>media.wizards.com/images/magic/tcg/resources/rules/MagicCompRules_21031101.pdf

>Current Modern Metagame
>mtgtop8.com/format?f=MO
>mtggoldfish.com/metagame/modern

>DATABASES:
>magiccards.info
>gatherer.wizards.com

Thread Question
>Cloudpost vs. Tron, which is better and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/15031459
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/on-a-budget-wrath-of-phylactery-lich/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/10-02-18-aggro/?cb=1518275908
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Cloudpost is banned and sees play in Legacy. Tron is not banned and doesn't.

strawpoll.me/15031459
Make sure to vote before Monday. Every vote counts!*

None of the votes count.

I went 3-1 with my turns deck tonight, and it felt so good. I got absolutely smashed by some sort of temur buff deck in the last round though.

alright lads
got everything for burn save for most of the fetches (have some bloodstained mires)
why do fetches have to be so expensive
can we have the zendikar/onslaught fetches in a new standard set?

Now that masters sets are real, no.

>why do fetches have to be so expensive
'cause they're good and used in every format they're legal in
>can we have the zendikar/onslaught fetches in a new standard set?
Maybe?

>tfw built a storm deck
I can never go back to "do these two cards resolve? i win" combos now.
I still suck at playing the deck though.

They'll break out eternal playables like fetches and shocks to boost sales of new sets as standard remains shit and no one wants to buy cards waiting to be banned

dunno how long it will take until then, dominaria is definitely going to cash in on nostalgia and keep them going for a while

What sets are dominaria?

>dredge opponent mulls to 4 on the play
>turn 1 grafdigger, turn 2 meddling mage naming ancient grudge
easiest 4-0 of my life

Most of the early sets up until like Mirrodin.

It's just called Dominaria. There's only 1 set announced so far.

Is the creature mother of runes from dominaria? I want that card to be reprinted.

Kek

Current storm is pretty close:
>does my cost reducer resolve?
>does my gifts ungiven resolve

You started playing after BFZ, didn't you

That made for $500 standard last time, so most likely not.

Gifts isn't technically part of the combo though, it's the tutor.

it got reprinted last year, esl-kun

Technically you are correct, but gifts being able to tutor your whole combo on its own makes it basically a part of the combo itself, since if it resolves, you most likely win

>New player at LGS tonight
>greasy hair, twink soyboy body, keeps skullcandy headphones on whole time
>on Lantern
>wins his round 1
>dunked on round 2, huffing under his breath whole time
>throws his things in his bag and storms out without saying a word immediately after
Are all Lanternfags like this?

I've lost plenty of games where i've resolved gifts, and won plenty where i've never cast it
I mean, sure the deck probably wouldn't be viable without gifts, but it's not something comparable to a combo piece.

No, but they are weird.

What deck dunked on him?

Affinity.

>Lantern
should have slashed his tires desu

inb4 Tron

Should i mainboard hurkyls

Unless your meta is really warped or it's part of your own combo, no.

The interaction with ornithopter and plating getting through bridge probably tilted him

against affinity? no

I imagine so. I wasn't close enough to the table to see how the games went but the Affinity dude won in 2.

I don't know how you can play lantern and not see that from a mile away. Easy to deal with using pithing needles. I've probably died more often to a signal pest + any other 0 power creature over many turns than moving plating with BB.

If he's new or bad enough to magic to tilt out that badly after one bad match

Bros... Other formats are laughing at us again...

but bro
I play other formats too

These would only be accurate if one of the foam swords was banned in standard

How can the other formats laugh at us when EDH is the only one besides us that can even keep a thread up?
Also, multiplayer a shit.

multiplayer is fine, but you have to stop being tryhard

1v1 is better even when it's just for fun

nah

ya

Not even close kiddo

There there, it's okay to have bad taste.

>Playing other formats
Fuck you, you're not a true modern player.

sometimes you just wanna crack open a cold one and play some edh with the boys

Nope, you just have to tryhard at politics.
Which includes pretending not to tryhard

Indeed, let's make it 100% accurate.

Legacy should be nuclear war and vintage should be some kind of epic space battle.

Modern should be rock-paper-scissors

That would imply Vintage is being played on some level when the reality is there's 1 paper vintage tournament a year.

That's why nuclear warfare is the most accurate description

Let's have a discussion:

Did GGT really deserve to be re-banned?

Was hitler wrong?

Dredge is still pretty strong, so probably.

Unban Dread Return

I like your style sir

he probably has low self-esteem and was seeking validation from winning with turbo-autism: the deck

I think It would be safe to print them in a Core set, so any damage to the price/balance lasts only 1 year. Also it probably needs to be a Standard with no Fetchable duals (or at least none that can come in untapped, but having none at all would be safer)

So assuming they don't print anymore fetchable duals, we could see fetches as early as the end of this year.
This might happen if Dominaria doesn't perform.

So Monday they are (hypothetically) unbanning JTMS and Bloodbraid. What changes about Modern in your local meta?

people play those two cards

they match up badly in the hypothetically unbanned skullclamp meta

>This might happen if Dominaria doesn't perform.
Any sets currently in the design pipeline wouldn't happen until at least next year so if they do it in response to sales then this year would most likely be too early.

But fetches would likely have done a lot to curb the energy problem, since the biggest issue with it decks was that their mana was consistent enough to casually go 4 color while other decks struggled to perform as well with 2.

I wouldnt put money on fetches coming back either way, but I do think that its safe to assume it can, given the right conditions.

Hey all, same user that posted this meme of a list yesterday. Looking for feedback and advice.

Stipulations: Win-con is non-negotiable, budget is "as cheap as possible", and competitive viability takes a back-seat to fun. I just want to be able to hold my own at FnM, not looking to clean up any tournaments. If I was, I'd be going the Karn route, or at least throwing in a liliana.

Mainboard:
2 Barren Glory
2 Corpse Blockade
3 Dark Tutelage
3 Inquisition of Kozilek
3 Isolated Chapel
2 Leave / Chance
3 Lingering Souls
4 Mastermind's Acquisition
4 Mind Stone
2 One with Nothing
2 Path to Exile
2 Pentad Prism
2 Perimeter Captain
5 Plains
3 Read the Bones
2 Shambling Vent
8 Swamp
4 Temple of Silence
4 Wall of Omens

Sideboard (WIP):
2 Ghost Quarter
2 Rest in Peace
2 Stony Silence
Leyline of Sanctity would be in here, but it's just too expensive

I think they have a bit of flex, for example, they printed hate for copycat even though Ixalan's design should have been finished by the time Aether Revolt released (~8 months before).
If they're desperate for cash it probably wouldn't be that much extra work to simply replace the rare land slot in whatever follows Dominaria with fetches. Hell, they could probably still use whatever art they had ready for the rare lands.

>only 2 copies of One With Nothing and Leave // Chance
>even those are what you absolutely need for your wincon

>Stoneforge in the lead
Holy shit I didn't realize Veeky Forums was this bad, that card would be bonk

I'm pretty sure I can get away with 2 of each with the amount of card draw athis deck has, not to mention the tutors.

>my lantern opponent from last week
>furry ears
>extremely impatient, I'm a reasonably fast player and he didn't want to wait for me to fetch up a land and make my play
>he had been checking out my deck the round before and basically knew what i was on, when i asked him the same to put us on parity he told me he was on another deck
>had uncanny main-deck leylines of sanctity...unsure if he sideboarded them in round 1 before i got there...he didn't have much time, but it's a fucking weird main deck
>owns three decks, all of them masturbatory: legacy storm, modern lantern, turn 3 bomberman combo edh
>pushy about trades
>met him before, he lowkey was begging for people to pay for his iconic masters draft and didn't have enough to buy himself food, despite having trade stocks and thousands in magic cards
>have also witnessed him lowkey cornering people to lecture them on magic lore
>he introduces himself as "Jace"

He's not like, an awful human, but his ideas about fun, sportsmanship, and courtesy are definitely a little fucky. I also made the mistake of feeding him because I'm a big dumb softy and I think he might think we're friends.

Oh no, please not a 2 mana 1/2 that can untap t3 to make a 4/4 lifelinker that dies to push, k-command, and abrade...

what commander do you run for bomberman combo?

partners, he was on four color. thrasios was one of them, so that he could draw his deck with one of his many ways to generate infinite mana. the other was something with black/white, just so he had the colors for tutor and the recursion guy.

the lion's eye diamond was a fucking proxy.

Nani?

New piece of tech, fresh off the prints. I'd recommend carrying a playset.

If you're trying to be funny, stop. Because you aren't.

Is it possible for Lantern to lose if they win R1? Just slow roll the last 10 minutes.

Brehs I don't play modern but I'm thinking of entering the format with G stompy

Good idea or great idea?

Any ways of improving this by throwing more money at it?

It works by attacking with Phylactery Lich and making him indestructible with any of the indestructible artifacts.

FUCK

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/on-a-budget-wrath-of-phylactery-lich/

perfectly reasonable

Aw yeah

>woah, took sometime but I finally managed to build Jeskai control, man those Colonnades and fetches were expensive
>JtMS unbanned
>need to basically pay the whole price of the deck again or be trampled over

New phyrexia actually.

shut the fuck up poorfag, you don't deserve to play my game

>not playing around decay, which "pros" insist on putting in their deck which aims to not draw cards after the first two from faithless looting
Well played.

So I met my gf's friends and brought my decks to play all night. They have five figures in cards and I played with my 20$ infect deck and rekt them time after time.

They sank and said that deck was no fun and ignored its existance for the rest of the night.

Are they being fags? What is the point of having decks full of expensive good cards if the best deck is ignored? What is the point of jerking over the best cards and making the best decks if the best deck is "no fun bruh"?

Last lantern player i met, i spent 3 rounds trying to figure out his gender because i was sat next to him for rounds 1 and 2, and played him round 3.
I borrowed infect from a friend and managed to take a 2-1 against him. I think he said something about me under his breath when i won via Noble beatdown.
I wasn't proud of playing infect, but apparently i was a hero to the guys who brought me to the event.

cloudpost doesnt really see play legacy and it wouldnt put up much modern results either, tron is better

>Are they being fags?

yes

but sometimes you must be a fag in a world of fags to survive and prosper

i dont believe you, this story sounds like bullshit

It's pretty normal. They have quite the mtg collection, use double lands, mana drains, etc... like it's any other thing. They have pretty cool powerful decks that cost a lot etc...

So I brought my cancer infect deck that wins in turn 2 that's worth around 20 bucks and wrecked them every time, and they just didnt want to play against it anymore.

I understand not wanting to play against cancer in casual fun play, and my deck is AIDS incarnate, but their decks were 1000$+ non casual most of the time, always trying to win by exploiting rules, so I dont understand why they were being so faggy with my fag deck.

I didnt win all the time but I won like 90% of matches, and when I lost it was because of my deck not functioning, not theirs doing something to me.

I knew I was playing a fag deck, what I didnt get is why did they try to ignore it and act as if nothing had happened and make a fuss about it, since all they tried to do with their expensive cards is make OP decks as well.

>what is Eldrazi Post
Reminder that Vesuva is legal in Modern.

Currently Running This:
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/10-02-18-aggro/?cb=1518275908

Quite the fun deck considering you can get your matches done in 15 mins then go and grab a snack while waiting for the next match.

Starting a match with 4 Mutagenic Growth on hand with a swiftspear, a battle rage and a mountain was probably the best round of my life. Going in for lethal at turn two by top decking mountain.

Why are there so many trannies playing mtg?

Is lsv still fucking gabby spartz?

Modern doesn't have the other 12 sol lands, candlelbra and crop rotation. Things coming in tapped is a huge boon.