turn him in or worse, and in exchange the both of us had to act as messengers for him for a while (which was part of the setup for a time skip, as everybody else had things to go back to).

That was a fun campaign.

Viconia in the party can explain that, and again, you were raised in Candlekeep, (Books nigguha) and Drizzt already published that book on the Underdark after his visit to those wizards once upon a time.

Driztt isn't really all-powerful, the power of friendship usually just weavers his bullshit, and his secret blessing of Lolth he carries.

As for his stats as a Ranger, he's probably got some optimized variant build shit going on.

You can't kill Elminster, fucker lives in an open address and has for the last few editions, been blatantly under unwitting mind-control from that Elder Brain Lich Epic-level monstrosity that's ranked ABOVE Larloch, which is the explanation of every time someone has walked up to his address and asked about a apocalypse causing spell with him to only WILLINGLY ANSWER.

There's too much about E that doesn't pin him as a completely insane Asperger transvestite with boggled settin-hopping brain cells. Just visit this guy, speechcraft him or spy on a guy going to interview him and BAM! Free Ancient netherese spells.

and despite this, the fucker still talks shit about necromancers, even though one of his apprentices was literally a closeted Lich he was responsible for creating.

There's also the matter of the now Barons from FR Demon Stone who beat fucking Ygorl, the Slaad lord and are now in the process of colonizing the shit out of some tropical shithole somewhere.

Oh right- he also kept a kebab blackguard in a bottle from his whole "heir to royalty" days that later got out and he roasted the guy with an assist kill, and is also one the few spellcasters to know the fucking method of casting spells in coversation using key spell components in sentences stealthily said, something not even fucking put to use outside of the Jester Class/Kit till 3.5's Kingdoms of Kalamar.

Jester's are also forces of game-breaking nature- have canonically sieged waterdeep just because the Lords didn't recognize them as a guild with the giant skeleton of Diarmund- a 1e fucking NPC who killed a room full of people with the alleged funniest joke ever, which was actually a spontaneous discovery of a Phantasmal Killer spell hidden within a joke- and this did this using circle magic- except Jesters aren't allowed to use necromancy spells. Did we forget to mention the giant Titan sized skeleton was also able to cast fireball from it's mouth repeatedly?

Actual ingame Jesters get their own performance ability which escalates so quickly that the last level has you perform for powerful outsiders- or rather, in less than 10 levels, you perform so hard the gods will fucking pay you to perform, earning you more money and reknown ever- become immune to insanity, gain a special use of the Rod of wonders, literally have pun battles, talk shit to lover rolls for opponents, hide spells in speech, and juggle projectiles and generally shitpost a game to death.

And in 3.5 they were a base class AND prestige class. Lastly, to cover things- they don't actually get the power to draw any card from the deck of many things, that's actually a monster called the Red Jester, from the Tome of horrors made by Orcus that has it's own spellike ability to fucking have a pick whatever I want from the most game-breaking artifact conceived.

Lilarcor's particular brand of shitposting can be a lot of fun, since it's such a single minded, weird personality. I imagine most groups would find the sword pretty fun more than detrimental.

I heard if you name your character Drizzt and your alignment isn't Good, he tries to hunt you down.

It's actually based on Reputation, not Alignment, I think. Although that's in Baldur's Gate II, not the original.