>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU
>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/
>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg
>Stripping Paint (yes, the ellipses are part of the URL!)
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...
>Priming With Acrylic Gesso
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso
>Green Stuff Casting
fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2011/11/molding-and-casting-shoulderpads.html
masteroftheforge.com/2012/05/21/rubber-molds-green-stuff/
masteroftheforge.com/2012/07/17/green-stuff-cast-shoulder-pad/
>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf
>WIP's own 10-point painting scale:
pastebin.com/sxXFfws3

Other urls found in this thread:

scalemodelshop.co.uk/as-186s-airbrush-compressor-with-cooling-fan-scale-model-shop-as-186s.html?fee=1&fep=5089&utm_source=google_shopping&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=google_shopping&gclid=Cj0KCQiAzfrTBRC_ARIsAJ5ps0t0bP7LT4gKJa06p31VrKVNXJES4I_7oN1IgwtH_yCsevgsLxMS0MsaAnYKEALw_wcB
woodlandscenics.woodlandscenics.com/show/Item/CT-FR/page/1
sceneryexpress.com/SilflorMiniNatur/departments/1040/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Wait, we getting a New Johnny?

We don't meme it hard enough outside of wip for them to acknowledge it. It's just an old picture

Whatcha working on wip? Finish anything recently?
Planning a new conversion or paint scheme?
Learn any new techniques?
You've got an entire backlog to work on are you sure you need another box?

What anons do you recognice by his painting style?
Toothpick user, cool infinity operators user, nurgle by colorful washes user, old school ultramarines user, that guy with deathwatch and lamenter primaris...who else?

savage ork user, oldschool blood angels guy

Working on a very siege-battered Leviathan. Obviously I need to line the recesses a bit, but what else would you do for weathering or detail before I start the base? I’m open to a lot of ideas.

I tihnk it looks decent as is, maybe add some dirt/mud/weathering to the gun arm, it's a little wierd how the rest of the dread is filthy but that arm is pristine

I myself am painting my Nurgle Knights. While they're still at an early stage - I haven't added any washes yet, some areas are still unpainted and there is a lot of cleaning left - they are beginning to take shape. I'm very much looking forward to having them completed so that I can move on to my Gorebeast Chariots.

>You've got an entire backlog to work on are you sure you need another box?
>went to buy some new paints, came back with celestine and the urge to start up a small sisters army.

Next up. The “Come and Take It” flag but with a cog instead of a star. Then “Join or Die” on a dune crawler as well as “Don’t treat on me”

>primaris Johnny
>old picture

epic just epic bro

yea, that picture is a few months out of date, we're missing a few Johnnys from it

>You've got an entire backlog to work on are you sure you need another box?
Don't guilt trip me pls

try adding some purple/blue heat weathering on the barrel. I forget where i saw a guide on how to do it but it makes big gun barrels look great

leviathans are so fuckin good looking

>leviathans are so fuckin good looking
truly the best type of dreads, it's like if a contemptor and a boxnought had a freaky hybrid baby

Spooky white necron guy

boxnoughts are so small in comparison. Leviathans are everything dreads were meant to be: big hulking, walking tanks, that contain the shattered remains of the greatest chapter heroes inside an almost-but-not-quite human shaped hull.

they really got the proportions juuust right with them. Their weapon designs look sick as fuck too.

Got my first unit of hunters built last night. Just one more hunter unit & a load of gryph hounds to build

>tfw I want another leviathan but from a fluff point of view I can barely justify my chapter having one let alone two.

>tfw i play Red scorpions so i can always justify having unrealistic amounts of forge world kits if i wanted to

what chapter do you play user? maybe there's some kind of way to fluff them in there.

my own Exorcists successors. fluffwise the Leviathan contains the original chapter master, it's a bit less ornate than culln's dreadnought but I guess he's just modest like that.
If I get another one down the line I'll probably end up painting it up as a different chapter.

>Look at this guys rules
>He can hold someone in his claw and shoot them with the bolter in it
Holy Fuck, I want to play Red Scorpions now

I've still got loads to do but i'm happy with how it's turning out so far.

Are there any airbrush compressors out there worth it under $100? Or am I going to have to go for bigger money?

scalemodelshop.co.uk/as-186s-airbrush-compressor-with-cooling-fan-scale-model-shop-as-186s.html?fee=1&fep=5089&utm_source=google_shopping&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=google_shopping&gclid=Cj0KCQiAzfrTBRC_ARIsAJ5ps0t0bP7LT4gKJa06p31VrKVNXJES4I_7oN1IgwtH_yCsevgsLxMS0MsaAnYKEALw_wcB

This is what I have. It comes rebranded by different companies and should be about the 100 dollar mark if you search around. It's about as cheap as you can get while having an integrated air reservoir, which is 100% worthwhile. An air tank improves spray quality and consistency massively as well as allowing your compressor to turn off half the time. I started with a similarly priced compressor with no tank and the different is remarkable.

>tfw you're on the list

Is this make up compressor good for airbrushing miniatures? I can buy it very cheaply

>yea, that picture is a few months out of date, we're missing a few Johnnys from it

This is the 12th version that includes Louise's Rainbow Warriors Johnny and a few of the newer conversions (Ork, Imperial Guard, and Raptors) that have shown up lately. If I had a few more, I could re-insert the illustrations and we could add another row across the bottom.

Would zandri dust -> ushabti bone -> screaming skull work for bones? I'm doing this over black primer.

10/10 amendments.

I remember seeing some really well painted eyes on things like the little Death Guard crawler things, how do you do good eyes like that? I want some variety in my eyes for the chaos spawn I'm doing.

>Finally getting around to assembling my Kingdom Death promos
>made of resin
>can immediately feel how fragile it is
Holy fuck this is stressful, carcinogens aside

no. you want a compressor with a tank.

Yes

Mostly done body of a bloaty boy.
I painted a bit of basing on my pox walkers with steel legion drab and raknarth flesh highlights, so it's kind of a dreary faded light brown. I was thinking red foilage used sparingly like
woodlandscenics.woodlandscenics.com/show/Item/CT-FR/page/1
but also thinking maybe just golden yellow grass / dead field look. I think the red the red would be a nice clash, but maybe clash too much. Also, I have pins stuck in the dirt to act as mushrooms. They're cute.

Sounds like it's time for an allied detachment, user.

looks good!

Tank Cathedral Word Bearer and Wild Wild West spider AdMech anons. I always love huge conversions.

Yes, that's the order most people will use for bones generally.

Does any of the GW Texture paints roughly match Steel Legion Drab coloured sand? My current way of basing takes forever, but I don't want to have to strip all of my current models.

blue Valhallan guard user who gets memed on for the face of one of his dudes.

pic unrelated

I accidentally a thing

That's a weird floor plan for a kitchen. Usually the sink is near a window and the stove closer to the center.

>citadel

Yeah, no.

Continuing to work in this test model for my new ISS from infinity.

When are you getting a better camera Angel?

Anybody got that guide to paint 30k Alpha legion?

Who?

love this kit, so glad they've rereleased it

Literally just look up "how to paint alpha legion" on google images

?

is it possible to prime/basecoat the same way you can dunk and shake to apply a wash?

it would obviously be horrible in quality compared to a spray/brushed primer/basecoat but are their any products out there made to do this?

Just get an airbrush if you want to apply a base coat quickly like that.

oh shit, i need to do this
then i might actually get models done

Thanks

I guess I should have clarified or something- I've seen people paint the big old lenses on the DG bots as realistic eyes, and it looks really damn good to me. Any tips?

How can i improve my Death Guard lord?

Hello /wip/

I'm currently fielding 3 repressor in my SOB army.

Two are from Z, one is from cheap-n-fast. Z's one are terrible and even a generous amount of greenstuff and polishing, combined with an (on purpose) low-ish quality paintjob to distract attention away from the model can't hide the fact it's a recast.
The cheap-n-fast one is slightly better, at first glance it's okay, but it won't resist a close inspection either.

Do any of you guys knows good source for their repressors ? I would gladly buy the forge-world one, but they are OOP. The ones on ebay are all recast too...

I've seen that heresy-forge ru have one in their catalog. Anyone tried it ?

Posting from last thread. Got my Fyreslayers kit today. Wanted it for the Magmadroth and the crests/axes for my marines, but I like the sculpts of the dwarves, so I might figure out something to do with them.

Got done basing a couple of my guys, and painted up my Sarge. Unhappy with the GS loincloth but I got a lot more tacticals to practice on.

Where do I get that Primaris Johnny?
And dont you " ON THE INTERNET" me, /wip/!

Heh, nice!

that's a conversion. The wip post with the how to is floating around these parts as screenshot I think.

oh, thanks!

Where do you guys get those things to make your bases look like grass and snow?
Anything else that is cool to have to customise my bases?

grass and snow are done with various types of flock, static grass and sometimes resins.
There are plenty of types available, both from wargaming brands (armypainter, GW, etc) and modelling companies (mininatur and such).

Is there a good us distributor for mininatur? I want their moss but always cringe at shipping costs

More Nurglings.

I assume you're in the US?
As someone who lives next door to Germany, I can get the stuff easily enough.

You could try these guys:
sceneryexpress.com/SilflorMiniNatur/departments/1040/
They're based in Pennsylvania.

No, have this instead.

Finished up a GSC IG killteam for SWA. Probably a bit late to play SWA, but I'm happy with it.

My camera sucks

You might play Necromunda instead

i am really struggling to paint a barbarian (And a few other mostly topless guys i have)

I cant quite get the highlighting right.
I've checked one or two tutorials but they don't quite sink in.
You guys know of any good ones?

Pic Related but not my own work, i'd be fine if it was my own.

Based around half my models today(around 50), what are some good robust grasses to put on them?

>Probably a bit late to play SWA
How is that a problem? Did everyone throw away their teams or something?

The dude who does the crazy grot conversions

What is that model that you are working on feeling forced to, /wip/? The one that you work on just because you don't want to see a gray blob on the table but you'd rather work on something else?

I'm slogging through some troops to try out a system with a friend but honestly as of now I'd rather work on scenery and additional squads for a campaign we just started. Since I provide models for both of us I feel like I'm actually wasting time working on something else. It doesn't help that starting may we'll be unable to meet and play for several months.

A reaper Bones angel blob. I really should just throw the damn thing out. I own much nicer minis now.

And the seoni mini I bought and half painted.

put these together yesterday, sorry for shite photo

>tfw just primed 11 models
Haha! Good bye freetime!

Though, 8 of them are the interceptors from the XCOM board game which I only plan to airbrush, detail, shade, and call done

Well, here's a Johnny I posted a while back

...why is this pose called a Johnny? whats the backstory on this?

Pic related.

Old rogue trader model that had a dumb pose combined with an ed edd n eddy meme

>these are cool, and it is a shame that GW arent gonna support shadow war anymore, that system works really well.

They are named Johhny after a character from the cartoon Ed, Edd 'n Eddy. Who has a plank as an imaginary friend (pic related).
The meme marine looks as if he's speaking to his magazine, much like Johnny talks to plank.

they're awesome, where did you get the kit?

ah, neat.
thanks.

Honestly I'm probably just making assumptions based on my time here on Veeky Forums. I'm the kinda guy who can't bring himself to go out and play with people unless my stuff is painted and when you keep starting more projects you just keep putting off going out to play.

It's a bad habit in its own right.

cheers m8, it's parts of the trench fighter kits from anvil industry

I tried to go back and improve some of my old guard, How’s this camo working?

Camo isn't that bad, but I would suggest maybe dulling it down a bit with a wash, or using sliiightly brighter armor colors

Working on a flyer base. Still working on the other one. Need to strip some guys and plop em on.
Hows it look?

The first time I saw this model I thougth it was a radio

Heres the second one. Probably gonna put only 1 kabalite on and make him look like hes fighting.

what are the best cost/benefit paints out there?

P3s pretty good in price, though some of their paints look a bit rubbery

ill have to check it out! thanks man