Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Fresh meme edition, praise the Omnissiah ok?

>texanons get a cafe
warhammer-community.com/2018/02/07/texas-ahoygw-homepage-post-3/
>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and such
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer 40k
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_imperiumisacuck,acuck!FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Old

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wxWgsqSf74s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

40k is fun!

First for eldar themed cuckery.

Pay no attention to those bolters, we purposely made them wrong... as a joke.

forge world fucked up on those space wolf sculpts

So glad my sons were spared

5th for the best kabal in Commorragh

ill never buy fw again after how theyve handled these fuck ups 2bh. ching chong chinaman gets my money from now on.

Is FW run by the Irken or something?

i'm never buying from them again because my last couple of orders have been garbage quality. The trust is now gone

The Thousand Sons are a later greco-egyptian with a strong undercurrent of Persian and Zoroastrian.
The Necrons are old kingdom Egypt with notes of Aztec.
So all in all quite different.

I love playing 40k with competitive soup armies and painting my models.

k

It's a shame that the most aesthetic army was forever denied plastic.

I mean, if you think female characters exist solely as an opportunity for menstruation jokes, sure. Though 40K as a setting doesn't provide much opportunity for anyone, regardless of gender, to do much besides be grimdark and some shade of upset.

Bligh dying really fucked them, didn't it?

Yet they weren't spared from that paintjob
What a twist of fate

yes

But what about the extremely similar processes of the Necrontyr becoming Necrons, and the Thousand Sons going Rubric?

yeah 30k is basically dead in the water, id bet. he was 100% of the talent at the company, and even then the last HH book has horrible rules writing.

GW and their current sculpting style couldn't handle the baroque majesty that is the ecclesiarchy anyway

Anons, where do you get your bits from these days? I need to get the end-cap/breach seal for an Earthshaker cannon and am having a bitch of a time finding one.

>implying you can even afford something other than counterfeit chinese resin abortions
You aren't fooling anyone, you delusional poorfags.

chinas quality is literally better than fw, you are just a brainlet.

um, sweetie, have you even seen actual fw models? I don't think so.

so deldar, tau and crons friends, what are you hoping for in your upcoming codexes?

FW shills in full force I see.

Big Celestine tits right in my face

I use Btizbox, they're reliable but the range isn't always fantastic. And they rarely do much in the way of vehicle bitz

I legitimately have no idea how they fucked those up so badly.
I mean
>They're horrendously overpriced
>Made of meh quality resin
>Regular casting deformites
>Parts warp all the goddamn time
>Terrible rules
>Shipping costs a tonne
>Backwards as fuck release schedule
>Horrendously overpriced (it deserves to be two, dammit)
Literally their only defense was that the sculpts themselves are great quality, good looking minis, if you can tolerate everything else, but now that they've gone and fucked that up worse than GW ever could, do any legitimate defenses for FW's existence exist?

>sweetie
what are you fucking gay?

Just asked over twitch if Magnus could power the astronomicon, the lorenerd talking just said "probably not" and "I am not convinced"

anit-FW shills in full force I see.

>everyone who disagrees is part of the conspiracy!

>Actual ICs
>Something close to 5ed strength
>Rules that make us fast n brittle, unless you are Coven then it's Morale fuckery and toughness
>Webways as wargear
>THE DUKE

uhh cupcake, bolters go rightside up.

lorenerds apparently know no lore now if this is true and not lies told on the internet

thanks user, I'll check it out

forge world "quality" everyone

honey, those are bolters not ordinary guns, you know?

>rip dreams of quints

Yeah and I'm not impressed.

They are, indeed, the most Gothic miniature line in a setting that advertises itself as Gothic. I'd love to see Astra Militarum get a little more of that thrown in as well, now that Cadia exploded.

>look mom! I posted it again!

I don't think that did anything at all regarding quality or pricing, but holy mother of shit every single publication they've put out since then has been utter trash. It's like they're putting in zero effort, know they're putting out shit and don't even give a fuck about it.

whats the explanation for the "fur"? a down syndrome amputee could sculpt better fur.

Yes. That it was one upgrade sprue for one model.

>look mom! I posted it again!

From all my experiences Chinese guys have better quality control than FW.

FW may make great sculpts, but they have fucking no quality control whatsoever in terms of reproducing it, it seems.

Well it's a good thing that upside down fronts are ok and every other bolters we've seen has it... oh wait.

Imagine paying for that shit instead of just buying two fucking boxes of standard troops

Fucking Forgejews

Bligh apparently did literally everything
Or was the only one who cared enough to motivate everyone to do things and do them well, and now that he's gone nobody has filled in his space for quality control or grunt-whipping, so their releases have stagnated in both quantity and quality.

wow, and it only cost the low low price of 60 pounds.

>New thread
>Instantly devolves in to shitposting
Whats even the point of these threads?

Also, anyone hoping for a game this weekend?

Y'know, the crons would look way better if they were based on the Chinese rather than the Egyptians.
>Ancient empires reawaken
>Prevalence of polearms
>Abundance of jade
>Constant bickering between Lords
>Asian Void Dragon
>Terracotta warriors
>Lamelar armor, since the crons already have lamelar capes
>Pagodas over pyramids
>High value placed on technological advancement
>MUST REGAIN FORMER GLORY.exe
>Silent King
>Kung Fu robots
>Philospher kings
>Undead Buddhism vs Taoism vs Confucianism in space

>Whats even the point of these threads?

No releases, and shills defending shit. What did you expect?

Notice how he doesn't actually have a defence for shit resin just memes.

He is the writer of TS lore apparently, you can check it out yourself now that he's live

>the duke
fuck i forgot about the duke. why were all the deldar IC's so fucking based in terms of cool special rules in 5th?

FW should hire me to beat their retards who cant sculpt. ill do it for free, in honor of alan bligh, but i expect payment in the form of me being allowed to beat lourie (((ghoulding)) to death.

I seriously doubt the chinks will replace fucked up casts like FW will.

>defending and arguing anything on anonymous resin casting chinese boarding school billboard

They tried to fix the Repressor kit, but that one was beyond fuck.

but user that was his entire reason for existing basically

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.

*citation needed*

Is there a 3rd party mini/bits maker you're fond of?

Shitposting about irrelevant things you can't control or afford is still shitposting

Imagine if you will that your lead developer did the bulk of his work at home on his personal computer and that being as he wasn't expecting to die he didn't get around to sharing things like passwords. Not that his waifu would even know what she'd be looking for even if she were inclined to hand it over to the company that he seemingly dedicated his every living moment to

>geedub's twitch has ads
the fuck is this heresy?

Some of them actually will.

My dream changes for Tau markerlights:

1: Re-roll 1's to hit
2: Ignore bonuses from cover
3: Units may move/advance and fire
4: +1 to shooting rolls
5: Missile and Rail weapons do not need LoS to target squad, suffer -1 to hit

The idea is that Missiles seek, obviously, and that Rail weapons can just punch clean through terrain. As for Seeker Missiles, just buff them to hit on normal BS or something, they're pretty ass right now.

>he gets adds

Depends on the chink, like I said last thread, I've tried to get replacements from z and Sylvia White and they both basically told me to fuck off

Sorry user but not all of us can be payed to defend shit, tell your bosses that they are shit for me.

Necron codex! YAAAAY!

So Veeky Forums, in 8th how do normal fluffy armies hold up against the units that were cheez as fuck in 7th? For example a nid army that’s a good mix vs centurion/Ss terms/psyker spam.

I played agains some fun armies but wondering about 7th retard lists.

Does Bethesda own the rights to the Daedric Script? Because if they do then GW's got some explaining to do.

Some will, most won't. If they're smallish in popularity they probably will. Z won't. What the fuck do you expect? Do you think FW's prices are just whatever? That factors in custom service and tax and transport and shit.

Spellcrow are cute. Can't call you an IG nazi if your dudes are wearing murrican gear.

And yet, as a consumer communicating with other consumers and creating awareness of a potential downward trend in quality of a shared hobby product, control is exactly something we can do, or at the least create pressure and let the company know their mistakes are recognized and that they need to do better in the future.

*Most* cheeseball lists were gutted into oblivion, atm psychic spam is still strong, but aside from that its fine
And tyranids will shit on most things nowadays because of hive guard, genestealers, and biovores

Make them like hunter killer missiles then sure.

el goblino

I hope you can at least afford english language lessons. I'll ask my bosses for shitposter scholarship programs for you!

Then do it in another thread or on facebook or something. Not in /40kg/.

It was an upgrade kit for 5 models. Cast too, so no sprue.

But shitposting aside, this is legitimately one of the only objective ways you can fuck up a model Everything else could be justified, but apparently people were paying so little attention to anything an employee fell asleep on the CAD program and modeled the bolters upside down, and then sent that off to his boss who gave it the thumbs-up, and then sent it on to the casters, the prototypers, the painters, the webstore guys, and NOBODY noticed they modeled the gun upside down. We give GW shit for requiring erratas for their erratas, but they've never put a squad of space marines on boxes with upside down pauldrons, and FW is a much smaller company, where the managers should be able to make the rounds of the office and check up on every single project being worked on in less than a day, at most.
It's a small thing, but what other objective fuck ups could actually happen, and would they be considered as inconsequential if they put a new listing up proudly displaying a ZOOM IN of the fault with no issues?

Plus pic related is the level of big, serious, centerpiece sculpts FW has started producing.
Look at it.
Look into his eyes and tell me this model is supposed to represent one of the emperor's best friends and most trusted warriors.
FW was difficult to support before, they've jumped over the shark into the trash now.

>Do you think FW's prices are just whatever?
China's prices are still significantly cheaper even with "customs". Nice lame excuse, Forge World shill.

He's just tucking in and getting cozy with his elder scroll. Regular sorcerer bedtime.

Keep up the good fight user! ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWA!

>do not talk about 40k in a 40k thread
Shills know no bounds

Considering the amount of shills here I think it will be just fine to get our message across.

>new thread is already shit
just need some /pol/ and we'll be set

No, I think I'm gonna keep posting about 40k related topics in the 40k general thread instead.

youtu.be/wxWgsqSf74s

>mfw retarded cucks on b&c will STILL buy this shit model

>muh shills

Not only do I buy recast FW, I even buy recast GW.