BTC GONNA RISE

Btc dominance is at approximately 37% right now with a total crypto marketcap of close to 7 billion. As btc dominance drops, more money will be in alts, primarily the top 10 on coinmarketcap. Other alts will make their way into the top 10, but throughout 2018 it will be important to have a position in some of the current top 10 if you want to see steady gains. TLDR...as btc drops, find the alts the $ is going into. But btc still has room to grow with institutional money on the sidelines and ETFs on the horizon. Btc has lots of room to grow. I'd say at least up to 30k-40k.

Other urls found in this thread:

sanfordandson.wikia.com/wiki/"Ripple"_wine
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm curious as to everyone's thoughts seeing that the alt market is ballin' right now.

Serious comments concerning btc or alts only, please. Everyone else go back to /b/ or /pol/. Cue memes in 3, 2, 1...

In other news, xlm is about as safe a 2x bet you can make right now. If I wasn't completely leveraged at this point, I'd dump everything I had left into xlm. Easy $.

Sidebar question; who on this board actually has savings/retirement set back beside crypto? Normies I work with said the other day "You don't have all your money in bitcoin, do you?" Of course I fucking don't, but most people still think crypto is a dumb investment. Blows my mind.

It's going down the 30 percent bro. I'm scared.

>a total crypto marketcap of close to 7 billion
stopped reading here.

yea but the real question is when will btc rise? When it does for real, alts will tank hard, like today, but they wont come up as quickely if its a real btc run. I'm thinking of selling my btc desu, I see this going down to 13/14k before we go up again

700...my fault

Jan. and Feb. will be big for btc. Hedge fund money is about to start pouring in since it's a new fiscal year. Shit, it's over 15k right now. It's poised to make another run. And when it does, yes, altcoins will drop, but over the course of the year you can expect the entire marketplace to 4x or 5x, and not all that money will be in btc.

After one month of $BCO staking I received 3.5% of my initial investment in @CryptoBridge fees dividends. Volume is continuously increasing, looking forward to January payments.

What charts are you looking at? It's up everywhere I look. Not all time high up, but up for the last week or so. 15k plus.

No, no, no. This is serious talk. No shilling.

so what, it's basically been fluctuating between 12-15k for a while now. i wont feel better until were at 17k

Idk, I got in sub 8k, so I'm in it for the long haul. I feel like it'll be at at least 30k, so I'm just holding. But lots of folks are out moving $ around in alts and making more in gains right now, so more power to you if that's what you choose. I just don't trust myself to make the right decisions short term.

Bitcoin will be 25,000 by Jan 20th.

can this obsolete shit just die already

Nope. BTC is useless and enough people have finally realized it. Smart money moved on awhile back and isn't coming back. Its reign is honest to god, actually over. Even if after all these years we were to finally get the lightning network and it somehow actually solved 1MB block scalability (lol), it doesn't even matter anymore. Things have completely changed in 2017.

don't tell me you have everything in BTC, it's 2018 wtf

My dude, I agree completely. However, wallstreet and the mainstream normie have no fucking clue what you just said. Which is why it will still hit at least 30k this year.

No way man. I'm got heavy in xlm at .07 and I got into a shitcoin early on that I'm holding and it's been doing pretty well (etn). I'm more of a macroanalysis guy when it comes to making money with crypto.

when this board stops pegging prices to sat then it's over. We're months out yet

Gwei prices maybe?

How are people still buying a coin that only does 7 transactions per second?

bitcoin will always be the gold standard for crypto, you fucking morons. It will always be #1 in market cap.

Good for you guys holding eth, but it's not my thing. I just use usd cuz most folks on here relate to that more than sats.

Im sure you also thought netscape was the search engine to rule them all

LMAO

Enjoy your shitcoin bags

I agree, it's obsolete. But it's also the only fucking coin normies know about. That means there's $ on the sidelines waiting to come in. And anyone wanting to get into alts has to go through btc, ltc, bch or eth first. Therefore, them shits will continue to stay up (until xlm and fairx make them obsolete :)

lol I barely hold any BTC, my guy. Just telling it like it is.

Ever heard of "first to market"?

normies don't ask "do you have any crypto?"
they ask "do you have bitcoin?"

"first to market"

word. somebody else here has some common sense.

Yeah buddy. Sometimes I think people on here don't fucking work. They just stay at home and lurk online. People in the real world realize that btc is all any grandma wanting to stick a grand into crypto knows. Hell, mainstream media only know what's on coinbase.

i think bitcoin is old tech & won't make enough changes to stay relevant
it's going to slowly rise up maybe to 50k thanks to increasing media attention & institutional funds before bowing down to ETH and NEO

I have a question for you. Would a billionaire or a trillionaire buy your bags?

Oh, your technological wonder of a cryptocurrency can run 7,000 transactions through a single node with 0 fees? I'm really happy for you, I'mma let you finish but... Why would the billionaires and trillionaires who run the global economy buy your free market coin, which may or may not meet all of their complex global commercial business needs, when they can simply hire dozens or hundreds of the finest programmers and cryptographers in the world to forge a coin that meets all of their exacting specifications and needs? That's right. They already did it. The company they made is called Ripple Labs, and the cryptocurrency is called XRP.

>The top 1% controls a collective $295 Trillion in global wealth.
>The top 10% controls a collective $500 Trillion in global wealth.

And guess what? They don't want your memecoin. They don't care about how great or secure or fast it is, or how it's great for the poor or middle class. They want the one coin that they forged in Ripple Labs. One coin to rule them all.

Time to make some important long-term decisions. Do you want to die on your hill of memecoins? Or do you want to become a millionaire. You can play with your memecoins after the global financial reset. After the global debt jubilee. After the one coin to rule them all has been run up to a market cap of $50 Trillion, perhaps much more. Wake up. Load up your bags with XRP and become a millionaire.

yeah because betting on first mover advantage is always a winning strat
see: amazon

ripple is centralised.. sort of beats the point to it all

I used to own some ripple. Then I realized it's the cheap fucking wine that George used to drink.

sanfordandson.wikia.com/wiki/"Ripple"_wine

I have 2% of my net wealth in crypto. I spend 100x more time reading about it than my other investments.
Government retirement schemes and "my house" make for crap memes.

>ETN
Mine negga.
Been holding this for a while too. Done pretty well out of it so far, with plenty of room to grow. Hardly ever gets shilled here because cryptopia is triggering.

This faggot actually makes a convincing argument. Fuck.

The banks and governments are going to use XRP as their vehicle for a global financial reset. They are going to run XRP up to a $50 Trillion market cap and there's nothing you or anyone can do about it. Put aside your ideological, emotional issues for a few minutes and think about the situation rationally and think long-term.

What are you going to tell your wife and children, or future wife and children when XRP is $500-1,000 and you didn't get crypto-rich? "You see honey, I knew that the banks were going to make XRP the new global reserve currency, but I am a man of principle."

You already use a centralized currency every day when you exchange goods and services. Pick your battles. After the dust settles from the global debt jubilee you can go back to playing with your decentralized meme tokens. Load up your bags with XRP and become a millionaire.

FairX will be the real BTC killer.

SHOO SHOOO

My man. Nobody's trying to stay up on Veeky Forums talking about their 401k and teacher retirement.

You don't? Why not!? It's the new wave. Im 99% crypto with $55k networth and feel comfy.

How can you not see XRP for what it is? It's the new world reserve currency disguised as a free-market cinderella story.

Dude, right? This stuff is poised to go up after 140k plus people bought into the ico. 2018 will be big.

Bullshit. It's not a thing of principle. You just go with the thing that makes you the most money.

BTC can offer things that XRP cannot, period. As such it holds value, and will keep holding value. Hopefully bankers will decide not to use BTC and miss out on the biggest wealth redistribution ever to come.

I'm in education, so the state automatically deducts from my monthly check to teacher retirement. I already tried to get it from them because I told them I could make more with it than they are, and they basically told me to fuck off, it's the law. So I'm stuck using anything left over for crypto.

>BTC can offer things that XRP cannot, period. As such it holds value, and will keep holding value.
BTC offers 7 transactions per second.

>Hopefully bankers will decide not to use BTC and miss out on the biggest wealth redistribution ever to come.
Being this delusional.

Peter Thiel literally just came out (no pun intended) as holding hundreds of millions worth of bitcoin with his smart money big money friends

>7 transactions per second
That the only thing you pajeets know how to say? So when that problem is solved will you shut the fuck up already?

I held only BTC for a long time but I think its time to cut my BTC in half and spread to safe coins in the top 50. ETH/XMR/LTC/OMG are my other picks to hold.

Sooo Thiel already endorsed bitcoin, news today

BTC bull run has begun

I have 95% of my net worth in crypto (almost a million dollars) but I’m 23 so if I lose it all I know I’ll make it back, but I can’t miss this opportunity to 10x and have 10 million USD, these opportunities are once in a lifetime. I can’t imagine who wouldn’t only put 2% of their net worth in.

He put a few tens of $millions into it a while ago and made good money on it. That's nothing compared to the tens of $Trillions that are waiting on the sidelines and WILL MOVE into the cryptocurrency that is chosen by the banks and governments.

>I can’t imagine who wouldn’t only put 2% of their net worth in
Someone with a wife and kids and stable and happy existence.
If I was single and a decade younger I'd be all in.

7 transactions per second is reality. That has real-world consequences for people's ability to use it as medium of exchange for real goods and services.

After that problem is solve, people will then take issue with the massive waste of electricity by all Proof of Work cryptos. The free market tends to eliminate waste, and Proof of Work is incredibly wasteful.

Word

That is the least important issue. Fees and speed aren't whats stopping mass adoption, and mass adoption is what is needed to make the entire market cap go 100x.

23 200klet here. How did you get to a million?

Fees and speed are stopping mass adoption amongst the thousandaires.

What's stopping mass adoption from the billionaires and trillionaires, is that they would only ever buy a coin that they made themselves. That coin is called XRP. Load up your bags and become a millionaire.

By buying ETH in 2015. Sometimes I feel like I’m the only real person left on Veeky Forums from over a year ago. That it everyone else who made a million have become perma-lurkers.

t. the jew

>He thinks crypto needs the billionaire class to survive

Name one successful slave or peasant rebellion in history that did not rely on assistance from a foreign government. I'm pretty knowledgeable about history and I do not know of a case. But I'll wait and listen if you know of one.

Other cryptos are targeting the thousandaires. Thousandaires control only a small percentage of the world's goods and services. Therefore, any currency used exclusively by the thousandaires gives access to a small percentage of the world's goods and services.

Look at it this way. A few car dealerships have already announced that they will sell cars for BTC. Compare that to Ford, or GM, or VW announcing that they will sell ANY AND ALL of their cars for XRP. A local coffee shop accepting BTC, compared to Starbucks accepting XRP. A corner grocery store accepting BTC compared to Costco, Walmart, Target, Safeway, Whole Foods, etc accepting XRP. Do you see that the scale of customers, goods and services is totally different?

Ripple is creating a currency for the billionaires and trillionaires. The thousandaires will eventually use whatever currency the billionaires and trillionaires use, just like how we all use worthless federal reserve notes, and even measure our crypto gains in FRNs.

Load up your bags with XRP and become a millionaire. After the dust settles from the global financial reset you can go back to playing with your other cryptos.

Wow the ripple shills have become really high-energy over the last couple of days.
I'm almost tempted.

In a few months almost everybody on this board will be a ripple shill.

So many stupid fucking niggers in this thread.

"Bitcoin shit coin in 2018. Bitcoin needs to go down"

Holy fuck you faggots give me aids. If bitcoin (the most recognized fucking name in crypto) crashes, all the altcoins fall with it and everyone loses money. If you fucking retards understood anything, you would need bitcoin to keep pumping so normie faggots can have more faith in crypto and increase the value of it all.

Tldr don't be a faggot. If bitcoin crashes, everything crashes.