Weekend Warcraft Lore General

I Wonder If It Will Fit Edition

Discuss the lore and story of the Warcraft franchise and its application in and around traditional games.

>Document compendium: Contains official (ex-canon) DnD 3.x variants and a fan made DnD 5e version! Also contains the official Warcraft Chronicles volumes 1 and 2.
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B52pEESRLwfBM3V0Sm5NTlBITlk

>Previous thread

first for Thisalee Crow, the best night elf

hate it or not
it was nigger, until Manfred von Nathanos fucked everything

cool Malfurion from WC3, before Knaak tainted him with his works

Why do I find this hot?

how would an End Times scenario go now? A resurgent Legion? Infinite dragon shenanigans? Void Lords clashing with Light Lords? Azeroth awakens and all lilfe on her is annihilated/incorporated into her essence? One last ultimate RvB battle that wrecks the cosmos?

Because she is hot.

Zug Zug

Blood and Thunder

>the only good night elf

Blood and Elf

>because Thisalee Crow is hot
>because implications of lesdom are hot
>because harpies are hot
or you just have a guro fetish I guess

Light vs Void as its already established as Order vs Chaos

but who would be the Void's Archaon?

Shal'dorei > Sin'dorei >>> Quel'dorei >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kal'dorei

Alleria

Shal'dorei females look too thin.

Anduin

Nathanos Blightcaller is hot

It's the perfect form, only mon'keigh lovers think otherwise.

Completely wrong. Thisalee Crow is best girl.

>tfw able to appreciate all elves

who else /patrician/ here?

You're both wrong.

He has awful taste in women.

This. If anything, the best elves are still not playable. The Darkfallen.

would they also join the Horde?

bruh them just stopping the setting and saying this is the new one with AoS would've been better.

That's only logical, but I'm 100% down with them joining the Alliance as long as we get them at all.

What did he mean by this?

Also, Darkfallen are undead bloodsucker elves e.g. totally Horde.

Where do the Ren'dorei rank?

Lol fucking wut?

Lok'tar Ogar
My life for the horde!

in the garbage

what is the point of having a warcraft lore thread if it is full of degenerates as /wowg/

even /TGESG/ is far more educated than you shitgrills

Except it's canonically confirmed that the Void aren't bad guys, just inherently corrupting and very difficult to control.

For all we know, the Warcraft universe could end with the Army of Light smiting the Void from the setting and destroying the very concept of destruction, causing rampant, explosive creation that transforms the universe into a deathless, cancerous mass of exponentially increasing density.

Light is not nice, Void is not evil.

Ok, I dropped this next to something saved some time ago. Guess it's almost the same model.

IDK, nelves seem the closest to the archetypal tolkien, ahem fantasy on graceful treehugging herbalist waifus.

..on a second thought, fuck it, you're right.

t. Sylvanas before Arthas visited Quel'Thalas.

ME NOT THAT KIND OF ORC!

>tolkien, ahem
lol no. They were initially purple asrai with the male and female roles swapped.

He was shaped up to be the chosen of the light, leading the army of the light on a holy crusade over worlds to recruit other races to fight the legion. You know, before the leejun was stopped in a single patch.

>Meanwhile Baine has to prepare for another tedious day of defending Garrosh.

Yes; just stating my tastes. I know different people RP things differently.

>ok Gormar, I put these on just like you said, now what are we gonna do~?

>No ass
>No tits
>Prune face

Please put it out of its misery.

>Loa were mysterious and whatever the fuck they wanted to be but then fucking blizzard had to clarify shit because new lore team wanted to write their own fanfic theories as lore.
Honestly, I think the main people have with Chronicles are their own bullshit theories they're inferring from the book, without realizing that Chronicles is a lot vaguer than they believe it is. What's so surprising about Loa being Wild Gods? Of course they're fucking Wild Gods. We've known since Cata, and it was obvious since they were fucking animal spirits.

Unless we're talking about the other Loa like Zanza or Bwonsamdi, who aren't Wild Gods at all. Rather, they're obviously Ghosts of a sort.

just like the Burning Legion was not actually evil, they really wanted to protect the universe by preventing a dark titan from forming

>female druid
this was one of the first signs of destabilization of night elf government, along with male priests

Which, if you think about it, makes Trolls the race most closely attuned to both Life and Death at once.

To be honest, majority of Troll Loas being Wild Gods was getting obvious by around Zul'Aman or at best by Zul'Drak. That being said, everything can become Loa, like Zanza the Restless.
When a Troll says to you "Your mother's a Loa!" you should thank him for the good news.

Didn't Blizzard say they wanted quests to take us all over the old world again? Hell, they even seem to be willing to revisit Draenor. So. Imagine for a moment that the Zandalari gives us quests to revisit old Troll cities to try recruiting for the Horde and helping them get their shit together. That'd help give the Horde additional manpower and bases on the Eastern Kingdoms.

If the Kith'ix model is named properly, we could go to Zul'aman and help them deal with that. Perhaps sign an actual peace treaty ceding a chunk of Quel'thelas and the surrounding lands to them. Then I'd very much love to revisit the Gurubashi, perhaps even helping to purify Hakkar or assist in whatever the fuck his deal is these days. The players helped save him from his disobedient worshipers after all.

If Zul'Farrak could be cleaned up, it'd also probably help around Silithus, and who wouldn't want to aid in some relief efforts for the Drakkari victims of the Scourge?

The Alliance could probably do something similar. I'd love to see the Night Elves recruiting their various old Kalimdor allies. Maybe finally dig the Dark Trolls up from under Hyjal and call up their own Wild Gods to match the Zandalari Loa.
>you should thank him for the good news.
Would you really be that happy to learn your mother was dead?

Wouldn't you be happy that your mother isn't simply dead, but she became a spiritual being that can give power to those that venerate her?

Well, that'd certainly soften things. I suppose I'm going to hope Blizzard hasn't forgotten about Zanza and other such Loa.

>The Alliance could probably do something similar. I'd love to see the Night Elves recruiting their various old Kalimdor allies. Maybe finally dig the Dark Trolls up from under Hyjal and call up their own Wild Gods to match the Zandalari Loa.
>Night Elves have to finally accept the fact that they are descendants of Dark Trolls for the sake of getting aid in Kalimdor
I wonder which Night Elf would be able to swallow his or hers pride for the sake of the Alliance and retaking lost lands.

I hope they fix the Dark Iron voices.

Late reply but Cataclysm did a lot of stupid shit with the lore to fit classes, including Goblin Priests, Tauren Priests/Paladins, Orc Mages, Human Druids, and Worgen Death Knights. And with that in mind, there's still lore about the Highborne mages being mistrusted and arcane magic being restricted on Teldrassil.

so the night elves learned nothing, in the end, or were willing to throw all of it away just to spite the Suramari population. And then they wonder why the Nightborne join with the blood elves.

>Male Nightborne warriors

oh god

the proportions look so fucking dumb.

but on another note, I just unlocked Lightforged Draenei, time to be a fucking space marine.

Well, if they're matriarchal like the Blood Trolls and pray to the Ma'da Moon, how could they reject their fellow savages?

>tfw female nightborne warrior

lok'tar, fellow members of the Horde

I really don't understand why Nightborne are so popular. They're the least aesthetically-pleasing of the elves by a pretty significant margin. On top of that, Suramar is probably the single most excruciating zone in the entire game, and the quests aren't even interesting. It's a big enough slog to kill any fondness I might have had for the NPCs, not that there was any to begin with. I'm baffled as to why I see so many fucking Nightborne running around Dalaran, Orgrimmar, and even the fucking Skyhold (which used to be an orcs club).

They're just a bad-looking attempt at a second Burning Crusade-era blood elf race. However, Blizzard somehow found a way to fix their addiction problem EVEN FASTER. I remember how disappointed a lot of people were when the Sunwell was fixed so easily and blood elves became more "benevolent." I would have figured Blizzard's writers would have realized that people liked those aspects of the blood elves and left them in the Nightborne, now that there's a second attempt, but maybe the writers forgot/decided against it. I guess maybe they don't want players to have a race that's forced to have the baggage of magical addiction?

>we need to prevent a Dark Titan from forming by following the Dark Titan

Did Blizzard find a way to do reverse-corruption on the Legion? Do you think the story will turn out that the Legion really was right all along and not just mislead by Sargeras being paranoid? Will the true conflict end up being Light and Void both being bad?

>Will the true conflict end up being Light and Void both being bad?
No. We'll never get rid of either the Void or the Light. They're just fundamental forces. Negative and positive energy.

>when a demon hunter asks how much you've sacrificed.

Cataclysm turned several races into exactly what they were never supposed to be again.
>night elves accept mages (and begin their long descent into being hopeless punching bags)
>orcs regress into Old Horde retardation
>Forsaken become the new Scourge
>Theramore becomes the staging point for war against the Horde
>Zandalari become loa-eating retards and even try to revive Hakkar

Ragnaros allying with the Black Dragonflight after being bitter enemies in vanilla was pretty stupid too.

>Ragnaros allying with the Black Dragonflight after being bitter enemies in vanilla was pretty stupid too.
it was supposed to show how important the return of the Old Gods was that it would make them work together

>Forsaken become the new Scourge
I honestly don't think raising the dead was ever too out of character for them. At least depending on which section of their society we're talking about. The old ideas they had for the Forsaken Cult of Forgotten Shadow had them believing undeath was one of the first steps to proper ascension, so the idea that their society could be influenced to see undeath as a gift isn't so strange to me.

Times change.

Cataclysm was when they went really overboard with turning the entirety of the Forsaken into the Royal Apothecary Society. Forsaken were probably flanderized worse than any other race. There's basically no pushback against the idea of raising the undead shown within the Forsaken, and they're only just now creating a faction of Forsaken that dislike Sylvanas (and it seems their reasons for disliking her is that they don't like her being Warchief instead of being just their leader, rather than disliking her for being the Lich Queen).

What’s the maximum canonical death count for a player? The last time I checked, and Undead Death Knight that went through all raids since icecrown and questing I certain zones dies 6 times, counting 1 canonical death to Argus, but I might be wrong.

Sargeras may have somewhat good intentions, but it's good intentions that's the road to Hell is paved with.
Also, unlike Sargeras, big part of the demons enjoyed before and enjoyed after doing main part of the Burning Crusade, that is burning all life in Fel Fire.

The Highborne situation is a bit sad. We see one night elf in Ferelas take up this new arcane focus with the return of the Highborne, only to be disowned by her friends & family.
Were they so lonely that they'd accept the place of social pariahs & second-class citizens?

depends on what you consider canon
since spirit healers and free rez's are canon during some quests and not others.

Six? I remember Arthas killing the raid, as well as every DK's death that brought them to the Scourge, but what're the other four?

Honestly, the direction I'd have taken the Forsaken in would probably have been very different. I'm not anti-blight or anti-necromancy by any measure, as I don't think that makes them Scourge on its own. But I'd have made them more a nation of dark philosopher-priests and twisted scientists, where research into the fields other societies forbade was openly accepted.

However, I wouldn't have made them so militaristic and aggressive about it, though I guess Garrosh was actually the one who pushed them in that direction anyhow.

I count quests/ dungeons where if you did them while appropriately leveled, you die and are revived either through a cutscene or some mechanic, counting things like waking up in Stormheim as a horde with the alchemists and stuff talking about ressurecting you but not things like when you get banished to Helheim and just march out after bullying Helya for a bit or getting Battle resized by your group’s Druid mid-dungeon.

Undead was born a human, died to be forsaken. Was a forsaken, died to be a death knight. Ideas during the lunch king fight. That brings us to 3 deaths your character has had and we just finished wrath. I have the list somewhere, but I’m phone posting right now, I just remember you die as horde at stormheim start and during the Argus fight, so that’s 5; I can’t remember the 6th one off the top of my head.

Do the Azshara zone. You get killed to find Azuregos, who is hanging out with his Spirit Healer girlfriend.

It was a price worth paying for this.

While that does work with the new cata quests, that’s one death so unless there is another before outlands, it just ties with Death Knights. I did forget about that though, so thanks.
Is there another forsaken zone where you get killed I’m forgetting? Or a Goblin one maybe.

I just remembered you die in the Goblin starting zone actually, so Goblin of any class ties with forsaken if they go through assists, huh.

Well, I'm saying an undead Death Knight could reasonably do that quest in the proper timeline, even if they were overleveled. Outlands is a timewarp, so it's the one that's out of place.

You also killed yourself to talk to a ghost in the old Linken questline. And presumably also to talk to that ghost near Blackrock Depths.

I hoped they would unfuck Tyrande and Sylvanas' voices but here we are years later...

She's such an obnoxious twit.

Goblin priests are fine. Goblin shamans, on the other hand, are the worst race/class combo.

t. harpy

I guess I was unclear, sorry, I meant not counting weird worgen time travel, so am Undead warrior could theoretically count an outlands death, but nothing that was put in the game before wrath could count those. That being said, I think blizzard still wanted players to feel like strong guys all the time back then, so I don’t recall any pre-wrath deaths, but I might be wrong.

Zangarmarsh is still in top 5 zones after all these years.

it's even better with the new leveling system, it's so easy to gather up quests and burn them down. You get pretty much an entire level per quest hub

Unrelated to the discussion, but there is no worgen time travel beyond the disjointed progression that affects everyone. Their DKs are of Shadowfang Keep.

I can't hear you over the sound of you getting stabbed

Referencing this little number from when WoD was announced

I agree with everything you've said.
t. been maining an undead mage since Vanilla.

You also kill yourself for part of the new Uuna quest chain.

you are like a little baby, watch this

Ah. Shame that they never left a phased version of the pre-Cataclysm world available. It must've been hideously confusing to the new players blizzard were trying to court.

WE’RE AT 7! DO I SEE 8?!

does being sent to hell count as dying? If so that happens in Stormheim