The BEST DND podcast

Irrefutable

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K_gXtaG5orw
youtube.com/watch?v=YUreY5uhlD0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's okay I guess. Just not really my style and has brought a whole lot of tumblr into the hobby. I also don't really find the McElroys funny in this

It's okay (I listened to the whole balance arc) but insanely cutesy.

The music griffin makes bumps though.

It was fine up until the final hour where there was a flashback arc in the middle of the finale. The grander the plot got the more frustrating listening was.

user, you clearly posted the wrong picture

I tried so hard to listen to this. The humor is so forced and unnatural that it is unbearable.

>DnD Podcast
>Good
Pick one.

it was okay I want to see them do one where he really punishes them.

if griffin wasn't obsessed with writing some dumb book then yea, it would have been. but he had to fuck it up completely during the last arc.

what this user said,

past that fun house arc it goes irrevocably to shit because the DM goes full railroad bullshit. The months of flashback shit killed any enjoyment I had for that pod, haven’t even started their new super hero one.

The Wacky Races/Mad Max arc was awesome though

I didn't listen to the Superhero one, but I can't stand Travis's girl voice. He constantly sounds skeptical, and in a really obnoxious way. Someone in another thread mentioned it, but it feels like he has really bad Taco envy, but he doesn't realize what made Taco funny in the first place (and that he doesn't have those qualities as a roleplayer)

I'm partial to DnD is For Nerds, but I might be biased since they're Australian.

I made it 5 seconds in, and between the poor audio quality, and "poppa" I just quit. I found better, less annoying things out there.

spbp
RPG podcasts are absolute shit

I remember liking this one (though this was the first D&D podcast I listened to). I remember especially getting hyped throughout The Suffering Game, though that might have been because of the music.
A shame Griffin dropped the ball on the last arc though. Hopefully that will not occur in the next campaign.

Stolen Century was a slog, but I listened to it all after it was done so I didn't quite experience quite the same gap for the finale

>Have no internet for a couple of months
>Download most of TAZ from the library
>Listen to it and enjoy it
>Near the end in an intermission they talk about controversy regarding Takkos skin colour
>The blue skin used in the comic was considered offensive because it wasn't black
>Latino was considered offensive because his name is Takko
I'm just annoyed that the Tumblr drama managed to reach me even when I had no internet access

>the blue skin was considered offensive
Jesus, I had no idea about that. I could maybe see people being pissed that Merle wasn’t tan seeing as he’s supposed to be a beach dwarf, but come the fuck on. He’s a fucking elf, he can be any color he wants

Clint + Justin + 2-3 other people who aren't griffin and Travis would be best Rpg podcast of all time.

Petals to the Metal was fucking sick. It felt so Mad Max, but Griffin said the actual inspiration was Fast and the Furious which is hilarious.

Now that I play more d&d (to be fair TAZ is what got me into it) I realize how true it is that Griffin turns into a railroading asshole.

BUT that also is just how the family wants to play, and I think with the goal being "produce entertaining audio" rather than "play traditional d&d down to the letter" they did well.

Surprisingly Clint is the best actual roleplayer

Listened up to the second quest (the train one). Does it get any less lolsorandumb?

How can't anyone stand their fucking voices

My lady friend says they each have kids - how the fuck did they manage that if their balls haven't even fucking dropped

I mean, is it because they're effeminate little nu-male faggots who kowtow to the whims of hysterical authoritarian neo-leftists on Tumblr? I imagine that would cause your testes to die and your voice to become an obnoxious, effete whine like theirs.

>calls his partner his lady friend
>calls anyone else a nu-male

That’s only because it’s a ladyboy that grew up

Yes, it gets really good for a few, then steadily worse until it ends. I'd recommend sticking with it until it gets shitty again.

>I'm a 17 year old redditor faggot and I've never seen the big Lebowski

She's not my special lady, she's my fucking lady friend, faggot. You're out of your fucking element, Donny.

>this triggers the faggot McElroy fan
You have a squeaky nu-male faggot voice too, I can tell.

This is kinda sad

Clearly just trying to start shit.

Are you kidding? He does some funny character actions, but he is completely incapable of reading a mood and working appropriately with it. The Stolen Century Arc wasn't the best, but I can remember that one part where the party made the artifacts and we're morning all people killed by their actions,and Clint has Merle dancing and celebrating.

No RPG podcast comes even close to the brazilian podcast Nerdcast, and you gringos will never know how great it is to listen to masterpiece of humor and editing that is the rpg specials of nerdcast

Their recent arc shits all over pbta. By definition, pbta hands 99% of the world direction over to the players but Griffin is obsessed with the sound of his Ira Glass wannabe voice and railroads the fuck out of it.

Why even roll dice? What's the fucking point if you're just gonna ignore the die results and continue telling your lame story?

Also, whenever their characters respond in an off the script way, Griffin doesn't roll with it anymore. His NPCs chuckle awkwardly and then continue reading off the script.

>Their recent arc shits all over pbta.
That's not really a big deal given that pbta is already a steaming pile of shit to begin with.

>57880077
I fucking hate the sound of their voices because they honestly do sound like numale soyboys when not speaking in character.

Okay keep rolling your d20s faggot.
>lolomgnat20guize!!1!!

Kys

>stop liking what I don't like.

This, Critical Role doesn’t cave to tumblr fans.

Nerd Poker is pretty good. I appreciate the effort they put in to being audibly fat, old, drunk and gross.

It seems pretty obvious that Amnesty is what they're pushing to be the next full series and I hope they don't. Griffin and Travis have been insufferable.

Fuck yes this. The fatbeard in me is pleased.

Check out Bards & Nobles

I unironically love Yogscast's game night channel, and I'm unsure how to feel about that

superhero one is pretty good, kinda hoping they pick it back up or at least have their dad continue GMing since he's fun and I sense he'd be a lot better if he didn't have some stupid fucking one shot requirement on writing a plot.

I know I ask this every thread, but do you guys have any advise for someone starting an RPG podcast?

Merle is pretty chill with the concept of death since he worships trees and shit. Also he's explained that Merle is pretty self centered.

Don't

Edit the fuck out of it. Cut out everything that isn't interesting or entertaining and if you don't have enough left for a podcast then just don't.

SOUND EFFECTS and music when fitting. Just generally know how to edit audio.

Too late
I've actually gotten a lot better at that with the latest couple episode
So far the only time I've added music is as a short gag as an episode starter and sometimes when we need to stop the recording I'll add a little musical bit. I've been toying with the idea of adding some themes for characters but I completely fail any time I try to write even the simplest melodies.
I appreciate the advice

Wait is it out already Wots it called?

ODAMcast. The first episode has some pretty inexcusable audio problems and we're all pretty cringy, but I think we've got some potential.

>DND
Why does it have to be DND ?

Man. I'm not saying Koebel is the best or worst, but what I do have to say is that if I was in one of his games and a named female character ever showed up?

Woman are two things in his worlds, either they are "Correct" or they are the BBEG's lieutenant and tough fight.

So if there is even a CHANCE that they'll listen to you- which is likely, just put down all your gears and things and do what ever she says. It's not that you can't take her in a fight, it's that woman in his world(s) always have the 'correct' plot choices. And even if they don't? The chances of you being steered wrong by them are slim.

He plays that progressive card so hard it hurts...

with the last few mini arcs it isn't a D&D podcast. it's a tabletop podcast.
Also I wish they would do more D&D not this monster of the week superhero stuff.

How can it be good if it's racist? The character who's name sounds like mexican food isn't even mexican.

But OP, it's not even a DND podcast anymore.
They abandoned that system and went in search of something that had less rules so they didn't have to read as much.

>The Wacky Races/Mad Max arc was awesome though

It was Fast and the Furious: Wacky Races edition, dude. Complete with Undercover Cop Falls In with Car Based Super Thief.

>Someone in another thread mentioned it, but it feels like he has really bad Taco envy, but he doesn't realize what made Taco funny in the first place

Given his characters thus far in the other games, 100% this. First he did "obstructionist aloof and effeminate" then he did "irreverant, effeminate and prone to non-sequitors. Also, Magic"

He's trying to be the new Taako. Which sucks, because Taako was the worst of the three of them.

>OP is a fucking nonce
That's irrefutable

The first one was ok for a while but once it started getting near what I presume was the end it got too annoying and up its own ass to bear anymore. Trying to do emotional flashbacks and shit with their stupid ass characters absolutely did not work and drug it all down, so when it turned into almost nothing but that exact thing I had to back the fuck out. I don't even know if you can legit call it a "DND podcast" since they barely use the game rules and nearly everything is completely made up and fast and loose beyond belief; Absolutely nothing exists within their campaign that feels like Dungeons and Dragons.

I tried the first episode of their newer season but as soon as they all three rolled female characters and ALL started talking in a shitty embarrassing high-pitched/soft voice to try and roleplay I realized it was absolutely not for me at all. I don't know if they knock that the fuck off but I'm not particularly interested in finding out.

Blaine DMing was a, frankly, unbearable slog I would never recommend to anybody. Just like a year of nothing but killing colour coded giants.

Thank god that Dan stepped up to DM and include shit like NPCs, and Villains with Character Names, and Shit that doesn't end with fighting a fucking Giant.

I recently started this one. I was listening to taking initiative, and then they had the crossover “Tomb of Annihilation” episodes. The players from DND is for nerds stood out to me. They made fun Tabaxi brothers.

Brazilian humor isn't funny though

Yeah he's a massive faggot, Veeky Forums knows that.

>Wanted to go back and listen to their first run with Mr. Sark as their DM
>it's behind a paywall
fuck RIGHT off

Whats the best dnd podcast when it comes to character interactions? I listened to the adventure zone but I didn't really feel like the characters had much of a connection but when I played it with my friends we all had our own little inside jokes with our characters and we all got along amazingly. I'm just trying to get that feeling back, bros.

I'm you give me a bit, I might be able to help with that.

And yeah, that jaywalking bullshit is why they aren't on Earwolf anymore. Specifically that Earwolf wouldn't let them do a paid episode to raise money for Dan's cancer treatment in a way that made it all about money for Dan's cancer treatment.

I know 1d4chan keeps lists of recommended movies and anime and shit, but is there a masterlist for good Veeky Forums podcasts? I tried getting into some 40k podcast and not 10 minutes into the first episode they're talking about female representation in GW models.

Harmontown's first D&D campaign=a best
just two old dudes getting back into roleplaying after a thirty years break

youtube.com/watch?v=K_gXtaG5orw

I really like NPC Cast, but it's not a d&d podcast or a let's play. They just discuss rpgs in general. It's really good!

Here’s a difference between people who use tabletop as a storytelling medium and people who use tabletop to play a game where success and failure of the characters dictate the story.

I tried to get into it and literally didn't get 20mins into the 1st episode

>Panders to sjw gender queer "muh diversity" fan base
>Creates a dumbass mechanics system with no sense to it
>Stops interacting with audience via name drops because of snowflake outrage
>Forced to basically beg fans they aren't racist/sexist/homophobe
>"irrefutable"

Okay

Are you kidding me? Matt constantly crams in characters who's pronouns are "they"
I was okay with it when it was a fucking brass dragon, theres a case to be made. But the most recent episodes have had 2 androgynous elves, one of which is using "they" pronouns.
It's funny to me watching all these progressive Californian libtards trip over themselves, constantly forgetting to call some random NPC "they" and getting corrected by the DM, or the number of time's they call Sam's character "he" in character and correct each other. Even they can't organise their own nonsense.
Not to mention the lesbian relationship out of nowhere last season.
Gay PC
The fact that in his campaign guide Matt Mercer literally details how Tal'Dorei is based on America and the land once had a problem with "human supremacy", but now Emon (LA) now has a thriving immigrant populations which is threatened by gentrification.

CR is as SJW as it comes

Is that what they did before Harmon Quest? Because that was incredibly inconsistent, plus Harmon is a lunatic if you've never seen the rant where he unironically says 33% of Americans are Nazis.

>Because that was incredibly inconsistent
Yup that's the nature of the show. But the highs were a lot higher than in HarmonQuest. I really loved some episodes like the Matt Gourley one.
youtube.com/watch?v=YUreY5uhlD0
>Harmon is a lunatic
Sure.
>Nazis blah blah blah
Eh. Hyperbole. People often get dumb and tribalistic when politics get involved.

>likes the Big Lebowski
>calls anyone else a redditor

>You enjoy things!?
>REDDITREDDITREDDITREDDIT!

>Not liking Big Lebowski
What's it like having such shit taste

>He doesn't like The Big Lebowski
>Being this contrarian
Are you going to call Citizen Kane and Casablanca shit too?

>Eh. Hyperbole
Hyperbole about what though? Because he quotes a very specific percentage "33%", 1/3 of Americans, that doesn't seem like hyperbole that sounds like he's quoting a study or some kind of evidence. Can't be Trump voters because that would be closer to 49% so what makes him say 1/3 of Americans are Nazis?

He's from /v/, and on /v/ anything that other human beings find enjoyment in is automatically shit

You're going to regret asking that question when you-know-who shows up

It's objectively one of reddit's favorite movies

>You're going to regret asking that question when you-know-who shows up
Voldemort?

Nah, it's definitely "Rolling into the DMs."

Just kidding I never update it and it sucks anyway

So? It's a good movie you contrarian prick
/pol/

at least u tried ;_;
what is it about?

Try Neoscum, its sorta hectic in the earlier episodes. However it can be pretty funny.