mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer 40k
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_imperiumisacuck,acuck!FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

>Spoiler thread

First for Tau Pathfinders

Big Ork Dakka right in me 'andz

>smurfs
>patrician
they are the plebbest of the pleb, literally

>Reminder that orks are garbage and have no point in the lore or tabletop besides as a punching bag

What do you expect in upcoming super FAQ, anons?

Big Tyranid oviceptor right between my cloacae

What the fuck is that picture suppose to mean? I have seen it before but I haven't figure out what's supposed to mean.

big nazi tits right in my baneblade

He got the blues

Big Celestine tits right in my face

here's a guy who truly gets it and who will go far in life

>red terror
>blue

Remove the daemons GK respawning stratagems, dear heavens I'm not a GK player but that's all different kinds of fucked

Its the 3rd edition Red Terror, I'm using it as a ravener

MULTIPLE
SIMULTANEOUS
DEEP
THIN
COATS

That's a really well done model!

>not -1 to be hit bullshit
>no Aeldenari being broken as shit
>no Unlimited Soup Works
>but faction having single Strategem that let them counteracting another faction being 50% stronger than usual against them

If only the Ultrasmurfs and Tau killed each other in double KO. it would be such a great thing that the worst shit stain of the galaxy would be gone.

>Reminder that orks are garbage and have no point in the lore or tabletop besides as a punching bag

And they love it.

I don't understand why you feel this way, care to elaborate?

Beginning of a legend.

You mean Chaos?

All that's a given, everyone is complaining about that, I won't name every single thing to keep your autism in check

also there's nothing wrong with soup t.imperialsoup >:^)

I just don't think orks serve a purpose anymore, there are ACTUAL interesting villains in universe.
You know ones with goals and interesting lore.

>when your lore is summed up with I stole a truck and did a drive-by also there's a lot of us

The Duncan Rhodes names this maneuver "Thin coats". We will dilute upon the paint, we will even coat the mini, we will leave no spot unpainted! Meanwhile, our miniature holder will ensure the full defense of our primer coat...

Chaos is nothing compared to the cancer that is Tau and Ultramarines.

See, I disagree. I feel like most of the villans in the setting that aren't Xeno's are just kind of dull? Like, what purpose does serving a Chaos God really net you? I don't know if I just think Chaos worshipers are greedy cunts, and that's some poor motivation, but I think things like Tyranids being an all consuming race of cockroaches, Eldar making desperate attempts to save their race and damning others to do it, Dark Eldar doing what they do for kind of the same reasons, and Orks being a horrific plague that crash down on a populace, and don't stop coming just sound neat as fuck. What villains do you prefer? My favorite out of the CSM/Chaos dudes is probably Arhiman or Huron.

Thoughts on this thousand sons list?

Battalion - 2000pts

Ahriman on disk
Winged demon prince(aetherstride+darkMC)
Sorcerer with jump pack

5 man rubric squad
10 man rubric squad with soulreaper
30 tzaangors with blades and brayhorn

Scarab Occult terminators with a soulreaper
Tzaangor Shaman

9 Tzaangor enlightened with greatbows

Mutalith vortex beast
Land raider

Terminators, sorcerer, tzaangors(with strategem) deepstrike in. 10 man rubrics ride in land raider, shaman cruises around with enlightened and demon prince until prince joins deepstrikers. Vortex beast joins and buffs the strikers, using warptime if needed.

Tau and Nids are like the only scifi faction in 40k. The rest of the factions hate science and base their cultures around faith/magic.

That looks pretty top shelf! I think you'll have some success with having the Rubrics ride around in the LR, it kinda guarantees that they'll jump up someones asshole and murder them with Inferno Bolts. Have you had any success with the Tzaangor Shaman?
What about Necrons?

Kinda forgot the Necrons there, the makers of the Pylons that kept the Warp away.

Nids and dark eldar are my favorite, they are a good representation of senseless violence for a cause and for no other reason then that's what I HAVE to do.
I agree on chaos though its just boring and lame reason to damn yourself, especially if it's for power not even power over others

>Sorcerer with jump pack
Get termy sorc for that +1.

>Scarab Occult terminators with a soulreaper
They suck dick. You could try and make them work, but they are just not effective units.

>Land raider
Literally why?

Get Daemon Battalion with some Heralds, Brims and Flamers instead. Or Magnus.

OMEGON WHEN!?!?

You just posted a picture of him user, he's right there

Complete honesty here. I don't have an army, been waiting to pick one till the codexes came out. A brother is letting me proxy a list to try this out. This is my first try at a thousand sons list.

Redpill me on power mauls/lances.

Ah, gotcha. In that case, have fun! The Terminators aren't superb unfortunately, but if you're not going around to tournaments, play what looks cool to you. You might want to grab Maggy at some point, he's just a beatstick for the 1K Sons, just try to not over extend him, he usually dies if you do.

it's infuriating how they're the same weapon, shouldn't lances on bike give you a strenth or AP boost on the charge???

For 40k, what's the best flying army? I want every one of my units to have some wings. Would Night Lords be right?

Nope.

Retributors as Allarus/aquilons? Ill be using the spare heads, and spare axes from the wardens box.

Night Lords are more jump pack flying based. If you mean fliers, Elysian Drop Troops are basically that to an extreme

I think every army/race has a place in the setting. Chaos is a good representation of humanity in its darkest state and the tendency for all things to fall to entropy.

Tau (like imperials) represent a race whose ideals are pushed too far.

BA or some flavor of Eldar.

Months ago my bro and I did a wizards vs wolves battle and I used Magnus. He wasn't any fun, reminded me of playing heroclix using a bunch of Kingdom Come characters way back in the day.

Heck, might be cool, try converting one up

>Thoughts on this thousand sons list?
Looks like index punching bag

Tyranids can do all wings

They already released his mini user...

Heh, I remember that doujin.

>it's infuriating how they're the same weapon, shouldn't lances on bike give you a strenth or AP boost on the charge???
Welcome to bland edition

Ya avin a squig, git? Da orks ave da best mekboyz round, not like dem proppa noughty geezas muckin round.

If they both come out in 40k IF players and Dornfags might actually kill themselves because it means they literally did nothing during the Heresy and still somehow got their shit pushed in.

Alpharius was their consolation prize.

Idiots should've know GW doesn't like leaving money on the table. And the legion famed for making body doubles made a convincing body double.

That's fair, different playstyles for different folks. I'm a fan of big punchy fuckers, so I dig him, but I hope you have fun in your game

I wouldn't play you on principle.

>being this assblasted that Alpharius Omegon is back to being one primarch.

>you roll off before setting up your units, with army that has less units getting +1
>sizing the initiative is after everything is deployed

Y/N?

How do I best incorporate this into 40k?

I love, love, love this huge bit of scenery.

> top shelf
For casual sunday games at a GW store, sure

Is it lame to get back into 40k when you're older and actually earning the money to buy into this expensive hobby? I went and got the tau starter set ten minutes ago at the little game store latched on to the entrance of the local big Tesco. I remember when the army first came out and how swaggy they looked. Then realised I was surrounded by plush toys and pokemon and lego and the guy at the counter was way younger than me. I felt old and foolish.

Put it at the center of the table and put an objective at the top so that you have to fight your way up it.

Nah BL said he's definitely ded.

Its sad because Omegon was the loyalist one, yet he got forced into being Alpharius once Alph died.

I said, If they both come out.

As it stands they might just go back into being a big secret.

put it on the table....it's only scenery

This is what historical wargames are for, user. The older you get, the more appealing historical accuracy will be.

>do the math for berserkers
>they kill more than a unit would or could typically hold

The frik do I do? Just hope there's more than one unit next to each other?

So I picked up a bunch of Space Puppies second hand and want to learn 8th Ed now. Played a couple of test games but never gave proper army comp much thought.
Would something like this be viable in casual games? Or am I shooting myself in the foot right out of the gate?

Dark Eldar. All of your dudes are in flying raiders and venoms. Your heavy support are flying ravagers, voidravens and razorwings. A bunch of other stuff also flies.

Field less than a maximum strength berserker squad so you don't waste points on overkill.

>Is it lame to get back into 40k when you're older and actually earning the money to buy into this expensive hobby?
No

This is the best answer. You need an objective at the top of a big piece of terrain on every table, the fight to get to it is always the best
The user said he's going to test the army out, by borrowing models, I'm pretty sure he's not going to tournaments

BUT DAAAAAEMONS ARE OVERPOWERED!

>Chaos is a good representation of humanity in its darkest state and the tendency for all things to fall to entropy.
I thought the Imperium was supposed to represent that too. There's also arguments that Chaos is so much more fucked in 40k than the past because most of their recruits are drawn from the Imperium now, and take a lot of their Imperial culture and prejudices with them. I think that Chaos and the Warp would be very different if lets say Tau or Orks were the primary recruits.

If you're over twenty one, you're too old to play Warhammers.

Doesn't mean you'll be like pic related whenever you go to a store to play/buy stuff.

Until GW retcons it in a codex.

Codex always trumps BL.

Just wait until GW get to AL and learn they can sell not one but two primarchs at once.

Backwater medieval world

Only difference between men and boys is the amount they spend on their toys

>this expensive hobby?

$50 a month for a single box is expensive? I will never understand this when so many other hobbies are hundreds of dollars more expensive, I mean no one is forcing you to start an army right away and no fucking way you spend hundreds of dollars a month AND paint it all.

Nids are literally a psychic hive mind.
And Dark Ages of Technology was a thing.
Not to mention Necrons and so.

Y'know, I never actually thought of it that way, that's a really good point about Chaos and why they're like that.
Nah. I'm 21, and now I have actual money to buy the things I want for my dudes. I remember I started at 15, and got a job at the local scrap yard to fuel my plastic crack addiction.

God damn

Female Noise Marines

I suddenly really like the idea of an observatory on a Knight World that tracks the comings and goings of spaceships. Maybe the Knights are defending it because their enemies have snuck a force onto it and are trying to destroy it before the full scale invasion arrives

The initial buy in is pretty horrid to be fair. And there will always be more paints, scenery, basing materials, other random crap etc you need/want.

I take 9 so I can stick them and the hq in a rhino.

>And Dark Ages of Technology was a thing.
Yes, and most of the Imperium thinks that it was the worst thing to ever happen to humanity.

Steve buschemi is a national treasure.

They fucked up bigtime killing Alpharius so early. They should have made Omegon kill Alpharius at the height of the battle of Terra, but far away from the major battles.

After all they set up Omegons inevitable betrayal in The Serpent Beneath.

>Not 8 to better venerate your god
And you can still include your HQ in the group

Since the Custodes are out and doing shit, has GW dones some lore about new Custodes getting made, or are they a finite resource to be spent in the most absurdly miserly fashion possible?

>Just wait until GW get to AL and learn they can sell not one but two primarchs at once.

As a IF player, I can actually see this happening.
I hate it, but it's gonna happen if they ever do get to them.

I can only hope they don't get to them, or they'll be so late to the game no one will notice.