The Appeal of Nonhuman Women

So, in a typical D&D style fantasy setting, why might some human men look for love outside of their own race? What race(s) would guys be most attracted to, and why?

Also, post non-human women, please? It's not against the board rules?

Other urls found in this thread:

mygirlfriendisadm.wordpress.com/category/the-art-of-4th-edition/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Dwarves: Strong, tough, women who believe in the adage "work hard, play hard". They'll work all day, they'll make sure it's done right, and then they'll spend the night eating, drinking, telling songs & stories, and doing their best to test the limits of your bed. Plus, they're the closest thing in D&D canon to a shortstack race... I think? I don't know if this actually counts as that.

Because they're failures who can't get human women.

Different races may have different standards of "beauty", so a female dwarf that's unable to grow a proper beard may be perfectly happy to hook up with a short-but-stocky bearded human male that doesn't match the current preference in human society...
That and human sexuality covers a lot of damn wierd stuff!

>Dwarf Warlock Concept
>Dwarf
>Doesn't have a beard

Devas: Basically elves, but turned up a notch or three. They're literally angels who gave up the heavens to walk amongst mortals; that's a pretty big ego-boost to know you've caught the eye of a former member of the celestial hosts.

>What race(s) would guys be most attracted to, and why?

That's only true if the guy's looking for a stable relationship...

Carlos, you son of a bitch!

Why is it we have this thread every day?

Every day until you like it!

no sane person would find lesser species attractive

I'm sorry, user. Don't lose hope, I'm sure you'll find someone someday.

>no sane person
user, this IS Veeky Forums !

user furries exist in real life.

4e dwarf women are pure sex, I love it.

You’re awful bait aside (really, it’s too blunt), interspecies romance is the epitome of degeneracy. Not even a /pol/tard, but you know how stupid people are. People will be fucking animals the more normalized interspecies sex gets (because they’re fucking stupid)

Oh? Why do you think 4e dwarf women look sexy?

You say that, but how fucking awkward would the sex be? You’d need a stepladder for doggy and missionary would be hilarious

By seeing them as just humans with _____.
The ancient Greeks looked at the random distribution of stars and saw virgins, hunters and maidens. The Japanese tell stories about Cranes turning into beautiful women. The Welsh and Persians saw sheep and saw women. Hell, the biological community in the modern era had to warn its members to stop attributing human emotions and thoughts to the animals they studied.
The point is that Humans are very good at anthropomorphizing Nonhumans, even inanimate objects and objects that require huge logical leaps to even construe as vaguely humanoid. And if it's human enough to see it's human enough to bone. Recent archaelogical evidence today suggests that humans have been boning neanderthals for well over 100,000 years up till their extinction; outside of the part of humanity that never left Africa, everyone else alive today has had an ancestor who at one point looked at a Neanderthal and thought "close enough."
In a fantasy world where so many (more or less) intelligent humanoid species exist, it would only be natural that some subset of the population would be able to think of them as humans with something extra. When you look at something as almost-human as an elf, dwarf or orc, it probably wouldn't take a huge jump for some part of humanity to begin seeing them not as elves or dwarves or centaurs, but humans with pointy ears, short humans with beards or humans with horse pussy.

>how fucking awkward would the sex be?
>You’d need a stepladder
>Centauress' ass isn't any higher than it's be on a human woman, just further back

have you ever been next to a horse? i'm not a manlet and horses definitely are far above dick level when they're next to me. stupid fucking urbanite

>Centaurs have to be the size of horses

Why?

This may be because of my major size fetish but I'd go with giants and/or really small creatures. When you see what people are capable of doing with hamsters, you can extrapolate pretty easily on what humans would do with cute little fairies.

Look at the art. stocky, but voluptuous and strong. and their hair is just big and unf. A woman you go on an adventuring campaign with, then marry her when you retire with her to some hamlet and make sweet love to her every night and pump out some strong Mul. 4e dwarves have good genes.

4e really gave them a very unique look too if you really check out the art, all their decorations (namely on women) armor and weapons have a very geometric look. Nothing fancy by human standards, it's functional and maybe some runes are transcribed into them. Compare 3/5e dwarf art with 4e dwarves.

Not to mention it looks like it's one artist that did all that dwarf art, who is it?

because generally centaurs aren't pony sized, they're horse sized? it's obvious

>Not to mention it looks like it's one artist that did all that dwarf art, who is it?

A dead man. No, seriously, we had a thread about his death less than a week ago.

Actually, 4e's dwarf women were done by a couple of different artists, I think. I know at least two of them were done by Eva Widermann. I can't post them myself, but you'll find them if you google her name.

What if I told you that not every horse is a Hannoverian and horses actually had to be bred for size before people could even ride them?

Mermaids are an obvious choice as well, with the whole seducing sailors shtick they have. Of course there is a danger factor but that certainly didn't stop people.

>why might some human men look for love outside of their own race?
because they like that particular lady, same as anything, and it happens that she isn't a human
jesus, it's not rocket surgery

Same reasons as nonhuman men.

And don't even try imagining cowgirl!

I can't offer you any sweeping generalizations, user. Only the knowledge human-Halfling pairings seem to be very rare.

F

>Appeal of Nonhuman Women
>Post a short stack
>Not something actually attractive
Poor show OP

>why might some human men look for love outside of their own race?
She's hot and/or has a good personality

>What race(s) would guys be most attracted to, and why?
Me personally?
Always had a fondness for the more amazonian depictions of orc girls and I would a werewolf girl

I've sorta seen art for how a centaur girl could fuck a guy with her being on top, needed a lot of padding though and she had to be careful to keep her full weight off of him

Because they're not real, thus they'll never say no or judge you.

Honestly, though, I did the harem protagonist bit once. Obviously, it didn't stick. Granted, I'd hate being grilled over every little thing, but a girl who never disagrees with me on anything, who never even acts on her own behalf? I couldn't live with that, and that's from someone who couldn't bother initiating courtship if his life depended on it.

Then again, that probably says more about me.

>Claims shortstacks are unattractive
>Doesn't post a pic to show what is attractive
Poor show user

That's a lot more people than you can begin to imagine. Media fucks up a lot of people because it makes something like going up to people and saying "Hi I think you're cute" so easy when it's not (even though it is at the same time) especially for people who have a hard time socializing both male and female.

When it comes to games of pretend it's not surprising we also imagine our perfect mate with all these exotic features because it's a coping mechanism.

So don't feel bad about it. I can't sit here and tell you it's easy to go out and do something because it's not. I nearly spilled my spaghetti all over the place going out to a bar and dancing with a friend of mine but it's valuable baby steps.

The beard.

I can imagine a wizard so paranoid and insecure that he cannot romantically commit to any person he does not share a consciousness with, so he constructs a homunculus from his own essence. A homunculus shares your blood, your thoughts, and your life (they die if you die). What other creature is connected to you on such a profoundly intimate level?

Giants, for sure.
>don't have to worry about the safety of your wife while you're out adventuring
>your children will be mighty half-giants that can outclass most humans in combat
>there is more woman to love

Just give me a strong independent gnoll female.

Pros
Never complains about your cooking
Nocturnal and so am i
Loves to lazy around
Takes charge in the bedroom
Gluttonous + lazy = thicc
Protects the home front
Never gripes about a messy house
Couldn't care less about having money
Prefers gifts she can eat or smash shit with

Cons
Bad with pets
Glade ain't gonna cover that smell
Might eat you in lean times
Bullying would get old
No blowjobs, ever

In a cosmopolitan D&D city, human men would probably date multiple races without a second thought. Instead of these weird fetishistic rules for 'interracial romance.'

It's the same reason a human woman might look for love outside the species.

The breeding instinct is one of the strongest possible forces in all surviving life, and that system can go haywire very easily to be about nothing but sex.
And once sex is all you're after, you might (you just Might) want to push it to the limit and have someone do something almost entirely incomprehensible to you genitals.

A monster fits the bill. Brave and stupid men out looking for the ride of their life.

I would totally a fairy. Preference for nagas though; dem comfy coils.

>Gnoll waifu
>Con
I don't understand

>Bad with pets
Eh, okay I'll give you that one I suppose

>Glade ain't gonna cover that smell
You'll probably learn to enjoy it, or at least not notice it

>Might eat you in lean times
I find that kinda hot so...

>Bullying would get old
Lies

>No blowjobs, ever
Not with that attitude

i started with pros so i figured i should balance the scales a bit.
But yes, you are right. Really not to big a deal except the maybe getting eaten part, for me anyway. But then again I'm a very good hunter so I'm pretty sure i could keep my gnoll wife very well fed and happy. And it's not like my life has been awash with blow jobs up to this point. I just don't feel like it's a good idea to stick anything in that maw I'm not ok with her eating, especially with a near 3,000 psi bite force.
I don't know about you but I'd enjoy using mu hunting skills to bring in enough food to fatten her up and snuggle with all that fluffy softness. You gotta know the sex would be wild, no pun intended. I guess i could be ok getting eaten if i died during snu snu.

>furries
>sane

Exactly, which is why I stay away from dirty, grubby, ape-ish humans and only court the most noble of elven maidens.

You could always take the route that she actually considers oral sex an activity signalling trust, and a chance to show off her skill.

Verily, We hath found the town whore of roasted beef!

men shall die for this.

Humm, hadn't considered that. Real hyenas tongues are crazy nimble so they can lick marrow out of long bones. Probably be more popular with the ladies but she could probably lick the chrome off a cock just as well. Thanks for talking me even more into my own idea user.

>Why does it always have to be a woman falling for a monster?
This lady clearly hasn't met Veeky Forums.

My only complaint is that I wish the 4e muls were better-looking. I mean, I don't think they've ever not looked hideous, but the best Mul art I saw for 4e looked more like a musclegirl half-elf with a topknot.

Also, for a more positive note, the articles here have some of the better art from 4e in nice, large format.

mygirlfriendisadm.wordpress.com/category/the-art-of-4th-edition/

Heh, no worries. Proud xenophile and lover of 4e's "not all gnolls are evil" fluff, so I have no problems with that idea.

Is point out that centaurs basically have a permanent human rider.

Either the human half is halfling sized or the horse half is horse sized.

I'm too calloused to chuckle but here's a (You) anyway.

I know, right?

Tiefling, devil girls always make me think of women that like naughty bedroom stuff.

I love tiefling girls who are pure, devout and kind.

You do realize the look largely human

>Gluttonous + lazy = thicc
thats not what thicc means you piece of shit. You need to thighs that could crush a watermelon to be proper thicc.

So, query, what are the possible attractions/appealing elements of a female dragonborn?

And I'll remind that it's actually canon that "gleeborn", dragonborn with a stronger than normal tie to copper dragons, are actually known to end up as courtesans to human kings.

>I liek bearded women

He might be an american.

>gnoll waifu
You know, I made a point to not insult anons over their tastes, however different they might be from mine.

But i'm gonna make an exception, just for you.

I believe William O'Connor put the most work into the initial aesthetic.

He died like a week ago, because we can't have nice things anymore.

It seems he worked on a lot of 4e's aesthetics at launch. Also it looks like he meant for tiefling horns to level up.

But does she love you as a man, or are you just a particularly charming pet? Would you prefer it that way?

That is way more bad-ass then what we got printed. Damn.

Seems we could've had tailed digitigrade dragonborn too.

>Compare 3/5e dwarf art with 4e dwarves.
Compare to specifically 3rd? Not any other edition or fantasy art, just 3rd?
Yeah, it does look... ok compared to that narrow scope.

F

Oh hell yeah. Best thing to come out of 4th was the fluff. Love the depth and detail of that playing gnolls splat. Shame what 5th did to them, such a ruinous waste of potential to further expand on them. But then i kinda found 5th to be watered down, over simplified "babys first dungeon crawl" overall. Not bad or unbalanced but kind of beneath a veteran player like me. Which is probably not the most humble way to put that but it really is how i feel when playing it. I prefer a good crunch when i bite into a system. Which is why for all it's flaws i love shadowrun 4th.

That's just a lizardman with horns.

Your autism is showing, you might want to tuck that in. Besides with gnolls monsterous str bonus I'm sure she could crush someones head between them like an egg, even with a generous amount of padding. So by your definition it's still thicc.

Aww just for me? How sweet. I appreciate you going out of your way.

Indeed. Frankly, I think most of 5e's racial fluff sucks.

Eh... I wouldn't say all of the 3e art was awful. Some of the third-party stuff could be pretty good. For example, this is the Dwarf art from Ravenloft 3e...

And this is the female Charduni dwarf (basically the setting's duergar equivalent) from the original Scarred Lands corebook.

>dark or evil = hot goth bitches
Hot goth bitches are my thing, but c'mon.

F

Eh, I find them better than the duergar, at least. Certainly nicer to look at.

Something being simple doesn't automatically make it childish or otherwise lowly. I've taken pretty much the opposite view, 5e is a godsend because it's accessible and simple. Rulings are easy and I can focus more on the characters and plot than the mechanics, while still feeling like a game at its core.

Certainly. I was mostly commenting on how every single fucking dark or evil homogeneous culture in fantasy is comprised almost solely of matriarchal goth and/or bdsm bitches. Like, they fetishize it and then call it evil, and I can only hazard a guess as to why. Probably something to do with conservative values and needing to save face when someone inevitably gets buttmad about sexy goth bitches in a fantasy.

Evil !dwarves and evil !elves don't have to be sexy bitches everywhere, and neither do all the sexy goth bitches have to be evil! Honestly, the drow are the only matriarchal society I can think of in mainstream s&s fiction, and they are cartoonishly psychotic fetish-bait w/ spiders in their cooters. The Sisters of Dathomir from Star Wars are similar in many respects, but at least they're kind of a natural evolution of goth to minor antagonist.

>they are cartoonishly psychotic fetish-bait w/ spiders in their cooters

Blame Ed Greenwood, Gygax created the matriarchal Drow, but Greenwood turned them into fetish bait, because that's what the man does.

>Greenwood's face when TSR renamed the brothels he placed in every town into "festhalls"

>Scarred Lands

Reminder that this is the setting were casting spells produces heat, so witches in skimpy dresses are canon

And for someone whos wanting a more rules lite system it's perfect. Very accessable and easy to learn, great for beginners. But as someone who's been playing for 10+ years on much crunchier systems i very quickly became bored with the lack of mechanical character options and divergent advancement paths. Now, part of that was because it was early in 5th run and there weren't expantion books out yet. As someone who's big on trying new things in tabletops (and can't stop optimization/powergaming) it was disheartening to only really have one "viable" option per class. Whereas in 3.PF i had perhaps too many options for balance sake but with a little self restraint i could make half a dozen potent and diverse builds just for barbarians. I like having that flexibility in a system so it doesn't feel like I'm just slapping a fresh coat of paint on the same build. Helps the character feel more like he/she is their own distinct entity from the mechanical side, which in turn helps me creatively in making their personality and methodology more unique. So while i may have my own gripes with 5th feeling flat and dull i can't argue that it isn't a solid system with the benefits of simplicity. Just a matter of different strokes for different folks and it doesn't work for me.

I have a thing for size difference.

There is something as too simple tho. I ran 5e up to level 8, then we gave up because we were bored to tears, the game has next to no progression. When I want to run a story-focused game, I run something that is equipped for that, like Fate. When I run D&D, I want substance.

>this pic needs a "my sides" version

man I wanna fuck that goblin

There is not much female dorf art is there

hah