Shin Godzilla in your setting

Shin Godzilla walks out of the ocean in your setting in his second form.

Does your world have a chance? Can your PCs stop him? Or is this the end for everything?

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/64987176
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Not saying it will be easy, but our odds are better than most.

Ad-Eva, I'm guessing?

Try not to leave a recoverable body. Both these franchises are into that.

Considering Shin can regenerate, you either have to totally annihilate him, or immobilize him like they did in the movie. Either way, not sure recoverable bodies would be a factor.

this animation looks so shit.

There are other creatures like him, they would probably fight it for dominance and they'd have a pretty good chance at destroying him
Also why do these kinds of threads ALWAYS use shin godzilla, he's not the only godzilla you newfags

He’s the most monsterous of all the Godzilla. Legit horror fuel.

He's also less likely to directly attack you compared to other Godzillas who got butthurt at the slightest thing

Godzilla Earth appears in your setting.

How fucked are you?

>animeshit godzilla
I personally kick him out

What the fuck did they do to my bro

If we met him during his first stage, we might be able to defeat him. Otherwise, we're screwed.

In no particular order he's:

: 1000 feet tall.

: become the basis for the earth's entire biosphere

: Also a plant with metal in it now

Why did they have to shit up my bro Godzilla
WHY THE FUCK IS HE A PLANT

>Destruction-path spells.
>Void Subpath
Yeah, we're fine.
Also, Anno is an overrated hack.

>Anno is an overrated hack.
This, the only reason Shin worked is because Toho put him on a leash, if you see the concept art you can see that he still tried to go full pretentious hack by trying to turn Godzilla into a woman for no reason other than "9deep10u" bullshit

Did you not SEE Shin's tail? or the talk of him growing wings? OR THE PINK FLOYD LIGHT SHOW SPEWING FROM HIS BACK?! The leash did fuck-all to prevent his pretentious "godzilla should be the first angel" bullshit.

Did you mean to reply to ?

nah

No not really

Sounds like a beginning to me.

For my Heroquest group
Fuck this noise, that guy is clearly in the demigod level of "shit-to-deal-with", Maybe try to convince those lunars to drop the Crimson Bat along with the Razoress on him.

Maybe they will kill each other.

How the hell did they immobilize him, drop a mountain on him ?

>Does your world have a chance?
Shockingly well, actually. Almost every nation's navy has weapons that are reliable against large sea monsters.

Likewise, if he reaches closer to land, most major nations have anti-behemoth forces that are used to deal with when giant monsters decide to threaten civilized society.

Really the biggest problem Shin Godzilla poses is that this is not a monster they've encountered before.

Anno gotta do what he does best, alien abomination and mass destruction scenes.

Can somebody give me a quick rundown on this ugly MoFo ?

It was the dumbest part of the movie.

They pump him full of blood coagulant. And he lets it happen. The creature they spent 2 hours browbeating you with how adaptive and amazing he is, and he sits there and lets them pump this stuff down his throat. To be fair, he struggles once, but then just like, gives up. It's stupid. No animal would just let you ram tubes down its throat against its will and forcefeed it like that, let alone one that's supposed to be evolution embodied. The rest of the movie is pretty okay; it varies from great to passable. It's overall totally worth watching though and I'm glad I saw it in the theater.

I saw the crimson bat statted in one of the books, it had 30 or 60 armor points... how do you even begin to fight something like that?

Godzilla (1954) is one of my favorite movies ever, and possibly my favorite movie of all time. I love the whole franchise but obviously most of it isn't aiming to be the kind of masterpiece '54 was.

I still haven't seen Shin. How is it-- and I know this sounds pretentious, but I don't know how else to say it-- as a piece of art?

Is it aiming to be that kind of movie, and if so, does it succeed?

As a movie, it's good. Decent. I paid to see it on the big screen and didn't regret it. As art? Nope. Total miss. The messages it gives are either too ham-handed or diet strength for the most part, though the overall critical commentary about the Japanese bureaucracy was pretty good. I liked that. The rest? Just pay attention to how freaky Big G is and sit back and enjoy. You won't be getting any "movies as art" goodfeels from it. Except for the bits of camera work that really make him seem huge. That was good shit. Gojira is still the best one; if you haven't seen the actual original without Raymond Burr then treat yourself. It's amazing.

It's more of a narrative tool than something to pit players against.
And it's the lunar empires replacement for tactical nuclear strikes.
As GM i try to work it so that my players clench their assholes in unison if i even mention the possibility that the Crimson bat could be closeby.

Sorry i missed the point to question.
You don't

>Gojira is still the best one; if you haven't seen the actual original without Raymond Burr then treat yourself. It's amazing.
If I hadn't seen the actual original without Raymond Burr it wouldn't even be my favorite Godzilla movie. The plot with Serizawa is, in my mind, one of the greatest love stories ever told.

i cry everytiem

Skull Island and King Kong is the true path to adventure nirvana

It's actually biollante in disguise, the real godzilla comes out at the end and burns all the plants so people can settle a wasteland with no eternal weed

Someone casts Planeshift on it. He's someone else's problem now.

Damn, you were rigth, wonder how it looks like inside annons mind.

>Does your world have a chance? Can your PCs stop him?

We're playing D&D 5e so of course they don't stand a chance. But if we were still playing 3.5 they'd be curbstomping him easily.

Extra fucked.

Godzilla has incorporated himself into the ecosystem.

Probably this, but GZ was still freaky.

This, but still worth it.

Godzilla + nightmare mutant fuel = Shin Godzilla.

Its a solid adaptation with respectable shoots and destruction, along with a good critique of bureaucracy. However, Gman winds up being defeated by an even greater power, Big Pharma. Jokes aside, its totally worth watching at least once. $5 for an HD rental on the biggest tv you can watch it on is perfect.

What happens when they send him back

>tfw Atomic Highway

How do we know the apocalypse isnt BECAUSE of Big G?

Godzilla (doesn't have to be Shin) vs. Cthulhu

Who wins?

Keep in mind there's a comic where Godzilla falls into hell and his first act is to nuclear breath the "abandon all hope" sign and be on his way. Then he faces embodiments of each of the seven deadly sins and murders the living hell out of them too.

Well i would thing that godzilla could bet godzilla cthulhu, but not cthulhu cthulhu, if you understand me.

Then we send him to the positive energy plane, either he goes *poof* or it will be known as the "godzilla plane".

If Godzilla exists in a setting, he can destroy anything given enough time. Godzilla is a god mixed with the atom bomb. He is a pop-culture manifestation of Shiva. He is the REASON that in strange aeons, even death may die.

Actual Cthulhu or Meme Cthulhu?

Actual Cthulhu's durability is shit compared to Godzilla, and he doesn't display many powers beyond size + regen + being the terrible proof of how humans aren't the center of the universe (which Godzilla doesn't care about). If he can be temporarily splattered by a steamboat, there's no way he can survive nuke breath.

I don't.

The PCs don't stand a chance in hell. The setting would survive, after he destroys a portion of it some higher power or another would intervene. Might be cool to see what happens once the dust settles, kingdoms are knocked down and various people run in to pick away at the scraps

>tfw future D&D books list "elemental plane of Negative Energy" vs "Elemental plane of Godzilla", or "Monster Island".

Im okay with this

I thought Shin Godzilla was only alright.

I'm not up to date on my Godzilla lore. Would something like a decent sized railgun do anything?

Exploding his head wins you the movie, until the sequel where he regenerates from a previously unknown backup brain or is restored by time travel.

Man. I love Godzilla but Shin just looks so fucked up in comparison to the Legendary films version. That shit looks like it could suplex a mountain.

Legendary Godzilla is emphasizing Godzilla as a fighter of monsters who destroys stuff mostly as a side-effect of the fights he gets into, without any active malevolence towards humanity, which are just fundamentally beneath him since he's a force of nature itself.

Shin Godzilla is emphasizing Godzilla as a destructive force created by man and a dangerous byproduct of the nuclear age. He's covered in tumors, open wounds, and malformities as an analogue to radiation sickness.

Legendary Godzilla is at least a natural, if titanic, creature with a purpose in the biosphere, albeit on a larger scale than humans were previously aware of. Shin Godzilla is in constant agony and pain, who's every moment is suffering.

They're sort of two sides of the same coin...Legendary Godzilla draws on all the "Godzilla verses" movies more than anything, while Shin Godzilla draws on the original movie.

Tl Dr: one is evil incarnate the other is just a dinosaur

>High level naval campaign in Traveller
what is our cruiser doing in an atmosphere? anyway, i guess he eats a couple of missile salvos, that'll sort him out

>no Eternal weed

Godzilla you monster!

>Just a Dinosaur

Legendary Godzilla was a good guy, he killed literally no humans at all and actively saved some from the overzealous Navy.

Yeah but he's fat

He's bearmode.

Shin is a twink fuccboi.

>twink
Nigga what, he thicc

If that thing is a twink, then gollum is a twink.

He got thicc hips only.

He's a fuccboi.

Can I please get some more of this concept art for Shin Godzilla? I was very curious about the concepts and I'd like to at least get a source.

He skipped arm day. He skipped arm day for fucking centuries judging by that pic.

No bully thalidomide Jira.

While I respect the concept of that the way the trains jump up at him like fucking snakes is so funny bad.

They're brand new. The first 20 minutes is Godzilla plowing facefirst through buildings trying to push himself upright.

Fuck off Gamera no one likes you

The cgi is ultra on point for the entire movie but it fucking tanks in this scene

Anyone here read Godzilla in Hell?

I might storytime it tonight if this thread is still up.

The concept is so fucking stupid that i wish they would just go full retard with it instead of having Godzilla just snipe niggurath with his laser

All godzilla is anime shit.

>in his second form.
Wait, Godzilla has phases like a JRPG boss fight now?

It's literally not

Yeah. Baby zilla who is just learning to walk and doesn't have arms yet, twice as big godzilla who can walk and evolved proper skin and arms, then 4 times that size shin godzilla destroyer of worlds.

The only thing that could stop him is the literal alpha god of the setting

And he has an unreached fifth form which is him spawning an army of humanoid godzillas.

Please do put it up.

Excuses, excuses. Now do 200 push ups motherfucker.

Wait what? I missed this, was it the tease at the end?

I can only assume it's Anno being Anno and having things that aren't in the work itself be canon/important, because Anno.
But I haven't seen the movie so fuck if I know.

Considering our setting is a spacefaring space opera game, and the players are a group of mercenaries with a bleeding edge combat ship, if Shin showed up on a planet they could quite literally nuke it from orbit with rail and plasma weaponry.

Not even a tease; after they succeed in "freezing" him with the coagulant they show his tail. He's attempting to bud off a bunch of tiny, man-sized and shaped replicas of himself. I dunno if he was going to fully break into a horde of tiny Manzillas, but he was certainly trying to produce something to counter the "tiny annoyances" that were screwing with him.

This is the last shot of the movie, that's its tail.

>godzilla
>he's a metaphor for a nuclear bomb and the hell and destruction it causes
>no, wait, he's literally hell

>*casts wish*
Setting saved

Still a very ANNO thing.

It is referred to as his "fifth form". Like you said, it might not mean he entirely splits apart, but he definitely was making an army.

It gets worse user.

>Movie opens with coastguard finding an abandoned boat above where Godzilla is about to awake
>Implied that the scientist who owned the boat jumped overboard and committed suicide
>Scientist's wife died from radiation poisoning and the Japanese government did nothing to help
>He discovers Godzilla, tells the American government, they laugh him out
>Scientist knowingly sacrificed himself to Godzilla so Godzilla would possess human DNA
>That's why the second Godzilla head in the tail has human eyes and humanoids coming out of it
>Betrayed scientist was either trying to force humanity to get its act together or decided to make Godzilla even more unstoppable to destroy humanity

It'll probably take a group of mages working out a spell for a couple weeks and then taking another week to cast it.

And that's assuming agents from the country next door don't assassinate one of them because the first country is gettin lazerlizard'd.

Could Anno possible be any more Anno?

What the hell were they thinking with letting user direct a Godzilla movie?

At least it didn't end with congratulations!

Well, i guess there was that one Matthew Broderick version, and it was noticably better than the rest of this trash heap too.

Well of course not, he didn't run out of budget.

That beam attack scene always reminded me this:
vimeo.com/64987176

Lofwyr comes in and fights him. Mecha-Feuerschwinge is optional too.

wouldn't be surprised if we ever got a Shin sequel that they used that to bring in other Kaiju, by having the "G-Spawn" mutate into forms resembling other Toho Kaiju