HUMAN POPULATION OF THE IMPERIUM. GO!

Human population of the Imperium? Lets get a ball park.

Enough people.
There is literally no point to this thread.

We already estimated this one once several years ago. I think the number was 5 or 6 quadrillion.

Well, the Imperium is meant to be ~1 million worlds, right? And, uh, let's say between the nearly abandoned wrecks of planets and the crowded hive worlds the average population is a billion.

I'm not sure what a million billion is, but it sounds large.

Wiki says 32,380 hive worlds, 5-20 hives per hive world, and 10-100 billion per hive, that averages out to 22.26 quadrillion on hive worlds alone.

We're told that the phrase "empire of a million worlds" is approximately true. Hive Worlds are the highest-population worlds of course, but they're a small fraction of the number of Imperial worlds. Forge worlds will certainly have tens or hundreds of billions, and there are presumably many worlds comparable to present-day Earth with several billion people. The low tens of billions may be possible without being designated a hive world.

Of course there are also many Death Worlds, and small resource/military outposts that are too remotely-located or have inimical climates, etc.

One also has to consider that given the starship traffic that moves men and materiel around the galaxy, and the enormous size and crews of the ships themselves, there are an enormous number of Imperial citizens that basically live on starships and don't count as citizens of any particular planet.

If we say the the 960,000 Imperial non-hive worlds has an average of the Earth's current population of 7.5 billion people (counting those who live and die in space) thats a total of around 29.5 quadrillion.

This figure gives 75% of the Imperium's population living on 4% of its planets. In the present-day United States 80% of the population lives on 3% of its land mass.

The Administratum can't keep count of the clerks assigned to count that.

>this picture
What are the three big clusters of black dots?

hey user, that's pretty neat, thanks

Missile silo fields, NORAD command centre @ Cheyenne Mountain.

Cheyenne Mountain Complex is the triangle with three dots in the middle of the state.

You look knowledgeable about population numbers, user; how many imperial temples does that makes, based on very religious terran countries?
the fluff for SoBs was once "at least one sister for each church or shrine in the Imperium"; of course this is ridiculous, but I'm curious nonetheless

>can't even see NYC under all the markers
>anywhere worth living will resemble swiss cheese with dirt and nuclear craters
At least it'll be over quickly... r-right?

>tfw on the north Kansas/Missouri border

That shit is going to hit the top of my house

Question: once Humanity started leaving Earth, how long did it take Humanity to spread throughout the Milky Way?

>knowledgeable
It's just Google and some back-of-the-envelope calculations.

The US city with the most "religious venues" per capita is Indianapolis with 1 per 289 people. 19% of the city is religiously unaffiliated. So if we take the 289 and reduce it by 19% that's 243. Dividing the population by 243 gives 113 trillion "Imperial Temples" great and small.

They're still spreading

with all the talk about orc epidemics and tyranid invasions why does no one consider the HUMAN problem?
humans breed about as fast as Orcs do and are twice as crafty and far more insidious, they went from one little planet to covering the whole galaxy, and they still aren't slowing down.

Another fun fact: With 29.5 quadrillion citizens, and 3.5% of the population as active duty military personnel (far higher than most modern countries but still less than North Korea), that's on the order of a quadrillion men. If they're distributed in roughly the same percentages as the US military branches (combining Army with Marine Corps and Air Force & Coast Guard with Navy) that's about 514 trillion Guardsmen and a "little" fewer in the Navy. 514 million guardsmen per Space Marine, though I guess the "one million Space Marines in the galaxy" figure is out of date now that Primaris Marines dramatically streamline the creation process.

Obviously, but my point is that 's math, while good, doesn't seem to take into account the amount of time it takes to spread out over as huge an area as the Milky Way

For the Great Crusade (starting with just the Sol System) to have taken place over a mere 200 years would imply that humanity was already spread across the galaxy by the 31st millennium, and the Emperor's forces were growing exponentially (to match the amount of space they had to conquer growing exponentially) as worlds that already had large populations were assimilated and added their forces to the Imperium.

That shit happened in the impossibly distant future (for us) and the impossibly distant past (for them), and I don't think GW has said much about it other than that humans in the Dark Age of Technology were ridiculously advanced.

I dunno, probably a lot.

About 10k years as the golden age of tech started in or around m15 and ended in about m25... I think.

Multiply by # of habitable planets in the Imperium, done.