You’ll buy his book, won’t you Veeky Forums?

You’ll buy his book, won’t you Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

enworld.org/forum/content.php?4689-Marathon-Broadway-and-Catacomb-Upcoming-D-D-Products
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Not if they do what they did with Xanathar's. Shit was annoying.

Nope, not buying another Wizards product ever.

Not until they get their head out of their asses

i'll look at the pdf then if there's anything interesting I will.

This is the only real answer.

No, the only real answer is

>i'll look at the pdf

>using Gary Gygaxes OC for their book even though he would be vehemently against it if he were alive

No, it's just another monster manual. Why would I want that?

I dunno, I feel you could placate him fairly easily simply by inserting some comment somewhere about Mordenkainen killing a thinly-veiled caricature of Lorraine.

I was interested when it appeared to be a 5e Manual of the Planes. But a monster book? Nah.

Something tells me that while he'd be upset about it, he really wouldn't have any right to complain because he would have squeezed the Mordenkainen name for every penny it had if he hadn't sold the rights to it.

Gygax was a cut-throat capitalist who had about as much tasteful discretion as a Las Vegas nightwalker.

Almost certainly.

Gygax lost the right to have an opinion that matters when he left TSR.

>buying products from WizKids
I exclusively pirate official products, and I occasionally pay for third-party content.

no.
i never bought any book.
i don't even play roleplaying games.
i don't know why i'm even here.

Yeah, I'll be buying at least two copies (physical and for Fantasy Grounds). I look forward to more monsters to use for all my games.

Is it just a bestiary? There is usually something worthwhile in all of them. Maybe we'll get, like, demilich stats or some shit in this one. They're always fun.

Maybe. I really do like monster manuals...

Demilich was in the monster manual.

>youre bs
ok kid

Oh.

Mm...

... What about those humanoid bat monsters from the Fiend Folio? They were neat.

>Howl
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

>Mordenkainen is currently still semi-insane after Ravenloft and being "tended to" by pic related
He's doing well enough already.

This shit is ironic, right?

It's a marketing stunt by Old Spice.

It’ll be like Volo’s, mostly monsters(lv. 10 and up) but lore on big things like wars instead of basic race info.

>Making a movie off of Tolkien's books even though he would be vehemently against it if he were alive

he was forced out of TSR, you braindead retard

Because he was more concerned with figuring out how to break into Hollywood than managing the brand that made him famous.

What shit?

>i don't know why i'm even here.
To shitpost with the rest of us.

No question, yep.

Pay money for this shit. LOL

I don't think so. I've successfully never had to pay for any of 5e's books so far.

No. Lorraine Williams bought up a majority of TSR but Gygax still had substantial shares in it, not enough to control the company outright but enough that he would have still had a lot of say. However he was so pissed off, not to mention more concerned about trying to break into Hollywood, that he sold off all his shares in TSR instead and left, abandoning D&D.

I liked xanathar :-/

the problem with it was that it was just a rehash of UA, which is fine for organised play but for other players who already have access to UA the book is pointless

The entire point of UA is that it's public playtesting material so WotC knows what they're working on is good and what isn't. The entire point of UA is that they might print it someday.

First, this is not even for 5e.
Second, SJWs have already started reeeeeing on this sexist piece of patriarchal propaganda.

I really do hate Pathfinder, but fuck me, that's a hilarious piece of marketing. The fact it's probably a more enjoyable class than most of Paizo's shit is likewise telling.

It feels odd to see Mordekainen on a book and even in the title with Gygax gone. Mordekainen was his baby, couldn't they have retired him when Gygax passed?

You're thinking of Elminster.

Nope. If you read the Death Masks book, it’s called out that that’s literally what is happening. Mordenkainen is still suffering from bouts of insanity and somehow landed on Faerun, and Storm is with him and taking loving care of him. Greenwood wrote it himself.

Why show respect when instead you can try to milk profits?

>Greenwood
>writing Gygax characters

How low the company has sunk.

>he never heard of the Wizards Three

I choose not to remember.

Nah.

Whats the last product you bought?

Not him, but a full set of the 4E PHBs and [X] Power books.

The Blume brothers were shit at running a company
He got one sacked for being useless so the brothers activated their share option and then sold it to Lorraine
She was so dumb she thought releasing every one of their novels in hardback in main bookshops was a good idea

I thought Xanathar's was great. It had multiple resources for DMs and Players, and plenty of new ideas for character and world generation.

The in-character quips throughout the book. It was real fucking annoying.

You can choose to not read them user. They're not even part of the main text.

That's a reasonable opinion but FUCKING WOTC REEEEEEEEE

Do we know if there's anything for players in this? Volos had all the new races for example.

>cherry picking this much
You could have said you don't like it because you are on your period and it would have been a better argument

My brother is getting it for me for my birthday....but also I'm yoinking a pdf asap

Gith as races and more options for Tieflings

...So no, basically?

Nah, I moved from 5e to OSR cause I got bored of le character building game of system mastery

Please tell me where I can locate said REEing.

I've seen the original Twitter post and the first ten replies were all variations of "why does it have to be cis hetero male".

Sure thing Mr. Lop

They're incredibly sparse, barely take up any space, detract nothing from the actual content which takes up the entire book, including a fuckload of subclasses, a fuckton of new spells, a bunch of new feats, a TON of new rules all of which are insanely useful, yet your only complain are the 20 or so one liners that take up no fucking space in a 200 page rulebook that's already filled to the brim with new shit?

I know companies are more than one person, but it's still funny to me how Paizo can simultaneously be virtue signalling SJWs who refuse to include trans* villains in their modules and regressive chauvinists who make stuff like this and sweep sexual harassment under the rug

It's almost like polsters enjoy spending their freetime fabricating outrage which they can then whip themselves into an outrage about.

So yes, actually.

The book is intended to mirror the the structure of Volo's Guide to Monsters. We know for a fact that we are getting at least one new race in the form of Gith (along with the two subraces), and we'll be getting new Elf and Tiefling racial options. Just to remind you, up until the super early leak release of Volo's Guide to Monsters, the only player options we knew that we would be getting were:
Orc
Goblin
Firbolg
We were informed that there would be these 3 races specifically. Two of those listed races weren't even the major races, they were the Monstrous Races which are intentionally left to be unbalanced.

We ended up with 13 different races, 15 if you count the subraces, and 14 since Goliath is technically a reprint. I'd expect something similar in Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes.

There's also a large focus on the conflicts between different groups in D&D, such as Elves and Drow, Dwarves and Duergar, Mind Flayers and Githyanki and Githzerai, and Demons and Devils. I wouldn't be surprised if a couple things were tossed in that players could use, much moreso than the pitiful amount of Magic Items in Volo's Guide to Monsters.

There's also the fact that this book demonstrates that WotC is breaking away from the release schedule they've been following, which means it's pretty likely that we may not be seeing any new adventures, and it's pretty much confirmed that we'll be getting some of the different published settings this year, which is really cool because some of the most desired stuff back when they did the poll for settings, had Spelljammer, Planescape, and Eberron near the top.

Unfortunately that's a no on not seeing more adventures. The next two projects for this year are "Broadway" and "Catacomb" and are both listed as adventures, due out in September and November, respectively.

That's pretty impressive, they're moving up to three books per year versus just the one. Also worrying, since the quality may drop.

They've been doing three books per year since 2015. It's been two adventure modules + a supplement, they just swapped the supplement to the start of the year instead of the end.

Same character.

Oh is it?
Can you get a source on that? They've bouncing the ideas of setting books coming soon more and more, so it'd be weird that they'd do that.

Not even what I'm sayingalthough you're totally right, just that a company with so many Tumblr-approved employees that manages to release something like that class must be fucking mess. It's one thing to fuck up the hard choices (like the with sexual harassment stuff), but the controversy would have been so easy to avoid with a few minor changes. If a single person with half a brain had given it a quick once-over before release, they would have seen this coming.

enworld.org/forum/content.php?4689-Marathon-Broadway-and-Catacomb-Upcoming-D-D-Products

Well that's unfortunate. Broadway sounds interesting as hell but that's mainly because I grew up doing theater and am a huge theaterfag and do lots of choirs and musicals and shit, even though I have no idea what that's going to mean.

Even then, we're still also getting "official releases" of Artificer and Mystic coming sometime in the next couple months, since AL legal is close enough to official.

You do realize that it's just a codeword? Like the fact that the GameCube was known as Dolphin.

yeah I know, but they usually have a sort of connection to the book in someway
I already know user, you don't really need to remind me ;-;

>needing the list of enemies beyond what core and expansions give you
>tfw playing FFG warhammer rpgs
>can just roll up/create any enemy I need without problems

You ever ran them with a D&D Monster cameo?

Hey, The Imperium is pretty big and full of weird aliens from time to time.

That works for me. I've been running Adventurer's League, and I was tired of having to skip modules. Now I can finish Princes and start Tomb of Annihilation, and be done in time for the November one.

Are you a faggot, user?
Cause you sound like it.

Don't get me wrong I thought Xanathar's guide was a waste of the paper it was printed on but this is probably the most basic bitch thing to complain about in that book.

My guess is Broadway is Eberron related, probably in Sharn. Sharn is heavily based on New York, and it would give a good excuse for them to officially release the Artificer.

Sure, I will LEGALLY ACQUIRE this book.

The vargouille? The body less bat winged head monsters? It’s page 195 of Volos.

I mean, probably. I still need to grab Volo's and Xanathar's, but I might just grab all three when this comes out.

I like having physical copies at my table. I don't like my players having electronics because I'm a nazi DM. If there's stuff in there for players, and there will be, it'll give them easy access to the info.

What I won't do is go to a hobby store to buy the book. I've never played DND in a hobby store. And I don't play Magic anymore.

I'll also get my pirate .pdf copy.

If only to see how they shoehorn Mordenkainen into always having been from Toril, because as we all know there are no other campaign settings.

No as a rule fuck namefag game designers.

Man, how booty bothered do you have to be to complain about something like that.

Ahhh here is an oldie I just found the other day...

Probably not. I didn't buy SCAG. Bought Volo's but kind of regret it ( yes I really needed a book telling me about autistic setting specific bullshit with only a little setting-neutral character options. )
MToF looks like more of the same "here have some setting specific stupid shit because forgotten realms"