EDH/COMMANDER GENERAL /edhg/

Hastily-Produced Thread Edition

When Last We Left Our Heroes: >Latest News:
mtgcommander.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18749

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their decks strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commanders color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info

>Thread Question
What is your favorite color, least favorite color and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/30-11-17-rat-rack/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/gorgeous-girls-deck/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for Competitive EDH is for mouthbreathing retards, and if you netdeck, you are NOT playing EDH!

Sol Ring and Mana Crypt are fine cards. The chances of you running into a crypt are slim because of it's pricetag and everyone has access to a Sol Ring. Cry more.

This thread is gonna go places

It's like we never left.

Well shit, better alert the fucking presses. Unban those moxen - you'll never see them since they cost so much!

White's my favorite color because I really like the restrictions it puts on you and making a good mono white deck is actually challenging. It also has two of my favorite commanders, Celestial Kirin and Darien. I'd say green is my least favorite color just because of lack of real options. It doesn't have a ton to offer to me since I'm not a big fan of most green strategies.

But what about mana vault? And grim monolith? And I see mana crypt in every deck since my group is okay with proxies

you're a good man OP

quads of truth, you digits are noticed

What if I netdeck 80% of a deck and then add meta specific answers along with favorite pet cards?

edh with:
>less colorless ramp
>no infinite combos
here, a perfect format

I'll allow it if you're playing casually and cannot win until at least turn 5.

>sol ring is fine because everyone has access to it
>mana crypt is fine for exactly the opposite reason

>But what about mana vault? And grim monolith?

You kill whatever is untapping them and laugh at their owner as they sperg. You shouldn't let anything that untaps artifacts stick in the first place.

Wew. Quads wasted on an absolute retard.
We proxy in our meta, where's your god now?

Reminder:

>People have been crying for Ring and Crypt's ban for eight years
>They still think it'll happen after all this time

I can at least appreciate the determination

You do scoop to triggers, don't you /edhg/? You aren't some sort of sissy cuck who lets your opponent get the last laugh, right?

Don't forget: If you resolve this card, you ARE an autistic tryhard.

It depends entierly on who I'm playing with.

Recommend me some targets for my reanimation package Veeky Forums, left out triskelion intentionally.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/30-11-17-rat-rack/

If 2 cards is OK, is 10 cards OK? What about 80?

Any numbers you say other than 100 and 0 are completely arbitrary. Try to prove otherwise faggot.

>muh slippery slope

No you're the faggot user

>the absolute state of people who cry about sol ring and crypt

But if it gets countered, I'm not an autistic tryhard?

I scoop to infinite but you should enjoy watching combos go off, I expect the same from my opponent.

remove the fucking labman from EDH, jesus christ you could eliminate most of the tier 1 meta faggotry in an instant.

Demon of Dark Schemes
Massacre Wurm

It's fine if you take a free mulligan, user. Just realize that it's a house rule.

You're misreading, user. Multiplayer still gets a free mull.

>no more gayposting
>still complaining about Sol Ring and pals when artifact destruction is ez pz
>kermitfag shows no one new is lurking and generals/threads have less culture now
>no one's asked about Shadowborn Apostle Shirei in threads
What have you become, my sweetest thread

It's not a houserule, it's official multiplayer rules. Read the CR if you want to talk shit.

In normal magic it does. In the format called commander it does not.

See

>still complaining about Sol Ring and pals when artifact destruction is ez pz
You're actually retarded, aren't you? No one remotely intelligent holds this opinion.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/gorgeous-girls-deck/

For all the waifufags out there.

this user's right less crying, baiting, and taking bait.
more sissyposting

Stop bringing old shit into new threads, dumbass.

Veeky Forums was a mistake

It's a recommended house rule.

Good, good let the butthurt flow through you.

Your "source" isn't the official rules change you degenerate retard. It's someone writing an article about it. Read the actual CR, it applies to commander.

Upper left portion is the relevant bit

>no infinite combos
You ruined it. Not everyone wants to play Craw Wurm or battlecruiser. EDH is one of the few formats where batshit infinite combos can be fully explored.

It does not apply to commander.

I'm sorry that you're getting so butthurt that you realized that your free mulligan isn't official.

Reading comprehension is the Dark souls of EDH community

user, read your source. It's an article. It's not a ruling.

>muh slippery slope

It's not a slippery slope fallacy user. I just stated a fact. Go ahead, tell me a reason why you are fine with 2 cards that go in every deck but not 20, with reasoning that isn't completely arbitrary.

Nice list, I've literally never seen a Cao Cao list in the 15 years ive played magic. Lord of the Void is not bad, although just cranking out the eldrazi is probably sufficient with this list, you need room for everything else.

Sol ring is fine, because Mental misstep is legal and Mana crypt is fine because Nix is legal.

>No one remotely intelligent holds this opinion.

True my good sir. Us Rick and Morty fans of Veeky Forums truly believe that the format should be Pauper based and be a five hour long epic with a song and dance routine in every game. Tournaments should last months on end with a never ending supply of doritos and mountain dew and don't forget the Reddit memes.

+upboat

>Reductio ad Reddit
Opinion discarded!

It is a slippery slope you slackjawed retard.

>If we're okay with 2 cards taking up space in our decks and depriving us of our special snowflake status what's next 20? 50? 9001?

Please stop posting

Don't take my work for it, actually ask an official source. You may be surprised.

He's right though.
"It dies to removal" is a dumb argument as usual.

Burden of proof is on you, my man.

pic related it's you.

Dies to removal is more valid the more players there are.

There's lot of room for debate, on one hand you have people doing two drop infinite combos to kill all players that their entire deck is built around finding and playing, on the other you've got some psychopath pulling together a supremely janky 6+ card combo he didn't realise he had in the deck which has everyone screaming and clapping.

The more pieces a combo requires the more objectively fair it is. Anyone who argues otherwise is retarded.

>Competitive EDH is for mouthbreathing retards

True.

It's not like i don't understand how fun combos CAN be, but every game with 4+ players that ends with
>"Oh well, i drew my card, everyone dies"
is simply a waste of time

Actually no, targeted removal is progressively worse the more players there are.
Just stop.

>already 58 posts in and people are being baited this hard

This is why I hope Ring/Crypt are never banned. I've gotten 7 years of entertainment out of this shit and I don't want it to stop anytime soon.

>opponent plays Sol Ring
>I nature's claim it
>my opponent and I are down one card
>guy next to me resolves Sol Ring

>>"Oh well, i drew my card, everyone dies"

That's literally the entire game though. It's a card game user not Street Fighter. Someone can always top deck some shit and steal the game.

t. R/U player

>not running board wipes

It's you and your metas own fault. You sound like complete mongs and your meta sounds like "I make new rat". I can't even keep a Chrome Mox on the board in mine.

There's a difference between
>"I have an established board state and drew an overrun effect"
and
>"I top decked Tooth and Nail and have nine mana"

Any recomendations for a Golgari Comander who doesn't suck and isn't typical reanimator loops that is not Nath(friend already runs him) or Gitrog(I don't have a fuck billion dollars)? Should I just do Abzan instead?

I don't care about the people who want sol ring to stay unbanned because "yay i like having mana!!", but the clueless retards who just refuse to see how strong the card is do annoy me.

That's equally incompetent, user.

>opponents are rocking Sol Rings, Mana Crypt, Signets, Keyrunes, Abundance, Mirrari's Wake and other mana multipliers because they know I like to blow up their lands with my GR deck
>Autumn's Veil into Bane of Progress
When will they realise this plane is mine and their influence upon my domain is sacrilege.

"I make new rat"?

You make it sound like someone can win with one card, while I agree two card infinite combos need to fuck off and you should feel bad for running them, if three other players have no answer to a board state and something resolving on the stack it's time to improve removal packages. Most combo decks are totally reliant on a couple of cards to win.

I've won so many 1v1 games by resolving Sadistic Sacrament

There's really not much difference because they both have equal amounts of counterplay. Having an established board state that can take advantage of an Overrun effect is really easy.

Jarad, he wants things to stay in your graveyard to get bigger and beefier. Having a Jarad and a Loleth Troll with a big hand feels like cheating.

You mean
>your dogshit timmy deck died to the tryhard with an overabundance of fast mana and combo pieces
>you look over at your opponent and say, "Aw, man, if only I had another turn!"

The argument I made is that the difference between having 2 auto include cards and 20 is completely arbitrary. You can not want any auto-includes in the format, you could want a format with only auto-includes cards.

You could even want a format with only 2 auto include cards like we have right now. I am saying that there is no argument that you can make that isn't arbitrary for wanting 2 auto-includes but not 40.

This is a fact you nig nog.

Yeah i'm done senpai you're gonna have to find some new bait if you want to keep playing.

>implying Bane of Progress is a Timmy card and not a card that literally any deck with G should be running

Do you realize how many Pro Tours have been one by top decking a single card with not that much of a board state? It's a card game user. Sometimes you gotta accept the will of RNGesus

Not in a 120 life format, friend

Do you realize how infrequent that is?

>implying I don't also run fast mana and combo pieces
>implying I didn't fucking eat those too to get an even bigger Bane of Progress
When I've destroyed your lands and mana rocks, I'd leave you for last.

>Bane of Progress
>Timmy

THE
ABSOLUTE
STATE
OF
/EDHG/

They really are. And who is to say that Overrun effects are any more a valid way to win than infinite combos? All you have to do is snowball some guys or build up with protection.

Daily reminder that there are already 3 well known formats for people who enjoy

Bane is Timmy as fuck. Six mana big dudes are slow and durdly nowadays. EDH is faster than ever before with the constant power creep influencing it.

Daily reminder that complaining about netdecking in 2018 makes you sound like a fucking idiot

Quads and top tier bait that sank an entire thread before it even began?

How does this happen every time?

pro's are also notorious for being cheating fucks user

Lil Spike sad no one wants to play against his flash hulk deck?

:(

Daily reminder that counterspells have no place in EDH, just like all other spot removal.

>making a badwrongfun argument

Damn user you live like this?

Board wipes are the complete opposite of targeted removal, dude.

Hello Desolator. Still mad about them netdecking cheaters?

>what is Flash+Protean Hulk

come on people.

>I-it's fun for me!

>implying anyone would play this shit over Signets, Talismans, and Chrome Mox if Sol Ring was banned

Chrome Mox would be the next to go though since those French fucks banned it in their format.

>badwrongfun

>no one's asked about Shadowborn Apostle Shirei in threads
Of all those things listed I think this is the one I was most bored of. Seriously people, branch out to other commanders than Shirei. The apostles deserve more interesting things ...

Completely unrelated to anything?

kyrm, stop being a faggot.

They're 'auto-includes' because they're most efficient colourless producing artifacts and every deck requires mana, thats how the game was designed. This argument about the game becoming dominated by 'auto-include' cards because of two rocks is totally fucking arbitrary . You're going apeshit over something that doesn't exist.