/wfg/ Warhammer Fantasy General

Cannibal Edition

>Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/2EJLZq7a
WFRP: pastebin.com/NX6t6eYa
Novels: pastebin.com/Uzp9RQ9i

>We're looking for these novels for the archive:
pastebin.com/t5kdcfVm

>Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/WQTJDtUV

>Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

>Warhammer Video Games.
pastebin.com/396cm1Jp

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/476-undying-dynasties-ud/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for the Lady

Never Ogre

E T E R N I T Y
K I N G

Does anyone know of a good way to do Dwarf Shieldbearers?

Someone's probably gone through this already, but are the Skaven the Dwarf equivalent of Beastmen?

> Four-to-five foot tall genius inventors who live underground

> First appearance of Skaven coincides with mass extinction of Dwarfs in Kavzar

> "The Doom of Kavzar" uses the Dwarf name for the city the Skaven came from instead of the human name, Tylos, even though the in-universe folk tale is of human origin

> Really, REALLY similar to the Chaos Dwarfs: Both make magical technology and worship a single animal-themed Chaos God that isn't one of the ruinous powers and is only tangentially a part of the forces of Chaos; The Chaos Dwarfs and Skaven are roughly analogous to the Warriors of Chaos and the Beastmen

Are the Skaven Beastdwarfs?

well beastmen are supposed to be the human fear of nature and our more animal parts of us so what is the equivalent fear to dwarfs?

you could argue that they do fear the rapid and haphazard technological development but a big part of skaven culture is overpopulation

do dwarfs fear rapid population growth in their cramped underground homes?

Is Vermintide a good game?

I just noticed it's discounted on steam and am thinking of getting it for someone.

Perhaps not overpopulation, but the breakdown of order.
Nothing built by Skaven lasts. You will never hold a position for long, and the young are constantly replacing the weak. The only thing you can be sure of is that other Skaven are willing to kill you for what you have.
The lack of honor is also a large inversion of dwarfs. While a dwarf is incredibly hidebound in measuring what is agreed upon, the Skaven are all liars who will never hold their word.

It's decent if you can get friends into it, but it doesn't have a lot of replayability unless you like grinding.

The Skaven are everything the Dwarfs would want to NOT be. You could imagine their extreme paranoia and constant backstabbery as a sort of sensationalized fear of what the Dwarfs would be like without their race-wide loyalty. If we don't stand together, we might as well be Skaven!

Vermintide is a mob shooter. If you've played Left 4 Dead, you've played what Vermintide has to offer as a video-game. I can only really suggest Vermintide if you're a big fan of the lore or have friends to play it with, since these games live or die on setting up matches with the mates.

Skaven are meant to be entropy given form. They're decay, a cousin of Nurgle's philosophy yet lacking in the hollow love or perpetuity.

The Dwarfs value age and experience more than anything, and the Skaven are ruled by the young. I never thought of that.

It's pretty good. The End Times tack-on is shit frosting on an otherwise great cake if you can find good players. The characters in particular are lovable.

I keep holding out hope that Vermintide II will take a branching canon path and let prevent the End Times and fuck up Chaos/Ratbois bad in its own little AU.

I know we consider it its own thing to begin with but I just want the chance to shit on ET in an official medium. Petty, but not as petty as ET itself was.

The dropping of End Times from the title makes me giddy.

>I know we consider it its own thing to begin with but I just want the chance to shit on ET in an official medium
we already have that brainlet

> Total War: Warhammer features the Warriors of Chaos bringing about the end times but ignores "The End Times" version entirely

> Vermintide 2 drops "The End Times" from the subtitle

Is GW going somewhere with this or is that just wishful thinking?

more like GW is counting its royalty bux while fucking over modding

Warhammer Quest has End Times title.

No, it's a part of the End Times official lore. The only thing that's branching is the careers of the characters but it doesn't matter since they doomed anyway. And if you go to the site you will find that Vermintide2 takes part in the End Times and it talks suffering through the End Times.

If you think that four flawed heroes in some dumbfuck Imperial town can stop the End Times, then WHFBfag stupidity has transcended to a new level.

yeah but you can't personally drive a sword into archie's skull in FPV

One universal truth is that GW never learns from its mistakes. They made ET to force people to buy into a new IP. They wouldn't make an official non-ET return-to-Fantasy world of their own because people would see how much better it was and leave their new game and they don't want that.

Hell, TWW's already renewed interest in WHFB and drawn people away from ET/AoS.

>archie's skull in FPV
>not sniping Archaon by manual aiming batteries of gobbos

Dunno man, I'm pretty sure daemons cower in fear from Saltzpyre and Slaanesh can't fathom how big his dick is.

Disappointing. Always hope that Fatshark could do its own thing.

>In the End Times of the Warhammer world, you will be challenged like never before as you and your team of Heroes face untold enemy hordes in a desperate struggle to save the Empire from devastation. Choose a career for your Hero, climb the talent tree, pick from a vast range of unique weapons and gear, and hack through the ranks of the monstrous invaders.

This is from the Vermintide 2 official site. Quit being delusional.

Also obvious the third installment of Total Warhammer will feature the End Times since Be'lakor will certainly be in it.

It also would also cause a huge shitstorm, make them produce round bases after they threw out the moulds, and kill at least 6 years of effort they've already put into AoS.

>four heroes

Are you sure you've read their site?

>will feature the End Times since Be'lakor will certainly be in it

Uh, Be'lakor was a character as far back as, what, 4E?

>will feature the end times
The first game featured the end times.
Then after you stomp Chaos into the dirt you get an Age of Peace, allowing you to go into athel loren or ulthuan or naggaroth in search of elf waifus

CA said they wouldn't go into anything ET related. While this is good, it does unfortunately mean we won't get Nagash.

TWW3 Belakor
>passive effect (constant): -5000 leadership when attacked by rock-based weaponry

5*

>Uh, Be'lakor was a character as far back as, what, 4E?

And he is the ideal leader of the daemon faction since he is the only iconic Undivided daemon in WHFB history.

>allowing you to go into athel loren or ulthuan or naggaroth in search of elf waifus

But user, Malekith has united the Elven people as the Eternity King.

ROCKS
SCREAMING

You can't have End Times without daemons.

They added End Times units in the recent release, the Morghasts. So clearly you are WRONG!

Sorry user, Ulthuan sunk.

>malekith
>implying he doesn't get confederated by Mommy and spends all day suckling her perfect tits

They unfortunately didn't add Morghasts, that was just a rumour circulated here.
I really wish CA had though, ET:Nagash was the best thing to happen Post-SoC.

Good point, but then again it's not hard to be iconic. We've got so few named daemons it's actually bizarre. Problem is they'd have to make some adjustments, because in WHFB lore Be'lakor became a crazy and sycophantic servant, while in ET lore he became something of a Marty Stu full-fledged fearsome warlord. Given that TWW has seemed to incorporate elements of both worlds into their own we'll probably get a powerful Be'lakor who has poor decisionmaking but seeks to usurp the Chaos Gods but is servile enough to know his place (for now).

So you are saying that anons in Veeky Forums lied? They said the final battle had Morghasts.

Nagash is literally the only remotely good thing from the entirety of it. Just like everything else though they gave up halfway with him and despite all the buildup and plot they just go "lol psyche chaos wins anyway world explodes" so they could make you go buy their fucking Buzz Lightyear marines.

>lore Be'lakor became a crazy and sycophantic servant,

You haven't read any Be'lakor lore ever, have you?

>tfw got enough Good Boy Points to stick it in mommy's hoo-hah.

Yep. It really sucks, hyped for nothing.

Sweetie, mommy's hoo-hah is reserved for Karl Franz now. Mommy's gonna give you a new brother to play with!

I have. Be'lakor was never a servant. He was never sycophantic in any way. He was enslaved by the gods against his will and he made his displeasure clear to the Everchosen. He worked to break the curse that bound him.

And this lore is exactly the same as his lore in 8th ED and ET, you moron.

>Bel'akor was never a servant
>He was never sycophantic in any way

>transforming him from a demigod into a confused and crazed spirit
>confused and crazed
>he would for all time be a servant and thrall
>servant and thrall

Let me breakdown Be'lakor lore that remained the same since his glorious debut in fantasy.

>First mortal to attract the attention of the gods
>First mortal to ascend to daemonhood become the Firstborn of the gods
>Abused his power, manipulated the gods, and was so arrogant he thought he was equal to the pantheon
>Tzeentch unites the Chaos Gods against him
>The Chaos Gods strip him of his power, body, and mind making him just a formless mindless shadow in the Warp
>The Chaos Gods further curse him with the duty of crowning his replacement the Everchosen
>He is only allowed to regain his sentience and exit the Realm of Chaos to do the hated task of crowning the Everchosen and acting as their herald
>After the Everchosen gets defeated, Be'lakor is once again dragged into the Realm of Chaos and stripped of his mind
>Be'lakor eventually through sheer willpower managed to piece back his mind and work on ways to break the curses of the gods or circumvent them

This action does not have my consent.

Sounds like a massive jobber desu

See

>transforming him from a demigod into a confused and crazed spirit

In the Realm of Chaos, you moron. That was his state in the Realm of Chaos. He is given back his mind when its time to crown the Everchosen.

>servant and thrall

An unwilling slave that eventually managed to break his bonds. He is more of a rebel and never took his slavery laying down.

This is the state of the average WHFBfag lore knowledge. DISGUSTING!

Is Lucifer a jobber? Because he is the Lucifer expy.

>god keeps him as a janitor
>pagans think he is luring people into hell

>got really powerful
>became an arrogant prick
>tried to take over
>failed and got punished

Yeah, jobber, and to Lucifer's credit he never fled screaming from rocks

lol you're waifu is shit m8
belakor was a cuck who thought he had big cahones and got bitchslapped for it
forever doomed to live as either a whipping errand bitch or as a mindless shadow

even chaosfags do not like belakor because he's not meant to be likable, he's the first mortal to turn to chaos and is a perfect example of how badly they fuck you up and how willing servitude becomes slavery the second you piss them off or if they just feel like it

>he never fled screaming from rocks

And neither did Be'lakor. Him being a formless shadow not allowed to exit the Warp unless crowning the Everchosen makes it hard for him to be in Lustria and being touched by physical things.

>>tried to take over

He didn't try to take over. His only crime is believing that he is better than the gods.

>forever doomed to live as either a whipping errand bitch or as a mindless shadow

More shifty WHFB lore knowledge. Be'lakor at the time of Archaon's crowning was breaking the curse and in the ET, the curse was broken. Be'lakor is a free daemon.

>how willing servitude becomes slavery the second you piss them off or if they just feel like it

Be'lakor will have revenge on the gods in time though.

According to the book he tried to assert himself among the main CG pantheon.

>calls other post shitty WHFB lore knowledge
>posts using 8E and ET lore in /wfg/

only shitty losers post french fries in a french fry thread im going to post about burgers because im right

>belakor will have revenge on the gods in time

Nice. Publish that on deviantart.

>According to the book he tried to assert himself among the main CG pantheon.

What book is that and why couldn't you completely read it?

>only shitty losers post french fries in a french fry thread im going to post about burgers because im right

Actually, I am citing everything. Mostly his older lore. I have yet to cite his new lore even. So again. shitty WHFBfags being shitty WHFBfags.

>Nice. Publish that on deviantart.

Who knows them better than their own son?

>Deny God and His love
>Get left out of the afterlife because you made every effort to deny it
>Complain
>mfw

>Who knows them better than their own son?

Using two Earthshakers is the correct way to play Ravening Hordes Chaos Dwarfs, but I wanna use Bull Centaurs too because they're so iconic, but both are rare choices. Wat do?

That sounds pretty neat. Allthough without any wardsave wouldn't he get shrecked in an instant?

Seemed like a decent place to ask. Is Mordheim any good?

It's dependant on your group, there's a lot of "trap" options and the games will be dominated by 20 model skaveb lists armed with slings.

The cloak gives him a 3+ ward against spells and shooting, the sea dragon cloak gives him a strong as fuck armor save.

Combined with asf and murderous prowess he usually manages to kill things before they can strike back.

>tfw you have free time for once
>tfw your carpal tunnel acts up and prevents you from touching models

Yes

To think they could rewind et so easily
>Gotrek kills belacuck
>all his time fuckery and dimension hopping (which are bullshit in their own) is cancelled
>everything goes back as before the Storm of Chaos. Now it's the last life everyone's got, use it well

Cool. Any sort of revamps or updates or is it under "Don't be a dick" jurisdiction?

It's really just that, the game only works if you're not trying to ruin it for other people.

But otherwise it's fine? Beside the slingspam of course.

Does anyone have the old Path to Glory rules that were in the White dwraf years ago ?
I looked into the links in the OP but couldn't find them. I only have the first issue of the rules and I thought this was the right place to ask.

Sorta, sling spam is just a dominating build and there are many others of them.

The game itself is fun though, after the slightly steep learning curve.

My main concern is opposing weapon skill rolls, which I'm not used to at all since I started in 40k and only very recently in 8th. Mordheim just looked really fuckin cool so we thought we'd give it a go. Just gotta adjust to older mechanics

So you have a group lined up already then?
Mordheim is primarily a campaign game that requires a heap of terrain and accurate tracking of looted warpstone.

Honestly if you're not seasoned fantasy players I would just recommend age of sigmar outright, it's similar but you don't have to worry about climbing rules and infinite initiative checks.

Yeah, there's 4 of us in total and we have plenty of terrain. We enjoy the prospect of heavily customizable small warbands and the narrative campaign mechanics look nifty too. I'm hyped

>the Skaven are ruled by the young
But that's not true. The individual skavens that make up the twelve seats of the Council of thirteen are truly ancient relative to the rest of skavendom.

>Dark Elves needing or even caring about consent.

>Being this sort of cuck-fetischist

Well then good luck user, post your battle reports in the thread if you feel like it. It'll beat carnac wars.

>The cloak gives him a 3+ ward against spells and shooting
I wasn't aware of that, that makes him kinda amazing desu and not particularly expensive either.

Skaven, imo, are nothing more complex than your standard "rats are gross and bad" stereotype, writ large. Although, that stereotype is actually more complex in origin than people tend to appreciate. It emerged around the Victorian era; before then, rats were just another vermin. Although the things that got the Victorians upset were different than the modern day rat phobia.

See, Victorians had an obsession about separating themselves from nature. For most of human history, man had more or less viewed themselves as part of the natural world, but the Victorians had more a drive to draw a firm line between man and nature. The rat, a persistently invasive creature, thus became a source of great anxiety, but their unique status as the archetypal vermin partially arouse because of their similarity to mankind, and were begun to be seen as the true rival to human civilization.

While the great beasts of nature like wolves had been convincingly routed by the forces of civilization, Rats, continued to flourish in man's shadow. Just like the lower classes (another source of Victorian distress), they lived in squalor and decay (and yet were very clean creatures, which was dismaying due to seemingly behaving against their "correct" nature), bred at alarming rates (the issue of rats fucking a lot was a source of particular disgust and fascination), and the fear (stoked by the ratcatching industry) was one of a swarm of vermin suddenly exploding from seemingly nowhere and overwhelming Englands farms, driving mankind into starvation overnight. This fear led to wild tales of rat ingenuity and social cooperation; one story was that rats would hoist each other over barriers by pulling other rats up by their tails.

WW1 lead to another dimension: visions of a no man's land where rat dined on the flesh of all nation's men.

While beastmen are the feral and brutal red tooth and claw of nature, skaven are like us. They are the other, waiting, scheming at the periphery.

It's not Ogre 'till it's Ogre.

Yeah it's a lot of fun, especially if you get a good group and start playing on Nightmare+.

followup: Although, the concerns of rats being agents of entropy was also something the Victorians were concerned over, what with all the gnawing, eating and covering things in shit and piss, but I think that fails to capture the whole sentiment, which had more and a little element of fascination and fanaticism one would associate more with a people vilifying a true enemy as opposed to something more abstract, with things like rat baiting being a popular spectator sport for the upper class. Moreover, the fears of entropy were expressed more in the concerns that rats were too much like us: they treated us with the same disdain and exploitative attitude that mankind expressed towards the rest of nature.

if you want to read more on this dumb shit, id recommend "The rat: its history & destructive character" for stuff written during the time period, and "Rat" by Jonathan Burt

Yes. It's L4D on the surface, but a lot more nuanced and skill based. It's worth the sale price, and V2 is around the corner with a lot of improvements.
Do try to make some friend in public games, as playing alone is the worst. Even with a single buddy the experience is a million times better.

Anyone know where I can find Warhammer Fantasy Artwork in HQ. Karl Kopinski and Paul Dainton are practically ghosts on the internet.

I mean Age of Sigmar has an Art Database.

There was a "chad skaven vs virgin lizardmen" pic posted a while back, but the page is gone. Anyone have it?

Anyone has ideas on how to get tomb kings alternatives for a fearsible price? Mantic skeltals look don't have any kind of egyptian look, and gamezone is nice for heroes and chariots but the horsemen and troops are way too expensive.

>They added End Times units in the recent release, the Morghasts.
They also made Azhag the one of the playable Lords, they also added Vlad and Isabella without Nagash.

Mantic has Egyptian skeletons now, they're called Empire of Dust. Very nice looking models, and cheaper than any alternative you'll find.

oh, damn, thank you.
Kings of war minis are roughly the same scale as GW ones right?

Very much so.

Yep. The Tomb Kings units not part of the EoD line are usually easier to find (scorpions, generic sphinx, statue/bone giant)

>Mantic skeltals look don't have any kind of egyptian look
They do, they're just ugly as fuck.

They look good with a decent paint job and a swap out of the weapon heads. Whoever Mantic hired to paint them did a shit job.

Agreed, the army is not for me but for my friend who wants to sell his old dwarves and start some rattlebones.
I'm sure I can find some bits or conversion kits with better weapon heads, since the vision of these minis gave me grade A cancer.

Bowmen and regular spearmen are ok tho.

Have you checked out the 9th Age's minitiature suggestion-section?

the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/476-undying-dynasties-ud/

>the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/476-undying-dynasties-ud/
ah, thank you, tabletop miniature solutions seems pretty solid

I'd almost consider buying them if I couldn't just ask chinaman.

Very very expensive though.

Yeah but their Damsels looks pretty nice.
After TWW2 I really want to try some SOuthlands brets

I really like them for characters or small elite units, but I'd never buy a horde like skeletons from them.