Drawing cards in boros edition

Drawing cards in boros edition

Previously: →

>Latest News:
mtgcommander.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18749

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their decks strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commanders color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info

>Thread Question
What's your secret tech for drawing cards in disadvantaged colour combos like boros?

Other urls found in this thread:

shop.tcgplayer.com/magic/chronicles/book-of-rass
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nth for OP forgetting the title

aww shit, knew i forgot something, ah well

anyone? pls

Is Bruna as linear as she seems or does anyone know of any fun jank you can do with her

How does one break this?

She's pretty linear, you'll be tutoring up the same cards each game

She's pretty linear. The cheekiest thing you can probably do is milling half your deck with Traumatize, and get all the auras back on Bruna when she swings in.
But you get to slap Eldrazi Conscriptions on her for max flavor.

any land that untaps creatures of his type or otherwise

Does blue alone have enough self-mill/mill/benefits from it to make milling things to get a "bigger hand" a core of the deck?
Or would that just be worse in every possible way than tutoring

She's fun with Hyena Umbra or any other totem armour auras. Treachery is also very fun for her. Yes, you already control her BUT treachery just came into play so you can untap 5 lands. It also untaps enough lands to use Flickerform to do it again and still have one of those untapped lands so you are making a net profit.

>What's your secret tech for drawing cards in disadvantaged colour combos like boros?
X for 1s like wrath of God or return to dust
Also over costed draw but for the most part I try to do more with less, which inevitably costs more Mana so it's only really viable at casual tables

>Question asks about drawing
>Posts wipes
What did he mean by that

Card advantage silly

>Thread Question
Advertise the uncastable fatties in my deck to the Blue player, get hit by Bribery, then Oblation-ing it away. Sometimes it gets so bad that I've gone Imperial Recruiter > SFM > Sunforger all for those measely two cards.

Anyone got good stories? I've got one

>Playing Patron of the Moon
> have her out with Magosi, the Waterveil and an Extraplanar lens, Rings of Brighthearth in hand
> Draw Oboro Breezecaller
> itshappening.jpg
> play Breezecaller and Rings
> Tap Magosi for eon counter
> Untap Magosi and bounce a land
>Tap Magosi for extra turn
> use Rings to take two turns, one of witch is skipped
> Use Patron to dump Magosi and other land onto the battlefield
> Take extra turn
> Eventually win with commander damage
> I won a game with the jankiest combo I have ever seen

Magus can be used to untap Magosi and potentially go infinite :^)

What cards can I use in Izzet that will either outright stop or greatly hinder opponents from attacking me?
So far I have Noetic Scales, Ensnaring bridge, propaganda and fatespinner.
Anything else?

mirari's wake

crawlspace, though it doesn't actually stop some attacks

blasphemous act, hour of devastation, chain reaction, anger of the gods, evacuation, cyclonic rift, whelming wave

Dissipation Field

collective restraint (bad propaganda)
form of the dragon
Web of intertia

>all these replies that have no understanding of magic
Stax. Static orb lets your opponent untap two things, and while one of those things may also be a creature, it's much easier to deal with one creature than a board full with propaganda. Bounce is also a pretty good deterent, though I usually try to cast rocks, then restrict a player's manabase. Gilded Lotus + Thran Dynamo are my favorite two rocks to untap.

You're looking for "black and green"

>thread question
easy don't play boros

That's too easy.

High tide, Mirari's wake, anything similar and ways to untap the dude.

I'm curious about this card.
What can I expect if I play this and pass, presumably without a scary board?

To get utterly fucked when Timmy swings with Xenagos.

Kys impure scum

>What can I expect if I play this and pass, presumably without a scary board?
SURPRISE TIMMY!

You need to back it up with stuff like No Mercy, Ghostly prison, etc. Just stuff that deincentives people from attacking you.

Temur Sabertooth, Mana Flare effect and a haste enabler. It's janky but the shit's insane.

>Hunted Horror
man, didn't know this existed. Straight into Pharika group hug!

why, so the bedlam fucks off and he has to find a way to attack the guy with a board full of tokens?
Timmy may be the only guy I can politics into not attacking me

>man, didn't know this existed
OG ravnica block had the greatest hilarious, jankry rares.

It's from a cycle of cards. It's actually one of the shittier ones since it and the green one can't get around the creatures they generate, but they're all still good in group hug.

I got banned from the magic subreddit today for calling them white knights in their weekly "be nice to girls at magic" aka "use common sense" can I hang out here instead and be called a shitty le redditor and told to fuck off? Thx

>t's actually one of the shittier ones
Horror is literally the best of the cycle by a huge margin... what drugs are you on?

I mean, if you know they have a weekly thread for that and you called them white knights you were asking to be banned dude

Nobody cares here so go wild, filthy redditor

Freed from the Real and any number of lands that tap for multiple mana. You may also need a mana filter.

You're only allowed to hang here if you eat a winter orb. It's part of the initial ritual.

Pretty much all of them are great in EDH due to you being able to make friends since you decide who gets the tokens.
I'd call dragon the best tho

I mean in a duel scenario. In EDH it's one of the best.

kys

any spicy tech for unhollowed mikaeus? trying not to necessarily play infinite combos

Don't forget Maze of Ith to go with your Heartbeat of Spring.

Why is black the only color that always has art showing the enemy colors being bullied?

I play this in my retarded Tainted Aether Deck I use in multiplayer 60-card against people I hate. I play this with two Tainted Aether on the board and suddenly my opponent has to sacrifice ten creatures and/or lands. If I can get out three or four Tainted Aether then everyone hates me but they can't do much about it. A Hunted Phantasm at that point wipes their whole board.

It’s what black does

You're a disgusting, degenerate human being, and I think all your ideas are stupid. You're probably the single worst person to exist in the entire human race, and I'm excited for you to embarrass yourself then never come back.

Also, welcome! That was that /edhg/ starter pack of insults, feel free to stay a long as you want, but expect to be called a shitter if you are a shitposter who contributes nothing.

I have eaten a winter orb. Does that make me a snow-covered permanent now?

I have eaten an ass. Does that make me a shit covered permanent now?

Yes.

No, you must eat 10 winter orbs before you gain that status.

green occasionally gets metal

I use him in my non infinite elf deck to untap some key lands, cradle of the sun, that nyx land, wirewood lodge.
He's untaped again by spells like mobilize and that elf who untaps creatures.

Explains why I play mono brown, I guess.
Thanks for clearing that up, man.

Temple of the false gods and simic bounce land already gives infinite green mana, anything past that is extra credit

>What's your secret tech for drawing cards in disadvantaged colour combos like boros?
I think you mean "Disadvantaged color combo", not "combos"

shop.tcgplayer.com/magic/chronicles/book-of-rass

There's no secret tech for draw in Boros. There's pic related shit card, Loreseeker's stone and Mind's eye, but you're shafted ig you play boros. Only good boros is Jor Kadeen, as he's THE artifact Boros dude and artifacts help balancing the faults Boros has, since artifacts are balanced and fair permanent type.
PS ban planeswalkers and artifact removal.

There's also staff of nin.

Neat

My kitchen table group just wanna play Betrayal all the time now and I can't be fucked with that game anymore.
Should I risk going to my LGS? There's no houserules I use and my deck's 100% legal it's just not very good

Manchester, UK. If that matters.

Sounds pretty bad m8
Get to your LGS it can't be any worse. Can it?..

I wish we could trade groups. I wanna play betrayal but people are shit at reading the rules for their role.

To be fair they've conceded that they didn't do a great job at explaining roles.

truly a redditor

Maybe not break, but stupid with any mana doubler

>having cards in hand
my sweet children, witness me

They should make a boros Hazoret desu

>no giant god woman will ever call you her child

that only works if you can fast-mana out artifact mana and stax pieces before your opponents can play threats. if you're operating with a fast-mana advantage over your opponents then you can do literally anything and win, stax is just one of those strategies but combo works too, opponents cant attack you if they are dead

this poster is actually correct that if your opponents have threats attacking the best solution is to kill them

my nigga

>Obzedat
Over never known why anyone would play Obzedat over Ghost Council?

And i love that rules argument about returning to the battlefield when you blink it to the command zone. I usually just announce at the beginning if the game that that's where he's going whenever i blink him and try to explain the rule, but there's always that one fucking guy who will argue about it for an hour.

Amonkhet was a good setting...

I have about $150
Should I build neheb fireballs, neheb infinite combats, a mixture of both, or atarka world render voltron?

This seems like a really decent army in a can. Has anyone played with it that can tell me if it's actually any good? I'm trying to decide between this, white sun's zenith, and decree of justice. If anyone has some better token suggestions, I'm open to them as well!

Disagree, everything looks like shit and plastic, like it's based on some advanced ancient civilization meme instead of actual egypt and its mythology.

Kind of makes sense since the plane's culture was manufactured by Bolas.

That's kind of the point.

Isn't the whole point that Amonkhet was semi-advanced until Bolas showed up, fucked the plane sideways, and rebuilt it as a mummy factory?

Outpost Siege, Chandra Torch Of Defiance, Chandra Pyromancer, and Prophetic Flamespeaker. I love the red exile/play mechanic and think they are auto includes in any Boros deck, but I don't see a lot of people playing them for whatever reason.

Skullclamp in a color combo that has no problem pumping out 1/1 tokens.

Land Tax And Wheel of Fortune (and it's weaker counterparts) are also obvious.

Sword of Fire and Ice is great in a color combo that will probably be attacking.

With these options in my deck, I rarely have as much issues with drawing as people complain about for Boros.

The fact that there's a reason everything looks like shit, doesn't change the fact that everything looks like shit.
Compare with Theros where they mostly nail down that fantasy ancient greece aesthetic.

Fuck off, "it's like except with " is not interesting.

Don't run that jank, WSZ, Decree of Justice and Secure the Wastes are amazing because they're instant speed

Have you thought about killing yourself?

Is she actually any good?
Everyone said she's garbage on release and I haven't seen anything said about her since

Is it really jank? I thought it looked neat beacause if it got countered, you don't have to waste all the mana on X, plus it has a nice first strike benefit.

True on the instant speed though. How would you rank the cards you mentioned? Do you think those three are the best white token creators available?

It's kek/10

She looks like an interesting niche commander. I wouldn't call her good by any means though.

Plus those borders and font 100% are fucking garbage.

why must you remind me

Am i dumb for not putting red sun's zenith in my red decks?

No, it's a pretty good burn spell, but it's only single target, and you can't really tutor it over and over again in red. It's also a sorcery, and in general Black Sun's Zenith and Blue Sun's Zenith just outclass all the other ones by a stupid amount.

What type of box do you guys put your decks in?

Any suggestions on binders for my trade cards?

None of those cards get recurred by Sun Titan and let you re-pay X though

>What type of box do you guys put your decks in?
Those 1 dollar white boxes that you fold and put together yourself? They are by far the best. 1 small box per deck. Can write on them, draw on them or whatever.