/40krpg/ Big Tiddy Tau Edition

How are your inter-party relations/conflicts?

Previous Thread: For all your questions on Dark Heresy (1st and 2nd Editions), Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Black Crusade, and Only War.

>Who's making the new 40k RPGs?
ulisses-us.com/in-development-wrath-glory-for-warhammer-40000-roleplay/
Ulisses-Spiel, very well known in Germany. It's set post Gathering Storm, uses a Shadowrun-esque D6 dice pool, and is a unified line with Marines, Humans, and Xenos all playable in the core book.

Book Repositories (If you're planning to download any Rogue Trader materials, read the .txt file in the RT directory)
mega.nz/#F!Pl0UgbJa!vDtTXMKnvZ26fUbuw4X9tg

There is a new Homebrew Megafolder option in above MEGA directory containing several things.

40K RPG tools, a site that contains stats or references for almost all weapons, armor and NPCs/adversaries. Not updated past DH2 core.
40krpgtools.com/

40k RPG Combined Armory (v6.48.161023), containing every piece of gear in all five lines. Now includes all DH2e books.
mediafire.com/folder/i3akv9qx9q05z

Homebrews:
>The Good, the Bad, and the Alpha Legion (v1.1.8) (Total Conversion Deathwatch into the Horus Heresy)
mediafire.com/file/dghh4d6spcd6io9/
>Mars Needs Women! (v1.3.12) (Mechanicus Skitarii and Taghmata for Only War)
mediafire.com/file/xtutxsxmo1k7foo/
>Fear and Loathing in the Eastern Fringe (V1.6.4) (Playable Xenos for Rogue Trader)
mediafire.com/download/fjhddohpscx1d7x
>The Fringe is Yours! (v1.8.16) (More Xenos, Knights, and Horus Heresy gear for Rogue Trader)
mediafire.com/file/cu99mwnw75sw9y9

I'll start. Our party relations are dysfunctional at best.

What's your opinion about Wrath & Glory?

Made this a while back, it was a hell of a campaign.

A bit of scheming, civil war and heresy later

Hard to have an opinion without playing it. Dice pools are gross, though

Sounds like a basic dice pool game?

I know this isn't the place, but is anyone running any Black Crusade games?

Not for you.

But im a big guy.

>How are your inter-party relations/conflicts?

>Apothecary Octavius was horrified the Techmarine Nathaniel wanted to implant a cortex implant salvaged from a captured heretek. The Techmarine insisted "the implant did nothing wrong". The Apothecary ran out of the operation room straight to the Captain, who ordered to seal the implants in one of the vaults. They are wary of each other.

>The Dark Angels Librarian Hindenburg felt censuring Nathaniel was unfair and helped Nathaniel to organise a heist to steal the implant he wanted from the vault. Nathaniel thinks Hindenburg is a battle-brother of culture. Nobody knows what Hindenburg things because the last person who tried to find out disappeared under mysterious circumstances.

>Space Wolf Priest Gunnar dragged Hindenburg's apprentice out of Space Wolf's speakeasy deep in Erioch's underbelly, much to disappointment his fellow wolves, which earned him Hindenburg's respect. Hindenburg respects for showing class during their Wolf and Lion duel which Gunnar won and both get along pretty well despite their contrast between Gunanr being a big softie and Hindenburg being dour and pragmatic

>Assault Marine Arkio is aggrieved by Gunnar's attempts at mentoring him while Gunnar is worried Arkio might be falling into the clutched of the Black Rage and tries to prevent it. Their latest encounter resulted in a duel Arkio won, which actually infuriated him even more.

Together, they fight the heretic, the mutant and the xenos and occasional crime.

I'm not GM, so I will speak of my pov
>trusts, as far as he is able, the adept, treats her as he would one of his own daughters
>views the noble as an unpredictable wildcard and watches her as such
>knows the sororitas is apt to kill him, let her try
>respects, and worries for, the psyker, and even if he won't admit it, fears him, his lust for power and desire to gain it make him a possible foe he can't defend against
>respects the stormtrooper on face, he's seen what they are capable of, and is thankful he stuck his neck out to rescue the adept

Bumping

What's your favorite NPC you made/met?

I'm planning on making running a game of Rogue Trader with some friends soon.

What are some enemies that would be easy on a couple of guys with the only experience with the Warhammer-verse being Total Warhammer?

I was thinking of Orks.

>illustrator chains

If it's a party at Rank 1 basically anything non-human will probably be too much. Orks are so tough they'll spend rounds shooting it, do like 3 damage, and then die when it clubs them to death. Most of the aliens represented accurately will make short work of a low rank group unless you let the crew buy their way into not dying with a bunch of acquisitions. It's not hard, technically, to get equipment that will make killing stuff trivial if you can land the attack even with low starting PF. But if they don't minmax in that fashion then they're going to be hard pressed to kill most of the aliens.

I'd stick with human pirates or something for a starting enemy to face off against. The could have a numbers advantage against the crew to be dangerous but not be unkillable like most of the aliens.

If you're starting them at a higher rank like 3 or 4 then Orks are fine.

Leave best boy alone he's suffered enough

Going to play my first Rogue Trader game in a few days and mostly everything was easily taken in. All the modifier and shit will need some learning and getting used to but the only really confusing thing is the Rank 1 starting Talents/Skills.

In Missionary for example it lists a few things like universal melee training and Pure something as things you already know yet they are also listed in the Rank 1 table of things that you can learn but do not have higher ranks in their lists. Are they there for reference purposes or something?

If you take a rank 1 alternate career thing that replaces what you start with.

Hey Lads I am thinking about running a Black Crusade campaign for three main reasons:
>I love the competitive aspect of the game
>My players are always trying to play bad characters anyway so why not explicitly make them evil
>I am a massive chaosfag
Although I do have a few questions. Is the game any good? Also how would you increase the competitive aspect?
I want to try out a short story (maybe six hours over two sessions at most) to see if my players like it and need to think about how to cram an interesting range that shows of the game into it. I've never run a 40krpg before because my players are quite sceptical about warhammer.

Interesting party dynamic after one session.
Essentially the CSM confides with the two other warriors, there is a significant amount of god based rivalry and the two schemers are scheming away.

How do you guys play your Arch-Militant? What do you use for inspiration? See pic for mine.

Were all your PCs inquisitors? Tell me more.

Can you play as a repentia in 2e?

Black Crusade, like Deathwatch, is very dependent on your players being able to accurately portray their characters. If they don't understand the setting and what being a CSM, Chaos Sorcerer, or what have you, then the game will not be running to its potential.

As for Black Crusade as a game, it's fine. The infamy vs. corruption system is engaging and easily tuned if you take some issue with part of it. The competition aspect would likely be best enhanced if all of your party members are aligned to the same god. Then it is an explicit competition to gain their patron's favor and ascend.

Your idea of a shortform two-session taster will need to be handle carefully. Personal investment in the characters is important for Black Crusade since generally every character is some brand of narcissistic psychopath.

>How are your inter-party relations/conflicts?

The Arbite suspects that the hive ganger hitman killed his partner, but they've gotten caught up in service to the Inquisition since. The hive ganger has done no such thing. Waiting to see how it plays out.

>The hive ganger has done no such thing
A likely story!

I mean, sure. You're formerly a standing member of the Ordo Sororitas, probably a novice, but perhaps one who has not yet earned power armor. Other than that, do what you want and roleplay the rest. For character development purposes you might choose a Role and ask your GM if you can use the Penitent Role Bonus instead of the normal one, then when you get reinstated as a Sister of Battle you could take on the proper one. You aren't starting with an Eviscerator though.

Out of character, it's the most likely possible story since it's the truth. In character, I'm sure the Arbite thinks exactly that.

Why wouldn't you just use the Penitent role in and of itself?

As the regular DM I recently tried to introduce 40krpg's to my group. It literally broke the group apart due to "how sexist and racist the 40k setting is" among other things that happened in the campaign,
Fuck. What do?

What. 40k as a setting is unusually egalitarian barring stuff like the SM/SoB divide and how you define 'mutants'.

Yeah it was a fucking shit show. It all started when I didn't let this bitch play a female space marine (I offered SOB, but no it had to be space marine) and then she and her cuck started The Great Cock-Up Cascade. Now three sessions later nobody will talk to each other.
Have any anons had this before? How do you piece the group back together?

It's a pretty good party honestly.

The Son of Antaeus Apothecary shieldbearing tall ass, quiet but caring is best bro with the loud but pious jetpack Black Dragon Chaplain.
Meanwhile the leader of the squad, the unlucky Lamenter Techmarine goes along fairly well (but not that overtly, being a Techmarine) with the brooding Blackshield (former Flame Falcon) Librarian, since they're both intellectuals.

I like DMing for this party. There's no unnecessary animosity from inside the squad and it allows me to throw more at them from the outside, since they're looked down upon as Kill Team Curse is nothing but Cursed Founding Chapters and a Blackshield, which obviously doesn't attract love and kisses from other marines.

An interesting moment when they met a squad of GK, the Librarian got the clue and acted just as I wanted, wanting revenge for his Chapter. Was pretty comfy to see the others RP and reason with him in order not to get murderfucked by the Inquisition.

You don't. People like this will put their politics in everything anyway.

Meh they were a good group until recently. The chick is usually pretty chill but there was some behind the scenes stuff between us so she decided to fuck shit up.
Then through in person and in game fuckery she managed to screw everything up. It wasn't her intention but still happened.

In any case, her bullshit is her bullshit. Far as I know and like the other user said, Space Marines and the Sisters of Battle/Silence are the only groups that'll really, really care about what's between your legs. Everyone else is blessed with the sacred privilege of working, killing and dying for the God-Emperor.

Bear in mind it was a suggestion, but two reasons: one, it's a shitshow, and two, to be reinstated into the Adepta Sororitas after essentially condemning oneself to death might mark a rapid redemption of one's sense of purpose in the world.

>The chick is usually pretty chill but there was some behind the scenes stuff between us so she decided to fuck shit up.
>Then through in person and in game fuckery she managed to screw everything up. It wasn't her intention but still happened.

This was absolutely her intention user.

>It all started when I didn't let this bitch play a female space marine (I offered SOB, but no it had to be space marine) and then she and her cuck started The Great Cock-Up Cascade

You found the problem.

>Fuck. What do?

Excise the cancer.

Both of them.

Yeah fair nuff. I think she wanted to sway the others onto her side and get rid on me rather than break the group apart but it is what it is.
I'll try and reach out to the other members and see what I can manage to pull together. Still makes for a good kek though.

>have 1.7k xp
>have no idea on what to spend it on
Suggestions? Its a only war game and I'm the weapon sepc I would like to get better at things thats not dodge or shoot (like security) but the costs are so hard that feels like its not worth it.

So what actually happened between you two?

Talents?

Well, I just want my SoB to get an eviscerator though

the only talent I want is true grit and that's about 2k in total I might just wait it out for that overall not much is standing out to me anymore--its not like I have high over all stats either I'm just...bored

Sound Constitution is good.

Start with a chainsword and earn your way up like the rest, maggot.

do you mean binary.

SoB actually start with a chainblade.

Consider the following: I didn't make the meme.

You right tho

Yeah, but you get your Influence Bonus in up to Scarce acquisitions, so you could start with a chainsword.

Mine is Bullseye on a leash.

How is the connection between Kraken and the Tzeentchian and Slaaneshi?

Kraken is a powerful CSM and they are pitiful mortals who fight weakly - he has no time for them.

I get that the setting matters enough to you that you'd not let her roll up a fem marine. I just don't see why it matters enough. Concern over how she's handle the RP aspect? CBF handwaiving the setting importance of genitals? Other?

>Sound Constitution
yeah I can get 6 of that and be pretty well off.

Shouldn't get into it too much but shit went down out of game between us.

She purposely made a fuss out of nothing to get the group to turn against me. Then decided to fuck up the campaign in catastrophic proportions - probably would have been quite funny if it didn't end so tragically.
Her argument essentially was that there was no intelligent fluff reason that Space Marines are only male and that GW are inherently sexist and want to put women off of joining Warhammer. Then over the course of the game she spiralled into saying that the Imperium represent the British and are colonising the xenos (who represent blacks).

I can't feel bad for you when you willingly chose to associate with people like this. I refuse to believe there weren't red flags, especially when you made reference to a (possibly literal) cuck.

Not going to lie and say it wasn't somewhat just. I used to date the crazy chick and she has always been really fun to be around but also a dominating cunt (like myself).
The dude is a massive sub which is why he likes her but I can't fucking deal with how beta he is (says the guy who plays RPGs).
At the end of the day it was an argument between me and her that escalated into a full blown shit-show that destroyed the gaming group.

>upgrade BS
>upgrade Dodge
>get shooty talents
Combat talents and stats are always superior to non-combat stuff in anything but DH, and even then it's up to debate.
>inb4 muh DM told me that we would do social stuff
Bullshit. You won't need social skills even then, despite what you DM says. Also you could pick social skills later, after you survive.

>says the guy who plays RPGs
Nah man there's a surprising amount of libertines in this hobby.

Are there any homebrewed mass combat rules for Only War? It was strange not to find them in rulebooks

Your group sounds interesting as I have a soft spot for well developed space marine characters. Tell me more about them.

Did somebody say Tau? YAY! TAU FRIENDLY THREAD!

This makes me wonder how two AdMechs would argue. Do they just spit numbers at one another until somebody's processor burns out?

No, fuck off you fishfaced space commie.

I personally find it better to just handwave it with simple rolls of a d100 and possibly modifiers pulled out of my ass as the plot demands. FFG's mass combat rules are generally pretty poor outside of the Horde rules.

I knew that pic would crop up.

We won't stop posting it until we get a genuine answer. We're just trying to be friends here.

>taking bants seriously
Taufags everyone.

Do not listen to them, Tau. If they will not be Gue'Vesa, they shall live knowing that they passed up the chance for peace between our races. Move on, and prosper.

why does it have eyeliner

Hear my words, youngling. Your Good may be Great but our Good is Divine. There is no hope in opposing the infinite. Put down your arms, unbelievers, and bow before the glory of Eightfold Star.

Is there a skill in Rogue Trader for creating forged documents?

Doesn't Forgery exist?

>So many radical inquisitors
The only inquisitors not worthy of death are Geralt Monort and Duke Inquisitor Octavius Electius.

Any young Inquisitor who isn't a puritan is heartless, any old Inquisitor who isn't a radical is foolish.

And you people say that we're the ones who spout, "Join or Die".

EVERY INQUISITOR IS A MEDDLING FOOL!

Well, if you ask the Children of Nurgle, you may even join in death.

Octavius is an idiot

>Refusing to consort with daemons and xenos
>An idiot
And yes I get the reference.

>Octavius is an idiot
I mean he's not currently dead, a daemonhost, or tainted with Necron tech.

Granted in retrospect Elanora Von Stross might be an extremely puritanical inquisitor to the point of stupidity.

>I mean he's not currently dead, a daemonhost, or tainted with Necron tech.
setting the bar sky high I see

I mean he's doing better than three of the radicals.

I'm in a weird situation where I'm all my group's characters genuinely seem to respect and like each other, and while they get into trouble a lot they all take care to sort each other out when there's trouble. There's an Astropath that's more like a psychic Lara Croft, an orphaned Space Marine, a Techpriest that spends all his time finding parts for inventions and a Rogue Trader with aspirations of owning an entire fleet. Instead of Mad Men+Pirates of the Carribean it's turned into Blues Brothers.

Your party sounds cozy, user

Good idea or bad idea if I let my players to port/add stuff over from Only War to Rogue Trader?

Perfectly fine, but you need to determine which system takes precedence as a baseline.

Rogue trader since it's the RPG we're gonna play.

So far I told them they can take classes and items from it as long as I take a look and think about it.

The problem so far is that I don't really have an idea on how to start them off for a sandbox game taking place in the current story line.

Items and gear will port over fine. Careers and talents may require some care, since the two systems are slightly different (for example, talents that give unnats in OW add, while in RT they multiply). Running in 42k is a matter of deciding if what side of the Rift you want to use (Regular or Nihilus), and pretty much throwing whatever enemies you think are fun at them.

The problem for me is trying to come up with a logical way for them to start. I was thinking perhaps they're on a hive world and they run into gangers or something since they're starting off at lv1 and they're scared somewhat due to my nature/rep as a very punishing GM, though they say I've been more gentle recently.

I'm new pls dont bully. How do you play an RPG unless it's an inquisitor game where you can travel freely and have a range of different agents working with each other? Are the games just more restricted than in other rpgs where you all play a space marine squad and you play in a warzone, or?

My guess is Rogue Trader since lore wise, I know some space marine chapters owe Rogue Traders some favors, the AdMech want to find new shit or send their shitheads to die horribly, Rogue Traders can bribe/buy out entire regiments, and maybe acolytes might be snet to spy on them.

Well, you can be a Rogue Trader.

Anyone remembers a telekinesis power that could wreck machines? I don't know if it was Dark Heresy 1e, or RT.

Good or bad idea to run my Rogue Trader campaign like it being Pirate of the Caribbean but 40k?

everything is a good idea if you execute it well.