Weekend Warcraft Lore General

alpha edition

Discuss the lore and story of the Warcraft franchise and its application in and around traditional games.

>Document compendium: Contains official (ex-canon) DnD 3.x variants and a fan made DnD 5e version! Also contains the official Warcraft Chronicles volumes 1 and 2.
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B52pEESRLwfBM3V0Sm5NTlBITlk

>Previous thread

Should Void Elves be able to become paladins? They can channel the light well enough and can swing a sword. Seems to me all the requirements are there.

how come the dwarves didn't settle the Wetlands proper?
how come the humans didn't settle the Wetlands until recently, especially considering how prime its agriculture would have been?

Is there flavour text for void elf priests? As I understand it the Light should be inamicable to them, but at the same time they shouldn't be disqualified from Shadow Priests, the only void-based class.

I'm guessing it's the same as Forsaken, where the vast majority of their priests are in fact Shadow Priests with only a (crazy)few willing to channel the light and face the pretty harsh consequences. While Void Elves may simply be unable to channel the Light (lorewise at least), the Latter is pretty unbiased when it comes to answering calls, provided the absurd amount of willpower, dedication and faith are present. I mean, even the undead aren't forsaken.

I need a quick rundown on the "blood Loa" of zandalar.
I read somewhere that they were influenced by the failed experiments of the titans when they tried to fight the old gods.

I think the dwarves did at some point. Isn't Grim Batol located in the wetlands? They just ran into some problems with the Old Horde who used it for breeding an army of red dragons. I think there's still dragonmaw orcs running around the area now, though it's been a while since i last quested there.

>NEW FACTIONS AND ALLIED RACES
>FOX PEOPLE AND SNAKEFOLK COMING SOON
>NEW ANGLO-THEMED BRIT LAND
>NEW MAYAN-THEMED SOUTH-AMERICA LAND

AHHH.. IT ITCHES!!!
ITS ITCHING SOOO MUUUUCH!!!
>Frog mount
AHHHHH!
>all Vanilla models now updated for all mobs
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!~

HELP!!

There's a Brachiosaur mount for the horde

There is Menethil Harbour.

>obscure scapegoat nobody plays
k.

>FOX PEOPLE AND SNAKEFOLK COMING SOON
I thought vulpera aren't going to be a playable race? I hope. Please don't make Wildstar out of grimd0rk Craft of DPS Rotation & Cathedral Square RP

DUDE, they use the fucking Goblin skeleton, OFCOURSE THEY'RE PLAYABLE. Every allied race so far has shared a skeleton

What skeleton do the Zandalari use?

Oh no, the big ones are unique, but you see my point! Same as the fat-folk use a new one but the skinny ones use the undead skeleton(heh)

SHUT UP!
tfw your partner has been keeping you on the clear and narrow.

... What the actual fuck are you trying to say

I'm saying the thing most allied races have in commin is that they share a skeleton with one of the primary races. Infact, I think Trolls are getting the up-right skeleton soon aswell anyway, makes more sense i guess.

Always wondered why they never made a WoW 3.5 or fuck, later editions dungeons into pen and paper form. I know there are like two or three short and shitty adventures out there, but WoW dungeons are for the most part pretty good.

There are wow RPGs, although they are not canon nowadays.

Ya'd think Blizzard would have jumped on that
>Already massively well established universe
>Relatively cheap to produce
>Could sell shitty minis and millions of play tiles
>Its already a setting players are invested in
>It would probably get people to resub if they found they liked the lore of the newer content

Its a no brainer.

How does one get into RP guilds and RP servers n shit? I've wanted to for a while but wouldn't know where or how to start

Are you new here or something?

I'm you from the future. Guess what? You fell for it and subscribed again.

oshit, wouldn't want to disrupt the time line, thanks user!

Maybe, but just having dungeons from WoW with the mobs in them would be great to incorporate in your own settings. You want a dungeon set in a mountain city? Awesome, here's Blackrock depths for you. You want a trudge through caverns filled with ankle deep water with a cult worshipping a sea serpent? Blackfathom it is for you.

That's easy to do if you're well versed in the rules of the system you play with

So did they release any of the Zandalari voicelines or racials yet? I'm fucking fascinated by racials in more recent years, seeing as how varying they've become

Only Enemy Zandalari as much as I know.
They also talk about the Mogu which probably means that the Horde Zandalari weren't allied to the Mogus.

Neat! glad thats relatively cleared up, I guess with the Zandalari being as big as it is, there are bound to be different internal struggles like that

I wish there were some easily convertable maps from wow to roll20 so i wouldn't need to draw by hand.

Well it kinda makes me sad because that could mean there will be no allied race Mogu or at least not for the Horde.

I play both factions but I still wouldn't roll one if they were on the Alliance side.

But it's kinda unlikely that they're going to be playable at all.

>Saurfang (apparently) gets captured at the Siege of Lordaeron
>Asks for death, Alliance takes him prisoner instead
>Horde Champion gets sent to Stormwind to retrieve a captured Horde ship and its cargo for Warchief Sylvanas
>in the process, find Saurfang and break him out
>guards notice
>Saurfang demands to speak with "your boy king"
>guards just lead him out of the prison

Is this a moment of "Fuck fighting a Horde legend, just do what he says", or has Saurfang finally had enough of Sylvanas' edginess?

>Could there still be a Horde if Saurfang took a bunch of orcs and defected/went neutral?

All land in Azeroth belongs to the trolls.
Zandalari have spiritual authority over all trolls.
Zandalari are members of the Horde.
All land in Azeroth belongs to the Horde.

The Alliance must fuck off from the planet to live with their precious titans. At least humans must fuck off as the cancer of Azeroth. The rest of you can stay if you join the Horde.

>humans must fuck off as the cancer of Azeroth
>almost all the BBEG's pre-Pandaria were tied to the elves fucking around with Sargeras way back when

Elves are the true cancer

Makes me wonder, how habitable is Outland these days. I could see humans moving to outland and fixing it, assuming the Orcs can keep from chimping out and following the humans.

Forest Trolls and buff Zandalari when. It's been long enough.

>assuming the Orcs can keep from chimping out and following the humans.
>implying orcs can not chimp out

That was kind of the point. No matter what the alliance would agree to doing, like moving to outland, i'm sure the orcs would fuck it up somehow. For example by moving back to outland after sending the alliance there.

Same way you find a normal guild. Crawl trade chat or stormwind general or starting zones or wherever else you'll find guild recruit spam. Helps to know what kind of RP you're looking for, serious or casual, what sort of theme, so on. Beware anywhere that tolerates ERPers, unless that's your thing.

fuck off back to /v/

But elves are just uglier trolls, mon. We can't abandon our retarded little brother.

Night elf. At least the ones at ToT did, iirc.

Fuck the elves

t. Amani tribe

>vanilla
>BBEG is an undead human
>BC
>BBEG turned out to be a BBGG later on
>WotLK
>BBEG is an undead human
>Cataclysm
>BBEG is a dragon
Seriously?

I didn't say they *were* elves, just that the elves kicked off events that led to the BBEGs.

>the undead exist because the Legion needed them to be Horde 2.0
>Legion needs the Horde and the Undead because, fortunately, some elves thought it was a bad idea when Azshara tried to summon Sargeras to Azeroth

So elves had a hand in why Kel'Thuzad AND Arthas existed.

>Illidan having to become a demon to fight them

See above, elves fucking with the Well of Eternity created that mess.

>Deathwing only became so powerful because the dragons felt like they needed to create the Dragon/Demon Soul to fight the Legion, giving the Old Gods a useful target to drive to madness

It's allll because the high elves thought Sargeras was a great guy.

You're presuming that Sargeras wouldn't have tried to get to Azeroth if elves never existed, which is, of course, completely wrong.

>two out of four are undead

was

The elves reaching out to him is the only reason he knew WHERE Azeroth was. The other Titans had told him that Azeroth was out there, sure, but Azshara was the one who said, "Hey, I'm on this planet that conveniently houses the Titan Soul of the same name. Why don't you drop by, spare me some fo your power and marry me?"

He would have found sooner or later like he did every other world. If anything? Elves saved Azeroth, Sargeras would have destroyed it without breaking into a sweat without them.

here's a better orc

I love you Grimgor.

Are the fatties gonna be playable?

Please consider the following:

>warmahordes style tabletop wargame with warcraft armies

I liked his little gobbo companion. Literally too cute.

Yeah, I'm sure the world is better off with Sargeras' sword sticking out of Silithus than Sargeras wandering the endless universe trying to find ONE planet while trying to quell the Legion's endless infighting.

So, awful wargame with warcraft armies?

"O-OH GREAT G-GRIMGOOOOAR"

Aside from Menethil, there's also Dun Modr on the northern border with Arathi. It was razed by the Dark Iron before Vanilla though.

There's a fairly large farming settlement on the southern mountains of the Wetlands which you can view from Ironforge's flight path into Arathi, but it might technically just be an extension of Ironforge.

No Naga PCs, no buy.

"IT TROUBLES ME TO TROUBLE YOU"

"B-BUT DA BOYS BEEN WONDERIN, WHATS NEXT?"

"WHAT ABOUT UNGRIM'S LOT? THOSE GINGER MIDGETS DOWN AT THE SLAYER KEEP"

Goodbye newfag

What we know of G'huun, the Blood God imprisoned in Uldir, is that he was made to be when "Titans" (most likely Keeper(s) with help of some Watchers) experimented with parts of an Old God (most likely Heart of Y'Shaarj that Highkeeper Ra found on his way South to install Forge of Origination) in order to find a way to fight Old Gods.
As it should be expected, it went horribly wrong, so the entity that came to be, Blood God G'huun, was locked in Uldir, Halls of Control, with 3 seals keeping it locked. Nowadays only one of the 3 seals still stands, and Blood Trolls wants to destroy it to release their Blood God.

Goblins will remove the seal in a harebrained attempt to get some money. Screencap this.

Wetlands is mostly a marsh, while Grim Batol is in the land currently known as Twilight Highlands, specifically its northern part known as Northeron.

Sargeras was wandering around the universe purging planets and races left and right.

>eyyo, you guys liked Hakkar, vanilla and Zul'Gurub right? lemme rehash the whole thing for you!

Fuck you blizzard. Half of the joy of ZG was that it wasnt some world-ending, universe-shattering threat. Just a bunch of crazy fucking cultists milling around with ties to the zone and the general lore at large. It was like an Indiana Jones movie, you could explore all the little snippets of detail and hidden lore if you wanted to, or just barge in and rob the whole place clear figuring out what the fuck all these coins and bijous are good for.

I can't keep doing this, but i love you.
Greenskin update when

Mods nigga
Having an army of forest gobbos roam the jungles of lustria fighting lizards and rats is kino

They rehashed blood elves into nightborne, of course they'll rehash gurubashi into zandalari.

I wonder what the chances of G'huun being Hakkar is. Or if they're related somehow.

Garrosh is way cooler than Grimgor. At least Garrosh has some semblance of a personality.

Daddy issues aren't a personality. And unlike Garrosh, Grimgor actually built his waaagh from scratch.

>most likely with the heart of y'shaarj
we /pandaria 2.0/ now

>Daddy issues aren't a personality.
Wow, I see you are proficient in Reddit-tier memes-as-arguments. Very interesting.

I know, I just wish it was official.

I think an even split of 3 LL orcs and 3 LL Goblins could change everything too.

Pretty sure that Hakkar just found means to utilize Blood Magic, that appeared from time to time in the series without needing G'huun.
>Bleeding Hollow Clan utilize Blood Magic to create Dire Orcs; Bonechewers are exiled members of Bleeding Hollow that went insane
>Hakkar can teach Blood Magic, which was used to make Dire Trolls by followers of Hakkar
>Defias Brotherhood have casters that rely on Blood Magic - Defias Blood Wizards use spells like Bloodbolt; similar spells are used by Chaos Orc casters in Black Temple (Shadowmoon Blood Mage and Bonechewer Blood Prophet)
>Mogu use Blood Magic for Flesh-Shaping and for animating their Blood Golems, which Blood Elves later reverse-engineer and use in Suramar
>Bloodmage Lynnore, Bloodmage Drazial, and Kasim Sharim, that used Blood Magic on remains of Loramus Thalipedes (with a little help from Altar of Storms)
>Blood Death Knights, San'layn/Darkfallen, Troll Blood Drinkers, Blood-Thane Lucard in Stormheim and Red Blade Pirates he corrupted can drain blood to strengthen themselves; as Troll Blood Drinkers show, being undead is not necessary
G'huun seems to be an experiment going wrong that happens to be particularly powerful with Blood Magic, rather than being source of it. Hakkar can still be a Loa that use Blood Magic and be unrelated to G'huun (or he could find Blood Magic due to G'huun but is not serving him in any way).

He didn't do shit, his "waaagh" is composed of orcs who won't stop following him around. He's literally not an orc, but a khorne worshipper who looks like an orc.

>tauran paladins are sun worshippers
>zandalari are based on a culture that revolved entirely around worship of the sun
>no paladins
Whose idea was that?

Isn't Xavius the one that initially called out to Sargeras? And, besides, blaming all of the elves for the actions of Xavius and Azshara is as retarded as blaming all of the orcs for the actions of Gul'dan or Garrosh, all of the humans for the actions Medivh or Arthas, etc. In literally every case they're outliers that have the majority of their people rebelling and fighting against them, sooner or later (Gul'dan is the only one that was in good with his people after he did evil shit).

It's not as if Sargeras needed somebody to point it out to him. Up until he got his dick slapped in Legion, he had nothing but infinite time and resources to constantly grow stronger with.

All their paladins joined the Zul faction and got slaughtered in ToT.

It's too bad then that Zul is confirmed for a Horde character?

if you look at the latest datamining and alpha spoilers, he had enough of her bullshit after the entire kalimdor campaign and the Burning of Teldrasil, but he is alone to put her down, again there's the idea that the Draenor Orcs wont be joining to the horde, But the Alliance thanks to Varok and Draenor Orcs hating the MU Horde and Sylvanas with their guts since they are repeating the same mistakes, thanks to Him and "yeah... GARROSH".

Also Ner'Zhul's wife Leading the clans along with the Draenei since she and AU Velen were close friends.

thus, the Troll Empire rising again Thanks to the Horde, though its hinted that Vol'Jin or Zul'Jin will be brought back to life to fix the amend between the Amani and the Horde and Unite all of them

the Amani wanted to Join the horde, but once they saw the Elves joining them, they felt Betrayed, only the Revantusk remained loyal.

Hakkar is already associated with the blood moon, though. If they donn't fit him into this plot somehow I'll be very disappointed, given that we freed him from Jin'do's control back in Cataclysm.

Zul is the primary antagonist of the Zandalar questing experience. Keep up speedreader.

Zul is a Old God cultist

Zandalari Omens of Prophecies

Very well. Let us see what da spirits have ta say ta ya...
Pa'ku's shadow crosses a stone path...
Masks of gold...
Ancient waters, undisturbed for generations...
A severed elf's head...
All the troll tribes, united under the Zandalari banner...
A large egg, shaking wildly, but not cracking...
A rising sun over golden water...
A resurrection of former friend...
A good omen of strength, power, and success.
A good omen of prosperity and heritage.
A good omen of expansion and da growth of our people. Interesting it should be given ta ya...
A powerful omen! Dis bodes well for ya...
A... surprising omen for an outsider. What does dis mean?
Despite what many think, ya haven't reached ya full potential yet. Ya power will grow and ya will be mighty beyond expectations.
A good omen for all of us. Ya presence should be welcomed on Zandalar.
Almost always a good omen, but it will depend on ya friend...

Krah'gwa swallows an island...
Bwonsamdi looks away...
Rezan stomps and blood trolls scatter...
Torcali stands tall on a mountaintop, alone...
Shadra's eggs hatch. Countless eyes rush forward...
Gral jumps over the king's fleet...

A river of blood, with corpses floating upstream...
A brutosaur drowning in blood.
A broken throne of fire and ice...
A human ship, landing on our shores...
Two priests killing each other.
A cracked vase, leaking wine.
A setting sun in the dark swamps of Nazmir.
The death of a new friend.
A dark omen for all of us...
A darkness rises that will consume even the strongest among us. Including ya.
Leaders divided are not leaders at all. Ya must work with ya rivals, or suffer da consequences.
An unwelcome omen, but one ya can overcome with strength and determination.
Division among ya and ya allies threatens us all. Ya must unite Zandalar.
Ya wasting ya potential. Rise to da opportunities before ya, or be forgotten to among da nameless dead.
A dark omen for all of us. What have ya brought to our shores?
There be few omens more unwelcome dan dis. Tread carefully.
Pa'ku closes his eyes in the darkness.
Gonk is alone, swimming across a river of gold.
Krah'gwa swallows a herd of blue direhorn.
Bwonsamdi offers a deal with a smirk.
Rezan falls to the ground... dead.
Torcali sleeps.
Shadra's nest is empty.
Gral is pulled into the deep by an unseen hand.
You must walk into da future blind, I'm afraid.
Beware da City of Gold. It is not worth da risk.
A warning from da Other Side. Be careful.
Do not take shortcuts in pursuit of your goals today. Any compromise or carelessness will lead to a grisly end.
I've not heard this omen in a very, very long time... You must change your destiny.
You will be exposed to great hardship and betrayal. Choose ya companions carefully today.
Empty? No... You must change dis.
Avoid da water today. It is not safe.
I'm afraid dese all be bad omens... Dere be endless trouble in your future. I'm sorry.
Da omens are mixed... Ya will face impossible challenges, but ya will overcome dem. Da loas not abandon ya.

Also the Dark Iron, who worshipped and summoned Ragnaros into the world, have no shaman. I can only assume they'll be added later.

Source? I did a quick google but nothing came up

I have seen how this world ends, and ya not gonna like it.
I have foreseen what you will say, so please get it over with quickly.
Fate is not with you, my friend.
The trolls were first to rule this world, and we shall be the last.
The troll empire shall rise again. I have foreseen it.
This be dread, mon. Truly dread.
Dread days be coming.
I have seen many great events of our time, and at each, you have been present. Curious.
We all have our parts to play, even you.

>the Amani wanted to Join the Horde
Did they? I thought they were still stewing over the momentum of the Second War, which they abandoned; much to Orgim's, and later Thrall's, resentment.

>muh dad
>muh stronk warrior race
Grimmy walked out of the east and krumped until he had an army to go WAAAGH.
t. buttblasted chaos worshipper.

People talk much shit about Gul'dan's betrayal, but the betrayal of trolls was more significant. Trust a troll, pay the toll.