magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/
>OR
>Mobile users might have an easier time signing up here:
mtg.design/

>Stitch cards together with
old.photojoiner.net/

>Hi-Res MSE Templates
pastebin.com/Mph6u6WY

>Mechanics doc (For the making of color pie appropriate cards)
docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgaKCOzyqM48dFdKRXpxTDRJelRGWVZabFhUU0RMcEE

>Color Pie mechanics
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/mechanical-color-pie-2017-2017-06-05

>Read this before you post cards for the first time, or as a refresher for returning cardmakers
docs.google.com/document/d/1Jn1J1Mj-EvxMxca8aSRBDj766rSN8oSQgLMOXs10BUM

>Design articles by Wizards
pastebin.com/Ly8pw7BR

>Primer: NWO and Redflagging
mtgsalvation.com/forums/community-forums/creativity/custom-card-creation/578926-primer-nwo-redflagging

>Q: Can there be a sixth color?
A: pastebin.com/kNAgwj7i

>Q: What's the difference between multicolor and hybrid?
A: pastebin.com/yBnGki1C

>Q: What is precedence?
A: pastebin.com/pGxMLwc7

>Do we really need all these Art Sources?
artstation.com/
drawcrowd.com/
fantasygallery.net/
grognard.booru.org/
fantasy-art-engine.tumblr.com/

>/ccg/ sets (completed and in development)
pastebin.com/hsVAbnMj

OT:

Brought up the custom card challenge last thread, but didn't have the image on me then. Well, here you go. Feel free to try and do something Vampire-related to fit the thread edition.

Psychic who later turned into a Vampire. Idea was to incorporate both aspects into one card.

I pay attention to the edition all the time, but sometimes I don't like it.

I like the idea, but it feels a bit weak.

I suck at making vampires

Rolled 7, 9, 6, 3, 5 = 30 (5d10)

Rolling everything but theme.

I wanted the stats go round out, as the idea was thst this was kind of a black vall lightning typencard, but I wanted it to not feel too much like ball lightning. So in exchange for trample, its harder to kill, and it sacs another creatuee instead of itself. And I wanted it to have default defensive stats as well to be sort of the inverse of normal ball lightnings again. But its tough to find the right mix of stats. Is a 3 drop 1/4 sac +3/+0 a little better?

Rolled 4, 9, 9, 4, 6 = 32 (5d10)

>Fav color (using the post number instead. 6 = B), land, voltron/buff, CMC 2, uncommon.
Eh, not too bad.

Rolled 2, 6, 5, 1, 4 = 18 (5d10)

>Red, land, token generation, CMC 3, uncommon
Hmm, token gen with lands is always tricky.

>Blue, creature, voltron/buff, CMC 1, uncommon
Eh.

3/3 for 1WUR sounds more balanced

Prelate of Subjection
2WW
Creature - Human Cleric
1/2
As Prelate of Subjection enters the battlefield, choose a creature card name.
Creatures with the chosen name have no abilities.

Basically a powered-up Phyrexian Revoker, or a targeted Humility on a stick.

You could at least use mtg.design to make cards, even from the phone.

As for the mechanics, it's pretty good. I'd recommend making it give the creature some base P/T though, since that's how Wizards likes to do it. Maybe same P/T as the Prelate? Less?

I considered that, but I thought that leaving the creature with their normal P/T would be better.

But there are creatures that don't have a set P/T, and instead have abilities that define it. So if they lose those abilities, their P/T in most cases will be 0/0.

Terrible wording, but I like what this does

How would you fix the wording?

Changed him a bit. Legendary, bant cost, white birds, 3 toughness.

I really like this.

Now that inspired me for a probably overpowered cycle

>Vampire edition
Yeah sure, why not. Almost gave this Menace but it felt like a bit much. Cost really comes weirdly but I think that's how it has to look, since it can't target.

These modes are very disparate from each other in terms of power level. I'd make the discard random, at least.

P/T being equal to cards in hand is usually CMC4, so this being that +1 and having a Scry tacked on when you need it feels a bit much. I'd get rid of the P/T being one higher than the cards in your hand and it'd be fine.

sacrificing a creature is a big ask just for +2/+0 for a turn. i'd have it as a +1/+1 counter or +3/+0 ueot

that seems very overpriced, i'd have it at 6 or maybe 5 if the body was a little worse
also, non-vampire seems awkward if you're doing some kind of vampire tribal

neat, but probably better as an uncomon as a 2/2 or 2/3 imo

yeh, this is solid, especially if you have a bird tribe thing running

this could be a vampire

should be a 1/1 or more costly, or gets counters from sacrifices from its effect only

this works well, good design, could have more toughness, other than that solid

does not need to be an enchantment creature, and vanishing is not being brought back

good design, but broken

Idea for Angel commander.
Unsure if broken cos dies to doom blade.

why double green but gives double white, also green and red are tertiary for flyers

To trigger people who hate griselbrands cost.

What the fuck?

Broodmate dragon, except it uses a different 3 color identity and it's a 4/4 vigilance reach that makes another 4/4 vigilance reach for 6 CMC. Or would that even be too shitty to see play in any format not Limited at 5CMC?

mtg.design
At least put in the effort. You don't need to download anything, just sign up.

Like i said, I think stats had to round out, and I wanted to do a a haste creature that felt especially black and not red, so having higher toughness than power then having it round out felt most correct to me. But a two drop I dont think can go bigger than 3 toughness if you have any power, and I wanted it to be able to do something with haste if you didnt sac so it had to have at least 1 power. Is 3 drop 1/4 +3/+0 a better base rate? Can 3 drops go to 1/5 with additional upside? I cant quite check right now. I would guess not but I'm not sure off the top of my head.

This is a black effect.

how is this in blacks color pie? taking extra turns is blue, sharing an effect is in green, the only card like this is mindlsaver which is colorless

this was based off of Raging River, it makes a river when it attacks is the flavor

Worst Fears. I know what flavor you were going for which is why yiu pegged it UG but in practice the effect is just all black through and through in terms of feel. The emrakul effect id peg either UB or BR, leaning BR. Im not sure why I think it might be part U, but part R would be the recklessness, the "fair" exchange (Ill fuck with you so you can fuck with me), and red is also a color of giving as well.

Wow. That is sexy.

forgot about worst fears, i can see it as BR

Don't forget Cruel Entertainment.

This probably sucks, but I've had the idea forever and I think it makes sense.

I remember this set symbol, but I don't quite remember who you are. And for some reason there's a part of me that really doesn't like you.

Well, I already like it more than Samut. I still can't believe Wizards made that card. It looks like some shit I'd make on a bad day.

Well, that is definitely something, thanks! Any suggestions on how it could be improved? My only caveat is that I want to keep it as only red. I feel red has just as much claim for flash as blue does, and certainly more than green.

is it because your the dude who made a timewalker that was almost identical to mine?

or is it my out of the box card design you detest

big dumb retard with shitty meme mythic here!
1/2
mtg.design seems pretty barebones but I guess it is a beta

Honestly I think the idea of Samut is fine. I juat think her activated ability and vigilance dilute the appearance of what she is supposed to be. I still dont get why wizards thinks vigilance = speed.

Roll

More artifact defense

Artifact you control gets shuffled into an opponent's library. Now what?

Thanks!

Got another Idea.

Ideas you get when high usually aren't good ideas.

The activated ability probably pisses me off the most. It makes zero sense and Wizards just threw it on for Commander. And as someone who likes Commander, that makes me hate it even more than if it were just bad design. Tazri was an awesome way to use an activated ability to alter color identity. Samut isn't.

Now he should be more balanced.

Would this be broken?

Yes

explain why, please

Too efficient for green at that cost.
Memory problems.

I see, thanks.
1G would be better?

quick fix

This is far more U than G. 1) It polymorphs a creature and 2) there's really no way to prevent an ability from triggering if it's already triggered, so you'd have to counter those abilities, and countering is very U and not very G.

Oh, and art in use. Scarwood Treefolk.

In order for an ability to be on the stack, it has to be triggered, so your wording doesn't make sense. I think you need 'Counter any abilities that were triggered when that creature entered the battlefield.'

Cool card outside of limited, but fuck playing against this in sealed or draft

Just tap the creature and have the other ability not untap creatures with frost counters on them, like Rimescale Dragon. Or just use the Dungeon Geists wording.

I used the wording from Ice Cage.

OK, but just freezing the creature makes the card easier to use and keep track of. And it does nearly the same thing anyway.

Thanks for the feedback!

Eh, I don't love Tazri's either. I xont find iy particularly compelling flavorfully or mechanically. Honestly off color activations on legends have a pretty easy flavor thing to latch onto I think (character is primary certain colors, but does something thats another color) but I don't think I've ever seen wizards do it very well. That may be what they were going for with both (Tazri becomes the leader of the allies so 5 color activation, samut warns others about the gods so white and untap) but it seems a little too subtle if it is.

Since we're talking off-color legends, might as well post this. This isn't made for Commander, though I have been trying to make a CO card specifically to be a Commander, I just haven't had much success yet.

Anyway, this is Donna Troy. During the event called Crisis on Infinite Earths, all the infinite realities ("Earths") were collapsed into a single reality. This means that all characters were combined into all their alternate reality counterparts into a single being. Unlike pretty much everyone else, Donna Troy retained the knowledge of all her alternate selves, as well as knowledge of the worlds before the Crisis. However, the version of Donna Troy from Earth-Seven avoided this. It turned out this version of Donna Troy was actually Dark Angel, a longtime villain of Donna Troy.

Eh, I thought Tazri was good because, as you said, the Allies were clearly five-color. In fact, the BFZ block was colored vs. colorless, which I felt drove the point home even more.

Samut's ability thought I just don't get. Maybe I'm missing something, or maybe it is just too subtle there as you said, but it just feels tacked-on to me. What really baffles me is giving her the W activation cost, but then not making her PW have W in it.

Other than being white so she have a Naya identitity, she was also meant to be an exert lord, which is also why she also grants haste, so you can use all exert abilities asap including the tap abilities. Thats its mechanical purpose. Flavorwise like i said I believe the untapping may be meant to represent warning a creature and making it more vigilant.