Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Thunder Warrior edition
Arik Taranis lives subedition

Old thread →

>Thread FAQ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>NEW Mega Folder
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A

>HH rulebook
>epub
mediafire.com/file/mmr4e1yy7fnyxgy/HH_Rule_Book.epub
>pdf
www34.zippyshare.com/v/3a2haZF4/file.htm

Working on a very siege-battered Leviathan. Obviously I need to line the recesses a bit, but what else would you do for weathering or detail before I start the base?

Nothing, it's fine as is. Overdoing things is just as bad. Rather, get the base going, right now it looks like he's standing in cow manure.

You might want to do something to the barrels on the main gun, as it's entirely clean. Some light heat staining could work quite nicely.

>tfw cancerous Thunder Dad shows up at the siege of Terra to wreck havoc upon those filthyTraitors
Please FW don't be retards and give this motherfucker some rules.

>Mutilated retards around
So when the girmderp era in WH universe actually started?

Can anyone post the Custodes jetbikes marine conversion please? Thanks.

Fuck no, Outcast Dead is one of the worst book of the HH, and the TW fags masturbating over their shit book don't help its case.

>Emperor's Children rampaging throughout Terra
>A woman covers as a mutated legionary stands above her, maniacally licking his lips
>suddenly a sword pierces his skull
>he falls wordlessly
>woman looks up
>it's Arik Taranis with a squad of regular armed militia citizens behind him
>he turns around and charges into the fray
>SEE HOW A TRUE SON OF THE EMPEROR WAGES WAR
Please

Can't you go back one fucking thread yourself? Is that too much to ask?

>spoonfeed me pls

Why should he get any? Why is he in any way relevant (assuming he's still alive, and even if the emperor/custodes are utterly incompetent you'd think they'd at least make sure they'd dealt with the TW leader) to the horus heresy's story?

>assuming he's still alive, and even if the emperor/custodes are utterly incompetent you'd think they'd at least make sure they'd dealt with the TW leader
user, he IS alive, and he cured his cancer.

Also, I would think that the biggest crime lord on Terra is far more important to the finale than any Primarch in the other end of the galaxy

Somebody forgot their head at Istvaan today.

>Also, I would think that the biggest crime lord on Terra is far more important to the finale than any Primarch in the other end of the galaxy
You would think that, but no one else does because it's incorrect.

It's not incorrect. Read Outcast Dead (or at least the summary of it)

Because
>BL guys will probably bring back Taranis in the spotlight for some reasons and FW will use most of this new lore as a base
>FW will need some content for their book and most of the Legiones Astartes stuff should be done at this time.
And seriously, do you think they would miss the opportunity to sell another primarch-size model with some badass MkI armour ?

I have 2 grand and 4 day access to a hotel I don't have to pay to stay in (long story), should I go overseas to Warhammerfest? The twist is that the hotel is in London and the fest is in Coventry. Could any bongs explain to me what travel is like in the UK and how feasible a trip that would be to make for both days of Warhammerfest? I live in a country where something 2 hours away is considered next door, but I don't know how to get around in that area.

From my very outdated time in England, it'll be about a two and a half hour trip each way. And the train system is very good for shuttling back and forth

from a quick search, you're looking at somewhere between 2 to 3 hours, depending on time of day/how many changes you want to make.
As a regular passenger of Bongistan National Railway, I can say you should prepare for delays. You'll rarely have to deal with more than an hour's worth of delays, but that could seem either terrible or not too bad depending on your experience. Since you're going to and from London, you'll be on some of the busiest routes, but it also means you have the most options to avoid obstructions.

Daddy Fulgrim wouldn't be proud of you being too lazy to not go back one thread either user.

I would've done more weathering on the legs and less on the upper torso. Looks awesome, though. Dirty up the gun now.

Cut off a few bits and paint the holes less corroded.

>most of the Legiones Astartes stuff should be done at this time
That seems incredibly optimistic. Besides there are plenty of major characters who still don't have rules, like Lucius and Fabius Bile for the Emperor's Children.

Come now, user, you act like it takes them 4 years to produce a Primarch model.

Well... it does.

I can't see a lot of iconic characters still missing besides those to desu. Of course FW will add some new units as usual but another Dreadnought/flyer/Sicaran variant wouldn't be characterful unless it's closely related to siege warfare.

The big thing will obviously be the rules for daemon primarchs and heavily corrupted traitors like the EC or the DG but I can't see a lot of potential new toys for the Loyalists. IF are done, BA and WS are next on the list, Custodes and SoS have a full list too with only a few things to add (besides THE EMPRAH himself of course). Maybe rules for the Imperial Army since Auxilia Imperialis but again it's nothing linked with Terra in particular.

>IF are done
Reeeeeeeeeeeeee give Huscarls

hopefully FW goes balls out with WS. Embellisments for bikes/jetbikes, glaives, terminator parts alternate helmets that aren't vaguely racist, transfers etc.

Because he was pretty much a Primarch tier hero under the service of the Emperor before there were actually Primarch's, based on his supposed accomplishments, his size, and what his soul apparently look like. Guy's up there with Valdor. He also happens to live on Terra, so probably doesn't want it to fall to Chaos, which he already has experience fighting.

It would be a cool, but still minor, story for him and the few last remnants of the TW's to scrap together a militia to help the Loyalists.

And for what army could you use him, and when?

And a Fort RoW.

Blackshields and during HH games.

>guy living only on Terra
>use him for marines outside terra

Imperialis Militia, Loyalist only.

Imperialis Militia and an option to take him similarly to a Knight Errant for marines.

A bit like the Nemean.

>he's basically a primarch
>he's up there with Valdor
The sums up why FW should continue to ignore BL's donut steel characters (sharrowkyn, this thunder warrior "primarch", madail the stronger-than-three-primarchs, etc.). They're just sonic-fanfiction tier awful.

Why are we even talking about this thunder warrior when Malcador could be released?

Because some anons are desperate for thunder warriors to get rules for some reason. I've no idea why, except possibly hipster/snowflakeness. I bet if thunder warriors got rules &models, and became somewhat popular, these people would move on to demanding rules for men of iron or something.

>FW releasing brokenly powerful psyker
>for loyalist
not until daemon primarchs are out

What rules for thunder wariors?
Marines statline, boltgun, some heavy weapon for support teams, ur-golem dread and some special rule for unstability forcing them to charge nearest enemy infantry unit on failed ld test?

>FW releasing brokenly powerful psyker
>for loyalist
What is Magnus?

They should probably be better in CC than marines. Or maybe higher strength, lower weapon skill.

So retarded world eaters without chainaxes?

A worthless daemon colluding traitor.

Blackshield Chymeria option 1.

>FW releasing brokenly powerful psyker for loyalist
Emprah

Didn't a small group of rebel Thunder Warriors manage to lay a beatdown on the War Hounds/World Eaters before getting zerg rushed by them?

>What is Magnus?
A miserable pile of mistakes.

Yes but they were defending in zone mortalis and probably vets.

They already exist, Blackshields Chymeridae work just fine.

No, really - when in the in-universe timeline people decided to go full bakka with useless implants, huge-ass tubes etc?

prolly too late now but repeated fresh cratering/melt spots on the crotch guard would be hilarious

like all these things he's stomped just thought FUCK HOW STOP and went for the dick

but it was never enough

just proxy with a Knight Errant ffs

>get a pair of HH boxes basically thrown in my lap
>get cheap Prospero when it dropped
>get a bunch of fixins and shit like Volkite
>paint up my spooky dudes
>Traitor Hate drops in 7th
>have fun playing them while building up to HH game numbers
>8th drops
>no more HH
>CSM are boring same shit again
>codex doesn't help NL at all
>steadily avoiding 40k games because I don't enjoy playing with my army anymore
>been over a year and still no HH either
This fucking sucks. I'm about to shelf my spooky dudes because I get no enjoyment from them anymore.

New termies when?
There are at least 2 patterns left

Saturine and what else?

Because MKI armors with a Roman aesthetics and sci-fi helmets straight from the 80s are pure gold and totally deserve models.

Don't know but in Extermination, AL part mention that during assault on Paramar they used at least 5 terminator armour patterns.

find a local HH group to play with

>I can't see a lot of iconic characters still missing besides those to desu
They still have nobody for the DA, BA, and WS. BA have at least two major characters, DA need Luther if nothing else, and I am sure WS have somebody they deem vital. Plus we still need rules and models for each of their primarchs. Off the top of my head necessary characters in need of both rules and models
>Sanguius
>Lion
>KHAAAAAAN!
>Azkaellon
>Raldoron
>Luther
>Fabius Bile
>Lucius

Not to mention likely needing rules and models eventually for daemon primarchs, at least Angron and Fulgrim who became full daemon princes before the heresy ended.

Who are too three strongest Primarchs on tabletop, anons?

>Proxy the greatest post-human warrior to ever fight for the Emperor beside the primarchs and Valdor with a Consul tier character.
No thanks.

Horus, Russ, Magnus

A lot of guys don't have models but have rules like Tarvitz and other guys from Istvaan III and Istvaan V.
No models for blackshields etc.

Russ, Horus, ragemode butchers nails Angron, transfigured Lorgar. Vulkan is a huge damage sponge but not great at killing. I'd assume Sangy but no rules yet.

Lol did you ever heard about Sigismund?

Correct me if I'm wrong but FW has never stated that a primarch will be good at melee before the actual rules came out.

I'm scared.

Sigismund would lose to a Primarch tier fighter like Valdor or presumably Taranis tho

He's just the best Astartes

Why we are talking about thunder warriors as much better than astartes when most info about how good they are come from book where random world eater rip custodes apart with his bare hands

There isn't anymore. They talk about their stuff, but no one wants to play. It's all 8th or the rapidly growing AoS (which has recently been beating out 40k).

>Playing NL
You deserve it for playing the punching bag faction.

Correct. I believe the kill ratio was 5 astartes dead for 1 thunder boi. It's in the first FW HH-book in the WE section.

Use the Blackshields rules and make a Reaver Lord.

Post pics pls, spooky user.

Don't forget Corswain for the DA and a FW created character for each legion.

It seems like the Thunder Warriors were a bit like the Custodes in terms of how their augmentations/strength varied on an individual level. Valdor was Primarch tier and the height of the shorter ones, but your average Custodes is just "better" than Astartes. Ghota is shorter than Astartes, but fights the Outcast Dead to a standstill, and Taranis is described as being a massive hulk of a dude, even to them, despite being half dead. Marines, bu comparison, have much more standardized augmentation results.

True, Siggy fell to the ol' pocket sand. It was funny when Kharn tried the same thing and got his shit pushed in.

Face punching strong or make my monster grow strong?

Because Russ is a pure beatstick who gives his army little, while Alpharius can barely take SadLorgar but supercharges you and all your dudes.

>Valdor was Primarch tier

Where are you getting this? Can he take on Alpharius?

Because cunts want to be snowflakes based on a book so shit BL tried to retcon it.

The TW's also all had cancer and mental issues that made the War Hounds look stable by then too. And shittier gear, presumably.

Sevatar lost that duel, btw, because he cheated.
When they eventually face each other for real on Terra (for who else could be Sev's doom?) he's going to be on the look-out

He could take on pre-Heresy Horus.

Alpharius/Omegon were pretty weak as far as Primarchs go.

As I said, BA, WS and DA are in the next two books - which aren't about the Siege of Terra - and daemon primarchs + rules for Chaosified Legions will obviously be a part of it. We know FW takes a fucking long time to release models but rules will be available for most of the characters you listed before the siege begins.

My question is : what LOYALIST character closely linked to Terra and not released in a previous book could be featured in the last book ? Taranis seems a decent choice alongside the Emps and Malcador.

>3+ save

Do you have a reference for the Horus vs Valdor fight?

>Sigismund
>Losing to a simply bigger dude
See, that's why you TW fags are unbearable. Just because of throwaway lines concerning throwaway dudes you want to wank over powerlevels when your favourite snowflakes are dead and buried. Move on my dude.

Valdor got jumped by 30 Thousand Sons Blademasters and killed them all solo.

He was described as tall as Alpharius, who was short for a Primarch to be fair.

He could beat some Primarchs in sparring matches.

I'm not that guy but it isn't just about size, his TW lieutenant took on 5 astartes at the same time and won, and even he was afraid of Taranis

Those Tsons were getting affected by the SoS near by. No force weapons. Maybe he could win a sparring match, but Valdor was worried when he thought Dorn was going to spar with him.

Sigismund, Champion of the Emperor.
Unnamed Imperial Fists Terminator, who is secretly also a Custode sometimes, and was an entire squad on one occasion.

In the lore ? Probably. On the tabbletop ? He kills him just before Alpharius can.

Oll Persson

I feel like if there are some 40K characters who can take on Daemon Princes/Primarchs, then the guy described as the greatest Custodes ever probably could too.

No, he really doesn't. There were loads of marines fighting on Terra, if FW want extra loyalist characters they'll make a story about one.

Also, if we are going BL, there's: a fair few named custodes other than valdor, slightly fewer named sisters, that ex-sister who basically became the first inquisitor, a load of imperial fists (including off the top of my head: katafalque, rann, the current archamus), vulkan's salamander bodyguard who are wandering about on Terra because of reasons fucking Kyme..., and various named knight-errants who don't have rules or models yet (assuming Malcador recalls them).

AP3 melee

Posted them before. Don't have much recent, though. Rhino still needs work as well as a 30k gunner swap, and the termies have arms I swear.

>He was described as tall as Alpharius, who was short for a Primarch to be fair.
Actually, it's believed he's taller, and closer in size to Dorn, based on Blood Games. The Twins were short enough that they could blend in with their marines.

>The Twins were short enough that they could blend in with their marines
Yes, but their marines were a little bit taller than the other marines, so it evens out