Can succubi be family friendly?

Can succubi be family friendly?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/QBb_t-Vc750
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

In a few years, they won't be anything friendly.

40k is dropping Slaneesh, MtG has an explicite "no succubus" policy, and I'm betting they'll be suspiciously absent in D&D 6e.

Have her be cute instead of sexy and feed on love, affection and hugs rather than bodily fluids. She could be really emotionally reliant on her husband without being family unfriendly.

>40k is dropping Slaneesh
Prove it
>MtG has an explicite "no succubus" policy
Pretty sure they always have
>and I'm betting they'll be suspiciously absent in D&D 6e.
"I don't have more examples so I'll make a baseless prediction and hope you don't notice"

Yes? Play down the sex, play up the more PG aspects of seduction or, well, the clichéd "rescue the imprisoned maiden in the dungeon, she turns out to be some form of shapeshifting monster".

Actually, this is probably why the D&D Succubus could drain levels through more than just outright sex. For example, in the AD&D Monster Manual:
>The kiss of the succubus drains the victim of one energy level
In a way they're basically just vampires who don't sensually suck your blood but do sensually make out with you. (Let's ignore the D&D punchpire for a moment.)

If you want to, you can even play up the conservative Christian agenda of abstinence: don't make out with random ladies or things will go bad for you! (Come think of it, these days succubi work well as a scaremongering metaphor for STDs.)

I have this running joke of succubus in my game having their biggest desire to be becoming a nice housewive with a lovely husband and a kid or two
Even more funny because succubi are slaeesh demons that have possesed humans
The only example is the mother of an ally NPC who is married and lives happily with a accountant dragonborn, the players think its cute, but they still haven't realised the horrible implication of spiky lizard hemipenis

If by family friendly you mean rating, yes. Lust is not just sex. It can also be an extreme desire our obsession with something.

Adventure hook: artists in a large city ate being found dead. Writers, painters, cooks, and musicians. Each one had been obsessively chasing a muse, and there are similarities!

>prove it
Already mostly gone from fantasy, and a huge deemphasis in comparison to the other chaos gods makes it look like they're testing the waters to see what the next best move is.

>"I don't have more examples so I'll make a baseless prediction and hope you don't notice"

Succubi went from demons/devils to unaffiliated fiends, with an emphasis on them being simultaneously both succubi and incubi. They've been pulled out of both fiendish hierarchies, and probably the only reason they weren't removed altogether is because Mearls is using them to push a "gender is a social construct" idea.

make them try to get kisses instead of sex

>Succubi went from demons/devils to unaffiliated fiends, with an emphasis on them being simultaneously both succubi and incubi. They've been pulled out of both fiendish hierarchies, and probably the only reason they weren't removed altogether is because Mearls is using them to push a "gender is a social construct" idea.
That sounds a far cry from removal, user, SJWs love that kind of shit. Plus it's more interesting than the way they're usually portrayed. Outside of being fapbait, there's not much to succubi. They're just generic ass demons who manipulate mortals by tempting them with something they want, like every other fucking demon.

>Succubi went from demons/devils to unaffiliated fiends, with an emphasis on them being simultaneously both succubi and incubi

Isn't that more in-line with their traditional religious portrayal? That they stole priest's semen and then put it in the nuns?

Their whole thing was that they were mid-tier demons, but terrible at combat. They were deadly, but only in limited circumstances, so their main role was using their obscene charisma scores to act as manipulators.

There's tons of examples of "Pure Strength" type monsters, along with examples of "Pure Intelligence" and "Pure Speed", but very few "Pure Charisma".

So why can't they be now and why is that a precursor to them being removed entirely?

Draining their happiness with hugs?

That's something that came rather late into the succubus mythos, and isn't part of "traditional religious" portrayal. It actually comes from the Malleus Maleficarum, or the Witches Hammer, which was written by a rogue bishop and condemned by the Church three years after its publication. It was published in 1487, with the term "succubus" in use as early as 1100, and preceding legends extending all the way back to Babylon, with those preceding legends putting a distinct separation not only between the male and the female demons, but between the the demons that have sex and the ones responsible for the birthing process, with four types of demons altogether.

I want to know more please. Tell me about the Babylons!

>with those preceding legends putting a distinct separation not only between the male and the female demons, but between the the demons that have sex and the ones responsible for the birthing process, with four types of demons altogether.
That's way cooler (and a more interesting threat) than the usual tittydemons. It sounds like none of the ways they're typically portrayed in fantasy is accurate to any of the main succubus legends, and they've always just been wank material

If they run reputable establishment...

I'm pretty sure the reason succubi went from demons to devils in 4th edition was that people often complained that they didn't make much sense as demons since they worked through subtelty and manipulation, which is more of a devil thing, where as DnD demons are stereotypically chaotic stupid killmaimburn types.

Then the same people complained because "they changed it, now it sucks", so they just went and made them generic fiends separate from demons or devils.

Make them feed on generic "love"

target different carnal desires "Hey buddy bet you can't eat 40 burgers!"

A lot of it is that Succubi were heavily characterised as dealmakers...which is really a lot more Devil than Demon.

> Not having a succubus matchmaker, that aim to give everyone an healthy sex live.

YOU TAKE THAT BACK. TITTYDEMONS ARE BEST.

So, there's Lilu (male) and Lilitu (female) that would have sex with women and men (respectively) in their dreams but not produce any children, and Irdu Lili (male) and Ardat Lili (female) that would impregnate and be impregnated by people in their dreams. This is, of course, just one of many different variations of the concept, with later accounts reducing it to simply two demons, male and female, by combining Lilu and Irdu lili into one creature and Lilitu and Ardat Lili into another.

Lilitu would eventually merge with other myths and end up as the Hebrew Lilith, the precursor and in some accounts mother of all succubi, who were originally known as Lilim before developing into their own concept.

Sure, for an ERP game. As a serious threat in a serious campaign they're trash

Easy

Call them "Dream Girls"

They appear in people's dreams and act like superficially perfect gfs

Over time they drain you of your energy until you die

You sleep longer and longer in escalating attempts to be with them until you die (or enter a coma to keep it PG)

> people often complained that they didn't make much sense as demons since they worked through subtlety and manipulation

This doesn't make sense, because prior to and post 4e, Demons were perfectly capable of subtlety and manipulation. 4e was the edition where they tried to force a distinction between the two, with Chaos being reduced to "mindless brutes" and Law being "scheming controllers". It's just particularly shitty reductionism on their part, to match their larger design philosophy.

When you look prior to 4e, you can see Grazzt as one of the archtypical manipulators, alongside other demon princes like Pazuzu, Orcus, and Demogorgon, who are no less chaotic just because they are intelligent and crafty.

And, people often forget that Glabrezu were demons that were primarily characterized as crafty manipulators and tempters, something that might come at odds with their shock-troop beastly appearance. As opposed to tempting mortals with lust like succubi did, they would tempt creatures with power. That is, up until some 4e guy looked at a Glabrezu, and said "Yeah, that's a brute" and called it a day.

>where as DnD demons are stereotypically chaotic stupid killmaimburn types.

4 edition pushed that, but it was not always so.

She provides great sex tips to keep couples happy together and teaches the children sexual education (not hands-on) to avoid diseases and exploitations.
Though it still doesn't really fit a Disney movie.

Just use them as demonic spies and assassins who infiltrate good guy organizations using their shapeshifting and uncanny social skills and who warp into vaguely feminine but mostly just scary monsters when their cover is blown.

Demons can be smart and capable of manipulation, but I've seen a lot of players even before 4th edition who seemed to assume demons being CE means they should be discount-Khornates.
The reason they canonically made them like that in 4th edition was because a large amount of the playerbase already expected them to behave like that.

>large amount

No, you're talking about a small amount of idiots who assume "Chaotic=Stupid", regardless of how many times everyone else stressed this not to be the case.

We're literally talking about the worst kind of player, the lolrandom who plays CN characters because they interpret CN to mean "acting like a moronic jackass."
This is not the sort of person you ask to lead or even contribute to design philosophy.

>Hello children, my name is Risen-From-Filth. But you can call me Ms. Risen.
>And today I'm going to teach you about sexual health, consent, and intercourse.
>I'll be here for at least a week, maybe longer if needed, to help you through this time in your lives when you are beginning to explore yourself.
>Now, let us begin the lesson.
>Part 1: Genitals

If you can't imagine a scenario where stereotypical 50s housewife aren't secretly controlling society through charming magic and fulfilling domestic needs until the breadwinners become soft and complacent while birthing demotic half-breed children you're not trying very hard.

>Ms. Risen-From-Filth
Reminds me of that reverse corruption transformation that always gets filenamed ‘paladin’s girlfriend’.

10/10 would blush if reprimanded by

youtu.be/QBb_t-Vc750

>(not hands-on)

>succubi
>family friendly
Nuh uh, they are only love machines and nothing more. Much like real women.

>reverse corruption transformation
Intrigue rises. Please continue.

/mlp/ answered this

Evil Disney princess.
>Sets themselves up as opponents to a rival villain, or just some mildly shady authority figure
>Convinces target/victim that they're a "hero"
>Lies about needing "true love's kiss" or something
>Ropes targets into overwrought song/dance numbers (the tango comes to mind)
>Outfit doesn't show a lot of skin, but is fancy enough to raise some eyebrows
>Keeps enchanted animals or animated objects as familiars to keep the masquerade going
>Endgame is pic related

Binding Circle + Time + Psychological torture/Boredom
Or-
Binding Circle + Ritualisit + Below
Or-
Binding Circle + Helm of Opposite alignment
Of the good D&D Succubi I know of- there is Fall-from-grace, Eludecia, the Silver skeleton, and lastly Wee Jas' herald (Pictured).

The best is using the second one- you bind a succubus, and hire a ritualist to remove her Evil Subtype- she'll still have her base CE alignment, but will no longer default on it, being able to be susceptible to Input, and conversion therapy- or just a helm of opposite alignment. If you've the sign of the Smoking eye, you can just cheese this by also making promoting her as a pseudo-Demon Lord.

I miss that anime.

What anime?

Samurai Flamenco.

Yet we have more and more Slaanesh fluff in Age of Sigmar pouring in.

More than we did in the entire 30 years of WHFB actually.

That's sad if you think about it.

>Malign portents shows Slaanesh isn't dead.
>On the contrary he's fully alive and chained up somewhere
>Slaanesh isn't too sure if he likes being the sub or not to this weird BDSM
>He can still see into the Mortal Realms
>Doesn't like Nagash turning all the Realms into Spookyland because it dulls sensation

user, it's called a persecution complex. The more evidence you present the more he'll claim the real censorship is just over the horizon. This isn't about facts or reality.

I'm scared to ask.

You mean apart from the fact the Slaneesh has a full page spread in the new Malign Potents book where it talks in first person? I swear fucking retards..