MTG Modern General: Less than 8 hours

>What are you playing?

>What are you hating? (besides tron)

>Will the announcement change what you play?

>What do you want to see in Dominaria?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/15031459
youtu.be/Gs069dndIYk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>What are you playing?
Tron. Slamming fatties is the purest form of joy in Magic
Nothing. The meta's great right now. So many decks are viable right now, it's awesome!
If stirrings gets the banhammer I guess I scrap my Bantdrazi for caverns and Nobles and build humans. Though I'd like to get into Madcap Moon, saw the deck being played last weekend and it looks like a ton of fun. Unfortunately I don't have the spare cash to drop on putting together a deck I have 0 cards for.
A new Karn.

>What are you playing?

Mix it up every week with probably Traverse Shadow null W this week and Gx Tron last week.

Not having SFM unbanned.

Gurl u know imma be on dat UW Stoneblade or UR Twin.

I want to see MtG good again, with great stories involving awesome characters and not just Jacestice League doing lame shit.

Replace Stirrings in Gx Tron with Commune With Dinosaurs for the meme.

>I want to see MtG good again, with great stories involving awesome characters and not just Jacestice League doing lame shit.

Give up, Weatherlight saga ended 17 years ago and nothing has come close since.

Either I misplaced my Stoneforges years ago or sold them years ago, same with Thalia. Still kicking myself for doing so.
At least I have a JTMS still.

I'd like to see Pod unbanned but that's a pipe dream, BBE for RUG value is good enough for me, SFM and JTMS seem safe since the meta seems pretty fast so far.
If they ban Ensnaring Bridge they're retarded. Ancient Stirrings should be hit instead.

>>What do you want to see in Dominaria?
Veteran Explorer and Cabal Therapy.

Pls

Craig wescoe admits DnT is shit. I bet he moves on to humans.

DnT is fine, but it's not a traditional white weenies deck. He tries to play it like one however

DnT has never taken a major tournament in modern's history AFAIK and it hasn't topped anything in a while and has a down tick in 5-0's in the leagues. It's far from fine. I don't think even sfm can help it at this point. The format is just too aggressive. Tasigur, Angler,gofy,drazi,shadow, buffed humans run all over your 2/2's.

you're not going deep enough, hermano. you need to play acutal-white-weenies to win right now.
4x pridemage to combat the BAGELS menace could be relevant in this but i haven't tried yet.

at this point you should drop the vial to play thalia's lieutenant, the hussar tech remind me of U wizard martyr, the deck was so NEAT

i want to add a lil blue splash to my D&T to try x4 spell queller main and some meddling mage in side, any thought ?

meddling mage main. spellqueller is a meme and dies to everything because you can't protect it with mom or counterspells. reflector mage is better in most situations, but it's less good without eldrazi displacer and you could just be drawing cards with Huss or something.

I want to play something close to this but updated a bit. Thoughts?

So is the announcement in 5.5 hours time?

>spellqueller is a meme

i don't think so, i'm mainly a legacy player so that's why this card sound so broken to me, like.. with cavern you literally have an uncounterable counter who can counter uncounterable spells.. :3

with mana dork, thalia V2 is a MUST my dude, landed turn 2 it's just a broken tempo tool.
Also thalia v1 + v2 on board and you have the perfect wall, 5 dmg first strike= you can even deal with smasher without any loss for example, as deathtouch, first strike is often underestimated but very powerful

also you should replace the verdants for windswepts (or play both with less basics), 3 gaddock are too many, ghost quarter/field of ruins should take the tetonic slots, and i could see a tireless or two fitting in this list for the long or grindy games

Raven man.

also you should replace the verdants for windswepts (or play both with less basics), 3 gaddock are too many, ghost quarter/field of ruins should take the tetonic slots, and i could see a tireless or two fitting in this list for the long or grindy games.

i'm a fan of the mana tithe meme btw, you will rustle some jimmies with this spell, believe me

I unironically think mana tithe is underplayed. It's one of my favorite cards.

if
>i'm mainly a legacy player
then
>you can't protect it with mom
doesn't apply, because you can fucking play mom.

i'm working on it as a matter of fact. i'll have something ready tomorrow.

you are totally right, modern is so grindy it's very rare for the opponents to not be full tap the first 4 turns, an countering a karn T3 when the tron player think the game is over is just priceless.
btw with pauper getting popular you should pick your playset before the card become a 2$ common, the mana bases are really shitty and it's the only white hardcounter

>doesn't apply, because you can fucking play mom.

stop with the mom meme pls, why would i need a mom in a format where 70% of the decks don't even bother to play creature gestion?

fuck off shitforged retard

what afraid she will get unbanned in 5 hours/

Afraid that if she does you won't kill yourself and stop shitting up every modern thread

I have a playset of textless,pack and pack foils. My lgs never plays on curve.

btw i've nothing to do right now, if you want i can brew you a mav/d&t-splashed in few minutes. let me know !

>I have a playset of textless,pack and pack foils

as i see you are a man of taste, just like me.jpg

Thanks man, I'd appreciate it. I own most if not all green and white modern staples.

you r welcome buddy, i come back in 10mn, just a thing before we start, would you prefer a stompy list or a more controlish/denial one ?

Going to be great fun when in a few hours there are no changes.

People tearing up jaces and crying, people throwing stoneforge mystics out the window and then following them in absolute despair.

Controlish, have to have that interaction nowadays. But I wouldn't mind taking a look at a stompy one also if you have the time.

I have a feeling they're going to change something. It was stated that this one would be "modern focused".

That feeling is called wishful thinking

"modern focused"
Yes! They will take one look at the list and current winning decks. Go... "naaaaaaah" and write: No changes.

But white needs help...

Time for Second Sunrise's second sunrise.

Stoneforge doesn't seem too bad now.

Yeah but Stoneforge is a nuclear weapon of a card.

I suppose spell snare is a thing though.

Shitforged trashcan sucks ass

Push,bolt,path,k command,abrade,abrupt decay,wear///tear and stony silence. I totally agree.

Great you got rid of the mystic. Too bad you still have the issue of the tutored equipment.
Even worse if they have other equipment/swords in hand.

Snap is a nuke,young peezy is a nuke,goyf is a nuke,bob is a nuke.

Stony Silence is the only good one you listed there and even then can destroy it easily.

Bob generally just nukes me. That card hates me.
Finds all dem 2 and 3 CMC cards.

>B skull is a turn 5 play.
>swords eat decays.

>Too bad you still have the issue of the tutored equipment
Know what a great way of dealing with it is? Just fucking killing your opponent.

>HURRRR I HAVE THOPTER ASSEMBLY AND SOTM IN PLAY I WIN JUST CONCEDE PLEASE NO STOP PLEASE DON'T CAST THOSE BOLTS AND KILL ME

The point being is all of those 2 drops can run away with games.

If the swords were so great they would see massive play in creature heavy decks with or without sfm. They are good, but unbanning sfm wouldnt suddenly turn them into an unstoppable force.

That is the idea. Never happens.

Also, pridemage, R sage and maelstrom pulse.

You are so fucking assblasted. I look forward to you never, ever, ever getting your way.

Pridemage is 10/10

ahhh, imagine the autistic screaming as he looses the 2nd game in a row to a turn 2 stoneforge...

// 60 Maindeck
// 31 Creature
4 Noble Hierarch
2 Tireless Tracker
3 Thalia, Heretic Cathar
3 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
3 Aven Mindcensor
2 Ramunap Excavator
2 Birds of Paradise
3 Knight of the Reliquary
2 Qasali Pridemage
1 Scavenging Ooze
3 Renegade Rallier
2 Weathered Wayfarer
1 Scryb Ranger

// 7 Instant
4 Mana Tithe
3 Path to Exile

// 22 Land
4 Windswept Heath
2 Plains
2 Forest
4 Ghost Quarter
3 Temple Garden
2 Horizon Canopy
2 Verdant Catacombs
1 Marsh Flats
1 Field of Ruin
1 Cavern of Souls

this one is oriented full mana denial for the lulz, sorry i'm not super inspired today

>What are you playing?
Ad Nauseam, B/W Tokens and Mono U tron
Infect
If they unban Twin I will hop onto that deck like a school girl
Blood Moon reprint

>What are you playing?
B/W Tokens, Affinity, Merfolk. Might turn my Tokens into Mardu Pyro.

Probably nothing other than Tron.

Probably not, unless it's an SFM/JTMS unban.

Card stock that isn't complete dogshit.

>What are you playing?
Lantern
You can hate things that aren't tron?
I'd shove SFM into 4c Saheeli and martyr proc
Cards actually playable in modern

> plays kolaghans command
Laughs in mardu

Yes, do it faggots. Keep it on uncommon tho.

only ok if they unban DRS

Hmmm....

This is when they unban nothing and ban the urza lands.

I'd like to get into casual modern with a budget eldratron deck. Any recommendations ?

What time do they announce the list?

I'm pretty sure I can continue to do well with affinity if they ban my opals. But how does it change? I guess I'd have to add a few lands, probably cut memnites as their main purpose was always to power out moxes. Lodestone myr? Full playsets of Galv Blast + Thoughcast? frogmites? atogs?

Affinity in its current form dies if they ban Mox Opal. It's just too important for the deck.

>What are you playing?
Affinity, Lantern. Thinking about building U/W something. Spirits or Control. May put Tron back together.
>What are you hating?
Nothing at the moment. I even like Tron.
If Mysty is unbanned I’ll definitely move into W or U/W something.
Timeshifted cards. Time Spiral level complexity. Great reprints. Bolt and Goyf in Standard.

>wake up
>still no ban/unban announcement
COME ON YOU WIZARDS FUCKERS! It's too stressfull.

i feel you bro i still didn't slept to be first and still nothing happened and i've no more coffee nor cocaine

>building U/W something. Spirits

if you go for the spirit road try tallowisp with a nice lil toolbox, you wont regret it

>>What do you want to see in Dominaria?
Ensnaring Bridge reprint at rare, all the butthurt from Ixalan Timmies would be glorious. I would play the hell out of that Standard.

Wotc is based on the west coast. We've got a while yet.

This is very interesting, didn't even know it existed.

Does this meme work?

It's generally pretty useless, since any tribal deck you build is already going to be full of the relevant tribe, but when you start talking about making that Emrakul in your hand a goblin that you can play for free...

Exactly. Imagine if they print a tutor in Dominaria and you can play Ghalta turn 3, or some other creature they print in Dominaria.
Think I'm gonna grab a playset. A foil is like .9.

Why isn't Ron Spears doing any more MTG art?

it's not the synergy of the century, but it worked pretty well for me, it's like a mini-zur, not legend limited, not attack-dependent, with a decent body to block and not limited in ccm fetched.. it's pretty comfy for the late game if you ask me since it make your low ccms spirit topdecked from "meh" to "yeah"

Last chance to vote!
My sources tell me that WOTC is monitoring this closely and their decision will come down to the wire*. strawpoll.me/15031459

Blatant lies.

he got pissed cuz he was only allowed to make shitty common artworks during lorwin

Is this for real? I can't fucking believe how stupid WotC is.

no man it was a terrible joke, idk what happened to Ron, hope he is doing well tho

At second thought he's too good for Magic anyway.

When does B&R get announced?

It's usually around 8 am PDT

anytime soon, could be in 5mn

Woke up early just for this.

Stoneforge mystic is my waifu. Spent all day looking at fanart of her in hopes of an unbanning

Soon.

Sadly I only own two of this version and two worldwake :(

I hate not matching all 4.

post cute Misty

cute!

When I like both arts, I tend to mix and match in my decks, weird I know. My favorite theme I've done is collecting goblin guides from different languages in my burn deck. Have a french, japanese, russian and english zendikar one.

I would think years of being on the banlist would drive her mad, like Nahiri in the Helvault.

Original flavor misty is the best

I wish there was more Nahiri/Sorin art

youtu.be/Gs069dndIYk

Party time!

I love that art too, Im just a biased johannes voss fag. Either way, I hope your SFM's spike in value after this morning!

She is never getting unbanned.