Jumpchain CYOA Thread #2044: Clown Prince Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Well damn you beat me op.

Are there other perks that overcharge spells besides the Abyss of Magic from Overlord and Holy Hexes from Konosuba?

Ffxi is full of them

Would using Primordial (JLD) on True Ancestor and Brunestud of Tsukihime make you basically Crimson Moon?

Are there any must have perks for blacksmiths?

Would Safety First from CCS protect you from spells of future selves like the JUMPER drawback? Because it seems like the only way to take the Fourth and that drawback that isn't basically suicide.

/jc/, what is the best weapon?

FFXI also has a perk to power your maagic through dance numbers. Nobody talks about it.

Eh... You might be able to achieve a claim on being an Aristoteles of the Moon (or even of Earth, given the nature of a True Ancestor), but I don't think you'd be on the level of the Ultimate One of the Moon.

Sword chucks

A sharp wit and tongue.

...isn't Aristoteles just another name for Ultimate Ones? Like, literally the same thing?

Oh, I thought that, given that with Brunestud you have a sliver of Crimson Moon's power that you can grow with time, Primordial would boost that fragment to its full potential.

>Primordial
>Any alt form you assume will be pushed to the absolute apex of their potential

Did I read too much into it?

What are some good magic system fusing perks

No. Aristoteles are the top "species" of a World, whereas the Ultimate One is literally the top of that "species".
Part of why I started with "Eh". It's kind of hard to say since we've only got one True Ancestor example to work with, and if she crossed into Crimson Moon territory there wouldn't be an Arc anymore - it'd just be Crimson Moon. Add to that the fact that Crimson Moon himself is contracted with Gaia and possibly backed by whatever the Moon can throw into the mix...

Conjoined Conjures from CardCaptor Sakura and I Cheat from Justice League Dark are both classics.

Presumably no. Primordial doesn't do anything if your form/species is unique, so unless you're a pure Aristotele it won't have any effect.

Jean is back and she’s making all the smart people gay !

Please for the love of God just tell me that's just an edit.

Nope.

I'm trying to work on some for people in the Everyone Else is a Returnee jump...
Probably heat resistance, various material supplies, various blacksmithing perks (I think there is one in generic Xianxia? or maybe Danmachi?), maybe enchanting, etc etc.
A weapon that can shapeshift to fit your needs? If you mean a single weapon though, I'm partial to the Giant Megaphone

Well, that weird Inferno Cop background from Space Patrol Luluco makes you immune to your own attacks.

Wasn't that mentioned in RWBY jump or am I imagining it?

Wouldn't your future self have those perks too?

Keep in mind they could still pick something up and throw it or shoot you with a future gun.

That picture is the reason it was in the RWBY jump.

>Crimson Moon
There literally can only ever be one Ultimate One on a world at any given time iirc. You're gonna have to kill the dude to gain the title subsequent power.

Good fucking luck.

So its a mantle?

But that would just mean that JUMPER has had centuries to plan around your immunity to your own magic dude.

Human Interface from Haruhi can give you understanding of chemical structures and how to work with them

Mana Khemia Alchemy is excellent for being a blacksmith, plus you can get your own workshop. Also, options for resources shipped directly to toy

Bastion has some options for making Caelondian tech, using Burrstone, and the most interesting bit: Fragments. You can see and smith Fragments together to recreate ruined items, weapons, structures, and shrines from the old world, and can work in any Post-apoc/ruin filled setting

I Roll to seduce my older self! I know their fetishes!

Maybe, but meanwhile I can try to convince them that really, I'm not staying in that jump, and wouldn't it make more sense to help me stay alive to make sure I can Move On to the next jump? The problem is that I can't do that if they're erasing the concept of my existence from five miles away or something like that. The one thing the Fourth is good at, is destroying things, and I'd rather those things aren't me or mine.

It's a Mantle that comes with power, much like Dresden's Winter Knight. In this case, the power being the World the Ultimate One originates from empowering them.

>Roll to seduce

So would sailor moon be ultimate one of the moon?

Well, Usagi is a bit of a special case, by special I mean legitimate Creation God tier.

The actual Ultimate One would be Chibi Moon, as her Sailor Crystal is in fact, the Moon's.

You rolled a 1.

This makes me happy for some reason.

How many would take this lovely man as a Benefactor? How would your chain go?

You remember TypeMercury that's chilling on Earth being suppressed by Seven Grand Servants? Yeeeeah, that's basically Mizuno Ami's pet.

I've said it once, and I'm gonna say it again, the Sailor Senshi from Sailor Moon are just so much bullshit.

Badly, I mean him just trying to teach Cyril to be a spy resulted inadvertently with them wrapping up a poisoned prostitute in a rug IIRC.

I hate this archer.

Rusty Katana from Haruhi, since it's basically all of your weapons

You know I just thought about it but, the MC in EER would have made a great mage. Concealment that doesn't drop until he attacks? He could charge up a super spell and dump as much mana as he wants in it without worry.

He would have, but he is bad at magic. He does do amazingly well at killing with a spear though, iirc he walks up to his target at onr point and builds an entire trap around it before he attacks it.

I mean, he isn't bad at it so much as he's the only one who didn't have 10 years to spend training in it. He did make up for this though by making some pretty powerful weapons.

Just saw the previews and cutscenes from new monster hunter. Jesus Christ hunters are insane.

But Cyril was trying to make her stay which resulted in her death. Archer was just shooting the two with ice. Defiantly Cyril's fault.
Or would you rather had Archer's mother as a Benefactor?

Archer did provide the poison pen with a faulty lid though.

Yep. Monster Hunter is a world full of people that look at Godzilla and think "You know, I could make some really nice pants from his teeth."

Benefactors provide us with powers, but people keep dying around us. Who is to blame there? The giver or the accountant that knew he had a poison pen with a faulty cap that he didn't try and get fixed?

Radiation element protection? SWEET! I wonder if I make his tail into a bow if I could shoot lasers.

What would you say is the basic hunting kit for the Beasts in Fate/Grand Order?

Fixed a few things people asked about in my absence. So Here's the newest version of Gokaiger.

Mega potions
Dash juice
Power talon
Armor talon
Flash bomb
Paintball
Pitfall trap
Shock trap
Bland trap and nets
Bugnets
Large barrel bomb+s
Large barrel bombs
Small barrel bomb+s
Well done steaks
Ancient potions

Nobpickaxes? Pleb

Carry a portable stove, spices, pots and pans, utensils and such.
If they're not disturbed by somebody who shows up unarmed yet clearly planning to eat them, you just need to start carving them into steaks until they are disturbed.

I need some super charisma perks, /jc/. Already did DI and skipped over Mephistopheles. This is for the World Engine chain.

Maybe I Wanted You To Smile (Veritas)?

>I Wanted you to Smile (400 CP): There's just something about you. It makes other want to protect that
>smile of yours, sometimes even to their detriment. And woe to all of those who dare try to take it away
>from you- your friends and loved ones will fight tooth and nail to restore it, making sure to destroy
>those who took it away in the first place. You have a tendency of luring in those you spend time with,
>and becoming more and more important to them. They may well build their life around you- but be
>careful not to treat them too unkindly. Heaven has no rage like love turned to hatred after all.

Have you considered Disgaea?

There is one in jorge Joestar

Be a Maker from the Darksiders. They're awesome at crafting stuff.

Could being a Dinosaur in Jurassic Park count as being a Drop-In or no?

>Disgaea
Just reminding me of the series makes me think of Laharl's Hymn.

Someone recommend a good tech jump for a relatively early chain chain jumper please?

Caelondian tech from Bastion is pretty good. You can use Cores and Shards for just about everything imaginable, from electricity, to floating cities, turrets, and even reverse-time machines. Plus I'm sure Rucks would be more than happy to have a fellow engineer to talk shop with

Just tell me something, that Empress chick. Does she end up with the MC?

tenchi

>Empress chick
post pics

You mean the lightning empress (from EER, not BTTH)? Yeah, she does. In fact, when the author set out writing the story, she was going to be the only love interest, but he found he likes Liera (and co) too much so it ended up as a harem.
No proper pics sadly. She should be the one 1 person up and 1 to the left.

>she was going to be the only love interest
Really? She seemed terrible to me. It felt like Lita was going to be the only love interest, and the others were tacked on. I am sad now.

Huh, well thanks for answering my questions. Looking forward to EER Jump.

On a side note, will there be a perk to be good at making jokes like the MC?

Spoilers!

You're jumper and a solitaire are 40 minutes into skulking around the Webway 'n chill when he gives you this look. Wut do?

no problem!
I have one for retorts/interrupts. I could maybe extend that to jokes?
Sorry, meant to put that in spoilers!
[reposted spoiler]
Liera (or Lita as she is known early on) was by far the most developed and probably the closest to him. Empress does get a bit more development near the later bit (as well as inventing new magics thought impossible before, becoming the 'goddess' of magic)

"Dude, give it up. I'm not saying sorry for banging your sister."

The chair you're sitting on. Very few people expect you to twirl out of your seat and then hit them across the head with it.

Just one more example of Marvel Comics having no fucking clue what they're doing anymore.

I'd do it. I'd even let him accompany me into every Jump as a Companion. Happily. I'd set him up with a harem and an infinite supply of all the alcohols and just do my own thing. And if I really needed something solved in the stupidest way possible, I'd trick him into doing it. His plot-armor levels are off the chart.

We'd have a grand old time. Archer isn't all that bad if you know how to handle him. Besides, I think he's pretty funny.

>Not importing Archer as an Archer in Fate

I expect that VR Jump on my desk by the end of the week, Parker.

Actually a very good option, be a tech priest and get all their perks + alpha psyker with technomancy as your speciality. I mean as backwards as the Imperium is they do have many, many nice shinies.

your gonna have to be more specific here? Do you mean VR chat? Cos it's kinda hard to make a jump of a chatroom

Ask if they want to go mess with the Custodes again.

>Cos it's kinda hard to make a jump of a chatroom
Second Life jump never.

Does anyone know of some interesting or strong dragons for me to take with Eternal Bond (FFXI)? I already know about Bahamut, but I wonder if there anymore.

Any perks that make you immune to nausea? I don't ever want to feel this shit again.

Minecraft
Builder
Desert
Crafting table
Iron chests
Not enough items recipe mode
Not enough items cheat mode
Mystcraft

Items
Bonus chest free
Compact solar array
Endless bag of redstone

Drawbacks
Mo creatures
Far lands

Cleanse the WORLD for the Great Ones Cleanse the WORLD for the Great Ones
who greater than you yourmajestyyoursublime natureGreat Ones do I do right?
The flesh and wood serve you unite with the steel you love do you love me too I am what you love. Great Ones see as I do my duty my passion forgive the slowpace the steel takes TIME. Did you like the servants they were the BEST of the cleansed only the BEST for you Great Ones made like you form you assume here on a WORLD to clean to honor you do appreciate please please I will complete the cleansing soon and you can take me away in your ships of FIRE and I can love you and you will love me
forgive the slowpace the steel takes TIME. Did you like the servants they were the BEST of the cleansed only the BEST for you Great Ones made like you form you assume here on a WORLD to clean tohonoryou do appreciate please please I will complete the cleansingsoonand you can take me away in your ships of FIRE and I can love you and you will love me

I am building Great ones, this land shall be remade unto a monument to your glory and your will shall be done unto infinity. Let the beasts of the flesh harvest my ores as I remake them in your image. Your GLORIOUS image. For they are flawed yet they may still have use.

Calm down SCP 962

I met the clipmaker. He did not understand your glory.

Four: Doom 2016
Identity: UAC Researcher
(+400) Stingy
(+600) Ultra Nightmare
(1400) If You Want A Job Done Right...
(Free) Mythos Lore
(Free) The Doom Wiki
(1300) Iron Mind
(1200) Gunsmith
(1000) Argent Power
(700) Argent Cybernetics
(300) Empowered By The Well
(0) Prophecy of the Seraphim

You know, I'm not really a huge fan of meteors. Especially ones that cause such an imbalance in the world that it throws literally everything out of whack.

I'm much less a fan of individuals that can actually DO something about it and demand that you fight them first to prove that the world's worth saving. They live here too, for pete's sake.

Idiot Rayquaza.

In any event, the remainder of the decade is pretty pleasant. In the end though, my theory is that when the clock ran out, if I'm in the warehouse when it ran out, I'd keep going. If I wasn't... then I wouldn't, simple as that. After a lot of agonizing and a lot of tears, everyone else decided that they wanted to stay. Most of the worlds that I know of, out there? They're not exactly pokemon-friendly. And... as fun as it has been here, I can't really see myself settling down forever. I want to see what else there is, out there.

And so I'm in the warehouse, stocked full of supplies from this world as well, waiting for the clock to tick down. And it does, and the portal closes. I find myself in human form again - a mental 'switch' of sorts feels to be there, and toggling it a few times, I find myself swapping between forms. When the clock resets... well, I'm back in human form, but who knows what I'll find out there? I load up the backpack with useful things like medical kits and toss in a stack of dollar bills for good measure in case I'm back in a modern day setting, before memories and knowledge click into place like that mental switch did a few minutes ago. As well as feeling metal shifting against and under my skin where there was nothing before.

Lovely.

I take out useless the stack of bills. I add as many first aid supplies as I can fit. And then I go over to another rack and load up as many guns as I can, as well as appropriate attire. I shudder, momentarily, before I step through the portal and into a research facility somewhere on Mars.

Short checklist of things to do, in no particular order: find out whether my concrete is as effective at blocking demonic energy as it is for conduit energy, either revamp Olivia Pierce's cybernetics or kill her, find some way to also kill Samuel Hayden, find some way to change protocols into the research into Argent energy or shut it down entirely .. well, no, that means a dark age for humanity.

Possibly acceptable losses there, though. Beats the hell out of demons destroying everyone and everything.

I expected that everything would go spectacularly wrong. I never expected that things might go spectacularly RIGHT. At least, up until the point that Pierce flips her lid, gets me flagged as an industrial saboteur, gets literally everyone in the research base to shoot me on sight, triggers the lazarus wave (turns out that encasing myself in a concrete shell is an effective shielding method), and... well.

At least the Doom Slayer didn't shoot at me. God knows everyone else tried to.

With such trouble finding ammunition, I had to get creative with what I had. I beat so many demons to death with my tonfa, not to mention having to get creative with conduit abilities. Also, why does my concrete look more like red marble than slate? Seems more resilient, too. At least if I fashion armor out of it, it looks suitably stylish. And is largely fireproof. And making massive concrete weapons is actually very much possible as long as you've got the absurd strength necessary to swing it and are happy with them being blunt.

...and I have to deal with ten years of this? Ugh. Can't wait until that clock ticks down to zero again.

Yep.

Although the fact that I had to go check to confirm kindof does make me a little sad. What a state we're in, where something like that seems plausible.

What she actually did, taking a cursory glance at the comic online, is mindmeld with that group of thinkers so that they could all come up with a happy ending for mutant kind. Real happy ending shit.
But in doing so she accidentally stumbled across another telepath, who was also controlling people, who had a hissy fit that she was actually changing people's minds and upsetting the status quo, so they blew up one of the mindmeld's heads on national TV while Jean was doing her thing, making it look like a mutant head exploded an innocent person and fucking up the whole thing. The comic ends shortly thereafter.

As seen here, apparently attempting to change the status quo gets your head exploded by evil telepaths. But not before they'll taunt you about how you're getting in their way.

Honestly, that's just as stupid.

If it is relatively, it depends on your level. Nanoha has pretty good magitech, and the jump can give you enough to survive. Negima might have too high powerlevels for your taste despite the Gift of Chao being a very good tech perk, but you could probably just ignore the whole plot. Marvel, Rick&Morty, Futurama and Girl Genius all have extremely good tech perks, but you definitely don't want to go to any of them without a good number of jumps under your belt and a plan. You can be a tinker on Worm and you shouldn't have much problem so long as you don't make many waves. The reverse engineering perk in Sekirei is always useful and you could use it on high-tech jumps that don't have tech perks such as KOTOR or Star Wars OT, but Clone Wars and X-Wing Series have engineering perks.

>Futurama
>Requiring a plan and multiple other Jumps.
An idiot missing most of a working brain regularly survives this world. I think people will be fine without having to be late-game Jumpers.

Marvel is such a terrible place to live, that I kind of understand where the evil telepath is coming from even. The idea of a status quo in Marvel is a bad joke. Space is a lawless free for all, the mystic enforces of order are assholes and the Avengers have tried to commit genocide more frequently in recent times than fucking DORMAMMU. And the status quo itself is pretty damn awful, because it's the reason why Richards has never been charged with war crimes or terrorism, and LITERALLY ruined Loki's life.

But, statistically, Jean Grey announcing she knows da wae is far, far more likely to be a prelude to her going crazy and demolishing everyone nearby with Phoenix powers than anything anyone would actually want.

In Marvel, Flowey was right about everything.

>tfw no Chrno Crusade Jump
And on case you were wondering, that is where this image came from

>fat tail
>underwhelming tits
Sad.