First boss is the last boss

Would you do this for your campaign?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=6SxjBWJPf78
thealexandrian.net/wordpress/4147
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>first "boss" is an angry prostitute off the streets

How?

How she is the first boss then I'll tell you how.

>first boss is a heavily injured and weakened version of a later boss

Not paying up.

That could work without that spike it would have more health and speed

Your her pimp or you left without paying her?

>almost die to the FIRST encounter only to realize he/she is the final boss later on

I did that for a campaign I ran for six months, it was bretty cool

What happenen in the plot and what was the boss's name?

She is hunting you throughout the whole campaign, becoming more powerful as she goes

What if it's a henchman pissed at being left for dead?

it only took one post.

She starts to blackmail her clients and starts hiring a lot of muscle to keep running from her paying. after that she gets enough money start her our business while having a secret prostitute ring. She then gets in politics and marries a powerful Nobel who then dies three years later. After that, she uses new found wealth and power hire some mercs to harass you while she trains to get back at you. Then she buys Powerful weapons for her and her army they kill the other nobles to and install themselves at the top. she then waits for you and brags from her barrier how a prostitute took over the country just to spite you.

>first boss is a mutated shark in the basement

they didn't have any trouble with it the first time, why would I try it again

I could have survived and it became cyborg shark man

>first boss is the last boss which was the first questgiver
Ayy

>First boss is the last boss
>Also the first, second, and third arc bosses, and occassionally a random encounter.

Undying baddies are fun. He’s sick of running into the party too.

How unlucky is that guy does he gets rats in his soup?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=6SxjBWJPf78

Okay, so I'll make it quick because I don't have a lot of time. Picture a setting that was once based in low magic.

>So the big bad boy, Xrel was a young human wizard-in-training
>Kicked out of his school after being found meditating with a forbidden magical text meant only for the highest level maesters because it allows for all kinds of unfathomably horrible creatures with the exception of a few beautiful ones like unicorns and dragons to enter the prime material
>Xrel wants to use it to find something he claims was unjustly taken from him
>Being frail but charismatic as heck, he makes his own cult of super low-level magic school dropouts with the goal of getting their hands on the text again for secretive reasons
>Party is hired to either arrest or scalp Xrel (with his head tattoos it would've been recognizable) for putting the realm in danger

Fast forward to finding Xrel's hideout in the treetops

>Party outsmarts and stealths past the magic bullies and manages to catch Xrel meditating
>Arrest fails, and battle ensues
>Xrel's assassinated, his cap gets chopped off

Part 2

Weeks pass

>Weird, totally out of place hoo-hah is showing up in different parts of the prime material
>Everyone confused
>Party revisits school of magic after a little while
>Embarrassed, the school's headmaester admits that the text was taken under their nose again, but the cult is no where in sight and the creatures were far enough that most of them chose to disengage for their own safety.
>Party becomes beast/cult trackers
>"Xrel lives" is etched on everything in countless languages

After party interrogates a metric heck ton of followers, some break

>He bonded his soul to something unfathomable to re-enter the prime material to continue his text-based search
>He's a warlock and he's now directly in pursuit of all the world's sacred magical texts
>It becomes a chase across the globe
>They just barely catch up now and then
>He's a Tiefling (pictured above)
>He speaks in specific meter
>He's losing any semblance of his former human self

After months they finally corner him alone in a library deep beneath the ground (think avatar) and have their epic final bout

>3 of four members incapacitated
>On his last legs, the player scalps him, turns his back on corpse to leave
>"Mother, I've finally found you"
>Human Xrel and lying where the corpse laid, with beams of light shooting through his eyes
>The blinding light absorbs the room and he's gone.
>The party survives
>yaaay

That's pretty good. Nice.

Thank you my man

Your welcome.

>First boss is the last boss
Only if he's been covertly watching the party throughout the subsequent campaign, learning from their tactics while improving his and upping his own power level. When they meet him again, they think it'll be an easy fight. They'll be wrong.

You can do that as well.

Of what?

He didn't post that picture randomly, that's the first boss in dark souls 2, the Last Giant, who for some reason freaks out when he sees you and tears his own arm off just to have something to hit you with. Then at the end of the game you go back in time and kick his asswhen he was the Giant Lord, where he has a shitload more health and a big ass sword that can one shot you. Not the final boss though

in a campaign i'm writing i plan to have the blackguard become a deathknight in the late game

thealexandrian.net/wordpress/4147

How does he do it?

She’s a succubus.

First you kill her going easy on you to not reveal herself.

Second you find her setting up shop again and kill her again easily in her true form

Third she traps you in a planar adventure before your ready and has increased her ability. You give the party a deus ex magic jar to end it for good.

Next campaign is go, maybe higher magic stuff now that they have been to hell and back.

does she die or is she simply sealed?

>The first boss is a mustache twirling villain whose crimes boil down to petty pranks and such.
>The party is a bunch of jerks to the guy, bullying and mocking him as they kick the shit out of him, turning him into the authorities after.
>This villain is disillusioned, and spends time thinking as he recovers.
>"I never hurt a soul, a good scheme my best friend. Yet, my body has taken great toll, my villainy come to an end."
>Then he decides to sharpen his mind, strengthen his body.
>"Those fiends in their wretched costumes, they would see those like me bereft of their joy, of their dreams."
>The jailor comes to give him his slop only to notice a giant hole in the wall.
>"Well, I'll don a darker plume. Like they had done to me, I'll unravel them at the seams."

>campaign
Yeah for like something to run over 20 ish sessions.

A CAMPAIGN? Fuck no. That would entirely depend on the PCs putting stock in the first villain. You can't plan that.

Loved this boss solely for that reason. You basically fuck up his entire life and don’t even realize until late-game. Also his theme’s pretty good.

Planning a campaign like this..well, it'd be a cross-campaign thing, and not sure if either will happen due to my laziness.

Jojo game, party's first fight was a railroaded encounter against a low level mob boss, Joseph Johnson, aka Don Jon(railroaded to see how they'd react, which would tell me what kind of game they're hoping for) and his stand 「Fly Like an Eagle」, which grants him the power to..grow wings and fly. And thats about it.

Assuming they throw him in jail(which they likely will. If there's one thing my group LOVES, it's antagonizing bad guys to create recurring villains), he'll be pissed, but eventually forgotten about. Then "off-screen" he'll stage a jailbreak, fail, get pissed, and awaken 「Fly Like an Eagle」's true potential to fly anywhere/anywhen he can imagine. He would use this power to travel back in time and turn the present into a cyberpunk hellhole, ala Biff from Back to the Future 2. And then spend his time finding the original party to get back at them for humiliating them.

Of course, this would count on them completely forgetting this random bit villain from the first session, just to make the shock of the realization better. Likely, but not completely out of possibility.

You'll have its new ability a name other than that your idea is kind of good.

Potentially. I could also make the original stand name different and just attribute it's free-flying power to Fly Like an Eagle.

Would that quad city jam song work for it's the new name?

Could make a Stand with a power based on crushing things with that possibly. I'll have to look into it more.

I haven't played this, what kind of...life did this odd creature have?

You can make it could only make himself float before he learns how to control gravity.

Also a possibility. I'll definitely have to write this down later.

Always glad to help.

What system does one use for a JoJo game?

Garland was an easy as fuck boss, and it still worked out.

I was planning on either possibly Mutans and Masterminds for the freeform power building, or might take a look at one of the Jojo homebrew stands Veeky Forums did that I can't quite remember the locations of at the moment.

Or worse, a Street shark!

With his super teeth used as spears.

The Giants landed on the northern shores, and set siege to King Vendrick's castle to claim an invaluable prize.

The lord of the Giants, who had brought wreck
and ruin to the entire kingdom was said to have
been felled by an unknown warrior.
His beaten and broken remains were then dragged
beneath the stronghold, where he was sealed away.

His life really sucks.

Yes, and it worked for that particular case, but I'd never recommend it.

I watched a new DM's campaign get completely derailed last week when a fellow player crit'd a secret end-boss wizard NPC mid-introduction. My paladin arrested him ("He was threatening us!", "That isn't illegal, sir. Shooting someone in the face with a longbow is. Come along now.") and everything just awkwardly petered out. The DM later showed me the 15 pages of material that was tossed out as a result.

So it campaign ended early that he planned?

We wrapped up early for the evening so the DM could rewrite things under the guise of a sudden family situation.

The case where it DID work involved a cabal of liches using the party as mercenaries to fuck with each other, so the multi-phylactery pileup made sense when the final boss turned out to be the low-tier asshole whose ass they kicked when the whole thing started.

How many lichs were there and how long did it the others to the figure out plot?

Technically 53, but it was mostly just 7 of them. And "figure out" isn't a proper description, since I bullshitted everything based on what they thought was going on. They wrote the whole thing without realizing it.. and come to think of it, I never actually told them.

More points for you and your group.

>Mutated shark
Noice
> why would I try it again
Oh user, you were doing so well too. Imagination not your strong point I take it.

If your dm can't stall for a session and think on his feet when player agency derails his plot train, I can't see the rest of the campaign being that great either.

It was their first ever time at the wheel, so I'm going to hope they can do better with some experience and coaching.

I like when the first boss mops the floor with you only to spare you and then you encounter him later all leveled-up ready for a real fight.

the first boss encounter is "scripted"

the heroes do encounter the first boss,
but the boss thinking the party is insignificant laughs them off and goes about his business.

OR

The "boss" is completley unaware of the heroes on the first encounter.

OR

The Heroes are completely unaware of who the actual "first boss" is.

Templates, man.