>5e Trove
rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/

>5etools
5etools.com
Stable releases - get.5e.tools/

>Resources
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Previously, on /5eg/:
What do you want from the new UA on Monday? What do you expect?

Other urls found in this thread:

sageadvice.eu/2015/12/27/is-your-passive-perception-the-minimum-you-can-roll/
tailsgetstrolled.wikia.com/wiki/Underbite_Troll
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You guys have any tips for finding good games on roll20?

GM one yourself, and ask for a basic character writeup as an application, including race, class, alignment, and a short background. This isn't supposed to be their actual character but more so that you can weed out the people who want to play "Special snowflake, dand wiki, homebrew race/class bullshit", and to find people who have basic understanding of the english language.

Find four people who had decent writeups and invite them to play, where they can then make their actual characters and then you have a campaign.
If you just want to play in a game, keep all of these things in mind when you apply to someone's game.

Just keep hitting your head against the wall until you can find a group that stays together for more than two weeks and aren't drooling retards.

If its a premade adventure then it will probably be fine (e.g. LMOP, CoS, etc.).

Redflags include:
>Paid DM
>Not at least interviewing potential players (trust me if the DM does this then all the autists usually flock to it)
>Rick & Morty mentioned anyway
>No details of the setting (if custom)
>No details on what they allow & what they do (UA, multiclassing etc.)

I found a really good group on /lfg/, not sure if it was just plain luck to find a good one on my first try, but I think that looking for premade campaigns is safer, anyway

Just got curse of Strahd. Any tips you'd wish you'd known before running it?

>inb4 people help someone metagame instead of enjoying the experience

What do you mean by this? I'm the dm and i don't let my players meta. "Your bard needs a valid character reason to switch from rapier to battle axe besides it deals more damage." I'm that dm.

>"Your bard needs a valid character reason to switch from rapier to battle axe besides it deals more damage."

>trying to browse /5eg/ during American afternoon hours
Yikes.

>What do you want from the new UA on Monday?
Food and provisions. Alternatively, some dwarf or gnome sub-race options would be nice.
>What do you expect?
Darker, edgier subclasses. More wizard/elf masturbation.

>Swords Bard: "Oh look a battleaxe! Does anyone mind if I use this it's not as flashy or fancy as the Rapier, but hey I'm sure I could be of better use to you all with it! I'll even start working on some songs to sing while I'm hatcheting away!"

>Barbarian: "Sure? Why did you ask us this? I have a Greataxe now get back to singing and dancing."

There ya go silly dm.

>What do you want from the new UA & what do you expect?

I'm hopeful! Some new Metamagic options for Sorcerers.

I don't understand these reaction pictures.

The only thing I miss from my Pathfinder days is the Magus. That's not enough though to make me want to go back to that bloated game.

But a battleaxe does the same damage as a rapier. If your STR is lower than your DEX it actually does *less* damage. A battleaxe would only deal more damage than a rapier if you wielded it two-handed, in which case "I want a weapon which I can wield with two hands" is a perfectly valid reason for changing. A rapier can't be wielded effectively with two hands, in D&D or real life. That's not "metagaming"—it's using the weapon knowledge implied by their martial weapons proficiency to make an informed choice, completely in-character.

damn, im still stuck in 2011-2012 i guess. pathfinder was the bomb and everyone was shitting on 4th ed.

how fast the time flies. i do miss the extensive skills from 5e though

They find the concept the poster they replied too to be silly their images bely that one feels smug superiority over the poster while the other is simple disbelief, possibly contempt

Steal the party's souls and make them fight tooth and nail to get them back?
Y/N?

A couple threads ago a Pugilist class was posted here as an alternative to monks. I read it over and it seems pretty neat, but holy shit they get so much temp HP and damage reduction. Is that balanced?
Has anyone here playtested this or anything? I'd love to offer it to my players as an option for a tanky class, but I don't want them to be able to shrug off everything I could throw at them.

What character from TgT is this?

What kind of gods would worship steppe people?

From my experience, the Pugilist is a glass cannon. The temp hp gain is nice, but they find themselves in states where they are constantly having to balance doing more damage or being tanky. They are frontliners with a d8 so if they get targeted a lot they will fall or quite quickly.

Does passive perception act as a floor to perception rolls?
If someone had passive perception of 18 would they auto detect a hidden door or trap with DC15?

You better enjoy your Metamagic for Wizards in the upcoming UA.

None? Gods don't worship people you goof.

Is an extra spell slot too OP as a reward for a warlock?

Got a page number on that?

If it's in the form of an item they have to attune to, then nah.

The Rod of the Pact Keeper does something like this. So no.

The first word isn't even capitalized you dip.

Look up rod of the pact keeper. I'd say give that instead

sageadvice.eu/2015/12/27/is-your-passive-perception-the-minimum-you-can-roll/

DM's choice. Various suggestions include
-Passive perception as a hard minimum
-Passive perception as a soft minimum, such that if they roll below it, they get distracted by something and miss key details, but they get the gist
or
-Passive perception does not affect active rolls.

tailsgetstrolled.wikia.com/wiki/Underbite_Troll

Well now it just seems obvious...

WHERE DOES YOUR FAVORITE CLASS FALL ON THE POWER SCALE

Fuck off with this low quality bait user.

My party has a guy with over 20 passive but somehow he fails the actual rolls most of the time. So he can find anything that he's not actually trying to find.

>Druid
>Stealth/Social C/C/C
Being able to cast pass without trace automatically makes your stealth A. And being able to speak with plants and autofriend animals should be a B in social at least.

i have very little experience in d&d but what makes sorc an A in stealth/social whereas wizard is D

It's Stealth/Social
Sorcs magic stat is CHA, so they'll always be aiming to max their CHA and thus they always have good Social Skills/Bluffs

Subtle spell letting you cast spells while being completely undetected and charisma being their casting stat. A sorc can subtle spell dominate person and absolutely nobody is aware he just mind controlled a dude while being able to smooth talk their way into basically anywhere within reason.

>Getting banned for off topic for telling people to not give /pol/, Lefty/pol/ and trap posters (You)s
Fuck you mods, you colossal faggots

Looks like mods are suddenly OK with Shadposter.

Anyone got a class/race suggestion for an improvised weapon build? Thinking goliath barbarian

this is how /5eg/ dies

The homebrew Pugilist class. Or someone with the Tavern Brawler feat.

Witness me before I get banned again

The problem with homebrew stuff is it’s usually grossly OP. But then self-aware homebrewers learn this and then make subpar, underpowered classes. This is a cool class though

Fighter main and it checks out. Good work, user

I think you have it reversed, but steppe people would definitely worship gods of the Sun, Sky, Desert, definitely Water since it’s rare there

Okay, *ahem*;
>Getting banned for off topic for telling people to not give /pol/, Lefty/pol/ and trap posters (You)s and then getting banned yet again for pointing this out and calling the mod a fag
This is the least amount of authority I’ve ever seen someone go on a power trip with, holy shit lmao

You forgot Artificer.
DPR B/A/B (A at midlevels because of the Mechanical servant power spike. Otherwise, Gunsmith's damage progression is identical to Rogue's)
Tank B/C/D (Medium armor proficiency, not much else)
Utility/Skills B/A/A (Double proficiency on tools, and at mid levels the Mechanical Servant provides additional utility)
Buffs/Heals B/B/B (can use revivify/cure wounds and can haste should be enough for B at least)
Control/Debuffs D/B/C (Mechanical servant can provide some level of control in mid levels but falls behind at higher levels)
Stealth/Social C/C/C (some limited utility from expertise if you use XGE tool use rules, but otherwise nothing)

well that is somewhat worrying

With so many extra classes out there, it really just shouldn't be an image.

Since clerics get their magic courtesy of their god, what happens if that god dies? (As in, proper dead-dead). Do they lose the ability to cast spells?

Asking because the answer may throw a spanner into the works of the worst GM fuckups I've ever experienced.

Unfortunately this is a question that depends entirely upon the setting. Their spells are divinely inspired but are personally prepared using spell slots, so I personally would rule that the cleric would have access all spells prepared at that moment and all spell slots, but would be unable to switch around or learn new cleric spells.

oh, and no access to Channel Divinity or Divine Intervention, obviously.

I would probably either do what said, or treat it similar to a Paladin falling and force them into a new class.

The former if there's a possibility of them getting their power back despite the death of their god, and the latter if there's no chance.

would a Paladan who losses his holy symbol be able to cast any magic?

There could possibly be remnants of their god remaining that the cleric could tap into, but things such as divine intervention probably wouldn't work. If you have a cleric player you could spin it for them as a quest to find out how their god died and how to possibly revive them. Just how I would make it if I killed off gods in my game but still allow my clerics to have some utility rather than immediately being stripped of their powers like a fallen paladin.

Anyone else expecting WOTC to "re"release WOT4E on Monday but call it something entirely differen as to not admit they made a mistake? Also it will be a Wizard subclass instead.

Holy symbol is a focus iirc, so he'd be able to cast any spell that lacks a material cost, or any spell with a material cost if he has the materials.

An alternate option would be to force the cleric to become an equivalent level of Divine Soul Sorcerer, using Wisdom as the casting stat and the same saving throws as a cleric.
The idea would be that some residual divine power remains within him even if the source is gone.
The cleric would lose his/her channel divinity, divine intervention and domain spells, but all his/her cleric spells would become divine soul sorcerer spells, and he/she would be able to exert more control over his spells (metamagic) without the guidance of his god.

Well, an elementalist would be more interesting than their existing archetypes.

Of all things, do we really need another Wizard archetype?

The answer is no.

I would not mind an Elementalist, but I want it to be a Sorcerer, bonus points if there is a way to make it a Gish.

delet this

Hell, I'd be all for an elementalist. Especially if they made it as a subclass for fighters similar to the eldritch knight, but more oriented towards elemental attacks/abilities.

True, the two points aren't in opposition. this would probably be best though. Although probably superfluous with things like storm, stone, and phoenix sorcery.

It should be for Monk because WOT4E is bad & Mearls won't fix it because he's to busy wanking to the raven queen & what new gishes he can stuff into a UA.

All is lost, anime...has won

this thread's quality is shit, good job mods

I seriously doubt the GM has thought this through.

Unfortunately, I'm the cleric in question, and I suspect the GM killed my god for the sake of being edgy. Since he expects me to be the party chaperone and save everyone from whatever nonsense he's dropping on us this session, I was wondering if I need to spring it on him that I have no spells. He made his single attack D8 damage bed, he can sleep in it.

My current DM in our ToA game actually does something to make Passive Perception a little less strong (To my dismay, as I have 25 passive and built him to be a trap spotter)
They made Investigation the skill required to find traps. So it's actually not too bad, just because we have someone with decent int in the party. Their 17 Passive Investigation for traps, and my 25 Passive Perception for everything else.

Reminder that there is never a good reason to be a bard

Anyone else notice that the hook horror looks like Gigan?

I agree. Especially when wizard exists. Seriously how do we fix that class /5eg/?

>tfw have a very heated and personal argument with another player in character
>neither of us are even slightly upset or affected, and did enjoy the character interaction because we're both mature players who can separate in character and out of character conflict

Feel great man

That also happened to me last session. We basically argued about if eating another humanoid to survive is right & if we should use the magical nuke we found to destroy are enemies.

So an Elemental Gish sounds pretty fun, right?

>Tfw my character gets a set of paladin equipment (longsword, breastplate, +2 shield) off a deceased paladin
>Fighter in group is devoted towards god that is nemesis of the god the equipment is in the image of
>Attempts to chuck said equipment off a cliff because he considers it heresy and group has to bumrush him since he has ridiculous strength.
>Barely manage to stop him and we laugh off the situation OOC afterward.

Reposting.

I read something recently on /5eg/ that made me want to do a Sunset Invasion type thing after my players finish the current story line.

Basically a highly magically advanced colonial empire (think I'm going to use goblinoids led by hobgoblins) shows up from across the ocean to subjugate and consolidate the continent into their vast empire. Think Seanchan from WoT kind of thing.

What can I do to make it interesting? What are some abilities/practices the conquerors could have to make them interesting opposition? I was thinking something along the lines of having the ability to enslave magic-users (obviously stolen from Seanchan), or portable anti-magic fields combined with gunpowder weapons, or maybe every hobgoblin soldier is trained in some amount of abjuration magic. What think?

about to run curse of strahd for a nigger, a spic and a girl that is as normie as it gets

wish me luck

The most recent responses seem to be from over 2 years ago.

That isn't very encouraging.

>post a message once
>warn for spam
l o l

They're good for keeping things fresh and supporting the party. You haven't lived until you verbally abused someone to death by cawing at them.

No more gishes. I've had enough of them. They really suck & most players who want to use them are obnoxious arses who think they should be better than both full casters & martials.

>"Your bard needs a valid character reason to switch from rapier to battle axe besides it deals more damage."
>"Yea I think this battle axe looks fucking dope"
What a shitty post in a shitty op thread, guess this is the quality we get for letting anime fags make threads.

Only if their actions have directly led to it.

Does anyone here haves a playlist for background music for ravenloft? i need one that make the players feel tense

Also looking for a battle music for Isek Strazni a bald guy bodyguard with fire powers

it will depend on the setting and the DM, personally I'd have another god take over the portfolio of the dead one or have a cleric that continues to rally strongly to the beliefs that the god embodied start drawing on the internal power of their own philosophy as mentioned on page 13 of the DMG. oh, or i'd have another god forcibly call them into their service, maybe in the pursuit of avenging the dead god
>or did the god choose you, impelling you into service with no regard for your wishes?

No shit fag, Mearls and Crawford are "muh caster supremecy!" so we'll keep getting better and cooler magic options, mainly for wizard and warlock, with meh to shit options for martials.

>Never a good reason to be a bard
>In the edition where they give wizards a run for their money
Ha

Hey /5eg/, I'm rolling a lv11 Hobgoblin Wizard
I'm torn between Abjuration and War Magic, what should I choose?
I also get to pick 4 Uncommon and 1 Rare magic items, any suggestions?
Thanks fellas.

>never a good reason to be the best class
what reason is there NOT to be a bard? magical secrets, an excellent spell list, useful class features and subclasses that actually do something and expertises in several skills adds up to a pretty amazing class even disregarding jack of all trades

this isn't /pol/ you fucking scumbag

When are we getting new UA? Do they publish something new every month/ two month? i really want a 4th and improved mystic

So what part of asking about irc channels offended your delicate sensibilities?

Good luck racist!