GLOG - Goblin Laws of Gaming

Here we talk about GLOG, the simple, modular RPG with a DIY ethic.

GLOG Guts: goblinpunch.blogspot.com/2016/05/the-glog.html

Put your Gloggles on! Time to innovate and slay those sacred cows.

Other urls found in this thread:

coinsandscrolls.blogspot.com/2017/11/osr-class-paladin-of-word.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Looks like shit. Finish your game before trying to shill it here.

And if you want to make an "innovative" OSR game, stop fucking around with D20s and shit like abilities and ability score modifiers. Having a number whose only purpose is to generate another number is bloat. This is just a bunch of shitty house rules for Basic.

At least you didn't post a link to your drivethroughRPG

Easy now. I didn't write the GLOG, though it was clearly written by a supra-Gygaxian genius.

On a more constructive note, which class would you most like to see a GLOG version of? Does anyone have a GLOG class they would like to share?

Easy now. I didn't write the GLOG, though it was clearly written by a supra-Gygaxian genius.
Whatever you say, kid

>On a more constructive note, which class would you most like to see a GLOG version of?
The faggot. I've always wanted a way to represent you on the tabletop

>The faggot
I don't think anyone has written one yet. Would you like to be the first?

Or you could play this GLOG paladin: coinsandscrolls.blogspot.com/2017/11/osr-class-paladin-of-word.html

>Having a number whose only purpose is to generate another number is bloat.
Yeah, but it's not. You roll under your stats to do stuff. If anything, there's less bloat than usual. Ah, what the hell, this thread is probably false-flagger bait anyway.

Is this the DCC thread?

i'm literally shaking at this concept

>not linking either of Arnold's 'paladins'

Don't be. Rolemaster beat it to the punch by 36 years.

Okay, I'll bite, how is rolemaster anything like the GLoG?

I'm not sure if the main chunk of the GLoG is only meant be used as itself, but otherwise they're both cohesive piles of "staple on to real RPGs" subsystems.

Hey retard, Arnold doesn't hang out on Veeky Forums. We're here from the OSR thread.

Some sort of warlock. Like the ones Arnold said he was gonna do, but hasn't posted yet.

>bumping the ironic shiposting thread

user is worse than Skerples. Shameful!

>Time to innovate and slay those sacred cows.

how about no

>slay those sacred cows.
>Treasure type: Nil
Why even bother?

Fuck off

>GLOG gets shit on immediately after it leaves the OSR echochamber

nobody likes it in the echo chamber either

C'mon let's get those innovative juices flowing guys. Perhaps someone would like to stat this monster. Is it ever creepy!

>innovative
You keep using that word.

Centipede Joe
Wants to hide in damp alcoves. Violent when cornered.
4 5 16' claws 1d4/1d4, bite 1 5 2 5 1
 Poison: On bite, save or die.

>rectangle 4 rectangle 5 rectangle 16’
Okie doke

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Arnold's icons, not mine.
They're in his normal order.

GLOG gets shit in the OSR thread all the time because there are a few vocal 3.PF/5e autists shilling it pretty regularly. It's modernshit and doesn't belong in the OSR thread anyway.

HD, Defense, Movement, Attack, Save, Intelligence, Reaction, Morale
Special Ability

Viral marketing isn't allowed on this site. Buy a self serve ad or fuck off

Nah. There's a few people in /osrg/ who really like this system despite it not belonging in the thread. This thread was made by a disgruntled /osrg/ regular as a joke.

>roll under systems

Running an adventure where all the good loot is conentrated in a few pockets while the party has managed to avoid all those pockets, meet every monster, and trigger every trap. What do?

Have a monster carry a map.

Fuck wrong thread.

New GLoG referee here. How many sessions should I permit before I stage a universe-ending apocalyptic event?

LotFP goes in

>slay those sacred cows.

Keith Baker is that you?...

Arnold Kemp, so no.

>and slay those sacred cows.
Stat them first.

Why are you trying to sic Veeky Forums on an innocent blog? What did Arnold Kemp ever do to you?

It's ironic shitposting from the /osrg/. One frequent poster there likes some of the GLOG and some other folks are butthurt about his posting and liking things they don't like, and lately trolls have begun stirring the shit, and so forth.

I mean the game looks pretty bad, but I just don't see what sets it apart from the dozens of other "retroclones" people shit out onto dtrpg as a watermarked PDF for 19.99

>people shit out onto dtrpg as a watermarked PDF for 19.99
I hate skerples so much, that faggots blatant promoting in that general has ruined it for me. His material is complete shit.

>"retroclones"
That's the rub. It's not a retroclone. Arnold doesn't call it OSR.
There's just this one guy in the thread who insists it is.

His material is O.K., it's his one-wayism that gets to me.

> Simple. Consolidate ruthlessly. Turn two rolls into one, turn one roll into none. Turn tables into formulas, turn formulas into static numbers.
Words for a designer to live by.

Since you're trying so hard to get a rise out of us, I'll give you a piece of genuine advice about your blog

Post more dungeons, those are great. Post less about the not!catholic church, those are shit. The point of OSR is to delve dungeons and have adventures, not to have autistic sunday school arguments.

The amount he bothers you is cute as hell.

GLOG regularly gets shit on in the echochamber

Is it really an echochamber? Newfags blow in all the time doubt they stay tho