Confess

Let go of your sins, Veeky Forums. Maybe it'll do you good.

Last night I took my seventeen year old girlfriend to the session without letting anyone in the group know before hand. She sat quietly and watched, she had fun.

What age are you?

I fucking hate this kind of thread.
It's the most /b/tard thread out there

I plan to play a Paladin of Pelinor in an upcoming campaign.
He hates Drow, filthy demon worshipers.
He hates Elves, a species related to filthy demon worshipers.
He hates Half-elves, filthy half-breeds.
He's going to make a winged helm with the ears of slaughtered elves replacing the feathers.

I only ever played 5th edition Dungeons & Dragons, and I have no interest in any other system.
I also some time look down upon people who play other systems outside of D&D

>Be me
>Finally stop being a Forever DM and join some games through Roll20
>Can't help but feel like all the DMs are shit and can't run a game and that my own games are better when I run them
>Can't help but internally fume at how every campaign is full of retarded "you all meet up randomly" intros that give us no reason to be together and asspulled "collect X number of Macguffins to save the world from some super amazing threat nobody else can stop for some reason" plot hooks that don't feel organic
>Not sure if I'm just totally absorbed up my own ass or if these DMs are just awful

Will he also be gay?

I had a dream where the couple among my PCs started having sex during a session and displacing me as GM, so I'm going to kill his character because I woke up at 4 AM shuddering.

I mean I kinda had a setting where it's "collect X maguffins" in a way that sort of makes sense. Big bad lad is amassing an army, the party goes to about 8 different dungeons set by a contact (that legitimately brought them together, not just randos) that act as tests for their wit, strength and other abilities to see if they can pull off the assassination of the century to stop the incoming war to end civilisation. Once done they infiltrate the late-game area and use what they've proven to have to sneak in, get a major league boss fight against a demon lord that's corrupting the country, kill it and return home as the secret behind-the-scenes heros

I like to make new settings, rules, OC, and run games because I want people to think I'm intelligent and creative.

I hate DnD. I hate how casters can handwave away problems. I hate how martials can't do jack shit aside from hit things. I hate how the system is built on HP Bloat. I hate how the skills system is so underdeveloped. I hate how players are demi-gods by level 5. I hate that it stifles the entire industry even though there are several games that are lightyears better mechanically and more fun to play.

And yet I continue to play it because it's the only game that anyone else actually plays where I don't have to pull teeth trying to force them to learn something new that they won't even give a genuine effort towards.

Though a nerd myself, I strongly pity the stereotypical unkept, awkward and socially inept dice-rolling overly-enthusiastic weirdo nerds. I do feel a sort of affinity because I understand their position, but they rarely seem self-aware, or perhaps they've just lost interest in the real world to a degree that is terrible.

I literally copypasted the plot of a JRPG for my last campaign. No one noticed. Everyone loved it.

Why haven't you homebrewed these problems away yet?

>I hate that it stifles the entire industry even though there are several games that are lightyears better mechanically and more fun to play.

Name them. Surely if they were so good, they would have caught on by now.

Have you tried playing 4e?

Not that guy, but trying to fix DnD with Homebrew is like trying to fix a decapitation wound with a band-aid and kisses.

I don't play vidya.

>4e comes out
>Everyone plays Pathfinder instead
>5e comes out, everyone plays that

Same problem as before, nobody actually PLAYS 4e. There's a small group of people who like to jerk off to character builds and "muh mechanics", but nobody PLAYS it.

I get triggered to fuck every time I hear a player use an overly formal tone when talking in character.
It's like every fucking 'roleplayers are nerds' joke from TV sat right in front of me and I've warned my players that I'll penalise them for doing it.

My first tabletop was Vampire the Masquerade, revised edition.
Switched to nuWorld of Darkness as soon as it came out, and liked it more.
Started playing second edition Exalted on the side.
Dropped them both as soon as they switched editions.
Started playing 5th edition Dungeons & Dragons.
Now I can't think of ever going back. Never had this much fun with a game before.

>surely if they were so good, they would have caught on by now.

Good has nothing to do with it. It's all about popular and well known; the more people play dnd (and not other games) the more likely they are to play more dnd, as well as recommend it to their friends, and shit on other systems despite having never played them.

A few years of this and you have a weird dnd complex in your society where dnd is THE main TTRPG, just because it was the main game people played in the 80s and that popularity has carried forth.

while I'm trying to get my group into shadowrun, I do actually like fifth edition a bit, despite its problems

I hate Warhammer RPG
I hate not having control over what character I create

This is due in part to the fact that
1. The main community for doing 4e stuff was the WoTC forums, which have been shuttered.
2. 4e doesn't really have a retroclone that you can say "Okay, this is the continuation of 4e."

I once made a Mary Sue'ish waifu of a PC.

It was L5R and she was an amazonian, one armed Lion clan bushi that was trained as a Crane duelist (mechanically legit, not just fluff bullshit).
Before you say anything, I wasn't aware of Guilty Gear's Baiken or Bleach's KÅ«kaku before I made her. I may confess to making jacking off material but I deny plagiarization.

The GM had a "40 questions" style of character fluff creation tool and I filled mine absolutely religiously.
She was supposed to be a backup character for my current one but the game fizzeled out before I got a chance to play as her.
Despite acknowledging how much of an "OC donut steel" character she was, I still really would want play as her someday...

I fell for this meme once, user. Ended up waifuing another PC (pale, slightly creepy stringy-haired girl with witch powers) so hard I really felt like quitting the game when that character died.