>magiccards.info
>gatherer.wizards.com

>Thread Question
What's your preferred color and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/welcome-aboard/?cb=1518284803
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/11-02-18-jund-1-1-counters/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

*Is* pic related any actual good? It has no protection and is assuming you're always using creatures. Granted, non-dumdums will play her with creatures already out, but if you just got wrath'd, she's a dead PLANESWALKER in your hand. Kinda sketchy...

Her -1 tries too hard (and fails) to Appeal, but I suppose it being only a -1 is a nice thing. Her ult is great since you can make multiples of it fast. I guesss the cost of 4 for 3 LP could be worse?

>Thread Question

Green. It just does everything I want it to do. It draws cards, it buffs up and creates creatures with sustainability quickly and can protect me and others. Nice, simple, and comfy as fuck.

If her -1 gave trample, she would be substantially more powerful. Even as it is, I'm trying to work her into a G/W Oketra's Monument deck.

Thread Question
Black. It's always been my favourite since old-school suicide black decks in tempest era. It can bring power to bear in controling your opponent; in creatures, both swarms and powerhouses; in dealing damage AND gaining life; and in bringing you the exact tool you need while denying your opponent thier's. Besides red, it's one of the few colours who's monocolour decks really shine because of flexibility and power as compared to red who just specializes in throwing everything it has at its opponent's face, not that it isn't a legimate strategy.

>playing
My really shitty pirate aggro jank budget deck. It was originally $45 but got some fatal pushes.

>Thread Question
Black, because I just like killing everything.

Her 1+ grants you the +1 LP *and then* the extra LP come from the # creatures you control.

>She relies on a specific strat
Yeah but she's good at it.

Her -1 pumps up your creatures to kill their bigger ones.
>Removal?
Nah senpai

Should I use Vizier of Many Faces in Sultai Panharmonicon, Sultai Snek or EDH?

Might be good in Commander

It's ons of these cases where it's a 4 drop that enables you to go off but doesn't actually make you go off, like anointed procession. If you have an empty board it's fucking terrible to topdeck, if you have an actual board you can plus into ulti to draw infinite cards. The advantage of this over anointed procession is that anointed procession forces you to hold token creators in your hand until you play it, you can just splurge into Huatli.
The worst part is that it doesn't synergies with white/green in standard. White/blue has embalm for free creatures from an empty board, white/black has hidden stockpile, but the only reason to really play green is Huatli or Vraska.

4x Adanto Vanguard
4x Duskborne Skymarcher
4x Forerunner of the Legion
4x Ixalan's Binding
4x Legion's Landing
4x Martyr of Dusk
2x Mavren Fein, Dusk Apostle
4x Radiant Destiny
4x Skymarcher Aspirant
4x Thopter Arrest
2x Field of Ruin
16x Plains
4x Shefet Dunes

I've 4-1d two leagues with this, lost to WU Approach and a turn 4 Galtha deck.
I'm contemplating adding Concealed Courtyards and Unclaimed Territory just to run Legion's Lieutenant since the weenies+anthems strategy is working super well against red aggro, black aggro, GR monsters, merfolk and vehicles.

Any decent budget decklists kicking around? I wanna play at game day but fuck me if I'm getting balls deep into standard before we see if Dominaria is going to be any good.

ded format for a ded game.

Rw dinosaurs. Relentless raptor is ridiculous

I've been playing a similar list, and I'd recommend cutting the forerunners for metallic mimic. It works as a lord that doesn't make for absolute blowouts if removed during combat.
Splashing black for Lieutenant can be ok but with only 4 courtyards and 4 unclaimed territory it's not terribly consistent.
And consider replacing 4 thopter arrest with a combination of baffling end and ixalan's binding/cast out. Maindeck answers to vehicles and gpg are nice.

None of her abilities say "nontoken."
In GW.

This is the weenie master.

Would love some help putting this deck together. I've put together a bunch of card on tapped out and would really appreciate some help trimming some off and making it an actual 60 card deck.

The idea of the deck is steal opp's creatures with Angrath, Hijack, etc and then fling them, sac them, fight them before they get returned.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/welcome-aboard/?cb=1518284803

some lands might be nice

My idea was to sort out the nonland permanents first, then the lands.

>playing
merfolkball ft ghalta

>hating
mtg arena's endless disconnects

>brewing
bg snake

>Q
Green in Standard. Red everywhere else.

>Playing
UB Gift. It's been working pretty well for me, but the sideboard hate is real.

>Hating
The entire format

>Brewing
I really want to try and build around gold-forge garrison, but I think it's way too slow.

Immediate cuts:
>Big Angrath
Actively does nothing for your gameplan, and is shitty in a vaccuum
>Mutiny
Your deck has too many sweepers and such to make this active consistently
>Some amount of the 19 steal effects
Just too many. Limits of Solidarity seems like the worst one, followed by Captivating Crew (again, just because of the amount of sweepers)
>Gonti
On flavour, but not condusive to the steal+sac plan
>Strike/Abrade
I'd go down a couple strikes for the full Abrade playset. Is good card.
>Lands
Put in 3 Field of Ruin or some dumb shit, it'll be funny if it works and a 2-colour deck can handle it

>Glaring omission
Heart-Piercer Manticore! Good body and an effect you want. A bit mana intensive to Steal+Manticore, but that's why you have all the sweepers

Stuff I like:
>Golden Guardian
Is very spicy. Might be worth trying to go deeper on it. Do some testing and see how good a 4/4 factory is. I suspect its preeeetty good. Also the land isn't legendary! Probably the best payoff to a steal, I think
>All the sweepers
Because you ideally want to have them playing one threat a turn late that you fuck them with
>Angrath
Is strong and this is a cool shell for him. Will steal games from control all game long if he resolves

Sideboard suggestion:
Fourth Push, 4x Duress, some amount of Vraska's Contempts, and some plan for if your opponent has NO creatures, ie Approach

Cool deck overall

Bump

Thanks for the suggestions user, you make some great points. Big Angrath was to recur Captivating Crew's that die and his + ability deals with tokens. I'll put him in the board.

I really like the idea of Field of Ruin and will definitely put them in the main 60. I'd imagine Lost Legacy being the counter for Approach.

I'm most excited to try out Golden Guardian and I rest hope it works out how I plan. I completely forgot that it wasn't a legendary land so thanks for that, going to add a couple more in to the main.

>playing
MonoRed Aggro, recently added 2x Rekindling Phoenix and cut Shock for Invigorated Rampage
>hating
BW-Tokens & Merfolk, made me add 2x Sweltering Suns to my Sideboard and thinking about a third one.
>brewing
G/R Aggro, I now have every possibly needed card for Red and now it's time for a second color. Already took it for a ride in xMage and it's a blast,
even if the change feels >pic related.

>What's your preferred color and why?
Red, I like to play run proactive decks, especially since my local meta is a Grixis, Gift's & Approach filled "Who has more Counterspells"-snoozefest.

>human controlling dinosaurs
>not dinosaur controlling humans

0/10 faction
0/10 setting

back in my day green didn't draw cards.

> now green is the new blue.

post your BUG colored brews

3x scarab god
2x liliana, death's majesty
4x jadelight ranger
4x champion of wits
4x strategic planning
2x hostage taker
2x chupacabra
1x gonti
1x brontodon
4x fatal push
2x vraska's contempt
2x freebooter
3x dusk legion zealot
2x spell pierce
24 lands

thoughts?

Would go with negate over spell pierce to be honest, since you're going for a longer game with a deck like that, half the time that spell pierce will be useless in your hand because the game has progressed far enough that 2 mana doesn't do shite.

>At the moment your green cards add nothing of value to the deck at the moment.
>You have 5 reanimation effects but nearly 0 threatening targets
>"Vreska, Relic Seeker" is currently a better Liliana, especially in your deck
>"Strategic planning" is just straight out bad.
>"Spell pierce" out "Negate or "Disallow" are better.
>Freebooters are nice if you're an Aggro or a Tempo deck otherwise Duress does ultimately a better job
>No Torrential Gearhulks

I should drop to play some standard everynow and then

EDH. Build Unesh

>Can't brew for shit
>Can't play for shit
>Will never be truly competitive

May as well end it all

I think you're too wishy-washy at the 4 mana slot. In this meta, it's important to have an answer for Hazoret and Scarab God. That being said, I'd cut the Chupacabra and go up either Contempt or Hostage Taker.

After getting fucking rekt at a bigger tournament because of tarnishing Mono Red purity by splashing it for Path of Mettle I have learned my lesson and will atone by going back to mountains pardon me aggro gods I repent

So here's a janky one that actually works most of the time:

1x Arch of Orazca
4x Blooming Marsh
1x Bontu's Last Reckoning
4x Fatal Push
2x Field of Ruin
5x Forest
2x Ghalta, Primal Hunger
4x Gifted Aetherborn
4x Golden Guardian
2x Hashep Oasis
2x Ifnir Deadlands
3x Journey to Eternity
2x Kitesail Freebooter
2x Rhonas the Indomitable
3x Ripjaw Raptor
4x Seekers' Squire
1x Shapers' Sanctuary
8x Swamp
3x Vraska's Contempt
3x Wayward Swordtooth

I really fucking love this deck.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/11-02-18-jund-1-1-counters/

Playing a nice -1/-1 counter deck. The synergy is fantastic and it has a good matchup versus some of the decks out there.

It's not that good against Approach (too many field wipes) or Dino decks (their creatures are just bigger, and usually don't go down without at least 1 enrage trigger). It's fantastic vs RDW and grixis midrange. I'll probably try to tune it a bit more, but I don't think it's going to be competitive. Next deck I'm going to try is the GB azor's/control deck.

I like this list. I'm looking forward to the refined list. How has the Scorpion God worked for you?