Paizo Games General /pgg/

Paizo Games General /pgg/

What is your character's endgame? What is he/she working towards?

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): pastebin.com/YLikTing
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): pastebin.com/PUMYw1zC
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/vK9njh31

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1fm#v5748eaic9tl1
paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1hj
paizo.com/threads/rzs2uuob?Changes-to-the-Shifter
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I feel like I've gone way too off the deep end with my game's plot.

My players are wrapped up in a 1000 year long plot to murder the gods where they're the only good guys and the cute angels are genocidal.

I never consider an endgame because my campaigns never reach the point where i can reach my endgame

I'm the one running the game, so endgame is going to involve fighting an invading space armada of Asura and may or may not be just a ripoff of Hindu Mythology.

Savage Barbarian gives you an AC boost when not wearing armor, what happens if you are wearing armor and wild shape, what about if the armor has the wild enhancement

Inventing another color, though it was also his father's work before him. He's a Wizard, of course. His father was a Wizard too.

When he succeeds at his goal, he's going to create a Divination spell that somehow incorporates this new color, since he stylizes all his other spells with a color of the rainbow based on their school.

Well, what do your players think of it all? Do they still seem to understand what's going on? A long and complex plot isn't necessarily a bad thing, not as long as everyone can keep up with it.

Yeah, I've already cut a lot of text out of the spell's description to get it down to that point but there's still an uncomfortably large amount of text. I might just remove the second paragraph altogether; the cards are meant to give a more "short and sweet" description of their spells (and in Grease's case I'm never going to forget the extra "modes" because I've used both of them to great effect before) than the full official text.

>Character A
Wants to make the empire he once called home great again by conquering it.
>Character B
To become someone worthy of his true love's affection.
>Character C
Power, prestige, and all the goodies that come with it.
>Character D
A better tomorrow. Even if he won't live to see it.

Even though it's melded, you're still considered to be wearing armor. Though if you aren't benefiting from the armor, then you don't take the ACP, spell failure, or movement penalty.

paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1fm#v5748eaic9tl1

Paizo is updating the Shifter: paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1hj
They're pretty much using this thread as a suggestion box/playtest thread in order to fix the class: paizo.com/threads/rzs2uuob?Changes-to-the-Shifter

Changes so far:
-Shifter's Claws: At 3rd level they also count as magic:

-Wild Shape: A shifter can use wild shape for a number of hours each day equal to her shifter level + her Wisdom modifier. It need not be consecutive but must be spent in 1 hour increments. For abilities that function based on ‘uses of wild shape,’ each hour of wild shape counts as a use.

-Shifter’s Fury (Ex): At level 6, a shifter gains the ability to make several ferocious attacks with the same natural weapon. Instead of attacking with all her natural weapons, the shifter can choose a single natural weapon and make a full attack with that natural weapon, gaining a second iterative attack at a –5 as if it was a manufactured weapon. When she does so, all her other natural attacks count as secondary attacks and don’t benefit from shifter’s claws. At 11th level, she gains a third iterative attack at a –10 and at 16th level, she gains a fourth iterative attack at –15.

-At level 18, the shifter now gains both A Thousands Faces and Timeless Body, as the druid abilities of the same name.

-At level 20, the shifter can use her major and minor forms at will.

Are those..cats?

Fuck off, Sleep.

>no spells
It's a Nature Paladin. Paladins have spells.

I think so, probably, the issue is they don't have much capacity to predict whats coming next

What are you on? None of those characters sound like something Sleep would make.

Anons I'm sad

Got anything to help my cheer up?

Reading the Resizer archetype for the Mageknight, and it seems kind of crazy that you can enlarge yourself at will at level one. Is there something I'm missing?

So he's trying to make octarine?

Enlarge Person exists, and isn't limited to the caster. And for the first few levels, it's basically a small attack or AC buff.

Oh, really? What would a Sleep character sound like.

A fag

How much better would a magus be if could use a two-handed weapon with spell combat? Or two weapons?

Rude!

I guess you could say so, but believe it or not I'm pretty unfamiliar with Discworld and didn't know it had a similar concept until someone else brought it up to me. The character's logic basically goes "There are traditionally seven deadly sins and each of them was associated with one of seven schools of magic. They were also each associated with one of the seven colors of the rainbow. But in some interpretations there are actually eight deadly sins, and there's also an eighth school of magic too. So shouldn't there be an eighth color of the rainbow to be associated with the sin of Vainglory and the school of Divination?" So it would be a magical color in a sense (because he's going to be creating it with magic) but not in the same sense that octarine is the "color of magic" if I understand it correctly.

>magus with a two handed weapon

I've done it. It was nice. I had the highest DPS in the party, probably. But there wasn't a lot of competition for that title.

The Magus would be better, I guess, but more DPR isn't really what the class needs is it?

Looks and acts like an alpha male in public. However, it's all a front. They're plagued by feelings of insecurity.

Str builds would actually have a pretty good benefit, but otherwise it's just adding some extra consistent damage to a class stuck in a "burst damage or bust" role.

A spell list that doesn't suck would be nice to, but I was just wondering if that 'one one-handed only' limitation is really necessary. How big an increase in damage did you get? Could you use power attack consistently?

How's your game going, /pfg/?

In my campaign, our current mini-arc had us investigate rumors of a mysterious and supposedly evil tower in the demon wastes on the edge of Khorvair, just out of reach of the frozen north. As it turns out, it had been more than a tower; surrounded by a small hamlet of dormitories and facilities, it had actually been some centuries old arcane school. After investigating the curious basement hidden beneath the headmaster's quarters and broken a Statis seal guarded by swarms of tupilaqs and a hoard of fellforged, we had been teleported outside far beyond the campus grounds.

Then the school stood up.

My game's going really well, Dorian. Honestly, I'm impressed by how swiftly we're progressing in the plot - we're already on level 9 after almost a year!

It's incidental to what a Paladin actually is and does.

Anyone hook up with Elsbeth yet?

>A spell list that doesn't suck would be nice too

In my opinion at least, that's the more needed buff. I'd rather a Magus with a better spell list than a Magus with more damage, if I had to choose between the two.

>How big an increase in damage did you get? Could you use power attack consistently?

The normal bonuses for going two-handed on your weapon. IIRC I started with 14 STR and later raised it to 18 with a belt. Another +4 STR was regularly applied with Monstrous Physique II into the form of a gargoyle. So that's +6 damage increasing to +9 for two-handing, only a gain of three damage from there. But I could and did use Power Attack consistently. In fact, I told my DM early on that he should assume I'm always using Power Attack unless I tell him before I roll that I'm not (I didn't have much trouble hitting enemies, though I did have Furious Focus). The +3 damage per Power Attack increment instead of +2 eventually added up to an extra four points of damage over what Power Attack would have given me if I'd not be using my weapon two-handed. So between STR bonus and Power Attack, using my weapon two-handed gave me an extra seven damage at the peak beyond what I would have gotten for using it in one hand.

My games are both going great. In one, we're going to be picking our Hell's Vengeance game up after like a month long hiatus and I'm looking forward to using Scry and Message to prank call a paladin we met and fought a long time ago. In the other campaign, the PCs are out exploring the wilderness to try and find an enemy that escaped them previously. The game has been chugging along nicely at a steady pace, but I'm excited for when the real adventure can finally start to show its face.

All four of the games I'm in appear to be going great so far. I really feel like progress is being made.

About to fight an bigass Blue Dragon, after we smacked the fuck out of some beasts from beyond the stars or what have you. After that, probably only an arc or two before we wrap things up.

Magus needs its spell list retooled yes, but also it needs its class features to be shuffled about and (in some cases) straight up changed entirely.
only tangentially related but god damn is Runic Knight close to being the best

Just how big are we talking?

If I had to hazard a guess, probably merely an Old Dragon, so huge-sized. Maybe Very Old, but I doubt that.

I lost two games, one was play-by-post and i always forget about them, one I was actually enjoying, but had to leave because of personal disagreements. Then I got cucked out of the one-on-one game tonight by "side RP" for a campaign that hasn't even /started/. Wasn't gonna play anyway because the GM had kidney stones this week and last week his ma was in a car accident /right/ as we were about to play so that canned that session.

Apart from that I love all the games I'm still in, they're great fun. I'm adopting an animal companion next session!

She can't love others if you can't love herself, user.

Despite some people calling them cliched, I've never really gotten to fight a dragon villain. I've slayed a couple dragons, but they were just incidental enemies, not the BBEG or anything.

Maybe it's because of that or maybe it's just because dragons are cool, but I'm fascinated by the idea of massive dragons. Not just something huge or gargantuan, but something stupendously massive (and probably with the Massive ability stolen shamelessly from Kaiju), like a mountain of muscle and magic. I'm running a game IRL now where the BBEG is a red dragon of literally mountainous size. My plan is to give the PCs a special eleventh hour power up once he takes on his true form after they beat his first phase (human form).

Anyway though, that's cool. Good luck with your dragon slaying. Do you know what the dragon was scheming? Blue dragons are always scheming.

Not bad, my players are about to investigate a possible necromancer in the spooky woods, meaning it's time for a dungeon crawl!

On the other side of the spectrum, I have to come up with a pseudo-political subplot because I let one of rogues join a wealthy crime family for a lark and now half the party wants to dismantle this newfound "mafia", so incorporating that in a vampire plot is going to be fun.

You're playing in the wrong setting then m8

Attempting to pilfer an ancient artifact the party is after, locked away in a temple dedicated to the Creeping Chaos. She beat us there, but we're right behind her and given the artifact, she's not going to get away. Honestly, I'm not expecting much given the cramped location we burst into right as the session ended, but then again I didn't expect much from the last "end of arc" boss fight either. Shattered Star book 5 has been a trip.

Phooey on you! I'm playing in the wrong system too, but that's not going to stop me either.

A. To die a hero; and maybe have the courage to confess their love to a cute girl before doing so.

B. Protect their kingdom from the clandestine or otherwise unusual threats; and help her friends out of the various emotional pits they've found themselves in.

C. Help a friend achieve her birthright, then I dunno, go find someplace quiet to finish the job he started.

That's what the wine is for, silly. It sounds like Elsbeth just needs someone to build her up, because it's clear from how long you've been posting her as a drunk or aloof that she can't and won't do it on her own.

>level 18 to get A Thousand Faces

Why? What in the fuck. Druids get it at 13. Shifters are supposed to be masters at SHAPESHIFTING.

>Vengeance
>Scrying and Sending

Why not just use Message desu? It's one less spell slot and it has no range limit.

Not a 9th caster. Get. Fucked. Idiot.

To become Doomguy.

A worthy and admirable goal.

How much of a loss is to give a barbarian heavy armor? Is it worth it?

They're like the one class that can offset the fact that heavy armor makes you move slow as dick and have about the least interaction with Dex out of any of the other martials. That being said, heavy armor in general sucks. Armored Hulk or Steelblood will get you what you need.

Do you mean the Armored Hulk, or just a Barbarian with HAP?

Well, basically I want to do something like pic related: probably armed with a halberd. Do you have any advice for building him?

>Gorum is Khorne
>Urgathoa is Slaanesh
>Nethys is Tzeentch
>Ghlaunder is Nurgle
>Rovagug as Chaos Undivided

You'll have to figure out which "Chaos God" you want to embody, since that's important when you become an Aspiring Champion. Most Chaos Warriors are Norscan, which would be the Ulfen in Pathfinder. Your build would be a Barbarian (Armored Hulk) with either 12-14 Dex and the rest in Strength and Constitution.

Firstly, consider either Armored Hulk (if you're a barbarian) or Steelblood (if you're a Bloodrager). Secondly, if you have access to 3rd-party definitely grab Stupendous Strength (a feat from DSP); this will allow you to use a heavy weapon like a halberd in one hand, freeing your other hand for a shield (which will negate the AC penalty from raging). Finally, like most barbarians, take Come And Get Me at 12th level as your Rage Power (make sure that Primalist is allowed if you're playing a Bloodrager) in order to trick your foes into thinking it's a good idea to attack you.

Does the half-giant's ability to wield weapons one size larger than themselves allow them to wield two handed weapons of the same size as them self as one handed, and two handed weapons one size increment smaller as light?

Am I a shitter for playing a bearded vulture tengu cleric?

I assume that an Armored Hulk would be a relentless hammer while the Steelblood would have more options for supporting the party, is that right?

Eeeh, more like Steelblood gives you the ability to convert spellslots into more AC and a few other goodies, while Armored Hulk is purely "JUGGERNAUT BITCH".

>Chaos Warrior
>Casting spells

What are the differences between a bard and a skald?

Doesn't need Stupendous Strength if he's using a Halberd, he can get Shield Brace and it's all good.

Skalds are more angry.

A skald is literally just the deformed, retarded child of a bard and a barbarian.

Are skalds bad compared to a bard?

The GM life is going smoothly for once. I feel like a grand operator.

After a year and some of buildup, a fuckton of mini arcs and such, my homebrew Jade Regent run is finally getting to Minkai. What a ride it's been. Only one time skip to go, and then we can finally go sandbox mode!

In other news, my WoTR run is almost complete. The party, now cracked up on demigod powers are fighting final form Deskari alongside Nocticula in her own realm. Shit's getting nuts.

My run of Iron Gods is going pretty good as well. Just got to scrapwall. The kasathan gunslinger decided to go and chug 6 doses of strange fluids and go on a murder rampage. 60 are dead.

Homebrew space game in the works too!

How should I build an Oread Monk or Paladin?

hey winrar

For the love of all that is holy, don't taint the paladin's charismatic purity with Oread's filth.

Monk is the better choice of the two, go into dragon style and take the feats in the line, take power attack, get your wizard a 1st level pearl of power so he can cast mage armor on you.

howdy Veeky Forums
We're starting a new level 20 campaign in a week, with a somewhat unforgiving GM
He told us to make the most broken shit possible, coz we're going down either way

I've never got to level 20 in any other game, so what can I build to be the most optimal killing machine ? Could you give me some broken character ideas?
All Pathfinder books allowed.

If you wanna just try one shotting a big bad perhaps a spellslinger wizard 1/crossblooded sorcerer 19? Take orc/draconic (red) bloodlines and blood havoc, magical knack (sorcerer), spell focus and greater spell focus (evocation) and get a cyclops helmet to try and crit a x3 maximized empowered disintegrate. Should average at about 1860 damage, if they fail the save and I'm not mistaken about my math. The level increases should be possible with metamagic rods. Consider spell perfection so you can cast them as 7th level spells, and to double the bonuses on spell focus. Consider heighten spell to up the DC a bit more if you need it, aswell as being able to use them in 8th and 9th level slots. Finally, you could get a glove of storing to swap out your maximize rod for a quicken rod, so you can shit out two disintegrates per turn, although you'll only be able to force a crit 1/day.

I was completely off here, it's a transmutation spell, not an evocation.

Is there any good dual-wielding build/class suitable for an elf or a half-elf?

You can take spell focus (transmutation) instead, and still do that, you lose a bit of damage though, since the draconic bloodline doesn't realy function on disintegrate. Also, disintegrate is a 6th level sorcerer/wizard spell, so you'd be able to cast a lot more of them per day.

What classes have healing spells besides clerics?

google.com

Nigger.

All of them that actually have spells.

Bard, oracle, druid, inquisitor, paladin, ranger, shaman, witch, spiritualist, occultist, warpriest, hunter, skald, magus, wizard, arcanist, and sorcerer.

Wizard, sorc, arcanist, and magus get (greater) infernal/celestial healing, the rest gets the whole "cure x wounds" thing.

It's interesting. One player has managed to get himself put under a Geas forcing him to retrieve a muguffin with nation changing potential and would rather die than complete the quest. Another took up a career as a bare knuckle fighter and got paid to fight a bear. The bear won.

So, I have a an archer with quickdraw. The GM likes to throw armored enemies at us. Should I pick a gun as a backup in case I can't penetrate the enemy armor? We have two gunslingers in the group.

Worth noting, don't ever focus on just healing, you'll feel completely worthless in most encounters. Pick up some buff spells or put effort into melee/ranged combat if you're a 3/4 bab.

Armor is not DR. You're an archer, you're going to be throwing enough arrows th at it won't matter anyway. Don't split your focus.

No, let the others have their moment, you're better than them when it comes to shredding everything else anyways.

So, if healing is overrated? At what do clerics actually shine? Buffing?

You can do anything you want. Melee combat, buffing, debuffing, direct damage spells, save or die,

... I am using Message? That's what my post said, user. Admittedly Message only has a certain percent chance of working through Scry and they have to fail their will save in the first place, so the dice have to approve of my punk calling.

New releases in troves when?
Still waiting for January stuff

I remember that tumblr artist, I used to like the ghost rider x assassin's creed merge

thanks for the idea.
however, I dont really understand how to get a Disintegrate that is maximized as well as empowered and only be a level 7 spell
Even with spell perfection, you only cancel out the level increase of a single meta feat, right ?

Metamagic Rods don't boost spell level, but you can only use one per spell.

What classes are good for drow and drow related races?

>drow related races
Drow Nobles do well just about anywhere!

I think spiritualist has an archetype that can do unlimited healing for free/at-will out of combat at level 1. It's not good in combat but it works like infinite fast healing you can share out of combat so 1-3 minutes could heal everyone back to full without wands, spells, etc.

If you go 3PP, Vitalist and Silver Crane Initiates have some good heals. Vitalist either steals hp and gives it to allies or prevents damage via temp HP. With the errata from DSP, but I think D20pfsrd hasn't updated to it, they have a fair share of buffs they can cast on the party. Plus their network ability allows them to twin all their buffs/heals on the party for cheap.

Radiant Dawn maneuvers from Path of War errata also does good healing.

> Female Oni Tiefling Fighter (Viking) with a tetsubo roaming around bashing skulls
Yes or no

I just got an imp consular familiar (like a regular imp familiar, but plus 50 ft telepathy and Change Shape functions as Beast Shape II) and my DM said I can change its two feats (Dodge and Weapon Finesse) out for any different two feats I want. What should I take? I saw the Infernal Lingist feat get mentioned around here a while back so I'm definitely taking that one for flavor even if it's not useful. For the other feat, I'm considering Skill Focus in Perception or Linguistics (will that bump up to +6 when I put ten ranks in the skill or not because the familiar doesn't technically have my skill ranks it just uses them), Flyby Attack (it says it works with any standard action, not just attacks, but because the feat is called Flyby Attack I'm worried using it for other things than attacking, would be cheesy), and Lookout (it's a teamwork feat a couple other PCs already have and I was thinking of picking up myself in a few levels so maybe giving it to the familiar would be a good idea). Which of these would be best? Or is there any other feat that would be better?

Way to stick to stereotypes

Sure, sounds fine I guess.

In this world, you get to choose between playing a stereotype or playing a snowflake.

If you have a weapon with spell storing (vampiric touch) and use spellstrike in combination with vampiric touch to gather all of the temporary hitpoints?

That's fine too, put personally I put Spell Storing w/ Vampiric Touch on my armor instead of weapon, and just trigger it whenever I took too much damage from an attack. Better than risking you missing with the attack when you really need to hit. But then again, there's no reason you couldn't have it on your weapon and armor if you like overkill.