>5e Trove
rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/

>5etools
5etools.com
Stable releases - get.5e.tools/

>Resources
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Previously, on /5eg/:
Tell me about the times you were the heros of your setting.

Didn't we already do the 'heroes of your setting' question a couple threads back

Who cares, thread questions are more of a tradition anyway, nobody actually bothers seriously answering them, unless it's something effortless.

Now that you mention it, it does sound familiar. Doesn't help I probably should have gone to bed a couple hours ago.

What's a multiclass that works great thematically but utterly fails mechanically?

>Sun Soul Monk/Celestial Warlock
>Beast Master Ranger with horse/Order of Ancients Paladin

Angry primal shaman represented through Barbarian/Cleric. Really Barbarian/Spellcaster of any kind (except Moon Druid)

Friend to the beasts Druid/Beastmaster Ranger

Trickster Cleric / Rogue

Fighter/Mage/Thief
Fighter/Priest/Thief

This idea was originally for 3.5 but:

Druid (either vanilla circle) and four-elements monk.

Basically the idea of a monk having trained so well in mimicking nature, they actually have unlocked druidic powers and can now take on the forms of the wilds and land.

>Inspiring Leader
How do you inspire them?

Use black frames not white, use more of them.

can somebody give an example of a chaotic good character in film/tv
i need inspiration for a character

Starting a new campaign at level 6. What do I play?

Lore Bard
Assassin Rogue/Shadow Monk
Wizard (either Divination, Conjuration or
Illusion)
A smart Barbarian

Or the audience can decide... What suggestions, /5eg/?

Robin hood

Robin Hood
Tony Stark
V for Vendetta
Batman

"Hear me now, you sons of war, you champions of battle! We embark again onto the field, where our blades will spill blood, our armor will weather blows, our bodies will scream for respite! But we do not rest until our work is done! Over there stand the enemy, (foul beasts/evil men/whatever it is), their numbers great, their strength savage, and their will driven by some dark malice. But we do not back down from the challenge! They will come at us, intent to kill. They will come at us, desperate to survive. They will come at us, and they will die. We do not show quarter! Now, raise your swords, my brothers, raise your voices in a cry to the heavens, raise your spirits for the fight to come! We are heroes all, and if we are to die, we will take them down with us!"

Lore Bard will get you the most fun, Wizard will give you the most power, Barbarian will give you the most glory, and Assassin/Shadow are okay if the entire party is thinking of being sneaky.

Paladin/Cleric is surprisingly terrible

Wizard/Barbarian.

Don't rage until you get Tenser's Transformation.

lore bard dancer/percussionist

>V for Vendetta
That one was more Chaotic Neutral

Lore Bard is good because of Magical Secrets, yes? What is good to take at the 6th level option?

Wizard is always fun. Don't play div though unless you actually want to use their fluffy spells. If you're going to power game just do it as an illusion and be more creative with it all.

Assassin rogue is only a fun choice if your DM is cooperative and loosens up the 'surprise' rules.

If your group lacks melee go with the burb.

Counterspell is nearly mandatory

lore bard is good because its a flavorful class with a ton of versatility that can fluidly shore up your partys holes so take what you think would be interesting

that said take counterspell lol

Backrubs.

Hex and Haste have never let me down

Counterspell is the #1 choice. Other than that pick what you want. Aura of Vitality is one I like to take for the out of combat healing.

I actually like the Div spells, but worry that the game is so combat heavy I won't ever get to use them.

Counterspell it is. Do Bards not get that as a normal spell?!

Haste is always nice, this is true. And taking a Paladin spell would be great fun.

Any Monk multiclass. It's just not possible.

Rip my eastern royal academy of war Drunken Monk/War Wizard dropout.

Monk is just such a MAD class in general. It and Paladin.
Especially multiclassing.

How do you deal with intelligent burrowing creature? The BBEG of my campaign is a corrupted brass dragon (basically a buffed Andraemos).
The thing is, brass dragon in 5e have burrowing speed, so every encounter ended with him under the sand, using magic, tail strike and occasionally popping his head for breath attack while our party running around in panic.

If I create the illusion of a wall in front of my character in combat, within clear vision of the enemy, do they for free know it's an illusion?

>lore bard is good because its a flavorful class with a ton of versatility that can fluidly shore up your partys holes
>Lore bard
>fluidly
>shore up your partys holes
Not really helping the bard's reputation there

Could a Lizardfolk hold a shield in its left hand, make an attack with both its bite (main attack) and a weapon in its right hand (bonus action attack) while still having an AC of ~19 (13 Natural + 4 Dex + 2 Shield)?

come on user, no need to be so anal

Fighting a dragon on its own terms should almost always lead to defeat user, preparation is 3/4 the fight.

I'm changing the Dragonborn to fit my setting and the flavour I want better, I combined them and Kobolds into subraces of a single Dragonfolk race. Now I wanna buff them a bit but can't decide whether to give them Natural Armor, proficiency in athlethics or +1 hp now and every level up, which option would be the best while not being unbalanced?

A monk could, although you have the bonus/action mixed up in that case.

no? where are you getting the bonus action attack, TWF? you need a light weapon in each hand for that unless you take the feat, and even then you need a weapon in each hand

/5eg/, I need your help.

My players are really slow. Not in a bad way - they have interesting ideas of what they'd like to try in combat and they often stop to roleplay out stuff for a while out of combat. Unfortunately, this makes them significantly slower than other groups I've DMed for. What took one group two sessions, this group has succesfully drawn out to three sessions and still at least a third of the stuff to go. Some of them arrive late some sessions (and I've started going on without them) and they frequently decide they want to finish up early - yet they all say they're having lots of fun and frequently discuss the game, so as far as I can tell they're not just bored with my game.

They're enjoying themselves and so am I, but I feel like I'll die of old age before we get anything done. Do any of you have a way that I could incentivise my players to act a little bit faster? I don't want to tell them 'Stop roleplaying!' or place a timer on their turns (they don't honestly take that long on turns in combat). I just feel like I'm constantly asking them what they're doing next to bring them back.

I know it sounds like I'm complaining over a good group, which I kind of am, but I just want to know if I can shave the seconds off a little bit.

natural armor us the only decent option there and shouldn't be too powerful unless you've given them a lot of other good stuff

>monk with a shield getting martial arts

why do you want to speed them up? just let them play at their own pace if they're enjoying it, there's no rush right?

Nothing prevents flurry user. You can always just not make the second attack, like if you happened to attack+bite for a kill.

I'm guessing that multiclassing Paladin/Wizard isn't viable at all.

I love the concept of an arcane warrior worshipping a god of knowledge/magic thought. Uncovering lost lore and smiting those who would abuse it.

Should I homebrew an INT paladin or would that be overpowered as hell?

You don't need divine powers to be devote, sounds like an EK/wizard to me.

Eldritch Knight is a much better fit for that IMO. A worshipper doesn't HAVE to be a cleric/paladin after all. You can just be a righteous fighter.

Not necessarily, but most might suspect it at the least. After all, in d&d you could have conceivably conjured a real wall.

I'm playing Kensei Monk 5/UA Deep Stalker 3, rest Monk.
It works fine. 5 attacks on the first round all with advantage, Dex/Wis for everything, Hunter's Mark for tons of attacks synergy. First turn you have 50 move speed, 80 potentially with Zephyr Strike (which lets you avoid AoO, good for jumping on a specific target and hitting it with 3 Stunning Strikes).

Yeah, I suppose I'm complaining over nothing. Was just wondering if anyone had any time-saving tips, just little stuff to keep us moving.

No personal relationship/link with the deity is kind of a turn down... Maybe I could refluff it and that's that.

I'd love to use Tensei's transformation + smite though... Seems a badass as hell combination.

>No personal relationship/link with the deity
Have you ever met a religious person in real life? Many would argue that point vehemently.

Anyone ever make a statblock for a gulguthydra? Pretty interested in using one and I don't mind the work bringing it from an earlier edition, but If it's already been done (I couldnt find one in a 10 minute google search), could some kind user link me?

You mean you already have to old stats? It's a much quicker search to find that

Next session is going to be the party with an army behind them versus an army of millions of undead, 4 liches, 3 death knights, two dracoliches (ancient red, adult white), the enemy general based on a death knight, the mysterious "master" behind the whole thing and a unholy abomination summoned from places beyond comprehension.
It's going to be fun.

It's in desert setting and my party is very unlucky, we roll random encounter against BBEG twice.
I guess i have to think a way to lure him into surface. I have no idea how though, because unlike white and blue, brass is very hard to provoke.
I find it weird that my party can chase a lich across dimension, but can do very little against enemy 10 feet bellow.

>A monster that has a burrowing speed can use that speed to move through sand, earth, mud, or ice. A monster can’t burrow through solid rock unless it has a special trait that allows it to do so.
Draw it away from its lair, turn the floor of its lair into rock, trap it inside with you.

Lore Bard.

Combine Lore Bard and Wizard and become Lore Wizard. Be the cancer you know you want to be and be everything that is wrong with Mearls' creations.

>real life theology is relevant to a setting where gods are demonstrably real and interact with mortals

If people can have faith in nothing, they can have faith in the demonstrable. You don't need magic powers to have faith, especially when its FUCKING REAL.

Flurry is unarmed, so you'd be doing 1 damage plus your strength modifier if you were not using martial arts.

>Bite.

Your fanged maw is a natural weapon, which you can use to make unarmed strikes. If you hit with it, you deal piercing damage equal to 1d6 + your Strength modifier, instead of the bludgeoning damage normal for an unarmed strike.

Yeah, but I'd have to recreate the statblock for 5e. I was more-or-less wondering If someone already made one, so I wouldn't have to take the extra time to bring it over.

I don't mind it, I just want my effort to be worthwhile and not feel like I wasted it on something someone already did ages ago, you feel me?

Saw a good Monk(shadow)/Rogue(Assassin) muliclass done by a Wood Elf

Still seems pretty poor as you aren't getting your dex modifier.

If you want a high AC monk and don't care about martial arts, just go full heavy armor sun soul blaster.

I'm going to have my players each have a little personal side-objective to complete during the next part of their adventure - just a small thing they need to accomplish while they're at it.

I've got ideas for some of them (like the rogue getting paid for stealing a certain item by a contact, and the Paladin being able to Sanctuary once per long rest as a boon from her goddess) but I'd like to think of something along these lines for the Shadow Sorcerer. Some shadowy force wants her to take an important item (basically an orb that can list the true name of whoever looks at it) - I'm stumped to think of a boon to give her. The player's quite new, so I don't have to worry overly about abusing any small permanent gift. Would a maximum sorcery points boost be a good idea? A new spell/cantrip? A magic item for them to play with?

Not him, but Sun Soul isn't a real Monk, get that shit out of here. It's basically the opposite of everything that makes people play Monk.

They sound like the type that would much more appreciate a sandbox than a railroad

what in the god damn are the friggin rules about the rules eldritch knights can learn? I know it's typically only Evocation and abjuration wizard spells but it seems like there are ways to learn other spells.

Are you able to swap out your Evocation and abjuration spells for other spells upon leveling up or something?

I didn't say what he wanted was viable, just that its technically feasible by doing that.
Obviously user wanted to somehow dual wield with his face and an unspecified one handed weapon, but i actually gave a mechanically functional idea.

Give her a boon that lets her pick another metamagic option for free to her list, and she can also use it once per day per long rest for free.

And a monk that can't use martial arts on account of wielding a shield is? We're already talking about a monk outside the norm. Your arbitrary purity standards aren't really relevant.

And I was commenting on the viability. I would generally assume players aren't looking to play bad characters.

I quite like the sound of that, user. Thanks. Have a cute lesbian.

see
I was directly addressing a question.

From the Wizard list you learn one evocation, one abjuration, one wildcard spell (anything).
When you reach 8th, 14th or 20th, you get another wildcard spell.
The subclass table shows when you learn other spells, which must be from the abjuration list.
When you level up, you can replace any of your spells, but wildcard spells remain wildcard, and abjuration/evocation spells can only be turned into other abjuration evocation spells.
It's all in the "Spells Known of 1st-Level and Higher" section of EK.

Boons and training in general are underutilized rewards.
How often do you experience DMs having non-Find Familiar, familiars like the MM has variants for after all?

And I responded to your answer. What are you having trouble with?

Good point, we have to find the lair first then. Also some leveling to do.
One of my team suggestion is having two separate team, one to keep him away, the other to steal valuable object from his lair, then we can lure him into cliff area to have a chance. I hope the lair guardians isn't too difficult.

Woops, which must be from the abjuration or evocation list*

>How do you deal with intelligent burrowing creature?
Have a spellcaster ready an action to hit the dragon with any number of stunning/incapacitating spells as it reveals itself. Move a grappler in to lock it down. Murder it.

If you lack access to Transmute Rock, you can always go the manpower route. Load up carts with rocks and pay people to unload them in the lair while your whole party is the distraction.

>legendary resist kicks in
>spellcaster gets grappled by its mouth and dragged underground

Human fighter. Having spells and lazily solving your problems that way won't teach you how to roleplay, nor improve your ability to do so

Can't use em on ability checks, so if you can manage to grapple it somehow then it should work.
Still, prepping the field is far more effective.

Can't grapple something if you're two sizes smaller, though you can climb it which gives you advantage

Oh, that makes so much more sense. Thanks homie.

Yea, that's why i said "if you can manage".
Enlarge would be enough for an adult though, becoming large for huge.

You start poking holes in any plan and there's going to be problems. And if your GM is one to straight up murder a player character with a single attack, then the problem isn't really going to be resolved by planning or strategy.

You just have a good group, user. I'm sorry. Try focusing more on roleplay encounters than combat encounters since they seem to naturally be a more roleplay-centric group. That way instead of being an assblasted DM waiting for a turn why they interact with one another, you've got a mouthpiece as well. Helpful sidekicks, arrogant frenemies, whatever. Just allow yourself to likewise interact with the players. Sounds like a group to pepper in combat in while focusing on problem-solving, be it puzzles or social 'combat' should be used to resolve most things.

As far as scheduling shit, if these guys have lives then being a bit late and wrapping up early is perfectly normal. I have a group that meets at 6 in theory, but work traffic often has people getting delayed until closer to 7 and we usually cut off around 10 because people with jobs have to sleep.

Depends on who the character is, currently though by flexing.

>you have a good group
You can roleplay without being slow. His group sounds like a case of Critical Role. Taking far too long for stuff that doesn't need to be taken slowly. If they're having fun, so be it, but there's a thing as too much roleplay all the same.
People showing up late and wanting to end earlier definitely isn't a sign of a good group, though, since it's not just happening once or twice from the context he was writing it.

You say you're using the feat and it works.

Sorry that not everyone shows up to play DnD to collect scalps and xp.

Honestly I kinda agree, he mostly did everything out of vengeance. It just so happened that by doing it and the best way to go about it helped the people over all.

Which then brings up the question, if you are doing something for selfish reasons, but it helps people in a positive way that can be seen as good are you good?

He said most of his groups got by it in a reasonable period, and his group is apparently taking around 60% longer than everyone else. It's more like his group is the odd one out and is genuinely just being slow.
You can be efficient in combat, which gives you plenty of time to roleplay and still move at a reasonable pace.