Cold storage

At what point did you feel like you should be in cold storage?

@$10k. Or if you have any long term positions that you are holding. It makes no sense to keep anything on an exchange these days unless you are flipping them every day or every other day. It only takes one fuckup to screw you. For under $100 i don't know why anybody wouldn't have a Legder or Trezor...

I hit 100k and was like - yeah this is pretty fucking autistic holding my coins on my PC just casually using MEW

Wait so if I were to store my coins on a hard wallet like ledger, does it lock coins in at the current price?

>implying there's something wrong with using MEW.

NEVER TRANSFER NEP5 TOKEN (NEO TOKEN) TO YOUR LEDGER WALLET

It's a Jewish scheme

what's the point of these meme "cold storage" devices

just use a piece of paper

Dude.....this question mentally hurt me

Literally using Windows Defender and just copy pasting my private key from a password protected google docs sheet lul

Im currently 100k on an exchange lol. Am I going to make it?

how new are you bro

Kek

I have 2 trezors, one for backup. Then the seed paper

>implying there's something wrong with paper wallets?

Explain for me. I'd like to know.

I like pink wojacks so I advise not getting one.
that is all.

ledger is just convenient, I don't know why more of you don't have one. probably not playing with any real money.

My friend. I do not want to lose my gains if my coins are lower valued when I check my hard wallet. Are stored coins stored at the value at which they were sold at the time of storage?

have fun when your dumb as FUCK usb key gets fucked somehow, via malfunction damage or otherwise

why not just engrave your wallet into metal

pic related, it's the team that worked on your cOlD sToRaGe DeViCe

The fuck dude. Am i being trolled? where is the hidden camera?

you're stupid and don't know how ledgers work.

>he doesn't know what a recovery seed is

no they will have the same value as everybody elses

Well, yes technically. The coins are stored at the value at which you bought them and remain at that value in your hard wallet until buys and sells happen on the exchange and then the value of your coins change. Even if you hide your wallet in an underground sex tunnel with people with tight anus's walking around, the value of those coins will change. That tunnel might have ants walking around with bits of human skin on them as well?

Yes

Why would you post that here? Do you want to become a target?

the seed is generated by your ledger?

how fucking stupid are you?
inb4 merely pretending

why do you think they call it cold storage

offline = paper wallet = cold storage

hardware wallets on online so they are hot wallets

Don't you get raped by fees whenever you want to move your coins to an exchange in order to make a trade?

so I don't need a ledger for cold storage? how do I generate this paper wallet?

Forgot about that hot/cold shit, but yeah

only if you use bitcoin

hardware wallets are not online. is this bait

yes. I currently have all my bitcoin locked at 19k still, just waiting for the right time to cash out

>mfw i stored btc at 19k value
for how much can i sell them now?

When you want to move your coins OFF of an exchange is when you get raped in your pink anus. But in today's bull market, $15 doesn't mean shit to someone

cold = offline

you use a paper wallet generator

they're multisig wallets you dumb dumb

The only safe way to protect your gains is paper. Here is what mine looks like

each crypto has its own?

wew

I store mine on ledger and all my coins have actually increased in value by 5% because the USB cable it uses adds value

Holy shit you fucking idiot, you just exposed your secret key to everyone.

>bitcoin cash

Link to USB cable?

yeah every crypto is like a different make and model of a car. they all do different shit and have different parts. some are similar, some are upgrades, and some are totally different.

Which is stored on paper, making hardware wallets pointless for long term storage. They are good however for spending, because they can spend not be hot. Although you can do this without a hardware wallet.

i bought one when my shitcoins hit 40k

thanks.

>posts pic of scannable object ment to secure his wealth
Is this a joke?

>Is this a joke?
Yes

OH SHIT! How the fuck do I delete that pic?

Yeah like...I can’t...lol

cool, just stole 100k

>i don't know why anybody wouldn't have a Legder or Trezor...

trust issues

you rely on their hardware being clean to be secure. A potential attacker could artificially limit the keyspace and thereby allow to bruteforce accounts for example. It's much harder to verify hardware compared to open source code.

The safest way is to calculate the encrypted keys by pen and paper, don't even use calculator.

he meant for stuff under $100

does anyone have an opinion on myetherwallet vs metamask? metamask seems easier and if I never visit etherdelta what risk am I really taking?

Also paper vs trezor/ledger seems to be 50/50. the recovery seed is all you need right? effectively making it paper with another access point (the actual hardware wallet)?

Am i missing anything? I'm about to take all my shit off exchanges and have been researching endlessly

Have fun with the tax man

Thank you my friend. I thought this must be too good to be true!

If you're looking to store off exchange all you need is paper. Yes a point of failure for hardware is they have to backed up by paper anyway, but they're good if you want a wallet to spend from without worrying too much.

As for me I just use paper. When I spend I load up the funds on a software wallet, ether from my phone via QR code (Mycelium great for this) or copy it onto my pc. Spend the funds how I want to spend them and send the rest to a new cold storage wallet.

is everyone in this thread from reddit?
some of the weakest bait ever and everyone taking it

I've looked into this and it's not feasible. Even before you get to the ECC, key generation from a BIP39 seed phrase requires 2048 rounds of SHA-512. One iteration of SHA-512 takes 80 rounds of the mixing function. To do one round of the mix function by hand with pen and paper takes about 30 minutes. 30 * 80 * 2048 = 5 million minutes. That's 39 years, assuming you can manage 40 hours a week of calculation.
Really gives you perspective for how fast a modern processor is.

Yes buy this extremely overpriced bullshit product goy.

Both Ledger and Trezor (especially Trezor) are extremely politically charged, why the fuck on earth would I trust either one of these cunting fucks with my money?

A paper wallet is much safer, I personally use paper alongside a USB with a clean version of Ubuntu installed.

I've had normie coworkers ask me this, people are pouring their savings into this without the slightest idea what it is

The
Absolute
State of
Biz

this whole thread is cancer with blind retards teaching blind fuck face retards

For comparison, a GPU password cracker can do that entire multidecade ordeal half a million times a second.

Why?

God damn, you have to be one dumb motherfucker. Why are you even in cryptos?

cuz it doesn't support neo tokens, probably

I have to go to sleep, and I strongly dislike your language, or else I would have let my bait fester.

You are the dumb motherfucker for taking obvious bait, and you may want to reconsider your use of the Lord's name.

Bought the nano s at $5k. Might buy another if my portfolio grows in currencies or I might buy that ledger tablet thing. Anyone have any experience with that one?

F U C K I N G L O L
L
O
L

google: "tether crypto"

Reviews look bad. Don't bother user, instead buy yourself a good fireproof safe

Why are you guys so fucking retarded in this thread. The entire point of hardware wallets is that you can use them TO SECURELY SPEND YOUR FUCKING COINS, which you cant do with a fucking paperwallet, because at some point your private key needs to touch a PC with internet access (unless you cold-sign, but that is essentially using a second PC as a hardware wallet).

Whatever the market price is genius

This. You baby dick clowns should be keeping your HODL coins in a 9001% deep freeze state, and keeping your small stash of everyday spending coins or trading coins in a hardware wallet

Deep freeze:
>Air-gapped machine with wireless card physically removed, full disk encryption with Veracrypt, store wallets in an encrypted container, use extremely strong password, store your SENSITIVE_DATA in encrypted form on MicroSD cards that you have multiple copies of in fireproof safes, safety deposit boxes, your leather fiat wallet, your parents house, etc.
>SENSITIVE_DATA in this case equals your private keys but essentially this is just your seed phrase for your wallet, be it software or hardware

>muh faraday cage

And to think I actually considered buying something from these fucking nu-males...

Thanks user, I forgot that, you need one of those too. I suggest you also wrap your fingers in tin foil while typing in case you have sub-fingernail implants transmitting signals and listening for the resultant exfiltrated data

You can never be too careful. I suggest using a hat with a mirror visor as well in case someone is watching you, and ALWAYS, I repeat, ALWAYS sit with your back to a wall which you've swept for radio frequencies beforehand. You have no idea how small pinhole cameras can get nowadays

Needless to say, this is not even remotely enough to keep you safe, but it's a good state

This is too retarded to be a larp. Think about that.