Game books

Hey Tg I know you like your pdfs, but what physical books did you just have to own for your collection?

a lot. so many I could run a different game every day for at least 3 years before I started to repeat games.

only a few i was (partly unjustified) hyped when i played the games

Almost the entire line of Kindred of the East. First rpg I ever played and I still use the dharma books for characters in other games

I straight up refuse to use pdf's.

>what physical books did you just have to own for your collection?
None really, I'm kinda poor. However, I will probably have to get a physical copy of the new Paranoia because it's based around weird custom cards and obviously just having a pdf of the rules won't let you play it.
My GM is considering trying to kickstart her homebrew RPG system into its own RPG and if that ends up being a thing, I'll definitely have to get a physical copy of that too.

I only use PDFs if they aren't available in hard copy. Or if I'm too lazy to go get the hard copy from my computer. Not at the table though. Computers aren't allowed at the table.

Just three:
Worlds in Peril
L5R 4th Ed.
M&M 2nd.

Happy with them, I'm waiting for my "MASKS" book.

>Computers aren't allowed at the table.
So much this. I cant fucking stand electronics at the table, not even phones.
I fimd that its a generational thing. Im an old fart, and the old farts the wife n i game with have the same attitude. I think all of us have at least 1 story about some douchebag that just cant keep their god damned face out of their phone for 5 fucking minutes to pay attention to the game.

Pathfinder, absalom and path of war.
Savage world
Anima core exxet and artefact of power.
Shaan Renaissance ( this one is french. The system is quite strange, I have yet to play it, but... Damn there is a lot of fluff and I like how humans are described in it : asshole who want money and bitches. They have the tech for it.

I don't know about you guys but I got this robotech role-playing book. It's got a d6 format and has some cool tables as well as a mech fighting with dogfighting system. It really helps the class system balances out so it's not just a playgroup of veritech pilots

Holy fuck i owned that brand new back in like 85? 87? Hard to remember....
>classes are relatively well balanced
>some of the best 'roll with the punch' abilities ive seen
Could be nostalgia talking, but i fucking loved that book when i was a kid

Every book I have that isn't D&D 5e apparently

Words cannot express how ASS ASSAULTED I am that C20 came out before Wr20. I kick started that shit OVER FOUR YEARS AGO.

Fuck you, White Wolf.

I'm the only guy in my lgs who has even seen robotech. So I leaf through it once in awhile and fantasize about it.

>I'm the only guy in my lgs who has even seen robotech
Thats sad. Im not even a fan of anime at all, but i loved that cartoon when i was a kid of like 9 or 10, so when i saw it on the shelf i had to buy it.
I remember playing it with this kid Joe and his older brother. Their house was a disgusting mess, but the games were fun. I havent thought about that in fucking years

I have spent too much collecting the White Wolf 20th anniversary editions. But I also have a vast collection of the NWoD books. Probably 50 hardcover books. I own about 20 dnd 4e books and a few 5e books. I don't think I'll go crazy with 5e books.

I just ordered a hardback print-on-demand of the Rules Cyclopedia WotC just put up on the DM's Guild. Been wanting it for a long time but didn't want to shell out $60+ for a beat up copy but now I got it for $30.

I also have the core One Ring RPG rules and a couple of classic modules. Collection is still pretty small right now but it grows yearly!

I typically buy a physical copy if any game I like though occasionally I'll snap buy a game if I'm out cruising around. I also go out of my way to grab old issues of Dungeon and Dragon if I find them in the wild, though with each year that habit gets harder.

I just like collecting books.

I'm only 25 but I have a fixation on hard copies. The feel of the book in your hands, in your lap as you read the rules with a cup of coffee. Too bad 5th edition books are 50 bucks. But i cant complain, I spent 90 on the collectors edition of the tyranid codex. Also I like the thud a book makes when you break out the sacred texts to reference a rule or to start a premade campaign

Faggot, if I'm on my phone it means you as a DM are boring the fuck out of me and not engaging me. Either that or combat is taking way to fucking long, sorry I'm not engaged while waiting an hour for my turn.

I have hundreds of PDFs but I own physical copies of most Dark Heresy 1e and some of 2e, MYFAROG (it was 11 dollars, sue me), DND 3.5, 4e, and 5e cores.

My most treasured books are probably my Degenesis set, 180 fucking dollars but they're so beautiful. I'm also always looking for any of the WHFRP 2e books, hella expensive online.

I have.
>Numenera core and monster book
>Mouseguard
>Shadowrun 4e 20th anniversary and some splats (bought all second hand so calm ya self spergy)
>Cyberpunk 2020 corebook
>D&D 5e core and most splats
>OD&D the 2023 reprints in the wood box. Pic related.

Working on 4e and 2e. Only have the player handbooks but I've played and DMed them extensively via others books and pdfs.

I own almost every core and splat book for WoD (despite never actually playing it), a decent amount of pathfinder and some 3.5 and older D&D, all of Rouge trader and some of the other versions, some GURPS, a hell of a lot of RIFTS. Oh and I'm holding onto all of Cthulutech for someone.

I pick up hard copies for fun, but the ones I can say I had to own (as opposed to just wanted) would be SenZar (both books), Synnibarr (both books), Karma for SLA Industries, and 3G3.