Veeky Forums - /twgg/ TowerGirls CYOA General

Currently working on a variety of projects

Whispering Wisp Edition

Discussion of the Towergirls CYOA, RPG, Setting, or Video Games welcome here!

Everyone is welcome.

Charts:
Main Gens: imgur.com/a/9hzpx
Work In Progress-imgur.com/a/8ka0l
Legacy Charts: imgur.com/a/tNxmF
Side Quests: imgur.com/a/Q0FFO

Alternate Costumes: imgur.com/a/zfO0U
Fusions!: imgur.com/a/tAust

Gats's V4+Chibi Gen:
imgur.com/a/3nz8j
imgur.com/a/R79Pd
docs.google.com/document/d/1A-nihGqc0TnW9cIUo9dnnJPHenh94BnKjSWEyokagWM/edit
docs.google.com/document/d/1tvwJDhjDU4AfH8GTP553odh0jANZQm-bkoBc7H2l3C8/edit#heading=h.mbsuygwltkaf

Commissions:
imgur.com/a/R79Pd

FAQ:
pastebin.com/gaSHJEZF (embed)

Resources:
Tavern Link Hub: pastebin.com/LnVbYysE (embed)
Booru (Fan Art Collection) - tower-girls.booru.org/
Tower Girls infinity Chan Board -8. ch.net /tw grl
Brushes, Fonts, and Templates mediafire.com/file/k83sgc5t5dfvv3s/Towergirls_Files.zip
Gats Wiki - wiki.smutosaur.us/towergirls/Main_Page

Spreadsheet Princess - docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12IcT_vwIHKAMz-ghvB3fgHTr7DkHvjrbu4Hzlw4XCIU/edit#gid=0

Games & Tabletop Rulebooks:
pastebin.com/uAYHS9KZ (embed)

Official Videogame:
towergirlsthegame.tumblr.com/

Quests:
towergirlsquest.tumblr.com/ (Gats)
towergirlschivalryedition.tumblr.com/ (Eversor)

if you'd like access to the discord or have anything you wish to talk about privately involving towergirls, editing, etc, please contact Brumus here:

A) [email protected]
B) "Tired Knight" on Steam

Don't forget to visit the other Tower girl threads on other boards

Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

sta.sh/02e1aw5zgq3z
strawpoll.me/15033716
kawmapkarma.tumblr.com
imgur.com/a/6BcGE
imgur.com/a/lpXKF
imgur.com/a/OMzkP
picarto.tv/Eversor
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Friendly reminder to get your knights submitted

I don't know if this project is even being worked on anymore, but I noticed in the album the chart is incomplete, and doesn't have the colored versions. Put in my own efforts to fix that. No clue how to get in contact with the actual creator since I don't have a twitter but the ideas in the googledoc seemed fun at least.

YUSH. What happened to butcher knight, does anyone know?

Also do you gave current chart?

Allright, it seems the poll was clear: Ponies have won as usual.

Joking aside, i'll do the Normal RPG and put Lewd stuff in a separate document, but it will take some time since first i have to entirely remove anything related to Lust ect and put it elsewhere, and then redo one of the items from a princess since the lust gift goes elsewere.

Example:
The Goblin Princess Dowry "Breeding Contract" has been replaced by the "Madcap Mushrooms" which can be used Once per Tower Exploration. If you know what a Madcap Mushroom is you can figure what it does, more or less.

Some of the Expansion Princesses will be also transferred to the lewd expansion so it has some new content.
(Note: Expansion princesses in the game are some of those from Gen 4, 5 and all expansions, but i didn't put them all).

I have words but no pictures, do that count as knights to submit?

sta.sh/02e1aw5zgq3z
I think this is the latest chart. Someone inform me if I am wrong.

I have the stats as always, but he never got a base art done.

Towergirls IC art page died, should it be remade?

Yes it should

Thanks, updated

>Hourglass
>Doesn't have an hourglass figure
Failure. Still cute tho.

Does Hourglass have varying tit and ass size throughout the day?

strawpoll.me/15033716

Looks like the results are in. People want a normal core game with a lewd expansion on it.

It only makes sense. Lewd games are always shit, with EXTREMELY rare exceptions.

kawmapkarma.tumblr.com
Their name is in the file name, you Cheesecup

Pretty much.

Uh, i know since i posted results earlier in here If you mean like F.A.T.A.L., yes.
The things i've added are just an additional mechanics, lust spells, nude monsters and lust gifts. the end.

For example a Lust spell is called "Wink" and just inflicts a -1 to Dodge or another just forces two creatures to fight eachother.

You might want to look into Houses of the Blooded as it actually has a not-lewd romance system built into it that is structured around courtly romance from the age of chivalry. It'd be very useful for you.

Also you could have the goblin princess have a marriage contract like her new sheet introduced.

Yeah, that's the latest one. Once those last two spots get filled up I'll either move Ser Knight himself up to the top next to the template to have one more open slot, or just move directly to working on compression so it can be posted in the threads directly while still keeping legibility
You could post the write-ups you have and hope someone likes them enough to art them up that's how I got one of mine in

Well, here we are again-

Mad Meat Mulcher
BUTCHER KNIGHT
+Relentless Warrior
+Not afraid of a grind
+Gourmet Chef
-Low Impulse Control
-You look tasty

Cursed Cleaver: Ancestral weapon that craves bloodshed and split bone

Flesh Hook: Great for hauling hides and opening veins

St:4
P:1{4}
Sp:2{5}
Ch:3
W:2

Today's Special: Once per encounter, may target an enemy and gain extra stats when attacking or moving towards them.

"A brutal and predatory knight from a backwater hamlet. Knaves and evildoers who cross his path tend to go missing."

That's very funny to me. I mean most of the stuff from that system can be applied everywhere, such as the tragedy themes, mass combat, intrigues etc, but you don't need the game manual if you already are familiar with. I mean most of my game sessions i did or campaign i create have both tragedy, adventure etcetera, but i usually adapt on what the players want. if they prefer go adventuring with lots of roleplay, i did that.

>Also you could have the goblin princess have a marriage contract like her new sheet introduced.
The game i wrote is mostly for adventuring, while the marriage should be a final goal, not one of many before game ends.

I will post it then.

World Class Champion
WRESTLER KNIGHT

+Legion of countless fans
+Knows many wrestling moves, powerful and flashy
+Weapons are for the weak!
-Refuses to use a weapon
-Doesn't fight so well without an audience

Stamina: 2
Prowess: 3
Speed: 3
Charisma: 3
Wit: 1

Wrestling Outfit - Indestructible, cool and unique, this outfit helps you stand out and be recognized even within a crowd.

Not Too Big: Nothing is too heavy or big for you to handle! Any target of Wrestler Knight's wrestling techniques is considered to be a humanoid creature of Wrestler Knight's size and weight.

Hello Griffon

>bullying Drake Duchess
But why?

Towergirls newfag here. How exactly does max lust work? Do I just use my imagination or are there rules for increasing it?

I'd also like to know. How are the stats supposed to increase?

Presumably you'd use the Princess's kinks to get her more into you. Basically yeah your imagination.

But you know my imagination is terrible; if it wasn't, I wouldn't be here!

Good: the weaker you immagination is, the Stronger the Nothing becomes.

HEY its time for a towergirls update, since weve got a bunch of newcomers and were slowin down a tad because of workloads, I figured now would be a good time to get everyone up to speed on whats goin down

>Companion gen exp
is now complete! Stat icons are finished and you can now use the gen after gen3exp

>Gen5exp
roster is now set, and sprites are being worked on. Once the sprites are finished we'll have another vote related to design choices and finally get to stats

>Caravan
roster is set, gonna be workin on stats and probably release the first demo view of it around the same time as the gen5exp design vote

>Undertale gen
is complete, fairly certain the companion chart of it wont be using custom stat icons, which is fine

>WH40k gen
finished! pretty much complete, though some folk still werent certain about the points maybe?

>Elder Scrolls gen
appears to be finished

>Mega Girls gen
sprites and stats are done, though items are currently WIP and Xemp appears to be working on more gals as well

>Trash gen
im uncertain as the finality of the gen, but the first chart is mostly done, though lacks items. And the second gen is currently in the works stats wise

>Sorry's gen
roster is set, though the cards are very detailed and can take quite a bit of work, Sorry is a bit busy at the moment but alive and workin on it

>Blank's Island gen
Red's been churnin out gals, and blank has some stats set. Here is the imgur with a big portion of gals
imgur.com/a/6BcGE

>Vilegirls + Paintgen
im uncertain where they currently lie, but if anyone has the current charts/cards please post em

>Gats v4 gen + SP game
dwarf card came out recently, and the game got another update! Goblin card still a best though

Here is an imgur with all the related materials I just noted
imgur.com/a/lpXKF

If I missed anything, or if youd like to notify anyone of your gen, or what your working on, please give a shotuout!

>Gen5exp

I thought the main gens were finished?

...Gen5exp is an expansion to Gen 5? Gen 1 - 5 are finished.

Right, but isn't 5 planned on being the last? Wouldn't that mean 5exp would be the final update for the main gens?

Why is trash gen in such a small resolution?

Open it in a new tab.

Still doesn't zoom in enough to read the text.

>Check the Gats V4 Commission section
>Nothing new
So did they just stop or just not updated?

Gats hasn't reopened commissions for them yet

I was more just holding off on posting my build for the WH40K on the off chance that any point stats *were* adjusted on a final pass. Not too familiar with balancing things, so idk if I could comment on if points would need to be adjusted anyway.

Is Sorry the one working on the Unraveled Lands? Glad to hear he's alive. Real life comes first, of course. Eagerly awaiting more from him.

Paintgen finished a little while ago. Should already be in the side charts I believe. Paint user said he probably wouldn't bother with the item art, just due to his style.

Vile girls I think is almost done; they are just drawing item art, finalizing the layout of the chart and filling out the header, I believe. Also in the side charts already.

There was also that finished-in-a-day vermingirls one.

Btw Phi, might want to leave the original lineart of Kawma's chart in the imgur as well, since that colorjob is not officially by Kawma.

Vilegirls has all of its cards completed, just waiting on the item art and the picture that'll go up top. All of the writing, unless it needs revisions, is done.

I took those directly from Kawma's twitter, and as far as I can tell they're not from anyone else.

Oh, my bad. I read that thinking you had colored that yourself, not that you'd taken that from his twitter. My bad then, thanks for the clarification.

You're a good noodle Brumus!
Any thoughts on gen 5 exp armies?

Maybe it should be.

Gen5exp is the last main gen me n ever will be working on, though we will be doing some other side gens and after that, some fan gens like warhammer fantasy n such

dunno, was the only version I had, you could prolly ask the folk over on /trash/ for a better version

honestly no plans for em as of right now, im basically lookin at the current army gen as another sidequest rather then it being connect to gen5 at all, so it really a matter of if Eversor feels like when all is said n done with gen5exp,caravan,bosses,final rewards n such. Otherwise the rules will prolly just shift so you wont have to rely on the army in gen5 n such

thing is its hard enough getting folk interested even in the companions, the army is even less so a lot of the time. So in one of two ways 1. it'll be added in much MUCH later, or 2. the one we have will written off as a side quest that you can toss in anywhere

I know this is an older one, but will it do for now?

Older as in without the top art.

Princess Discussion of the Day #163
Kirin Princess

Used to be a chastity girl but changed to a more Serene / Graceful girl to not compete with Nun.

Only know the briefest amount of lore on actual Kirin myths.

She looks interesting but I've never understood what that weird wedge thing in the middle of her hair is.

All her traits are alright but she is almost too calm to the point of potential boredom that I do not think she would be a good rescue for me. Good traits in general though.

Ancient Priestess could be a good class for finding towers I suppose but it does not seem that great and it has a limitation on it as well. Moon Monk sounds much cooler for having both a mount and additional Kirin powers.

Ah I can read this one, thanks user.

Am i the only one who have the graphics of Subtitle pending being troublesome? i mean i have the fonts being a little blurry and the writings sems screwed up a little. I have tried on two different pc's but the result is the same. I will then stop supporting it since it's more than a year that i told them of such problem but the answer was "it's a very low priority thing to fix"

>Apache princess
>Tile princess

Love it. Now all we need is an Ohio princess.

no issues on my end, and its the first ive heard of it. Though I also had no problem with the small res of the /trash/ gen pic so I dunno if its my graphics setting just being different then most

I mean look at this. It's more than a year that i have reported such probelms, so maybe i'll just drop it off and give 1$ extra dollar to bruva alfabusa

Did you try changing your resolution?

If you're itching for the latest ones I've done, they're here: imgur.com/a/OMzkP
I haven't made a fuss about them, though, since people didn't seem interested in the ones that were decidedly un-Towergirls, which is understandable. They aren't meant to fit into the universe 1:1, after all.

Again, as a warning: you are not going to find cool new Towergirls characters with these comms. They're about as OC Donut Steel as they're going to get, so keep that in mind.

It solves nothing

Lmao they did a pony one

>the fucking futa shit oc's
Christ, whered you even find these?

Very nice, thanks. And I didn't expect them to be lore-friendly, I just like them cause they're silly.

I like the Kaithrit Mistress.

picarto.tv/Eversor streaming!

I think all Vilegirls needs is title art and art for the lust bonuses

Yeah. I can confirm on my end having some of those issues. Not nearly as bad as yours, I can still read the tips in the top left. But it is a little blurry over all.

Did you reported it? because if only one user reports such problem isn't the same thing of more people who are having such troubles for the game

You guys need to bring this up with our team? I think I might know the problem but we need a lot more direct evidence. Pump these screenshots into our bug reports channel so Duke can look at them and we can see what the issue is. If I had to make a guess though, I think we need to make adjustments to the game's 'allowed' resolutions. Some of the other games I worked on had similar problems, it's a common issue with stuff like Game Maker and unity if you go with their default stuff because I think they squash and stretch rather than just pulling the UI bits further out. Can't promise that's the issue, first time I've ever seen anything close to that bad. We'll look into it.

>You guys need to bring this up with our team? I think I might know the problem but we need a lot more direct evidence
sorry this came out wrong. What I'm trying to say is that we know stuff like this happens, but we need EXAMPLES of it, and lots of them, to track the source of the problem down and to test out different solutions.

But i shown you guys the screens a couple of times.
Every time, in the discord chat, i posted the screen after i described what was wrong, which at first it was ignored.
Then after i asked again the answer was "graphical errors are on low priority" (few months ago). i waited patiently and still nothing about. So since a year is passed and nothing changed, i've seen no more reasons to wait for a fix.

Fair enough, but here's the thing, they -were- a low priority if you were the only one reporting them, this thread shows there's more stuff, so I'm more asking for the rest of them to help us out here.

Order of Operations for problems in any given bug fixing cycle:

>Systemic (Saving systems, underlying infrastructure of the game, basic level functions like memory, item tables, abilities, advancement, etc. that the rest of the game systems rely upon)
>Mechanical (the more overt, major systems, built upon baseline systemic areas, things like combat, items, specific abilities, VN segments critical to story advancement not firing correctly, etc.)
>Visual (pixelization, wrong sprites used, misdrawn sprites, etc.)
>Written (typos, conversation lines for optional areas not firing correctly, etc.)
>Audio (sounds and musical issues)
>Quality of Life (Balance, UI changes, usability changes, etc.)

Only in the last few months have we gotten the budget to do significantly more than keeping stuff steadily chugging along. Programmically we're focused almost entirely on laying down, and getting right, the basic underlying mechanics and systems and iterating on them as best we can. Now we have more of a chance to do this stuff.

Also, we've recently rearranged our discord to better allow folks to report bugs, so it's not just mixed in with other forms of conversation allowing it to be lost in the backwash of conversation about princesses, characters, and everyday chit-chat.

I'm not saying it'll be fixed immediately, but it's got a better chance of being hunted down right now than it did even 3 months ago.

Also systemic and mechanical issues can look a lot a like, and we tell them apart by saying "does this effect everything or just one thing?"

A single item or ability not functioning right? That's a mechanical issue.

All abilities or items of a unified type (say, all items that heal you, or all abilities that cause stunning effects) not working right? That's a systemic one.

Gentleman, Trash!

Oh fuck

I know. I already wrote the exact thing in here I told him ( ) to report too because if i was the only one with that problem is a thing, but if more people are having similar issues maybe it would then addressed.

That's cute. She's got a bit of a sassy expression, but wearing the banana peel on her head makes it funny. Is that a tail behind her, or is that part of her hair? I'm thinking tail, but I'm almost always wrong on that sort of detail.

different user, I have the same problem that velgarn is having, I wasn't even able to find the first location to go to, will upload a screenshot when I can

the map

I mean the map and UI is just kind of garbage in general anyway.

Yes, i think they have understood since the screens are self explanatory

Too cute, though I feel like she needs a better “crown” and I’m also a bit disappointed we don’t get to see her full body.

>I’m also a bit disappointed we don’t get to see her full body.

She is called trash princess for a reason user

Allright, Core Rules and Character Creation have been cleaned up from the Lewd rules, but some Dowries and Quest Items need to be re-created from 0, like the others.

Only the first 3 Gens of princesses are covered because i've wrongly removed the expansion princesses from the Core Rulebook. I will add them later.

Holy shit this is perfect
The banana peel crown
Her face
Those colors
The fact she's peaking out of a trash can

Ever this is everything I was hoping for and more.
You might not get everything right, but damn, when you do, you are bloody magnificent.

Those things are part pf her appeal, though?
She is literally named trash princess, why would she have a proper crown? And her popping out of the Can is both unique and quite adorable.

How long until we start a thread war of people making fusions of their worst waifu with trash princess

In before Trash x Goblin

Howdy, I'm in charge of the UI design on the game. The warbly scaling issues are something we're currently looking into. Up until a few months ago all assets I created were done on a 1366x768 laptop screen, so I've experienced the distortion first-hand. On the programming side we're trying to strike a sweet-spot where only aliased assets will be rendered as they are currently to preserve the aliased style when scaled.

There are overhauls and improvements to be made on the art-side too. I've got my own ideas on how to tackle issues of legibility, organization, and aesthetic, but I want to hear what the Veeky Forums community thinks of the current UI before I start taking the designs in any direction. This game marks my introduction to interface design, and I'm well aware that there are issues with the current style. I'm committed to improving the designs and making the UI not only pleasing to navigate and use, but pleasing to look at as well.

Distortion aside, are there any features or changes you would like to see for any UI elements in-game thus far? Would you like to see more information on-screen, less? Any element placement seem funky or inconvenient to you? Please let me know so that I can get cracking on specific problem-areas and use your feedback as a guideline going forward.

I think the map needs a zoom feature and map icons that are easier to distinguish that have clearly legible text. While I understand the value of having a degree of aesthetic consistency, I feel the current UI in many respects is more form than function, especially in regards to areas that are densely packed on the map itself. The names being displayed when you hover over them with a drop down box denoting the region's various stats would be infinitely preferable to the janky system that currently exists. Another UI thing that has bugged me to no end is the lack of any system of labeling objectives either on the map itself or via highlighting them in the quest's entry in the Big Book of Bugs so I know where to go.

These are all very good points. Being able to zoom in on a map so large is a much-needed feature I'm definitely going to pass on to the other devs. Especially when taking into account the crowding that will inevitably occur over time, the player will need a method to parse the map more closely to avoid pixel-hunting.

Ditto on the objective-tracking. A quest-oriented game should give the player a means to gauge progress and keep the objective in-mind. I appreciate you bringing these up.

Adding to this, I feel like the solution to the map that'd require the least production of detailed assets would be to just make it so instead of clicking on the map to specific locations in a kingdom, you instead click on a kingdom to travel to it, and, once in it, can bring up a locational list of landmarks of note inside any given Kingdom. If you want to simulate travel internally to go to these landmarks that'd make sense, but this way it also becomes much easier to actually add new things to the game world without the everpresent problem of "yes but where on the physical map is this going to be.

Given the baronies internally exist, you could even have a sort of hidden province system in place where if a barony changes hands it changes color on the map in that sort of way. If you wanted to maintain travel to landmarks on the map overall using provinces in this way could work by having you move from province to province. There's lots of ways this can be handled that would be better than the current setup, basically.

Passing this idea on as well, this would provide more structure in how the map is navigated as opposed to hunting/pecking at the icons. Thanks!

hey, Ever gets everything right! Sometimes just less right than other times

One useful thing for the map would be various filters. Al la Crusader Kings 2. Filters for days.

Most useful filters would probably: One that removes everything, leaving just the map to view alone.
Filter for Rulership (color based on the princess's base color, boarders made to easily distinguish between similarly colored princesses)
Filter for capitals
Filter for army movement
Filter for major characters (princesses, knights, adventurers, ect.)
Filter for dungeons
Filter for resource distribution (gold, pop, faith, whatever your nations will provide the player)

Also, an "advance time" button or a "confirm movement" button, instead of having to press spacebar.

One GUI think that definitely needs tweaking is the battle menu. I can hardly select enemies half the time when I try to target attacks. I have to rely on the fact that you can use the number bar 5+ to select enemy units, which is certainly not evident enough as a feature either.
For now I'd get just a bare bones square menu interface working, where you can target each individual enemy, and make sure that works smoothly in the game. Then get around to making it look pretty. As a whole, my main issue with the menus doesn't stem from their design, instead it comes from how slow and buggy they can be.

This is more a nitpick since people have already mentioned what I wanna see already. The bar on the top of the starting menu that has the title and title version will dissapear when you select an option, causing the screen to suddenly jolt, and when you exit that option back to the screen the start up screen will jolt back again, it feels very janky and I was afraid my version was not working when I saw this.

Also there should be a way to exit the game fully from gameplay rather than just exiting to the starting screen for convienences sake

has anyone ever made a tarrasque princess?