mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer 40k
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_imperiumisacuck,acuck!FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Old

Horus was the good guy

>tfw no codex announcement
It's gonna be a LONG week of generals.

How can the Ork codex fix the Orks? Or at least make it so they can do something else aside from Boyz spam.

that's a question for december

Reposting proposed rules for female guard infantry:
>cost 70% of the points needed for a male guardsman
>Roll d6 for each of your female guard models
>on a 6 they are pregnant (+1 wound)
>on a 1 they are pre-menstrual (+1 melee attack)
>when a pregnant female guardsman is removed roll a dice, on a 6 add a random male or female guardsman

>Before a game starts, you can use a 2 CP stratagem (Virile Commissar) to make all female models in a infantry unit pregnant. Must have male commissar attached to the unit for this stratagem.

>built/painted models should be 10-30% cheaper
if they are painted shit then sure, but if someone put time and effort to make them look good then you are paying more, boi

Give them ways to ignore negative modifiers to shooting/make their shooting better or make them more survivable. Orks on paper are ok right now, but everyone else has so many more tools which orks lack which makes them worse by comparison

I can understand if its an older model, and its painted because its been played.
But a lot of these newer models that have been 'pro-painted' expecting another 30-50$ more and the paint job isn't even anything special.

Just started a 1k sons army.

Am I going to regret 2x10 dusty boys?

Custodes is awesome even if they would auto-lost any tournament

why are the imperial guard so boring?

>mfw SM stratagems are fucking boring and useless compared to the other armies stratagems.

Played a game against chaos today - what the fuck are cultists? Dude deployed them, spent 2 CP to redeploy them on a table edge 9" away from me, deployed a sorcerer and lord with them, cast +1 to hit on them, cast FNP, then fucking shot me 160 times hitting on 3s (of course re-rolling 1s) wounding on 4s.

How competitive do you care to be?

i get you but still, paint and glue costs. And depends how much one values their time.

Yes. Should have bought more birds. This is the future you chose.

>He got memed on by a meta build so hard he forgot lore

Galatus/Achillus rules soon, well, by some definition of the word soon

i keep hearing this but my local GW Guy says all codexs will be out by july. can i have a source on this December stuff

>if they are painted shit then sure, but if someone put time and effort to make them look good then you are paying more, boi
The only reason im even going to ebay is to get cheap models. what are the chances that the painted model if nice is still not exorbitantly priced and the paint scheme will even fit?
If i wanted a nice painted model id hire someone to do it.

Goddamn right. One day I'll even buy FW stuff for them. Although I'm kind of afraid to work with resin...

>1kSons
Dusty Bois
>Death Guard
Rusty Bois
>World Eaters
Bloodthirsty Bois
>Emperor's Children
Busty Bois(or Lusty Bois)

>glue costs
r u havin' a giggle m8?
I've been using the same bottle of glue for a year building 2 full armies. And its still not empty.
Ok, I'll let these 'pro-painters' include an extra 8 cents on the cost for the glue they've used.

More competitive than my orks

user, stop asking that question. I have since 5th edition, you're never going to get something worth a fuck, it's just something that can't happen.

>I replied in the old thread ages after the new one was created, again

#
I'm the guy you replied to...

It's a delicate ecosystem, a fine line to tread between the game being more accessible to the mainstream but losing everything about it that makes it good/individual, versus the game keeping all of its original and inimitable concepts and USPs, but attracting society's most socially awkward dweebs.

Me, I'm happy to put up with the dweebs and less of a mainstream following because the alternative is a game that I just flat out wouldn't be interested in playing.
Plus it makes for some weird and funny stories, I get to sperg out from time to time amongst like-minded autists, and the whole scene has given us our little Veeky Forums community of in-jokes, memes and friends. Wouldn't have it any other way.

In the interests of not derailing another thread though I'll not say any more on it. Back to the 40k-ing

I've read the first two Ciaphas Cain short stories today, and I'll begin reading the first novel tomorrow.
What am I in for, guys ?

just saying m8

LVO
They said within the year. That was a few weekends ago.
December stuff, the leaker who leaked Custodes back in November. So somewhat plausible rumours from them.

Tzangor Sons

yeah I built that thing in the pic, first time dealing with a FW product. I couldnt get the pose right, but at least it went together without any issues.

maybe you boring user
and hes just refuting your point. selling shit on ebay is like selling shit to a pawn shop. no one is going to pay full price for something used they can get new.
yeah i don't think it will be as late as December

I tried reading the first one after reading the hype around it for years and it just does not live up to it at all. It's a pretty standard 40K novel except you have to keep going to the end for notes like a jackass.

has one used the Terminus Ultra? How did it perform?

Ahh, orks in 5th. When they were the OP army everyone briefly hated.

I keep seeing people ask how to fix orks, but never see a criticism of their current state. As someone who's got 3k points of orks but has yet to play them in 8th, can we get some ideas together?

I'll start with what I know/have heard:
>Shooting modifiers mean shoota boys literally can't hit
>Deff dread is overcosted compared to beakie dread with very similar profile

>WE not gutsy Bois
RIP AND TEAR user

Then you'll probably be OK - Rubricae themselves are a decent mid tier option. They aren't on the cutting edge but they're fieldable

I couldn't think of one. Thank you, user.

Most of the recent resin models have sculpts have been of good quality. Ancient and massive models are iffier.
So the Custodes resin shouldn't be too rough.

>maybe you boring user
no he is right. Guard is boring as fuck

>playing a ww2 simulator faction

What does this even mean? It looks like you just madlibbed a post using 40kg buzz words.

Okay user
>Inability to shoot things
>Why the FUCK are Burnas d3 shots?
>No invulns in CC
>A custodes Jetbike with salvo launchers is 7 more points than a Deff Kopta
>All of our planes suck a fat cock
>Decade old models
>Gazgul is a fucking pushover against anything with teeth in melee

>no he is right. Guard is boring as fuck
no he inst you just arnt very creative
why don't you explain why they are boring.

>mfw reading this whole argument
What the fuck. Dark fantasy is meant to be dark. Sure, it's going to attract weird dudes, but that's the lesser evil compared to rabid normies who expect all fiction to conform to their insane ideological demands.
40k is a dark, horrible universe where terrible things happen to everyone. If you can't bear reading about terrible things, then 40k is not for you.

Got the Deathstorm box for plenty of goodies for my Blood Angels and started my Tyranid army. This starts me off with 1 Broodlord, 8 Genestealers, 3 Warriors and 1 Carnifex that I think I'm going to run as a Screamer Killer and I already ordered another 8 Genestealers so I can at least do a 500 point game. Where should I go from there? I'm planning on mostly melee with some ranged for balance.

You know, allowing orks to have a special rule that causes old school wound allocation a la 5E would be fun for me, I could bring my unstoppable Nob squad back. Beyond that, just making them more level with the other armies would be great, and I want ramshackle rules back from 5E too

Thanks user

What's wrong with the burnas one?

Why the fuck is a Burna d3 shots when literally every other infantry flamer in the game is d6? They're like 14ppm GW you cunts, and they have 6+ Armour, do you think they'll survive literally fucking anything?

>something something feminist 40k
Literally just play Slaanesh?

Are Terminators not good?

Give better saves to many of their elite units.
Cost their fast attack better.
Give them more/better tools in terms of stratagems/warlord traits/warband taktiks.
Make their shooting worthwhile, either by better costing, or by buffing it.

>Ork guns now work AoS style, where spare damage flows through the unit

You have issues, seek a psychologist.

This is why I don't associate myself with tabletop gamers. Too fucking autistic.

Lol sorry bro didn't mean to trigger you there, I haven't come across any flamers in 8th yet that's all

I want rules for this big boi.

>ww2 simulator army

boring

So my local games workshop store actually doesn't stock any resin models, they'll only bring in plastics. On one hand, that's fucking great, and they're excellent guys to go to for tips on how to build, paint, what to buy, what to avoid ect, but on the other, I've still no idea on the specifics of why resin is worse than plastic. Also I'm a little miffed that most of the models I'd love to try are resin only. So, what's the issue with resins and should I wait for plastics to come out for the stuff I want?

Why the fuck are you here, then ?

No user, you're 100% fine. I'm just so tired that Orks get the fat dick every goddamn edition, and how shit GW is at writing a game.

>not an argument
ok b8 take your (you)s

>WW2

Can we not reply to the obvious bait please?

I am the chad at your LGS who gets enjoyment at dropping dice on your expensive models and watching your reactions. I don't actually play this game seriously.

Resins bubble really bad in the molds so you get some really monstrous mold lines/holes in your models.
Also they're a lot cheaper to produce yet there's no change in cost.

-4 str

There is literally only 1 situation where resin is a better material. If you want super sharp details. Otherwise plastic is better to work with, not as brittle, and less prone to errors.

Soon

The only reason I could think is because you can take a whole units worth of them. That seems like it could be EXTREMELY nasty if you manage to get them close enough.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE FUCKING NORMIES GETOUTOFMYHOBBIEEEE

Harder to work with
Require more prep before doing anything to them
Can be more prone to casting imperfections
Harder to convert
Need washing before you can paint on them
Can warp in very high temperatures e.g. if left in a hot car swords can bend

Some of those could have been grouped together but I wanted to be more specific on some points

>If you manage to get close enough
Gee user! What a fucking swell idea! Please, tell me all the situations where we would, with our T4 6+ saves, and fucking rolling coffins.

Grot.
Snipers.

Also a Grot HQ and Grot subfaction.

in a game where you can have amazing future tech and embrace a plethora of novel races and disparate technologies it takes a very limited and un-creative personality to want to play normal humans using 1940s technology.

>chad
>lgs
virgin detected

shit i didnt know they had fucking laser guns in the 1940s my bad

why you define is boring is so broad that i can apply it to any race. just because you don't like something doesn't make it boring

Yes because nothing exciting OR cool came out of the Second World War.

NOTHING!

Im totally mounting these on my Russes!

user I don't understand why half of your posts are supporting the guard and half hating the guard.

The archive leaves a clear trail of both being helpful and shitposting. I don't understand - can you explain?

This is for you user - from my local GWs most recent armies on parade

God dammit

You did this 6 days ago user. Get better bait.

y tho

Orkus Mechanicus?

all i did was say I agreed with the other guy who thinks they're boring, then explained why that is my opinion.

not sure about your archive

>guardfag is the internet police keeping track of posting histories

somehow not surprised

It was a meme from a couple days ago when there was a big shitfit over more female models/heads and femmarines

Maybe look for an old nid SC? flyrant, additional warriors and some cheap annoying gargoyle chaff make it a good box

why is that a gif

All grots m8

I kinda wish Ethereal on a hover drone moved faster. it might be neat to have one skating along with a pack of vespids.

Waiter, this soup is really bland. Can you get the chef to add some spice?

>Space Marine vanguard detachment
>Captain w/ jump pack, storm shield, thunder hammer
>Primaris Chaplain
>5-man Tactical Squad w/ plasma gun; sgt. is bolter/chainsword/melta bombs
>Apothecary
>Company Ancient w/ boltgun
>Company Champion
>Dreadnought w/ storm bolter, ccw, multi-melta
>5-man Terminator Squad w/ cyclone missile launcher
>5-man Vanguard Veteran Squad w/ melta bombs; every single one has jump pack/storm shield/power lance

990 points. How does this look for my landsknecht marines?

>5-man Tactical Squad

I would just go for 5 man Intercessor, you lose the plasma but gain more attacks and -1AP boltguns, give your Sgt a power sword and its a nice troop choice, 5 man hellblasters are also great to support a small Intercessor squad.

I have two boxes of boys already and I’m going to pick up two battle of vedros’s (my buddy wants the space marines so we’re splitting it 50/50) and a start collecting. As well as a weird boy. How does this list look?

[b]++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Orks) [104 PL, 1182pts] ++[/b]

[b]+ No Force Org Slot +[/b]

[b]Gametype[/b]

[b]+ HQ +[/b]

[b]Warboss [4 PL, 66pts]:[/b] Big Choppa, Kustom Shoota

[b]Warboss [4 PL, 66pts]:[/b] Big Choppa, Kustom Shoota

[b]Weirdboy [4 PL, 62pts]:[/b] 3. Da Jump

[b]+ Troops +[/b]

[b]Boyz [9 PL, 72pts]:[/b] 12x Ork Boy W/ Slugga & Choppa

[b]Boyz [5 PL, 60pts]:[/b] 10x Ork Boy W/ Slugga & Choppa

[b]+ Elites +[/b]

[b]Nobz [11 PL, 85pts][/b]
. Boss Nob: Choppa, Slugga
. Nob: Choppa, Slugga

[b]Painboy [4 PL, 53pts]:[/b] Power Klaw

[b]+ Fast Attack +[/b]

[b]Deff Kopta [13 PL, 158pts][/b]
. DeffKopta: Kopta Rokkits

[b]Deff Kopta [5 PL, 79pts][/b]

[b]+ Heavy Support +[/b]

[b]Deff Dread [8 PL, 131pts][/b]
. [b]Deff Dread:[/b] Big Shoota, Big Shoota
. . Pair of Klaw Arms: 2x Dread Klaw

[b]++ Total: [104 PL, 1182pts] ++[/b]

I assumed the ethereal (and crisis etc) were statted such that you advance with them and it makes their movement passable. (And there are support systems on the xv8s that negate the disadvantage of advancing)

el goblino...

I'd combine some boyz into bigger mobs.

Also I like you have koptas and a dread. They're cool models and do more interesting stuff than just more boyz.....

>But more boyz would be a more efficient use of the points

Take the boys.
MASH THEM TOGETHER.
You can make 2 squads, one of 30 and one of 22.

Terrible.
Tacs suck
Chaplains suck
Champions suck
Dreads suck
Tactical Terminators suck (enjoy that -1 to hit on the cyclone)
Vanguards have two attacks base. You're paying 140 points for 5 wounds 3+ save with 10 attacks. They suck

Melee Marines are garbage unless you're BAngels with Death Company and Sanguinary Guard.

Awesome thanks for the input guys! I'll be getting more boys when the finances allow!

merge a big mob of 30 boys, the idea is to combo them with da jump on the first turn.

You need some more AP, perhaps equip the deff dread with rokkits or two more klaws instead.

I use a very similar list.

Is there a fluffy reason Eisenhorn would be hanging out with my Imperial Fists and Custodes army?

His trilogy were my first 40k novels so I wanna soup him in but I'm trying to avoid as much lore-rape as possible.

spacefaggot lore is dumb anyways, you can't make it dumber. Soup up.