Age of Sigmar General /aosg/

Hungry Fat Guys Edition

Previous Thread: Latest news
warhammer-community.com/2018/02/10/malign-portents-the-next-stage-beginsgw-homepage-post-1/

Malign Portents Website is up!
>malignportents.com/

Resources
>pastebin.com/cPgyVjT6

Core rules
>games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules
General's Handbook 2017
>mega.nz/#!C5BSgTDK!Sx74f87D86frlU0NZ1XKyGP0WEgar52X1Hatj1OA5y0

Army and Skirmish Warband builder
>warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/
City generator
>repl.it/Lfm3/2
Art Database
>ageofsigmart.booru.org/index.php

Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Compendiums/warhammer-aos-the-empire-en.pdf
malignportents.com/characters/#vorrus-starstrike
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Big Morathi tits right in my face

based

SOPPING WET SNAKE CLOACA

GW will probably ruin her monster form making her ugly and flat

Monster girls a shit.

based OP image

Prophecy points and Malign Portents. Which work best for your army? Assuming using matched play and getting 3 points per 500, so 12 points for a 2k game. Also keep in mind that you regenerate these every turn, and any hero can be a focus for them.

Falling Star gives you:

1pp: Reroll a failed unbinding test.
2pp: Reroll a failed armour save for the interpreter.
3pp: Pick a friendly unit wholly within 18", reroll saves of 1.
3pp: Friendly unit wholly within 18" gets a 5+ save against mortal wounds after suffering 1.
4pp: Add 1 to your power of death roll (another MP mechanic).
5pp: Pick a unit wholly within 18", add 1 to their shooting.

Bloodied Skull gives you:
1pp: Use at start of battleshock phase. Subtract 1 from all units. This stacks if both players do this.
2pp: Pick an enemy unit wholly within 24" of interpreter. Enemy unit can't run and must half its movement rounding down. Doesn't work on fly.
3pp: After an enemy unit does a wound on a model wholly within 6" of interpreter, enemy model suffers 1 MW.
4pp: Use in hero phase. Pick an enemy unit wholy within 18", roll a dice for each model. 6+ you do a MW.
1-5pp: Hero phase. Pick a friendly unit with wounds char of 5 or less. Bring one model back, this costs 1pp per wound back on that model.
5pp: Pick a friendly unit wholy within interpreter in combat phase. Ignore rend when making save throws.

Black Void gives you:
1pp: Pick enemy unit wholly within 12" of interpreter and are garrisoned, within 3" or on terrain. They suffer 1MW.
2pp: Pick friendly unit wholly within 18" of interpreter. Unit can move as if fly.
3pp: Pick friendly unit wholly within 18" of interpreter. Unit can charge even if it retreated.
3pp: Hero phase. Enemy command abilities are 6" shorter.
4pp: Start of opponents shooting. All missile weapons are 6" shorter to min of 3".
5pp: Hero phase. Add 2 to all casting rolls but reduce spell range by 6".

Soon

Wont be used by anyone and banned from tournements

Could unironically be true, with the mysterious extra soul-sucking faction described in the new Battletome

Very bad post

wouldn't mind a new death faction with some of the TK aesthetics

Thx Mr Japmoot.
I've been having this annoying thing where I keep getting this "ISP/country/IP blocked due to abuse" for a few days, and then it comes and goes at random.

I hope It doesnt come back again... :(
I havent posted anything ban-worthy, so its kinda annoying, considering I only post on Veeky Forums to talk about my little toy soldiers.

Anyway, /aosg/, what are you guys working on? I'm painting my Princess, and waiting for the shade on my Trebuchet to dry.

Big Damsel Tits right in my face

She really does have huge tits

Are Putrid Blightkings a good addition to a chaos mortals army? I have a full undivided Slaves to Darkness army atm. Looking to expand.

So I haven't really paid much attention to AoS since last fall. Have I missed anything important? New armies or general rulebook?

Picture for my bois.

they are solid, they only become "powerful" in nurgle aligned forces but I enjoy them

Balemoon gives you:
1pp: Pick enemy unit wholly within 18" of interpreter after 1 or more models flee from battleshock. 1 more flees.
2pp: Start of battleshock phase. Pick enemy unit wholly within 18" of interpreter. Enemy unit loses d3 bravery.
3pp: Start of enemies movement phase: Pick enemy unit wholly within 18" of interpreter. Unit can't retreat.
3pp: Interpret at your opponent's movement phase. Pick enemy unit wholly within 18" of interpreter and is also more than 6" away from any other enemy units. They suffer d3 MW.
4pp: Combat phase: Pick enemy unit wholly within 18". -1 to hit for that unit.
5pp: Start of opponent's movement phase. Subtract 1 from all move, run and charge rolls for lal units.

Writhing Serpent gives you:
1pp: Interpreter can unbind as if a wizard.
2pp: Combat phase. Pick enemy hero within 1" of interpreter. Reroll wound rolls of 1 against the hero.
3pp: Pick friendly unit wholly within 18" of interpreter after getting picked. Give unit +1 hit if they have lost 1 or more wounds.
3-5pp: Pick enemy hero wholly within 6" of interpreter. Roll dice equal to the number of wounds they've lost. Each 6 is a MW. 3pp for hero, 5pp for monster hero.
4pp: After opponent makes a charge wholly within 18" of interpreter. They must reroll it.
5pp: Hero phase. Enemy units mist subtract 1 from hit rolls while they are wholly within 9" of interpreter.

Red Mist gives you:
1pp: Hero phase. Nearest enemy unit within 12" of interpreter suffers 1MW.
2pp: When enemy retreats wholly within 18" of interpreter. They can either stay still, or suffer D3 MW and retreat.
3pp: When opponent makes a charge wholly within 18" of interpreter, they must roll 1d6 instead of 2.
3pp: Enemy shooting phase. Enemy units subtract 1 from all units wholly within 12" of interpreter.
4pp: Hero phase. Roll a dice for each unit on battlefield (Friend or Foe). 6+ they suffer a MW.
5pp: Hero phase. Pick enemy unit wholly within 18" of interpreter. They suffer d3 MW.

Well, I could literally just give all my dudes the mark of nurgle and make them extremely hard to kill so its sweet. I really like the look of the blightkings

Going full on Warherd for Malign Portents -- anyone else??

So what Death models do you think we'll get, and when do you think we'll get them?

working on grinding my way through this gordrakk and his fel orcs with my frostlord by charging his whole army alone. I got a mystic shield and the everwinter is on fortifying frost, let's dance

bcr user, I'm new to the force.

I've got 1 Thundertusk (Only magnetized the rider, so it can be huskard or lord).
1 Beastriders (Can be Thundertusk or Stonehorn)
And I'll soon have 1 more Huskard/Lord of either variety.

How would you suggest I use use them?

Also are any of the finecast options good? (I've got Icewind assault + SC).

I just finished reading the story stuff in Malign Portents and there was fuck all in there. Did I miss something or has GW screwed me over?

Can't wait for my queen.

>mars master b in the background
muh nug

Not sure if we are going to get new models or when but i really want to see more spooky ghost like a GW version of Mournghul or some kind of ranged unit

Poor cowboi.

Nothing besides this weeks preorders really. Been a quiet time for AoS in terms of meaningful releases

Stormcast. Nurgle. Notably some neat Malign Portents characters, minus the requisite nod to Stormcast.

Nurgle got a tome, Death got a tome with themes around each mortarch and nagash rather than subfactions which cause people to bitch to no end. Snake aelf ladies gonna be released soon, but no date yet. Malign portents is a campaign and also a new chapter in the game narrative, to move it past realmgate wars fully. Nagash go all angy about people stealing souls, so is now on a crusade to make everyone un-dead.

>soul suckers
Que?

Why are you not building a huge trebuchet on 160mm base?

the finecast options are not good. in order of usefulness:
frost sabers suck, however they are extremely cheap and have good move. they can round out the points in your list and then babysit an objective so your big guys can go crash into something. not a bad choice for 2 or 4 of them.

yhetees are okay if you ignore how shit their armor is so any incoming rend-1 damage just melts them (6" pile in is real sneaky, inaccurate but decently numerous rend attacks, fast). problem is they do basically what mournfang do only worse, while not being cheaper enough to be worth it, and a god awful ugly finecast sculpt.

icebrow hunter is just a sad overpriced no buff, no prayer, no spells, no rend, 5+ save hero with a terrible warscroll. his deepstrike is well written, and skal battalion is cheap, however the good deepstrikes in this game put useful units somewhere, rather than 300pts worth of shitheads that will get bodied by anything at or over 180. skal can steal an objective if you're playing against someone bad, but avoid it in real games.

For what beasts to use:
Currently I use a frostlord on stonehorn and a frostlord on thundertusk. they are probably too expensive, but you need that 3+ save (and 2+ with mystic shield, re-rolling 1s from everwinter) more than you need point efficiency or your guys will just die. huskard used to be the go-to for thundertusks since they can heal, but on a 4+ it fails too much and with their worse save they just die.
I don't use beastriders at all since they are worse than 4 mournfang (who have similar damage and double the wounds). pic related math

note that in the future, with ghb18, our monsters could be buffed to be good again, in which case huskards/beastriders and battalions might be worth playing.

jesus just post the mean and standard deviation, anyone who doesnt understand wouldnt care about your graph anyways.

What do you use for your spells? Butcher ally?

As for Battalions, I like the Eurlbad personally. Guessing its too costly though?

Also do you know when GH 2017 will come out?

SAD

>3pp: Pick friendly unit wholly within 18" of interpreter after getting picked. Give unit +1 hit if they have lost 1 or more wounds.
This, with Daemonettes.
I see myself using it all the times.

Also, the Serpent is thematic.

frogs a best

>What do you use for your spells
Butcher with cauldron is the way to go
>Also do you know when GH 2017 will come out
The new GHB will be released every summer

2x butchers with cauldron. the maw spell is actually pretty good, though random. mystic shield is required. and the +1 to hit cauldron effect turns 4 mournfang into reliable cleave, aoe heal is nice.

eurlbad is imo the most playable battalion currently. the mws are good, and huskard damage adds to his mounts hits too. can't use a frostlord for it, have to take beastriders, and the battalion cost is the same as 2 mourfang, which means you're more fragile with 4+ save monsters and fewer models, but great damage and I've ran it a lot in the past.

ghb18 should be july or august.

I think the best part of the Malign Portent books was that Tzeentch having multiple competing minds and how Nagash got away with his pyramid without Tzeentch spotting his deal.

I think that's the best eurlbad list you can run

Allegiance: Beastclaw Raiders
Huskard on Stonehorn (380)
- General
- Blood Vulture
- Artefact: The Pelt of Charngar
Butcher (140)
- Allies
4 x Mournfang Pack (320)
- Gargant Hackers
4 x Mournfang Pack (320)
- Gargant Hackers
4 x Mournfang Pack (320)
- Gargant Hackers
Stonehorn Beastriders (360)
Eurlbad (160)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Allies: 140 / 400
Wounds: 103

With 3 start collecting boxes you can run over 2500pts of BCR - I think it's the cheapest army right now.

Will GW ever update the Skirmish supplement or give us a new rulebook for playing with handful of dudes? I want to paint and run some beastmen so much but they are not even worth allying right now

I heard the Malign Portents had new rules for Skirmish and Path of Glory

Sup aosg, how are frogs of nurgle?
Always liked the model but unsure how will they fare on the battlefield.
How do you play em? By looking at them they look typical FW "im just better than everything else"

just some new artifacts and command abilities and a single battleplan. No new models beside heralds

You're right.

>BloodSeeker Palanquin
>Prince Vhordrai
All stuff made from pre-existing kits

40k got a lot of these too.

What are other kits you think can be assemble as new units?
What would you like to see?

Yo mates can someone rate my fleshy list. I've got two options here.

Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts
- Delusion: Defenders of the Realm
Abhorrant Ghoul King (120)
- General
- Trait: Completely Delusional
Varghulf Courtier (160)
- Artefact: The Grim Garland
30 x Crypt Ghouls (300)
6 x Crypt Horrors (320)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)

Total: 1000 / 1000
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 78

OR

Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts
- Delusion: Defenders of the Realm
Abhorrant Ghoul King (120)
Crypt Haunter Courtier (120)
- General
- Trait: Completely Delusional
Crypt Ghast Courtier (80)
40 x Crypt Ghouls (360)
6 x Crypt Horrors (320)

Total: 1000 / 1000
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 82

Which do you like better? Dual Courtier or Varghulf? I could swap the Horrors to Flayers in the first list, but not the second.

Go with Varghulf - I heard it's a must have for FEC

That's what I've been hearing too, suppose I just want confirmation. Most times I've seen him in BPs he largely whiffs his attacks and the screech is usually shite. My idea was that it's better to have two heroes to renew my squads over one.

Just grab your dudes and give both lists a try. It always looks so smart on paper but the real game is quite different. Just have fun and don't be worried about losing - that's how we all started

Well, one means I'll have to grab a Varghulf, and one means I need to whip up a Haunter and a Ghast. But I guess I'll need all three at some point, too, huh?

Be ready to buy a box of horrors just to assemble all three as courtiers and kitbash a Varghulf if you don't have one. Also remember to magnetize your big dudes - it's not hard at all and is cheap as fuck

So I take it that great weapons is the best option for Grave Guards?

Oh yeah I already got magnets. Hope they're the right size. And yeah like I said up there, I'll have to get both lists at some point.

Whats a good way to kitbash a Varghulf? Or is the resin dude pretty okay? I can't decide if I like him or not.

Easily, but you're not gimping yourself by taking shields. They look much cooler.

yes, they're for cheap expendable damage. if they die after they attack who cares, regen them.

Unless you are running LoNight, and happen to fight a fair amount of low rend units then yes.

Nagash Battletomb pdf when? I want to read the fluff

I'm not a great fan of citadel resin/finecast. Well, I'm not their fan at all. Personally, I would be 100% okay with a heavily modified flayer. Add some bits like bones, use a specific head that is not used by any of your models already etc. Give him a cool alternative paint scheme and call it a day
It's already uploaded - the first mega iirc

Found this reaper dude. Probably easily converted to a Varghulf, but maybe he's a little too wolfy?

Plan B is a heavily converted Flayer/Horror dude, though. I've not messed with fine cast but it only has shitty reviews.

Why does the back of the new Dispossessed Warriors rebox show show a barrel as a runic icon option when the box does not come with a barrel bit?
>inb4 my picture is sideways.

I really like her model and I'm a big fan of reptiles so I'm excited for her other form...but I am not a good enough painter to justice to those faces.

where would rules be for ex-empire stuff?

games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Compendiums/warhammer-aos-the-empire-en.pdf

Is there any hope for new clanrats or skaven infantry anytime soon? The Shadespire warband is a nice addition, but I'd love some updated night runners.

Wow that's a lot of effort for a range that's basically squatted

Do you mean discontinued empire stuff or stuff that was in the empire range and is now split into sub-factions?

Nah, no rats in sight. All we have model wise for releases are Snek Elves and that's it so far.

>basically squatted
>gets Allegiance abilities in the book
>gets reboxed
>is mentioned in one of the new Malign Portents releases

Why are some of you Anons like this

thanks dude.

i assume the points are in 2017 update book?

USPS says they delivered the Knight Vexillor I bought today, but it wasn't with the rest of my mail. I wonder I should proxy a relictor in its place or just change the list to use a chariot relictor instead

the points are current if you scroll to the bottom. the points for other units can be found by referencing the substitute warscrolls and checking those points.

>is mentioned in one of the new Malign Portents releases
Oh cool! Which one?

Well, at least it's not more Stormcast or Chaos.

Dispossessed are mentioned in the bio for Vorrus Starstrike. A small role, but they are there nonetheless.
malignportents.com/characters/#vorrus-starstrike

Dubs choose what army I play

Bonesplittaz

I expect a receipt for proof user

Stormcast Eternals in the bog standard GW colors.

Fyreslayers

Make me proud son

stormcast eternals

I'm so sorry for you mate.

Oh boy here we go

aight

> painting skeletons is burning me out

is the zombie dragon any fun to paint?

>the sate of your bretonnians
You should be ashamed.
Get to work and regain your honor

memes aside SCE actually has a lot of variation and fun tactical things it can do while a lot of other armies just move forward and fight with nothing special involved

how the fuck

I also think they'd be cool to build and paint if you played to their strengths, they're supposed to be the immortal heroes of mortals, so make them heroes. Rather than SCE #18 in those dopey helmets with identical weapons, make each one a character. Cloaks, extra stuff, personalized weapons, alternate heads. The reason they're so fucking boring is because people build and paint them like tactical marines.

Poor guy

>most supported army in the game
>most and most frequently released models
>feature as the main characters in all fluff

yeah poor guy is right...

he should have been playing Shadow Blades

Yep. You get cool gore, tattered skin, and some bone (which I'm sure you're used to). Do you have someone on top?

Nothing wrong with playing brets but they do not belong in AoS.

Speak English please.

Lmao what the fuck is this

>SCE actually has a lot of variation and fun tactical things it can do
>one of most OP army can do whatever brainlet want and still winning
>interesting

Because SCE are tactical marines

It's a pity that GW skeletons are so dully. I honestly loved painting my TK skeletons and Mantic's generic skeletons and totally-not-Grave-Guard. And even GW Grave Guard. But the generic skeletons are just suffering.

>thinks beastclaw raiders or kroak vortex take skill