mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer 40k
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_imperiumisacuck,acuck!FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Old

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Wu5TDEpAqwQ?t=1m11s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

CHAOS space marines

First for Fists

New codexs never.

Big Celestine tits right in my face

>fill your deployment zone with chaff to prevent deepstrikes

>shoot your opponent to death with broken shooting

this is the current meta?

Last for Orkz, feelz bad mates

You need things that start outside your deployment zone too.

Scouts, Sentinels, Nurglings, Rangers etc.

why would you recommend pic related

First for bfg still lives

its incredible this game even has a tournament scene with the retarded nature of high end competitive lists

Big Necron tits right in user face.

That's a very definite colour scheme they've got going on there

Because they're fun

It always amazed me too

This game is competitive in the same way that edh magic is competive.

Its almost like most people don't go to tournaments to take top prizes and instead go to meet new people and get several games in the space of a weekend.

Because "Fuck Shit Up" is a great team motto.

Anyone got some good smurf successor colour schemes? Would have gone Fists successors (excluding the pathologically masochistic part), but I inherited the Black Reach set already painted.
Thinking greys would be good, maybe a touch of white. Not lazy but I also don't have particularly much skill.

There he is. There he goes again. Look, everyone! He posted it once again! Isn't he just the funniest guy around?! Oh my God.

I can almost see your pathetic overweight frame glowing in the dark, lit by your computer screen which is the only source of light in your room, giggling like a like girl as you once again type your little Celestine tits post up and fill in the captcha. Or maybe you don't even fill in the captcha. Maybe you're such a disgusting NEET that you actually paid for a Veeky Forums pass, so you just type the post. Oh, and we all know the post. The "epic" Celestine tits, isn't it? I imagine you little shit laughing so hard as you click it that you drop your Doritos on the floor, but it's ok, your mother will clean it up in the morning. Oh, that's right. Did I fail to mention? You live with your mother. You are a fat fucking fuckup, she's probably so sick of you already. So sick of having to do everything for you all goddamn day, every day, for a grown man who spends all his time on Veeky Forums posting about big living saint titties. Just imagine this. She had you, and then she thought you were gonna be a scientist or an astronaut or something grand, and then you became a NEET. A pathetic Imperiumfag NEET. She probably cries herself to sleep everyday thinking about how bad it is and how she wishes she could just disappear. She can't even try to talk with you because all you say is "Big Celestine tits right in my face." You've become a parody of your own self. And that's all you are. A sad little man laughing in the dark by himself as he prepares to indulge in the same old dance that he's done a million times now. And that's all you'll ever be.

Forever...

I've always found the notion of non-narrative tournaments perplexing. I'mean pretty sure the competitive tournament thing is an American import

The high level meta yeah, do you play at ITC tournaments?

Just had my first test game of 1k mono Custodes vs 1k stygies admech (my bikes haven’t come in yet, but my friend and I wanted to try them out, so I went with an unoptimal 1k list with what I had)
The list were Custodes:
Shield captain with spear
Magnifica Vexillus
Allarus x3 with axes
2 units of 3 guard w/ spears
1 unit of guard w/ 2 Spears, 1 shield

Admech:
2 dominus w/ eradication day and posphor serpentas
Destroyers x3 with plasma and flamers
Rangers x 10 with 3 snipers
Rangers x 10 with 3 arc rifles
2 taser/phosphor dragoons
1 Neutron laser dunecrawler

This was our deployment with the “race to victory” maelstrom mission. We realized after deploying that we should’ve reduced the board to 4x4 because of the small point limit, but we decided to stick with 6x4 and see where it went. We deployed in corners with the 18” diameter bubble in the middle

I used to go to tournaments for this reason, but last year I went for the first time in years and it was nothing but the exact same broken lists and less social skills than I've seen in an autism awareness meeting. Maybe I'm going to the wrong events

Maybe in a few years when they bring it back.

>imperiumfag

I resent that, I play Genestealer Cults and Death Guard.

You took the time to write that huh. Why not go on reddit and find a relevant pasta instead?

I'm voting Tyranids for good starting faction (since we can't vote SM, which I presume includes death guard)

>Huge variety of models and lists so people can learn the game in their own way on their own terms
>If you don't like hordes of weaker troops, take a few stronger ones for example
>Breddy powerful overall, won't discourage people early on because they won't lose so much
>Plenty of room for development and expansion because of aforementioned variety
>Any colour scheme you want
>Models are pretty simple to paint all the same
>Almost all of the army is plastic
>No difficult army-wide rules to learn or tactics to master; player is free to concentrate on learning the core rules
>Potential to branch out into GSC when you want a change, and from there potentially Imperial guard
>Chicks fucking love nids

Where can I find those Warhammer 40k papercraft templates? I want to try to build an army of them and I don't know where to find them.

Because recycling stale Veeky Forums pasta is edgy enough for this generation of shitposters.

I went to LVO and played in the championship which in theory is one of the most cutting edge events out there and still managed to enjoy 5 of my 6 games.

I run the bfg tourney at adepticon with my friends every year, we get people from England who attend, had a fellow from the Philippines one time too. There's still a cult following.

who won?

i reccomend Tau
bitch digs giant robot
plus you can put some guards in it when they will do gue'vesa rules in the codex

That is a pasta, retard

At the absolute highest levels of play yeah. For most of what goes on at the local shop, probably not.

>when they will do gue'vesa rules in the codex

>do you play at ITC tournaments?

i am frankly, new to the hobby. In the interest of understanding it better, and having purchased an army, I have researched the recent tournaments. I was somewhat disappointed by what i found.

FOR MY NEED OF SPEED
youtu.be/Wu5TDEpAqwQ?t=1m11s

What list did you bring? I'd love to go to more fun events but after what I saw it seemed like the only lists winning were the same copied lists which to me is boring. Was there reasonable variety in armies?

Ultramarine blue with pink trim, rainbows on the banners/tanks

Thinking about it, they probably will do though, right m8s?

Because they're pushing every flavour of soup on us that they can, and this is a super simple way of selling guard kits to Tau players

If there are enough shekels in it, GW will do it. Look to the Ward era where even though everybody was pissed at what he did to both fluff and crunch GW still made tons of money.

it will happen for sure
it litterally cost nothing to give them rules

it will happen for sure
i mean even squats get models now

You will always be disappointed with the top tier level of play. at newbie and local game level it's completely different.

Nurgle has gotten his tree, and now GW is asking for you to make a piece of terrain for the other gods too. What do you give the other gods? What sort of rules do you give them?

Tournament play is literally all about the mathematics of the game and optimizing points per model/damage per model. There is no fun in tourney play.

I took pure CWE - no Ynnari. General gist of my list was:

3 Guardian Blobs
6 Shining Spears
6 Reapers
Wave Serpent w/5 D-Scythes
Supporting characters

I played against:

Tyranids - monster mash style list with lots of rippers (L)
Chaos list with brass scorpion, big ass FW land raider (W)
Necrons with a pylon and lots of 9W characters (W)
Tyranids - more typical devogaunts, trygon, hormas style list (W)
Chaos Soup - lots of soupy elements, played Brett Perkins (L)
Astra Militarum - normal cadian list, tanks, some infantry, etc (W)

Only shitty game was Brett Perkins in round 5.

Silver Tower for Tzeentch.
Skull mound for Khorne.
Bevy of well endowed wenches for Slaanesh.

Yeah, I'm not particularly a defender of the Wardmarines either. Might even just make them a Templars successor instead.

That being said, I still objectively like blues, so I think it's a good base to modify from. Might go grey torso/shoulderplate/helmet and see how it looks.

I give khorne an asteroid that does like d6 mortal wounds
>and has scatter

I give tzeentch the power to melt land into water, making rivers appear wherever and sweeping units - enemy or friendly - 2d6" downstream

Aaand I give slaanesh the power to conjure 10ft tall eggplants, the most beautiful erect eggplants anyone in the segmentum solar has ever seen. Whilst they stare in lustful awe their movement and leadership are halved until the start of your next turn

Khorne fountain : give +1WS and +1 Str for every units with KHORNE keyword in a radius of 6"

Slaanesh obelisk: give +2 mov and +2 Damage

That board looks real pretty, but it looks like it would be a real shit time for vehicles.

>Templars successor

Successors dont have successors and Templars wont be giving out veterans to create a wholly different chapter when they could be making more Templars, just create a chapter that styles themselves like the Templars like the Executioners do.

I'm just gonna sit down quietly until my Aeldari buddies show up...

Who is objectively the biggest asshole in the entire 40k universe?

>Successors dont have successors
I'm fairly certain that isn't true. Can you provide a source to verify?

I know this will go nowhere however I still feel compelled to say - some people do enjoy those elements of play. The fact that people are willing to go to Las Vegas and spend money to attend an event like the LVO is proof of that fact.

Tom Kirby.

Round 1: nothing happens on either side. Admech takes pot shots only taking a single wound off a guard. Custodes are only in range of destroyers and do no damage.

Round 2 is more of the same, admech have first turn and take shots where they can, but don’t have range with the rangers because they’re busy holding objectives the admech needs. Dragoons in waiting and denying space for deep striking. Custodians keep slowly moving up, continuing to shoot at destroyers because there are no better targets, but the allarus finally drop down north of the sniper rangers and rain lead and fury on them, killing 5 and causing 4 more to run away thanks to morale rerolling higher.

Round 3: lonely sniper runs back, so the allarus can’t see it. More pot shots happen and one guard finally goes down and one wound is taken from the allarus. Custodians move up, take shots and nothing happens, but they are finally in range for a 9” charge on the destroyers which is out of range of their flamers. First charge succeeds with the 2 man guard, the captain fails his charge, but the 3rd charge with the shield unit makes it in. The allarus try to charge the dragon, but fail. The destroyers are completely wiped out by the first unit of 3 attacking which allow the 2 man unit to pile in and follow up 6”

Round 4: admech starts a counter offensive. The dominus steps down from the building and the dragoon on the left turns around; dragoon on the right gets in range of allarus. Shooting causes 2 man guard to reduced to one man and the dragoons and dominus charge their targets. The dominus cleaves the remaining guard and the dragoon on the right triggers the +2 to hit stratagem which causes 3 attacks to become 9 S8 hits but only end up doing 2 damage which leaves 1 allarus on one wound. Dragoon on left piles in and follows up to the other guard close by. The allarus and guard both kill the dragoons engaged with them decisively. Custodians continue to walk up the board

>I was only pretending to be retarded

>Aeldari

>Silver Tower
Given the relevance and nature of the Silver Tower in the lore, I'd rather see it as a giant, mobile Lord of War which buffs the units around it as it hovers around the battlefield.

Base your shit.

I plan to make a Dark El- Drukhari army at some point in the future. Can I join?

Silver Tower is too big I think - maybe like a shard from a tower or a crystal shard from Tzeentch's realm.

yeah but muh swords and muh your guys
Bad wording regardless, I didn't mean a literal succession. Already codified the gene succession element as being Smurf, though I can retcon, the idea more being Templar crusade passes through as the new chapter is in infant steps and takes on more detail from them than the Ultramarines, whom have likely fucked off to nowhere again by this point.
Why the crusade? Because an army of /k/ style skinwalker infilitration xenos.

Can Celestine have sex with men, or is she only allowed to have spiritual sex with the Emperor?

Imagine this, user. You're a well respected eldar soldier. You can be any of your choice, aspect warrior, or guardian. You've spent a good amount of your life on the battlefield, and you've been the bringer of victory for many years.

You walk into your chambers, and see this. She's your loving, powerful warrior wife. She's unlike any woman you've ever met. Perfection, in every way.

Try experiencing that in the Imperium.

What us the perfect thing to pair Custodes up with?
Admech, guard, space marines?

An Eldar is an Eldar, even if you're a murder-fuck Eldar. We gotta stick together out here.

And you're not wrong. I look at playing the game as more than a exercise in math, which is why I'm well known in my area as the guy who has fun losing and enjoys pissing off the autists by spoiling their carefully crafted game plans.

Round 4 cont.: allarus shoot what they can and take out a lot of rangers. Guards turn around and charge and kill the dominus in the white hood (who was all the warlord). At this point it’s pretty clear who’s going to win- the guard were wiping up the admech and even completing a lot of objectives along the way because they were mostly kill cards while the admech didn’t get much beyond their initial few.

We played it out and the admech got tabled at the start of round 7 with the dunecrawler going down and the score was 3:9 Custodes victory

Well you seem to gloss over one crucial fact.

Eldar don't fuck.

Don't Deldar love murderfucking Eldar more than anything else? Fucking over a craftworld is one of the highest achievements possible.

If you're an inquisitor or rogue trader you bet you can

WHAT ARMY SHOULD I START HELP ME
HELP ME PLS

Guard>Admech>>Power gap>>>Maries

>LoW
>not a Fortification

Not all terrain pieces need to be created equal.

Exactly, just because I like to lick eyeballs while I murderfuck someone with a bladed strap-on doesn't mean we can't be friends.

Meh the Imperium has paradise worlds for high ranking Imperial officials. Don't even have to be soldiery to get access to them

In time my dood. We just had time to play a game and decided to take it before I could get further in my paint/basing

>What is the perfect thing to pair custodes with
The year of the xenos

Not even remotely close. They're more willing to work with one another than anything else.

Here's the beginning of a list next to them.

>gue'vesa rules
I thought gue'vesa rules were literally just "regular Guardsmen but no orders because you can't have officers"

Right but it would be an Imperial Stronghold sized terrain piece at a minimum which is boring and shitty because it wouldn't be used.

>Maries
are they pretty girls?

She's also an autist who may wake up some day and decide she needs to spend a few centuries mastering the art of phallic pottery. Or is she just a monstrous amalgamation of souls? Or if she's a farseer she's become utterly obsessed with the future.

I have limited funds for models this year, does anyone know what's going to be strong for dark eldar for awhile?

There's no love lost between the two but Dark Eldar don't seek out and prey on their Craftworld brethren. There was a story in the DE book about them helping save Iyanden because they found the idea of their cousins using necromancy too delicious to die. They were battle brothers in the allied matrix days as well. Dark Eldar will prey on CWE and Maiden worlds but it isn't some ancient hatred they nurse.

Thanks user.

Neat
Give the bikes a whirl too

Well...the kinda murderfucked Slaanesh into existence so I'll say...Maybe not?

Wait for the codex, friend who I absolutely won't backstab in the future.