/swg/ - Pimp Hand of the Force Edition

Post about FFG, X-Wing, Armada, Legion, WEG D6, Saga/d20, Lego, and anything else Star Wars related!

Previous: Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB (embed)
Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (Edge of the Empire/Age of Rebellion/Force and Destiny)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6 (embed)
Other FFG Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Destiny and the LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN (embed)
FFG Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the FFG RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ (embed)
Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin (embed)

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.nz/#F!kJtCTR7Q!HNUwVc1B8KB2FrD4Twmb7g
The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png (embed)
Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/Un1UhzZ4 (embed)

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing
Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG (embed)
Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

Armada wave VII release article:
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/2/1/launch-the-fleet/

Legion organized play:
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/2/7/the-battles-to-come/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WFAP2bdCUkQ
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Justice_Action_Network
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Thrawn_campaign#Early_Strikes
geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel Alliance&d=v4!e!81:48,243,157,227:-1:23:;80:250,243,243,234,234,83:9:23:U.29,U.234;48:27,135,165:-1:-1:;46:135,251:-1:-1:;140:135,-1,-1,-1,38,237,-1:-1:24:&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Any other page like melminiatures?

Imagine the poor grunt who had to paint Trawn's flagship.

Best race coming through!

Could powered armor work in Star Wars? Been thinking about putting some in my campaign.

Define "powered armor". Regular armor with servomotors in the limbs to enhance strength? Yeah, that can be a thing. Really small mechs? Some walkers qualify, yeah.

How far and how long can TIEs operated away from a base or star destroyer?

I think they have, at most, two days worth of consumables.

For Star Wars d6 by WEG, just grap the adaption of Heavy Gear d6, destiny fined to be fully compatible with it.

Were Dark Troopes powered armor or just droids?

The Phase I and II models were droids. Phase III was a droid that could function as power armor.

>I'M FUCKING INVINCIBLE

Why do Stormtroopers make such good Gundams?

Overrated garbage that literally claimed ownership of a world they don't even own.

>playing d6

So if the Empire and First Order had a showdown in stupidity, who might win?

Wave 7 is really fun, you guys.

I want to use two ARC-170 and a Y wing, thanks to that one user who was so kind to make a list and explain all core stuff to me.

However I don't know which Core Set should I pick up.
I want to play both with friends who never touched the game before but also go to tourneys at some point.
I know for sure I need r2d2 from the core set and that TFA one has better damage deck or something.

Okay how the fuck do I smack some sense into my local Rebaboo (I refuse to use the term Rebfag, it'd give other Rebfags a bad name) and tell him that the Imperial Navy wouldn't just fold like a moist towelette at the sight of the Rebel fleet, that SSD's aren't all-bark and no-bite, that TIE Defenders can take on Rebel starfighters, that MC-85's and 90's weren't these invisible fleet-destroyers by themselves and that the Empire generally is an actually credible threat? Yes, you might have to bend canon and cherry pick for that, but the guy complains to no fucking end every time there's an Imperial victory of any sort in our game and it's this or a tie him down and force him to read the entirety of Heir to the Empire.
This is the kind of guy who's telling me that the Empire has "no conceivable advantage" even if you put Thrawn at the helm - the guy who, in canon, nearly defeated the entire New Republic.
I agree as much as the next guy that the Rebels would ultimately win (barring some lack-of-space-wizard shenanigans during the Thrawn Campaign because a little sprinkle of alt-history could have that result in an Imperial victory maybe) but the guy seems to think that they'd roflstomp every Imperial they came across and that they can just navy fight Thrawn and win.
I think he played a little too much Empire at War and believes his ability to fight the AI in that is representative of in-universe actions.

Have a picture of an Imperial officer as recompense.

play an imperial campaign

Remind him that the Rebels were very picky in their fights for a good reason.

Every time I pass by the ISD in stores I keep being surprised by how big it is

Make him play TIE Fighter.

tell me about the bounty hunters in your games /swg/, heroic or villainous.

Isn't the majority of the campaign in tie fighter just shooting other imperials anyways because they make better target practice?

>I know for sure I need r2d2
Go for original core in that case. The damage deck aren't THAT different.

>that scene where snoke learns luke has turned into a pathetic homeless man on a shitty island

to be honest, it was good acting, I could really feel the shaudenfreude

>tfw no Imperial Mon Calamari officer picture

>thrawn
>doing well

did he win any battles? I remember he lost quite a few battles and then died. The books were like "LE BRILLIANT STRATEGEM" the entire time, over and over and I was like "but he never wins even once not even in the second book"

>CGI monster
>Acting

I was gonna get Most Wanted next check but it looks like I have to spend money on adult things instead. So I'm just gonna get a single ship expac, I'm thinking for Imps.

I currently have a Firespray and three TIEs, what's a good addition to this that isn't another TIE/ln?

>what is mocap

Voice acting, mocap, one could argue the 'acting' of animation in his facial expression.

This isnt the PS2 era anymore, user. Shit is really good these days and can make you feel feels.

THIS made me feel more than any of Lucas's faggot puppets.
youtube.com/watch?v=WFAP2bdCUkQ

>shitting on PS2 era
>admiring eye candy more than voice acting and writing
You should go being a pleb somewhere else

Does anybody know of somewhere where I can get adjustable position stands for X-Wing minis?

I want to display them in positions other than just straight up-and-down.

If Rebels is anything to go by than the Empire is way more incompetent than the FO.

>Rebel Alliance never had terrorists

They didn't, but many of the units that would join them up later were essentially terrorists.

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Justice_Action_Network

This is a good example of 'Alderaan shot first', these guys attacked Imperial personnel, committed terrorist attacks, dabbled in crime. Sure it doesn't justify destroying an entire planet, but its not like you can say Alderaan was 100% innocent.

Literally the first scene he's in features him destroying an NR task force by employing a maneuver their commander isn't psychologically suited to handle.

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Thrawn_campaign#Early_Strikes
According to the Wook he won a lot of victories, not sure how many of those were covered in depth in the books though.

Coruscant was covered in depth in the books I'm pretty sure, so there's at least one that's actually covered and not just mentioned.

They don't?

I want to play but it's legit overpriced

What are some juicy Imperial targets a Rebel group operating in the Tion Cluster could go after?

>nigger lesbian
Yeah I'm feeling something alright. Disgust.

Lianna's the HQ of Sienar Fleet Systems.

There's like 2-3 different kinds in a few supplements, Dangerous Covenants I know has one. You could probably stat out much more advanced ones, but they'd likely fall heavily in the "top secret prototype military gear" range for most eras.

Start with OT core- You will likely eventually pick up a new core when it goes on sale every once in a while for sub $20. If going to a tournament, ask to borrow a new damage deck.

Well, what kind of third ship do you want? An ace? Heavy jouster?

Get magnets- either disc for 1 axis turning, or inset ones and ball bearings for 2.

Now that TLJ has finally mystified the force again after the prequels tried to turn it into genetic super powers how are you guys using it in your campaigns?

fuck this card

Sup /swg/, I'm looking for advice. Besides making a Raider with Ord. Tubes and a billion Harpoon missiles, what are other good ways to load it out? Is double or even Triple Turbolaser a good idea? Ion cannon batteries? Quad laser cannons? I have no idea what i'm doing.

So my players are somehow involved in the slightly changed events of Shadows of the Empire (Han never got frozen, so he and Dash are teaming up to bust Leia out of Xizor's place).

The group went in ahead of the original crew to try and disable security systems, but they were retarded enough to trust fucking Vidkun so now Xizor's security are on high alert and they're likely to have to fight Guri herself.
Does this look like a good statblock for her? She's roughly on par with the PCs, according to the power level/estimated XP cost.

>park an MC30 in front of a Screed HIEs/ACMs Kuat
>it'll survive, redirecting shields can absorb 6 damage, admo to cancel 1-2 more, plus 4 hull; then it'll unload and fly away
>Kuat rolls 10 damage in addition to instantly stripping me of 5 shields

lessons were learned

The... same way I was using it before the ST. The physical force is super powers like lifting rocks, jumping high and shooting lightning (all seen in the OT, I'll remind you) and the cosmic force is the mystical side.
Some people are force sensitives, some aren't. It's not genetic, just a matter of luck if you're in tune enough.

The force really hasn't changed. It got weird but that's about it

how different is star wars armada compared to the older game, star wars miniature,( pick related ) ?
i remenber having a ton of fun with it

That feels WAY more powerful than the statblock I gave to Guri - but my players also mopped the floor with her, so if you want her to be a threat to them and they're at ~500 XP or more, go nuts, I threw the toughest stuff I could think of at them and they shrugged it off constantly.

Maybe give her an actual ranged weapon of some sort she can use, even if not for long, and quickdraw to let her put it away and punch away on a dime.
I'd also do what you do for Inquisitors, and give her two turns a round, but one is always at the end - that's my policy for any one thing trying to fight the entire party though, back-up mooks or otherwise.

Just make sure to give her some backup since solo fights are not really doable in my experience

They're at 1200 XP, which is roughly what the builder says she's at too.
As for ranged weapons: they're facing her on top of a swarm of disposable Black Sun goons, so it's not unfeasible for her to grab one of their carbines and start blasting them (or even better, steal the idiot with a Sidewinder repeater's weapon after breaking her arm for her). Quick Draw is probably something I should add though, thanks.

As for double turns, I'm unsure. They will be facing her with serious backup (12 "PDF Troopers" reskinned as Black Sun mooks and a pair of Barabels. I may do it anyway, since I intend this to be a humbling experience for my players.

Never underestimate your players. Maybe I just roll pretty shit, I have notoriously bad luck at dice, but always overcompensate for what you think they're capable of. If you find she's kicking their asses a touch too hard, tone it back mid-fight.
But at 1200 XP? Yeah, they're basically superheroes, I'd argue at that point you don't pull ANY punches when it comes to making nemeses if you want them to be credible threats on their own.

What is this one called, it looks fucking amazing.

WotC Starship Battles.

I personally don't remember it being very good, but that was forever ago so don't take my word for it. The ships came in randomized booster packs (even the core set was random) which basiaclly turned me off before even seeing the rules.

star wars miniatures

Were they really bad guys?

Yes? They were formed by having a civil war artificially created and through assassination and treachery. They oppressed planet after planet and blew up an entire world.

Yes. Speciesism on a massive scale, blew up a planet, seemed very unconcerned with collateral when fighting insurgents, and were generally a pretty oppressive group.
Does this mean every single person under Imperial rule was a bad guy? No. Does this the average stormtrooper in the core worlds who doesn't even know about half that shit is a bad person? No. Is the Empire as an institution the bad guy? Yes.
Now, if you want to talk about the Imperial Remnant or what the Empire COULD be we can have a discussion, but as portrayed? Yes, the evil space wizard does indeed rule the bad guys.

TFU had a shipyard and an ore mine on Raxus Prime. Honestly, those games had some pretty decent ideas, even if they were garbage overall.

Yes. Now stop baiting.

t. impfag

...How exactly did it get "mystified" again? The way the force works wasn't touched upon and as for "usage" of the force Rian Johnson just ripped two abilities out of the EU... TLJ didn't do anything to the force

Fuck off with this tired bait.

Well, Misdirect existed in FaD before the movie, and I was allowing it since the playtest was leaked, so nothing's changed here.

How is the chimera? Worth the price? I already have a regular ISD

not to sound like an Impboo but it's actually because Rebel starfighters other than maybe the A-wing aren't a match for TIE Defender/Missile Boat. They needed to give a more challenging opponent to the player so what better than super agile, shielded, and missile-armed enemy TIE Advanced and TIE Defenders for the player to dogfight?

The Empire was bad, but not all the people who served in it were.

pretty sure he takes like a quarter of NR space before Bilbringi, some by conquest, rest by intimidation

Specifically, I'm wondering how to deal with a CR-90 with this loadout backed up by Jan Ors, Esege, and Roark.

geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel Alliance&d=v4!e!81:48,243,157,227:-1:23:;80:250,243,243,234,234,83:9:23:U.29,U.234;48:27,135,165:-1:-1:;46:135,251:-1:-1:;140:135,-1,-1,-1,38,237,-1:-1:24:&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

(and 60 points of whatever)

With the ordinance experts and 3 Thug Droids, along side Maul's rerolls and Esege's focus tokens to share, this thing will crank out endless all-critical attacks with shitloads of splash damage.

Should my Raider be going Triple Turbolaser to deal with this? Even just the main gun on initial engage from a CR-90 is going to be a HHHCCCC attack on average(maybe even a 4th hit), and that means I need to have Reinforce up on the correct side, AND have Assiler as my title to avoid eating a crit through shields on my fore the first engage. The aft only has 4 shields too- How do I get all those Turbolasers on target without immediately eating shit?

Is there some way to deal with that CR-90?

Even having Captain Kagi in a corner somewhere won't really work, as the rerolls come from Maul, not a target lock, nor does a PS 7+ swarm of Harpoons work, as the thing shoots at PS 12.

Does anyone know how to kit out a Raider to deal with the CR-90?

It's really strong. Over half the players had at least one of the new ISD variants last night, let alone some of the new upgrades.

You get 3 sets of the new variants ship cards and cardboard, so you can field your existing regular ISD as a second one at the same time.

new bread so I'm going to ask again:

Where would y'all go to if you had to sell your X-Wing collection, /swg/?
I'm sitting on about $1,500 retail worth of ships n shit and I'm not sure if dumping them on ebay or something is a good idea.
I would sell them to the gang at my FLGS but I already know they would only pick 3-4 ships out and I ain't about that.

mystified? The only part it mystified was it's literal incorrect view of the Dark Side. It's not Yin-Yang bullshit, dark side is cancer on the force

Not impaboo at all. Even the most die-hard Holdo would acknowledge that Defenders and Missile Boats will eat the iconic letter-wings for breakfast.

Is there an Imperial officer that go pound for pound with Hux's brand of blundering?

EUtist not even once. Rian made the force beautiful and mysterious again. How different from midichlorians!

Try your regional Facebook group.

Defenders and Missile Boats will eat the iconic letter-wings for breakfast.

What about the rest then?

not him, but are you retarded son? Did you take a shitty dream sequence and literal incorrect view of the force as mystifying?

>Rian made the force beautiful and mysterious again.
I fail to see how he did anything other than continue to be a fuck-up. Although in this case it's because, again, he didn't do anything to the force in TLJ

How would a Defender do against an E-Wing or XJ you think?

I figure it out guns the E-Wing but maybe not as maneuverable? XJ is mainly a straight upgrade to X-Wing so about even?

Nope, it's still Midichlorians. Neither JJ or Rian Johnson changed that

late block XJs would probably beat the shit out of early defenders, but if they ran into some of the very few defenders that the IR had upgraded by the 20s, they'd have issues

Hux was actually competent in TFA. Then Contrarian Johnson 180s him

Ks, Hs, Ms, and Ts will die without a doubt. XJs and Es will die to MBs, no question, but the Defender is a tougher comparison since we don't really have opportunities to see them fight each other. Early E-wings will probably die because of their initial teething problems (shit like overheating lasers). Later E-wings that have gotten their much-needed fixes will probably be even. Early XJs might be an even or slightly unfavorable match with the average Defender but I can see the XJ series finally becoming a favorable 1v1 match-up by the XJ7.

That has never once been true
He shows us the force doesn't belong just to Jedi and Sith. And by showing the slave boy use the force he tells us anyone can use the force not just Skywalkers or Palpatines.

Literally incorrect according to what source?
Lucas? Because he wrote Mortis so evidently even he doesn't believe that anymore.

If you exclude jar jar, Gungans are unironically cooler than Mon Cala

>He shows us the force doesn't belong just to Jedi and Sith.
Not exclusive to him

>And by showing the slave boy use the force he tells us anyone can use the force not just Skywalkers or Palpatines.
You mean like Obi-Wan, Yoda, Qui-Gon, Mace Windu, the other fucking aliens and... oh yeah REY

Rian didn't do shit

Yeah, even as someone that thinks poorly of the new Canon and films, him and Kylo Ren were a lot more engaging than what comes later.

The threat of the First Order kind of degrades over time.

E-wing vs defender would be a close one, it would be really dependent on if they're the shitty early Es or the later models. XJs would also depend on models, with the -3s being slightly worse, the 5s probably being a reasonably even match and the 7s finally squeaking ahead

God I want CIS ships in Armada so bad. I would love to have both clone wars factions available but I don't think the republic have enough ships.

>The threat of the First Order kind of degrades over time.
This

In TFA only Tie Fighters and Starkiller Base are destroyed. In Starkiller's case it's because it's fist infiltrated, sabotaged and then set upon by surprise.

In TLJ Rian be blowing up a Dreadnought, a handful of ISDs and the biggest ship we've ever seen.

OUR EXPECTATIONS WERE SUBVERTED

Jesus Christ XJs and their ilk fucking sucked. Literally normal X-Wing with supposedly better stats. At least the T70 looks different. Also we better see some T85s in 9.

I thought the K-Wing would blow away a Defender given it heavily out guns and might out range one.

And I think the K-Wing has the same SLAM as the Missile Boats do.

It is for film which is the only thing that counts.
>You mean like Obi-Wan, Yoda, Qui-Gon, Mace Windu, the other fucking aliens and... oh yeah REY

Rian didn't do shit
Stop moving the goalposts child