Towercrawl Worldbuilding

Within this enormous tower is a self-sustaining, self-enclosed miniworld.

>What are its inhabitants like?
>What kind of cultural, technological, or biological adaptations might arise from tower-living?
>What kinds of factions might exist within?
>How might the ecosystem of this world work?
>What kinds of adventures might be had?

Doing something like this has crossed my mind before, but I think you either need to commit hard to handwavium or just go really high concept so that all the impossibilities don't really stand out.

>No elevators, everyone has to take the stairs to go up and down the tower
>Everyone this has a big, muscular ass
>Booties are considered the most erogenous and sexy body part, anal is the most common form of sex

I like towerworld

>thinking about the big muscular ass
>but not the feet
Just imagine

Because each layer of the tower is smaller than the one below it, the class system downright makes itself. The tower peasants live in overcrowded spaces at the bottom, while the top crust live at the top. There are enforcers who keep guard of each layer of the tower, ensuring only the strongest (or those their bosses like) can travel from floor to floor. Different factions include the head honchos at the top, the mobsters at the bottom who want to take it all, tower worshipers, people who want to destroy the tower and live on the outside, and everything in between.

It is one giant library, containing every possible arrangement of letters into a book of a certain length. People spend their lives looking for patterns in the gibberish books and discussing the literary merits of the ones that make sense, as well as trying to determine which ones contain empirical truths.

You might need to cite Jorge Luis Borges if you don't want to be accused of plagiarism.

So like the manga Tower of God?

diet consists of mushrooms grown on everyone's poop

Actually, I think it would be the reverse. The more powerful you are, the MORE space you want- for your minions, for your private rooms, for audience-chambers and treasuries and armouries.

Meanwhile the plebs are fighting for every scrap of space they can in a large number of small rooms where pseudo-slumlords jealously guard the borders of their floor-fiefdoms.

>diet consists of mushrooms

What
Is it a tower or a massive Yorkshire pudding
Towers don't have wall inclination

>>Everyone this has a big, muscular ass
What? What if they climb more than walk? We will see more ape like evolution.

You think there is only a single work of fiction with this trope?

Pretty sure the Pentateuch is based on manga, yeah. Everything is based on a manga, baka gajin never come up with anything on their own.

I think user is confused by the fact that the higher levels seem smaller due to being farther away.

>He likes slapping his pelvis repeatedly against a rock and not a nice, soft, plump ass
Gringo detected

What technological level are we talking? I’ll assume medieval for this post.
>Elevator workers are lowest class. Maybe even slaves. People don’t acknowledge them like those bathroom attendants IRL
>Wealthy on top for the psychological effect and because invading peasants will have to climb
>No windows except on greenhouse floors. People wouldn’t voluntarily live in a tower and would leave if they knew they could
>Refuse shoots that go to the basement to be recycled for fertilizer by the lowest class—even lower than the elevator operators
>Strict birth control

You know, Let It Die would make for a pretty damn fun OSR style tabletop game

Not a gringo at all, just a southern European who likes muscular male bubble butts.

The stairs will become like trade routes in the real world. Whoever can control them can gain huge control over the entire tower. The story itself could be interesting, perhaps the PCs are from outside of the tower and have arrived on the bottom. The general goal and direction is quite simple; explore further up the tower. They can choose to get involved in each floor's politics or they can keep moving.
I'm sorry but I will be completely stealing this idea from you.

Especially when there is no artificial light, People will want to live near the outer walls where windows can be installed. The closer to the center, the darker the tower becomes - maybe there are superstititions about strange things in the middle section?

>inhabitants:
Yugiohloths! Spiky headed demi-humans of various hue!
>what are they like:
They hoard knowledge, children's playing cards which they use to detirmine dominance and who rules each floor.
>what factions might exist:
Pot of Greed: Believe the best way to build decks is to buy the most OP cards from the "card captors" who search for cards on the upper levels, and use them according to carefully calculated "metas", as anyone trusting to blind luck are fools and the smartest are the richest, the richest deserve to rule.
Heart of the Cards: The descendents and inheritors of OP decks made by Card Captors who happened to assemble good enough decks to ascend the Yugiohloth society, and argue that the people who most deserve to rule are those who randomly draw/find in the various floors of the tower where "packs" grow/occur naturally, for fate and the Heart of the Cards are the ultimate arbiters of The Game and Society.
"Card Captors": basically anyone unable to build full or good enough decks to compete amongst the ruling class must scour the upper levels and brave the monsters and wild spell and synchro effects found in the tower, often their only means of survival is to sell off the best cards they find to eccentric members of the ruling class, which allows them to survive but ensures they are never able to improve their station in society.
>How might the ecosystem of this world work?
The creatures and spells and traps found in cards were all once caught by special "blank" "trap cards" that appear for no reason at random in the tower.
Most creatures feed either off of other creatures, according to type advantages and bonuses, and spell and trap effects spontaneously form in areas of the tower too, though the more inhabited areas tend to be less prone to doing so.
>What kinds of adventures might be had?
Well being hired to find or hunt down certain cards, defeat beasts, rescue people from cards etc...

Check out the Tower of Druaga series. Game/anime where the adventurers go into a massive, monster-infested tower every few years in search of treasure. Various ecosystems throughout the stories with different bosses. Very rpg-based. Most higher levels are completely unknown. I don't know a lot about it but I know it touched on this already, might give you some ideas.

Age of Sigmar necromunda?

What are the paladins doing in the towers?